'Sons of Anarchy' on FX HD - Page 41 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1201 of 1223 Old 01-14-2014, 03:44 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 21
You Tube, punch in 24 Damn it compilation... First one up, almost 6 minutes of "Damn It's" [Smiley Face]... BTW, it is estimated Jack killed 247 people over 8 seasons of 24.. Add "We're running out of time"... Sorry to hijack the thread...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1202 of 1223 Old 01-14-2014, 04:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Set up a perimeter!!..biggrin.gif

post #1203 of 1223 Old 02-23-2014, 11:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Few years ago I watched the first three seasons of the show and was burned out after the third season. Mostly due to really hating the Belfast season. Over the past two weeks I watched the most recent 3 seasons and enjoyed a lot of it, but also found I hated a lot of it. The show has basically become a murder-a-thon each week, which I hated, but what kept me watching were the relationships and a lot of the humor. Killing off Opie and Tara essentially killed off the heart and soul of the show for me. I'm so incredibly sick of Gemma, which is obviously a problem since as others pointed out, it appears to be a vehicle to showcase her. The way this most recent season ended has soured me again almost as much as the Belfast season did, but I guess I'll tune in next season just to see how it ends. It's such an odd show - I love it almost as much as I hate it.
post #1204 of 1223 Old 02-25-2014, 02:07 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyehill View Post

Few years ago I watched the first three seasons of the show and was burned out after the third season. Mostly due to really hating the Belfast season. Over the past two weeks I watched the most recent 3 seasons and enjoyed a lot of it, but also found I hated a lot of it. The show has basically become a muder-a-thon each week, which I hated, but what kept me watching were the relationships and a lot of the humor. Killing off Opie and Tara essentially killed off heart and soul of the show for me. I'm so incredibly sick of Gemma, which is obviously a problem since as others pointed out, it appears to be a vehicle to showcase her. The way this most recent season ended has soured me again almost as much as the Belfast season did, but I guess I'll tune in next season just to see how it ends. It's such an odd show - I love it almost as much as I hate it.

I know. I kept watching although I don't really like ANY of the characters as people. Not sure I can recall another show I've watched like that.
post #1205 of 1223 Old 02-25-2014, 02:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOPA View Post

I know. I kept watching although I don't really like ANY of the characters as people. Not sure I can recall another show I've watched like that.

For me it was Seinfeld. Awful people, but a great show.
post #1206 of 1223 Old 02-26-2014, 04:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOPA View Post

There's pretty much no one on this show to like anymore, they're all lying murderers or accomplices. Sutter seems to like nihilistic endings and that's what we're going to get this year I think. I'll be glad to see it end no matter what.
post #1207 of 1223 Old 02-26-2014, 05:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 20
I dunno I like Tig. Just because he's the best actor on this show.

These are just my opinions.
post #1208 of 1223 Old 02-26-2014, 10:38 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 386
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldcband View Post

I dunno I like Tig. Just because he's the best actor on this show.

I think a lot of SoA's cast members are strong actors. I have come to admire Charlie Hunnam's talent and there is nobody better than Katey Sagal, Mark Boone Junior isn't chopped liver either. And it seems to me that the addition of Jimmy Smits as Nero strengthened the show.

Part of my fascination with Sons of Anarchy is that watching it is, to me, akin to being an eyewitness to a train wreck. As horrific as it is, I can't take my eyes away. smile.gif
slowbiscuit likes this.
post #1209 of 1223 Old 02-26-2014, 03:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 20
gwsat
I agree with you that the cast is very good. Chibs was in Gladiator and was excellent, I really like Bobby and Opie. You love to hate Clay which shows that he did a great job. I really like this show, and felt horrible when Gemma offed Tara.

These are just my opinions.
post #1210 of 1223 Old 02-26-2014, 05:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

I think a lot of SoA's cast members are strong actors. I have come to admire Charlie Hunnam's talent and there is nobody better than Katey Sagal, Mark Boone Junior isn't chopped liver either. And it seems to me that the addition of Jimmy Smits as Nero strengthened the show.

Part of my fascination with Sons of Anarchy is that watching it is, to me, akin to being an eyewitness to a train wreck. As horrific as it is, I can't take my eyes away. smile.gif

I think they're all great actors. I've been a fan of Dayton Callie's since Deadwood. For me the problem with the show is the writing. I never once believed Tara's disillusionment with her marriage. One minute she's in love and getting married, the next she wants to be in WITSEC. I agree that it's hard to turn away from the show. My problem in the most recent season is that it was also hard to watch. I liked Smits' character, but they even turned him into a scumbag of sorts. Regardless, it only has one more season, so I'll stick around for it.
post #1211 of 1223 Old 02-26-2014, 07:24 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 386
Quote:

I think they're all great actors. I've been a fan of Dayton Callie's since Deadwood. For me the problem with the show is the writing. I never once believed Tara's disillusionment with her marriage. One minute she's in love and getting married, the next she wants to be in WITSEC. I agree that it's hard to turn away from the show. My problem in the most recent season is that it was also hard to watch. I liked Smits' character, but they even turned him into a scumbag of sorts. Regardless, it only has one more season, so I'll stick around for it.

