Forum Jump: 
 16Likes

post #1231 of 1277 Old 07-16-2014, 07:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 23
For me, the turning point was Season 3 when they went on a vacation to Hawaii. Wait, that was the Brady Bunch. SAMCRO went to Ireland.
taxman48 and TeeJay1952 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1232 of 1277 Old 07-16-2014, 09:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by edpowers View Post
I'm curious to hear what fans think of the "snub"?
Well-deserved IMO considering how nihilistic this show has become. My guess is that it's going to get even worse in the end, because that's how Sutter rolls.
post #1233 of 1277 Old 07-16-2014, 09:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 49
I'm a fan of the show, but it's no longer Emmy worthy. As someone else said, the year in Ireland is where it took a nosedive in quality for me.
post #1234 of 1277 Old 07-16-2014, 05:27 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Well, I love the show and characters/story, and hate to see the end of this series.

Hopefully they do the ending right...
post #1235 of 1277 Old 07-16-2014, 08:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeNc View Post
Well, I love the show and characters/story, and hate to see the end of this series.

Hopefully they do the ending right...

Its refreshing to see someone buck the trend of negative posts lately. Not that I don't understand the complaints, I've just haven't decided if I agree with them yet. I've just caught up on the show and have yet to see an episode live, which may be why I'm out of step with the consensus. But I have found the show highly addictive and perfect for binge viewing. Part of the appeal for me is the sheer unpredictability of the show, how they aren't afraid to take gambles, so it doesn't bother me that much if they don't always succeed. The other main appeal is the charisma of the supporting cast, in how the roles are written as well as acted, and that hasn't changed from day 1. There were a couple of times during my viewing that I was ready to quit, but in those cases I found I had seriously underestimated the writing, and in the end the show redeemed itself. At its worst, SOA is still a heck of a ride. At its best it can be thought provoking and disturbing. I don't really think there has ever been anything quite like it on tv and it definitely belongs in any discussion of the "golden age" of cable .
JoeNc likes this.

"There is no truth. There's just what you believe."
post #1236 of 1277 Old 07-17-2014, 01:35 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Sons of Anarchy‘s seventh and final season will bow Tuesday, Sept. 9 at 10/9c with a super-sized episode, FX announced Thursday. The hour-and-45-minute premiere .

Per FX, Season 7 begins 10 days after Tara’s brutal murder and finds “Jax in jail on a parole violation, grappling with the loss of the woman he loved. With the club’s full support, he sets in motion the brutal machinations that will lead to complete and merciless retribution.”

http://tvline.com/2014/07/17/sons-of...ngsscoopsalert#
post #1237 of 1277 Old 07-18-2014, 07:58 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 248 Post(s)
Liked: 621
Quote:
Originally Posted by harley1 View Post
The question is, what "brutal machinations that will lead to complete and merciless retribution.” means .. certainly, if Gemma and Juice become targets of Jax, then the drama will play out over the season ..

Uncle Willie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #1238 of 1277 Old 07-18-2014, 09:40 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Uncle Willie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #1239 of 1277 Old 07-18-2014, 09:42 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Uncle Willie

post #1240 of 1277 Old 07-18-2014, 09:44 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Uncle Willie

post #1241 of 1277 Old 09-05-2014, 05:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 33
My DVR has scheduled the final season premiere on Tuesday, and has it for 2.5 hours. The release said it was going to be an hour-and-45-minute episode. I guess the extra 0:45 is for Anarchy Afterword since that doesn't have a separate listing in the guide.
post #1242 of 1277 Old 09-05-2014, 08:36 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Liked: 491
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemyM View Post
My DVR has scheduled the final season premiere on Tuesday, and has it for 2.5 hours. The release said it was going to be an hour-and-45-minute episode. I guess the extra 0:45 is for Anarchy Afterword since that doesn't have a separate listing in the guide.
Tribune Media Services furnishes the guide info for TiVo. Like your DVR, my TiVo has scheduled 2.5 hours for the season premiere.
post #1243 of 1277 Old 09-09-2014, 12:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Tonight!!
post #1244 of 1277 Old 09-10-2014, 04:34 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Oh Gemma, what hath thou wrought?
Garrett Adams and Young C like this.
post #1245 of 1277 Old 09-10-2014, 03:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 104
I'm rooting for her demise before the final curtain.
hall likes this.
post #1246 of 1277 Old 09-10-2014, 07:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 67
anyone stay around for "After Anarchy"?.. Please get another host..Good episode, but refresh my memory. Why is everyone hunting for Juice? I thought Gemma would knock Juice off in the apartment to tie up a loose end..

