Old 10-25-2008, 10:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemyM View Post

I missed the first couple of episodes and haven't had a chance to watch them online yet. Who is the mother of Jax's baby?

A trailer-trash druggie who OD'd and ended up in the hospital. Gemma tried to finish her off by shaming her to kill herself in the hospital (which didn't work, because they revived her). She was doing drugs while carrying the baby so that's why it was born premature (IIRC).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2008, 10:36 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbiscuit View Post

A trailer-trash druggie who OD'd and ended up in the hospital. Gemma tried to finish her off by shaming her to kill herself in the hospital (which didn't work, because they revived her). She was doing drugs while carrying the baby so that's why it was born premature (IIRC).

Better not let Chris Moltisano hear you trashing his 'ex' around like that

And don't forget, he's a cop now to boot!

Chance favors the prepared mind
Old 10-30-2008, 10:13 PM
Advanced Member

How crazy was the revenge scene at the end of this week's episode? I think the show is really starting to get good now that a lot of the characters have been established.
Old 10-31-2008, 06:04 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addicted2HD4Now View Post

How crazy was the revenge scene at the end of this week's episode? I think the show is really starting to get good now that a lot of the characters have been established.

You think this show is only 'STARTING' to get good??

Old 10-31-2008, 02:31 PM
AVS Special Member

This show has been an ass-kicker from the get-go. I only wish they would do more than 13 eps in a season.
Old 10-31-2008, 03:00 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palladin View Post

You think this show is only 'STARTING' to get good??

Would you feel better if I said really starting to get really good?

I must have had higher expectations from the beginning. I love the edginess of the show and the style but I thought there had been some weeks where it was nothing more than character development and a little fill here and there. There is so much going on now, I think it's hitting it's stride.

Just my opinion, doesn't mean you can't enjoy it more than me.
Old 10-31-2008, 04:19 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Would you feel better if I said really starting to get really good?

Hmmm. Probably not. Maybe if you hit your mark better, and try a different delivery. Perhaps one with more conviction in it.

Y' know, really is such a wishy-washy term anyway. A little stronger commitment might be appropriate. 'Amazingly', instead of 'really', would instill more spirit.

Quote:

I must have had higher expectations from the beginning. I love the edginess of the show and the style but I thought there had been some weeks where it was nothing more than character development and a little fill here and there. There is so much going on now, I think it's hitting it's stride.

If that was the case, then I think your expectations were unrealistic. This is mostly virgin territory. How many MC shows have appeared on television to begin with, AND presented the characters more like a social substrata, than a one-dimensional group of thugs. We both know the answer to that. Pretty much none, even if you included 'Then Came Bronson' And of those that may have appeared, how many were successful at rendering the members with a brush that wasn't limited to sterotypes?

The real edge this program has is mostly attributable to the looser guidelines of cable, and primarily, 'The Shield' as a template for characters who indulge in some form of anti-social behavour, but can still draw us to their side.

Let me ask you this. When you saw 'Falling Down', whose back did you have, Michael Douglas' or the guy who owned the quickie-mart?

Quote:

Just my opinion, doesn't mean you can't enjoy it more than me.

Nope, never tried to suggest you did. Just pointing out that this is not some same ole' simple Dick Wolf crime procedural. This one is going to require more effort than just connecting all the same old dots.

Old 10-31-2008, 08:44 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Hmmm. Probably not. Maybe if you hit your mark better, and try a different delivery. Perhaps one with more conviction in it.

Y' know, really is such a wishy-washy term anyway. A little stronger commitment might be appropriate. 'Amazingly', instead of 'really', would instill more spirit.

If that was the case, then I think your expectations were unrealistic. This is mostly virgin territory. How many MC shows have appeared on television to begin with, AND presented the characters more like a social substrata, than a one-dimensional group of thugs. We both know the answer to that. Pretty much none, even if you included 'Then Came Bronson' And of those that may have appeared, how many were successful at rendering the members with a brush that wasn't limited to sterotypes?

The real edge this program has is mostly attributable to the looser guidelines of cable, and primarily, 'The Shield' as a template for characters who indulge in some form of anti-social behavour, but can still draw us to their side.

Let me ask you this. When you saw 'Falling Down', whose back did you have, Michael Douglas' or the guy who owned the quickie-mart?

Nope, never tried to suggest you did. Just pointing out that this is not some same ole' simple Dick Wolf crime procedural. This one is going to require more effort than just connecting all the same old dots.

Wow, sorry I said anything to start with. I guess I'll just watch and keep to myself.
Old 10-31-2008, 11:35 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Wow, sorry I said anything to start with. I guess I'll just watch and keep to myself.

And I'm sorry to hear you feel that way. Then again, the point of a forum generally is to compare and consider different views on a subject. But if you're going to be so disappointed by anything less than a strong re-affirmation of your own pre-existing beliefs, maybe you're right about changing that approach.