I bought Tara's conflict. On one hand she wants to be supportive of her husband but realizes his actions are putting both her and their children in danger. This sets up a horrible conflict between supporting her husband and protecting her children. I thought all of that was handled pretty well. Smits has shown us Nero's dark side but then everybody in SoA is to some extent a scumbag. The only differentiating factor seems to be each character's level of scumbaginess.
post #1212 of 1223 Old 02-27-2014, 07:51 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

I bought Tara's conflict. On one hand she wants to be supportive of her husband but realizes his actions are putting both her and their children in danger. This sets up a horrible conflict between supporting her husband and protecting her children. I thought all of that was handled pretty well. Smits has shown us Nero's dark side but then everybody in SoA is to some extent a scumbag. The only differentiating factor seems to be each character's level of scumbaginess.

Tara's change of heart really took place over a period of time .. beginning even before the kidnapping incident where her hand was smashed ..

And as she lay in the hospital, saying she now has “no way out” of the life she’s chosen, that she will “never save another life” ...

Sometimes, and I know many will disagree with this, I think Juice is the biggest scumbag of them all ..

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

post #1213 of 1223 Old 02-27-2014, 10:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

Tara's change of heart really took place over a period of time .. beginning even before the kidnapping incident where her hand was smashed ..

And as she lay in the hospital, saying she now has “no way out” of the life she’s chosen, that she will “never save another life” ...

Sometimes, and I know many will disagree with this, I think Juice is the biggest scumbag of them all ..

That's another issue I had. Juice giving up the club because they might find out his dad is black? That was just stupid. Made even dumber by his attempts to cover it up.Maybe I'd find a lot of this more tolerable if I had watched it as it aired instead of seeing them all back-to-back.
post #1214 of 1223 Old 02-27-2014, 11:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 127
Quote:

That's another issue I had. Juice giving up the club because they might find out his dad is black? That was just stupid. Made even dumber by his attempts to cover it up.Maybe I'd find a lot of this more tolerable if I had watched it as it aired instead of seeing them all back-to-back.

I'm in the process of watching the series-I'm almost 1/2 thru S5. I shouldn't even be reading this thread for fear of spoilers, much less posting. But I too was confused by Juice's reaction to his father being black. It seemed to come out of nowhere..

"There is no truth. There's just what you believe."
post #1215 of 1223 Old 05-30-2014, 09:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Marilyn Manson joins 'Sons of Anarchy' cast for show's final ride
The goth rocker will portray a white supremacist in prison for the final season of the hit FX motorcycle gang drama.
BY DAVID HINCKLEY NEW YORK DAILY NEWS Thursday, May 29, 2014, 3:39 PM

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/marily-manson-joins-sons-anarchy-cast-show-final-ride-article-1.1810279#ixzz33DPEbi1b
post #1216 of 1223 Old 05-30-2014, 10:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 151
Ugh, good thing this is the last season.
post #1217 of 1223 Old 05-30-2014, 10:50 AM
AVS Special Member

I dunno. Could be interesting.

post #1218 of 1223 Old 05-31-2014, 07:42 AM
AVS Special Member

If Californication was any indicator, he's a horrible actor.
slowbiscuit likes this.
post #1219 of 1223 Old 05-31-2014, 11:03 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

If Californication was any indicator, he's a horrible actor.

How tough can it be to play "a white supremacist in prison" .. ?? Now that Otto's gone, somebodies got to step in on the inside ..

and as a bonus, the makeup department will save some money on fake tattoos ..

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

post #1220 of 1223 Old 05-31-2014, 11:26 AM
AVS Special Member

MM was okay on family guy. A little cartoonish, maybe...

post #1221 of 1223 Old 05-31-2014, 11:28 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonwolf615 View Post

MM was okay on family guy. A little cartoonish, maybe...

Good one .. smile.gif

post #1222 of 1223 Old 07-08-2014, 01:47 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Sons of Anarchy Recruits Courtney Love for Pivotal Season 7 Arc

By Michael Ausiello

Sons of Anarchy‘s final season promises to be one big Love-fest!
The FX drama has tapped rocker Courtney Love to join Season 7 in a pivotal, multi-episode arc, TVLine has learned exclusively.

In what marks her dramatic TV acting debut, Love will play Ms. Harrison, the straight-shooting preschool teacher of Jax’s eldest son, Abel. Look for Love’s educator to take a special interest in Abel — which will likely spark an interesting reaction from the boy’s mother Wendy (newly-minted series regular Drea de Matteo).

And Marilyn Manson is set to appear in Season 7 as a prison power player who has dealings with Jax.
SOA Season 7 bows this fall. Love will debut in Episode 4.

http://tvline.com/2014/07/08/courtne...season-7-cast/#

I'm curious to see how Kurt ends SOA this final season
post #1223 of 1223 Old Yesterday, 10:22 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Sutter on the SOA Emmy Snub :

http://nikkifinke.com/emmy-snubs-kurt-sutter-feel/

Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page