Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 6444 Old 11-11-2008, 09:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I enjoyed it...anyone catch the bald guy in the first scene at the airport in Germany?

Josh
PSN: lax01
post #543 of 6444 Old 11-12-2008, 12:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1053 Post(s)
Liked: 595
Quote:
Originally Posted by lax01 View Post

I enjoyed it...anyone catch the bald guy in the first scene at the airport in Germany?

*rasies hand*...Still a fan of the show I have also hooked a non sci-fi person (my Fiancee) on this show...
post #544 of 6444 Old 11-12-2008, 12:59 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 497
Walter and Peter kept me watching again this week ("You never said he was shot in the head!") but the plot kind of wilted half way in. An interesting organism that they didn't really use. At the end I just thought it was a really stupid convoluted way to get someone in prison to ask a question.

And Olivia really needs to have sex. The few moments after kissing that guy was the most lively I've seen her. But then she went back to her hotel and woke up with boring Olivia again.

I kept expecting the voice of Godfather throughout this episode when the infected agent was on screen.

post #545 of 6444 Old 11-12-2008, 03:45 AM

Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 1011
Quote:

I swear, you're stalking all my shows.
post #546 of 6444 Old 11-12-2008, 05:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1053 Post(s)
Liked: 595
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post

Walter and Peter kept me watching again this week ("You never said he was shot in the head!") but the plot kind of wilted half way in. An interesting organism that they didn't really use. At the end I just thought it was a really stupid convoluted way to get someone in prison to ask a question.

And Olivia really needs to have sex. The few moments after kissing that guy was the most lively I've seen her. But then she went back to her hotel and woke up with boring Olivia again.

I kept expecting the voice of Godfather throughout this episode when the infected agent was on screen.

My FIancee when she saw him said ohhh Godfather LOL!!! Looks like they are taking some HBO tallent on this show lol!!!
post #547 of 6444 Old 11-12-2008, 05:31 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Liked: 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djoel View Post

Walter is a funny mofo! Great episode

Djoel

Quote:

Walter and Peter kept me watching again this week ("You never said he was shot in the head!") but the plot kind of wilted half way in.

I'm actually starting to lose my interest in Walter. I'm starting to tire of the same list he gives every week:

"I've thought of a couple of things. One, I've seen this before."
"What's the other other thing, Walter?"
"I'd like some onion soup"

or

"I remember where I parked my car."

or

"I'd like some gum or a mint"

With the last one, it was blatently telegraphed that he was going to utter that line when he talked about gum earlier and waited to be prompted when he was making his list this episode.

Walter is starting to become more of a product of a random dialog generator than the glue that holds the show together. Since he's the main reason I watch, I may have to reconsider my committment to the show.

Also, exactly how many times did Olivia repeat the line "I don't have any more time!" during the prison scene?
post #548 of 6444 Old 11-12-2008, 06:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:

Yes. I hate that one of the best parts of the show is a Where's Wally rip-off.

I did like Walter's little fruit-cup comment, and I'm one of the few (only?) people who don't like that character that much. Not that any of the characters are that good. This show is hanging in my season pass list by a thread.

Fortunately for the show, the opening acts almost demand I watch the rest of the episode. I think they do a great job of sucking you in with the first 5 minutes of the show. Unfortunately the rest of the show needs some work IMO.
post #549 of 6444 Old 11-12-2008, 07:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

And it seems like he might have more of a role...

I half-expected him to order Bravo into an insane firefight...

Josh
PSN: lax01
post #550 of 6444 Old 11-12-2008, 09:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked: 185
Just an ok episode for me.... kind of slow moving till the end where it seemed they ran out of time and had to rush the conclusion.
I agree that it was a really convoluted way to get some info out of a prisoner. Even on paper that plan must of seemed pretty far fetched.
Maybe I'm getting a bit jaded, but compared to this week's excellent installment of "Terminator" - Fringe wasn't anything special. They need to recapture some of the excitement and mystery from the pilot episode if they hope to keep their audience.

"If we ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space."
post #551 of 6444 Old 11-12-2008, 12:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:

I actually caught his appearance this time! (That would be the first time ever, for me) It was just a freak coincidence, too- I just happened to look up at the screen in that particular spot at that very moment.

I need your sweet love, Rosetta Stone girl!
post #552 of 6444 Old 11-12-2008, 02:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
There's nothing like a version of "Where's Waldo" when all else fails.
post #553 of 6444 Old 11-12-2008, 02:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Liked: 164
Funny, I watched last night's episode on my DVR after watching the movie "Transsiberian" on DVD. That was such a good film I wasn't sure I wanted to watch a TV show episode. Turned out the director for last night's episode was Brad Anderson and probably the same who also directed "Transsiberain." IMDB does list him as the director on his entry but he has directed some TV episodes and the Fringe episode entry on IMDB strangely enough does not list the director but most likely its the same guy.
post #554 of 6444 Old 11-12-2008, 05:39 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 26
"Hi, honey, what did you do for work today?"

"Oh, nothing much, just spoke to a dead guy, that's all."

"What's new about that? We speak to dead guys all the time. This is, 6 Feet Under after all..."

"Yeah, but they never speak back!"

XBOX Live: Wagmman
PSN: Wagg
BFBC2: Wagman
Steam: Wag

My Second Life character looks and acts exactly like me except he can fly.
post #555 of 6444 Old 11-12-2008, 05:51 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 442 Post(s)
Liked: 442
Maybe some of this "medical science" will find it's way into a House episode, can you imagine a scene where House is "talking" to a dead person?
post #556 of 6444 Old 11-12-2008, 07:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bull3964 View Post

I my opinion it will be a crime against good TV if this gets a second season but they axe Terminator: SCC. Seriously, I get more personality off of Cromartie than I get off of Agent Dunham.