Then again, this might be nothing more than a failure to communicate. Sometimes a face-to-face can be more helpful. So, I'll send my reasonable and well-mannered buddy Darby over for a meet and greet, and maybe he can do a better job of coming to terms with you on this issue.

Old 11-01-2008, 07:09 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

And I'm sorry to hear you feel that way. Then again, the point of a forum generally is to compare and consider different views on a subject. But if you're going to be so disappointed by anything less than a strong re-affirmation of your own pre-existing beliefs, maybe you're right about changing that approach.

Then again, this might be nothing more than a failure to communicate. Sometimes a face-to-face can be more helpful. So, I'll send my reasonable and well-mannered buddy Darby over for a meet and greet, and maybe he can do a better job of coming to terms with you on this issue.

No, you're making too many assumptions about my opinion based on a fairly innocuous two sentence comment.
Old 11-01-2008, 09:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Palladin has way too much time on his hands to over-analyze stuff here, man. It's not just in this thread. Best if you just let a lot of what is asserted go in one ear and out the next.
Old 11-01-2008, 11:48 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

No, you're making too many assumptions about my opinion based on a fairly innocuous two sentence comment.

Unless you're being obscurely vague, that statement you're referring to isn't quite as 'innocuous' as you seem to be insisting.

When you say:

Quote:

I think the show is really starting to get good now

The obvious and only rationale interpretation of that comment (at least in the English language) is that you didn’t think the first eight episodes were good, Right?

I disagreed and offered my reasons for doing so, admittedly in a somewhat joking manner while making the point, and you…well, come to think of it, you really didn’t offer much of anything to support or back up your generally negative statement. So I can only guess you identified more with the Quickie mart guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbiscuit View Post

Best if you just let a lot of what is asserted go in one ear and out the next.

Hmmm. So IOW, you’re suggesting that there is little to obstruct that particular passageway in him? Honestly, that sounds a little unkind, even if it should ultimately prove to be a fair assessment.

Palladin

Old 11-06-2008, 07:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Wow...I was not expecting that last scene...I was expecting him to spit on the paper or tell her to GTFO or something...that was absolutely brutal (and a little un-necessary) but she did try to coerce his testimony with falsities...damn...don't mess with SAMCRO

This show just keeps getting better and better

Josh
PSN: lax01
Old 11-06-2008, 11:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by lax01 View Post

Wow...I was not expecting that last scene...I was expecting him to spit on the paper or tell her to GTFO or something...that was absolutely brutal (and a little un-necessary) but she did try to coerce his testimony with falsities...damn...don't mess with SAMCRO

This show just keeps getting better and better

He should have broke her neck!
Old 11-08-2008, 11:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 146
Quote:

OTOH, it makes it pretty much impossible for the Feds to try to flip him again. He's not getting out anytime soon after that.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 39
What a fantastic episode last night. This is without a doubt my new favorite show on TV. Are there only 13 episodes in this season? Man I can't wait for more of this show.
Old 11-13-2008, 08:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Wouldn't you just not say anything until you spoke to a lawyer? I don't get why these guys are talking....Op could have demanded a lawyer and then told the lawyer what the ATF was doing...I don't know, maybe there is another law that I'm not aware of that allows them to hold them for 48 hours without a lawyer present.

Next episode looks great...last one!

Josh
PSN: lax01
Old 11-13-2008, 09:03 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemyM View Post

What a fantastic episode last night. This is without a doubt my new favorite show on TV. Are there only 13 episodes in this season? Man I can't wait for more of this show.

Same here. A really connected ensemble cast and while Katy's character clearly 'owns' this series, I've got to give props to Ally Walker as Agent Stahl. Admittedly her balls don't clank quite as loud as Gemma's, but the facial expressions and attitude help to fill in the gap. At this rate, I think SOA is not just a worthy successor to The Shield, but will probably exceed its legacy. BTW, for any still leftover 'The Shield' fans, Ally also played Vic's messed up hooker.

Old 11-14-2008, 12:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Also "Dutch" from The Shield played the AFT agent that went thru the window..

Old 11-14-2008, 12:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I think SOA is not just a worthy successor to The Shield, but will probably exceed its legacy.

Thats pushin it..
Lol

My mom works for Sony, and she brought home a copy of "Starhawk BETA"
I quickly slipped it into my trusty PS3, and started playing.

GOOZEX Game/Movie Exchange
Old 11-14-2008, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddy_winds View Post

Thats pushin it..
Lol

LOL. Amen to that.

SOA is definitely hitting its stride now. The first few weeks I was never in a hurry to watch it, and now I can't wait for the new episodes to come on.
Old 11-14-2008, 01:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:

Actually, I think there are two left. The Shield and Sons ending their seasons (and for Shield, its run) at the same time is going to leave a gaping hole on my DVR!