post #1247 of 1277 Old 09-11-2014, 05:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxman48 View Post
anyone stay around for "After Anarchy"?.. Please get another host..Good episode, but refresh my memory. Why is everyone hunting for Juice? I thought Gemma would knock Juice off in the apartment to tie up a loose end..
Yeah, the host is pretty poor. Jax found out that Juice told Nero that Jax had him kill Davenny by making it look like she overdosed. Jax told Juice that he knows he betrayed him so Juice thinks he is going to kill him.

How does it go from Gemma saying the police have no leads in Tara's murder to all of a sudden she saw the Chinese guy coming from the house?
post #1248 of 1277 Old 09-11-2014, 06:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
anyone stay around for "After Anarchy"?.. Please get another host..
That dude was awful and looked like he either just stepped out of the tanning booth or they layered on way too much fake tan.

I sure hope Gemma dies in a horrible way by the end of this season, everything's going good and the bitch starts a new war with the Chinese just so she can cover up what she did. Ugh.
post #1249 of 1277 Old 09-11-2014, 06:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
How does it go from Gemma saying the police have no leads in Tara's murder to all of a sudden she saw the Chinese guy coming from the house?
Agreed, that whole deal at the end was a head-scratcher. Sutter contriving more sh*t just because that's how he rolls.
post #1250 of 1277 Old 09-11-2014, 06:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbiscuit View Post
I sure hope Gemma dies in a horrible way by the end of this season, everything's going good and the bitch starts a new war with the Chinese just so she can cover up what she did. Ugh.
I see it ending one of two ways. Either her cover up causes everyone to get killed and she ends up alone, or Jax finds out the truth and she dies a horrible death.
post #1251 of 1277 Old 09-11-2014, 07:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 128
Quote:
Agreed, that whole deal at the end was a head-scratcher. Sutter contriving more sh*t just because that's how he rolls.
I agree. I really have a like/hate relationship with this show. I can't stand about 70% of it and then's there's the stuff I like. It is really contrived. I can't believe that Jax can't even conceive that Gemma could have been involved Tara.

Jerry. Just remember. Its not a lie . . . if you believe it. GC
post #1252 of 1277 Old 09-11-2014, 11:55 AM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Can someone explain to me why the woman getting banged by the assistant pastor thought it was a good idea to open fire on 4 guys that busted into her bedroom/stage with silenced weapons? What the hell? Why? to what purpose?
post #1253 of 1277 Old 09-11-2014, 12:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
I see it ending one of two ways. Either her cover up causes everyone to get killed and she ends up alone, or Jax finds out the truth and she dies a horrible death.
Agreed, let her watch reruns of "Married with Children"..

post #1254 of 1277 Old 09-11-2014, 08:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by John dhein View Post
Can someone explain to me why the woman getting banged by the assistant pastor thought it was a good idea to open fire on 4 guys that busted into her bedroom/stage with silenced weapons? What the hell? Why? to what purpose?
I agree, strange. Yesterday I was going to post that the woman was a dual banger, so I'll do it now.
post #1255 of 1277 Old 09-11-2014, 09:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 128
Quote:
Agreed, let her watch reruns of "Married with Children"..
Wouldn't it be great if there was a reunion and Katey Sagal did the show as Gemma? I'd buy that for a dollar!
taxman48 likes this.