What the hell does the fate of SCC have to do with Fringe anyway? SCC has a prime timeslot and its numbers are where they are. Why attack Fringe? How about Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader?

Argee
post #557 of 6444 Old 11-12-2008, 07:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argee View Post

What the hell does the fate of SCC have to do with Fringe anyway? SCC has a prime timeslot and its numbers are where they are. Why attack Fringe? How about Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader?

Because SCC is on the bubble (and is being moved to the Friday night deathslot) and Fringe will be given all the chances in the world to do well because it has JJ Abrams attached.

They are two shows of the same genre, likely costing about the same to make, and one is automatically going to get more consideration because of who developed it, no matter what the quality is. Bringing some cheap ass to produce reality TV show into the argument doesn't make sense.

If Fox was run in the early '90s like it is today, the X-Files would have never made it past season 2.
post #558 of 6444 Old 11-13-2008, 12:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 144
Humm ... so apparently, only female FBI/DHS agents have to strip to their skivies and go into the "Altered States" tank to talk to the dead ............ fascinating, Jim.
post #559 of 6444 Old 11-13-2008, 06:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I'm ok with that.

v/r,
C-F
post #560 of 6444 Old 11-13-2008, 06:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Liked: 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTVChallenged View Post

Humm ... so apparently, only female FBI/DHS agents have to strip to their skivies and go into the "Altered States" tank to talk to the dead ............ fascinating, Jim.

When she did it, he was still alive and she was communicating with him in his dream state.

post #561 of 6444 Old 11-13-2008, 07:41 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan View Post

Maybe some of this "medical science" will find it's way into a House episode, can you imagine a scene where House is "talking" to a dead person?

Maybe some medical science will find its way on to Fringe. This week we had a guy, with a cracked open chest and a Venus flytrap *feed me Seymour feed me around his heart and somehow he lives for days in a isolation enclosure with no professional medical attention in a forgot Harvard building . Stuff like that drives me crazy.

Except for that, it was a good episode.
post #562 of 6444 Old 11-13-2008, 08:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
I still love the show. Still love Walter. Still love the interaction with his son. Still don't care about Olivia.

I wasn't expecting the scene at the end.
post #563 of 6444 Old 11-13-2008, 11:57 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsra13 View Post

I wasn't expecting the scene at the end.

I was. Typcal JJ Abrams. After 4 seasons of Lost it's exactly the type of thing he would do. Nothing he does surprises me anymore.

XBOX Live: Wagmman
PSN: Wagg
BFBC2: Wagman
Steam: Wag

My Second Life character looks and acts exactly like me except he can fly.
post #564 of 6444 Old 11-13-2008, 12:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooddog View Post

Maybe some medical science will find its way on to Fringe. This week we had a guy, with a cracked open chest and a Venus flytrap *feed me Seymour feed me” around his heart and somehow he lives for days in a isolation enclosure with no professional medical attention in a forgot Harvard building . Stuff like that drives me crazy.

Except for that, it was a good episode.

LOL. Everytime Walter says something to the effect of "I have to get this guy out of this nice clean professional hospital/quarantine room and back to my filthy lab with a dirty dirty cow in it" I roll my eyes.

I also roll my eyes every week when Walter says something like "Well, I have seen something like this/worked on something like this/been approached about something like this". Apparently every experiment in the history of fringe science either involved him or was run by him at one point.
post #565 of 6444 Old 11-13-2008, 12:58 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi View Post

I was. Typcal JJ Abrams. After 4 seasons of Lost it's exactly the type of thing he would do. Nothing he does surprises me anymore.

I was expecting one of them to be secretly involved but I didn't expect it to be such a dumb plan.

The other thing which was surprising was that they allowed the wife into Walter's secret lab and let her stay there while he was communicating with the dead about The Pattern.

post #566 of 6444 Old 11-13-2008, 01:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I was expecting one of them to be secretly involved but I didn't expect it to be such a dumb plan.

Yeah, it seemed like a rather round about way to get that bit of info, just a tad risky too what with just hoping that everything works out right and they manage to save your life.
post #567 of 6444 Old 11-13-2008, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bull3964 View Post

Yeah, it seemed like a rather round about way to get that bit of info, just a tad risky too what with just hoping that everything works out right and they manage to save your life.

I think they're trying to demonstrate that the people behind "The Pattern" are so committed to their cause that they would willingly and without question sacrifice their lives for their cause, whatever it is. There was even a comment made during the episode, from the prisoner in Berlin to Olivia, about the level of commitment of his guys, wasn't there (erased it already or I'd go back and check)...? The point being that it makes for a more formidable and frightening opponent if their cause means more to them than their lives. How do you fight somebody like that? Obviously, there are parallels to the real world here.
post #568 of 6444 Old 11-13-2008, 02:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Yeah, but the method was still dumb. Surely there was a better way to come across those two words than what he went through. A long string of coincidences had to line up just right for them to find that info. Going beyond the whole "would risk their life" thing, it seemed like a very unreliable way to get their goal.

Hell, Walter could have went all starry eyed over the creature and mistakenly killed the guy studying it. That would have ended things right there.
post #569 of 6444 Old 11-13-2008, 02:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 33
Another show that my wife likes, but I'm ready to switch after last night's ep. I saw signs that this show might be turning around, but I begin to doubt.

I caught one ep of the Mentalist. Looks like it could get very formulaic. Is it worth watching?

I don't lurk as much as I used to and I NEVER listen. Comes from being old and cynical.

post #570 of 6444 Old 11-13-2008, 02:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

When she did it, he was still alive and she was communicating with him in his dream state.

... And your point is .... ???
Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page