Oh and I have a sneaking suspicion that Hale is going to end up being a White Knight for SAMCRO and spill the beans to them that Op is being set up. Just a hunch.
Old 11-14-2008, 02:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:

Wouldn't you just not say anything until you spoke to a lawyer? I don't get why these guys are talking....Op could have demanded a lawyer and then told the lawyer what the ATF was doing...I don't know, maybe there is another law that I'm not aware of that allows them to hold them for 48 hours without a lawyer present.

Who talked? They all just denied the charges. You can't just demand a lawyer. You have to know one, and pay for their services...unless you are charged, then you can get a shoddy public defender.

I have a hard time believing that SAMCRO would believe that the ATF so openly paying off Opie's debts would not be a set up. I am interested to see if they actually follow through and kill him though.

All in all, I enjoy the show a lot.

Art

Art
Old 11-14-2008, 02:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sangs View Post

Oh and I have a sneaking suspicion that Hale is going to end up being a White Knight for SAMCRO and spill the beans to them that Op is being set up. Just a hunch.

Hale is kinda growing on me. He's a true boyscout, and doesn't approve of abuse of power from the ATF either. I wouldn't be surprised if what you suggested turns out to be true, as he must feel pretty used about now.

Art
Old 11-14-2008, 02:55 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
There is a saying in the outlaw biker world " Nobody talks - everybody walks ".
Old 11-15-2008, 04:39 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Same here. A really connected ensemble cast and while Katy's character clearly 'owns' this series, I've got to give props to Ally Walker as Agent Stahl. Admittedly her balls don't clank quite as loud as Gemma's, but the facial expressions and attitude help to fill in the gap. At this rate, I think SOA is not just a worthy successor to The Shield, but will probably exceed its legacy. BTW, for any still leftover 'The Shield' fans, Ally also played Vic's messed up hooker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddy_winds View Post

Thats pushin it..
Lol

Only time will tell. The Shield has been one of my favorite shows for quite some time, and just from what we've seen to date with SOA, it looks like FX, based upon what they learned (i.e. gotten away with) from The Shield, is gonna let the boundaries of their programming be pushed even further to the fringe.

BTW, what was everyone's take on the scene with Tig and the cellphone that was bugged, which got tossed into the whiskey glass. Could be interpreted a few different ways, particularly with that weird-ass expression on Tigger's face. Is Tig some kind of fed infiltrator or something? Theories?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sangs View Post

Well, that seems to be where they're trying to direct/misdirect us to. But where do you go from there? Unkess he's going to just become another Unser, they're still going to need SOME kind of antagonist, right?

And will Opie be the factor that ultimately divides the SOA, and sets Jax against Clay?

Old 11-15-2008, 07:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:

Well, that seems to be where they're trying to direct/misdirect us to. But where do you go from there? Unkess he's going to just become another Unser, they're still going to need SOME kind of antagonist, right?

Oh I think he'll still stay on the straight and narrow and try to take down SAMCRO, but he'll do it within his moral boundaries. It is obvious he does not approve/agree with the way Stahl is going about it. Definitely outside his boundaries.
Old 11-17-2008, 01:31 PM
Advanced Member

I think Hale will reveal that Opie ISN'T the witness, if only to protect him, which isn't quite the same thing as saying who the witness is. Of course, whether or not this comes in time to save Opie is the question :P

They really should have spent more time showing how the people of Charming view SAMCRO. We've seen them be an unofficial investigative unit (finding the rapist) and they put on some sort of fair/charity thing, but hard to say if the average Charming resident views them as parasites, guardians (which is what I think the show wants us to believe), or just quirky dudes living on the outskirts of town.

Plus, when is Prospect gonna not be a prospect? Seems like he is pretty plugged into their illegal activities to not get membership, if only to ensure his silence.
Old 11-17-2008, 03:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason10mm View Post

They really should have spent more time showing how the people of Charming view SAMCRO. We've seen them be an unofficial investigative unit (finding the rapist) and they put on some sort of fair/charity thing, but hard to say if the average Charming resident views them as parasites, guardians (which is what I think the show wants us to believe), or just quirky dudes living on the outskirts of town.

The majority of the town would probably have little interaction with SAMCRO, and would have no idea of the scope of the club's "activities". Those closer to the situation would probably be split between disgust, and seeing them as some sort of protectors.

Art
Old 11-17-2008, 04:20 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Yeah, the rapist episode was pretty much the only one which offered any limited info concerning the interrelationship between Samcro & Charming.

My guess would be that the people of the town are either essentially a 'captive' audience, or they look upon Samcro as a necessary evil to keep other MC predators (Mayans, etc.) at bay. Better the devil you know....and all that stuff.