Jerry. Just remember. Its not a lie . . . if you believe it. GC
post #1256 of 1277 Old 09-12-2014, 09:08 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Liked: 491
I have been wondering for sometime whether Gemma or the person Jax has become is the bigger monster. I still can't decide. When Gemma proclaimed, "I'm not a psychopath" and that all the monstrous acts she had committed, including murdering Tara, were "for the Club," I thought she was fooling no one but herself. Gemma's self-serving lie about having seen the young Chinese guy outside right before Tara was killed was the capper, though. She had to know not only that it would lead the violent and emotionally destroyed Jax to kill the guy, but might start a war with the Chinese.

In some ways, though, Jax is worse than Gemma. Gemma is coldblooded and calculating and acts purely from the perspective of preserving her influence and safety but Jax has turned into a mindless predator. Jax knew better than most just how treacherous Gemma could but nevertheless brutally tortured and murdered the Chinese fellow solely on Gemma's word, although the fellow had nothing to do with Tara's death. Brrr!

Gemma has always been a horrible person, dating back to her conspiracy with Clay to murder her first husband, Jax's father John, but Jax has slowly deteriorated into a ruthless, violent, killing machine. God, I hate these people! No matter, though, I can't take my eyes off of them.
Keenan likes this.
post #1257 of 1277 Old 09-12-2014, 02:25 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett Adams View Post
I'm rooting for her demise before the final curtain.
I'm thinking you may get your wish .. there will be blood ..

Uncle Willie

post #1258 of 1277 Old 09-12-2014, 02:43 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post
I have been wondering for sometime whether Gemma or the person Jax has become is the bigger monster. I still can't decide. When Gemma proclaimed, "I'm not a psychopath" and that all the monstrous acts she had committed, including murdering Tara, were "for the Club," I thought she was fooling no one but herself. Gemma's self-serving lie about having seen the young Chinese guy outside right before Tara was killed was the capper, though. She had to know not only that it would lead the violent and emotionally destroyed Jax to kill the guy, but might start a war with the Chinese.

In some ways, though, Jax is worse than Gemma. Gemma is coldblooded and calculating and acts purely from the perspective of preserving her influence and safety but Jax has turned into a mindless predator. Jax knew better than most just how treacherous Gemma could but nevertheless brutally tortured and murdered the Chinese fellow solely on Gemma's word, although the fellow had nothing to do with Tara's death. Brrr!

Gemma has always been a horrible person, dating back to her conspiracy with Clay to murder her first husband, Jax's father John, but Jax has slowly deteriorated into a ruthless, violent, killing machine. God, I hate these people! No matter, though, I can't take my eyes off of them.
How far we have come since Season One .. a young, fresh faced, idealistic Jax to what we now have ..

Myself, I'm glad we're on the downhill slide to the final finale .. the last few seasons have just not been that compelling for me ..

SOA hit hard and hit fast during and after Season One .. word of mouth, I think NF helped it .. then, Season Two / Three and t-shirts start appearing at Wally for the wanna be in crowd (which I personally, as a biker, would not be caught "dead" in) .. bobble heads, hoodies, and whatever other merch could be squeezed in ..

Lenny "The Pimp" Janowitz (Sonny Barger) .. last of the First 9 still alive

I wish Piney Winston was still around ..
I wish Luann Delaney was still around ..
I wish David Hale was still around ..
I particularly miss Lincoln "Linc" Potter ..

And others .. these were all characters that added character to the show ..

Uncle Willie

post #1259 of 1277 Old 09-13-2014, 06:23 AM
AVS Special Member

I think Opie getting killed off really hurt it more than anything.
post #1260 of 1277 Old 09-13-2014, 07:11 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
I think Opie getting killed off really hurt it more than anything.
Disagree! No one is safe. Likable, evil, unaware, innocent (schoolyard shooting)doesn't matter. Everyone is at risk. (like life)
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page