post #631 of 6444 Old 11-26-2008, 09:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch G View Post

lol. (I really don't understand why/how she got the part.)

And, I thought yesterday's episode was kinda lame. If the frog and butterfly themes are only related to poisonous toad-induced hallucinations, then I'm definitely disappointed. I would expect something a bit more mysterious/surreal.

Mitch

They should take the lead male from Eleventh Hour and do a crossover with the chick from Fringe. They could make the plot about how some Evil Co. is stealing people's personalities.

I also don't think they actually explained how they got poisoned or who did it, right? I mean, the guy was fine giving his presentation, then freaked out after everyone left. Same with the guy in the hospital....did I miss how he got poisoned?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 6444 Old 11-26-2008, 10:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStever View Post

Anyone else catch the "Oceanic Air" airline tickets?

Yep ... but missed Waldo again ... must start DVR'ing
post #633 of 6444 Old 11-26-2008, 10:39 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDD View Post

...I guess they want to rob banks?

From the previews for next week, you seem to be right on the money.

I love this show.
post #634 of 6444 Old 11-26-2008, 10:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatfield View Post

I love this show.

Hey, I didn't even make that connection. Glad they're following up on it.
post #635 of 6444 Old 11-26-2008, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mproper View Post

Later in the bedroom, her computer turns on and she gets another email from dead-boyfriend guy that says "I saw you in the restaurant" referring to the memory sequence where she thought he saw her, but Walter said was impossible.

It has yet to be revealed if these are hallucinations, or if he can somehow magically turn on her computer. It is also unknown if the emails are real, or if she is just too stupid to print them off or save them to show to other people or use some kind of IP tracing....

I'm thinking some sort of astral projection. We now know(from last night's preview of next week) that John Scott's body is sitting at Massive Dynamics with wires sticking out of his head. I have a feeling he is projecting himself to Olivia occasionally...and maybe to places like the hospital in last night's episode to kill potential witnesses to Massive Dynamics' misdeeds. Or maybe it was just a hallucination.

Anyway. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astral_projection

NetworkTV seems to agree with me...kind of...
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetworkTV View Post

Of course, psychokinetics or astral projection will have to be on the list at some point. For a good showing of that, I would suggest the episode of the 2000 series "The Others" entitled "Unnamed". Also, check out The X-Files episodes "Born Again", "The Calusari" "Pusher" and "Invocation". The "Scary Monsters" episode, while not as well done, probably would pull off what this show needs better than they actually will....

post #636 of 6444 Old 11-26-2008, 10:57 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 365 Post(s)
Liked: 413
Quote:

They should take the lead male from Eleventh Hour and do a crossover with the chick from Fringe. They could make the plot about how some Evil Co. is stealing people's personalities.

I also don't think they actually explained how they got poisoned or who did it, right? I mean, the guy was fine giving his presentation, then freaked out after everyone left. Same with the guy in the hospital....did I miss how he got poisoned?

Didn't presentation guy have a cup of coffee handed to him by an assistant prior to the meeting?

And hospital guy had a nurse inject something in his IV just before Olivia showed up to talk to him.
post #637 of 6444 Old 11-26-2008, 11:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan View Post

Didn't presentation guy have a cup of coffee handed to him by an assistant prior to the meeting?

And hospital guy had a nurse inject something in his IV just before Olivia showed up to talk to him.

Maybe. I probably just didn't catch it, and was too lazy to go back and look.
post #638 of 6444 Old 11-26-2008, 11:43 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

Maybe. I probably just didn't catch it, and was too lazy to go back and look.

I didn't check on presentation guy either so I'm not positive, but hospital guy was so obvious I'm certain about that one. Soon as I saw what the nurse was doing, I knew he was a red-shirt for sure.
post #639 of 6444 Old 11-26-2008, 11:56 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 494
I missed Fringe altogether last night because, by the time it started, 2 other shows with higher Season Pass priorities on my TiVo had already started to record. Thus, the TiVo left me a courteous message that it didn't record Fringe last night, despite a Season Pass. Fortunately, Fox has full episodes available on line the next day, so I saw it that way earlier today. It was really all right. Fox's video client allows for full screen HD viewing so the experience was entirely satisfactory.

As usual, I enjoyed last night's episode. Walter was a hoot again and I thought the writers did a good job of explaining what is causing Olivia's hallucinations, or whatever, about her dead lover. I was also interested to learn a bit more about whatever it is that Peter Bishop is running from. All I can say is, keep up the good work!
post #640 of 6444 Old 11-26-2008, 03:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
I'll keep it short. I like this show but I think last nights episode was the worst so far. The sensory deprevation tank was cool though.
post #641 of 6444 Old 11-26-2008, 03:24 PM
AVS Special Member

You know, I actually tried to give this show a chance, but I can't rap my head around some of the science behind some of these stories.

I may give it another go later on, based on the reviews of each episode by the fans on here.
post #642 of 6444 Old 11-26-2008, 04:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Like so many of the shows these days that play fast and loose with science, physics, etc., it is best to just check your sense of reason/logic at the door. Apparently the writers do.

That said, I watch the show every week and generally have a pretty good time.
post #643 of 6444 Old 11-26-2008, 05:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by petergaryr View Post

Like so many of the shows these days that play fast and loose with science, physics, etc., it is best to just check your sense of reason/logic at the door. Apparently the writers do.

That said, I watch the show every week and generally have a pretty good time.

I generally love shows that allow me to check my brain at the door. But for some reason, this show goes over the top sometimes for me. I think in one episode they tried to get the last image of what a victim saw when he/she got murdered by plugging into the optic nerves of the deceased.
post #644 of 6444 Old 11-26-2008, 06:35 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 539 Post(s)
Liked: 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

I missed Fringe altogether last night because, by the time it started, 2 other shows with higher Season Pass priorities on my TiVo had already started to record. Thus, the TiVo left me a courteous message that it didn't record Fringe last night, despite a Season Pass. Fortunately, Fox has full episodes available on line the next day, so I saw it that way earlier today. It was really all right. Fox's video client allows for full screen HD viewing so the experience was entirely satisfactory.

Exactly the same thing happened to me, but I noticed it before it was too late. When I noticed, Fringe was still on and the things at 10PM that it overlapped hadn't begun and my TiVo was still on Fox from recording House, so I only missed the first 8 minutes, 30 seconds or so. I watched the beginning on Hulu today and the conclusion on TiVo. (Hulu sucked big time in comparison, though I viewed it with a computer connected to the same 46" LCD panel--I'd have been somewhat miffed if I'd had to watch the whole thing that way).

On top of that, my TiVo apparently froze up at quarter of 3 in the afternoon and I didn't notice and reboot it until 8:30, when House and NCIS were half over. I watched the first half of NCIS on Netflix today (streamed through my Xbox ) and the conclusion on TiVo, but House isn't available on Hulu until 8 days after it airs ; I'm wondering whether it'll show up for purchase on the XBL Video Store, Zune Store or Unbox before then (EDIT: It's up on Unbox, but the others only have up to last week's as yet--a shame, since I have points to spend at the MS stores). It's nice to have a growing set of options to catch missed programs online.

I do enjoy Fringe though. Torv's acting job, though not outstanding, doesn't bother me and she's kind of the "straight man" for everyone else anyway. The "science" is preposterous, but I expected that from the beginning. It's still fun, if you just accept it.

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
" -- hookbill
post #645 of 6444 Old 11-26-2008, 11:11 PM
AVS Special Member

I'm still loving the show. Pretty entertaining. Walter and Peter are just great. Olivia is bad but I'm getting used to her so I don't care too much.
post #646 of 6444 Old 11-27-2008, 06:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Anybody notice the watcher in this episode? I did not see him but I usually do not focus on the background in scenes.

Argee
post #647 of 6444 Old 11-27-2008, 10:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 134
^^^ Probably somewhere in the chaos outside of MD, post fall, but I didn't see him and I don't DVR this show.
post #648 of 6444 Old 11-27-2008, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argee View Post

Anybody notice the watcher in this episode? I did not see him but I usually do not focus on the background in scenes.

He was at the very beginning of the episode. He was at the end of the hallway standing all by himself against a wall while the guy going to the board meeting was getting off the elevator. He was very obvious to me in this episode, for once.
post #649 of 6444 Old 11-28-2008, 09:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Possible theory:
Jon Scott's Wired Body at MassiveDyn is somehow hooked into a computer, which is keeping his brainwaves somewhat "alive" within the computer.
He can occasionally get into that "system" to send the emails.
It's not yet clear how he can be in her head or visions, other than as memories (but the "I saw you in the resteurant email" implies he IS with her ..),

[I]...Unless Prof. PervMan can explain sort of like this, ... "You see, John Scott's brainwaves, by being in the MassiveDynamics computer, has occasional access to, & is able to overlay, the frequency transmissions of cellphone panels with the precise resonant signal of Agent Torv's Brain, which he had access to during the mind meld, thus allowing her to momentarily see or even interact with him, anywhere she is within cellphone signal range.... Can you get me a frozen Hershy bar now?" [/i]
post #650 of 6444 Old 11-29-2008, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linux23 View Post

I generally love shows that allow me to check my brain at the door. But for some reason, this show goes over the top sometimes for me. I think in one episode they tried to get the last image of what a victim saw when he/she got murdered by plugging into the optic nerves of the deceased.

Considering the list "science" topics at the beginning of the show I'm not sure how you can't expect it to all be popcorn type science experiments. Actually, the bridge picture they got from the optic nerve seemed more reasonable to me than some of the other stuff they do.
post #651 of 6444 Old 12-01-2008, 08:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 145
I split up at the "uh-oh....erection" line...

Genius, pure genius and timing

I Geez Zeus Me

My life is richer for not knowing what goes on on reality television
post #652 of 6444 Old 12-02-2008, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatfield View Post

I love this show.

Yahtzee.
post #653 of 6444 Old 12-02-2008, 06:22 PM

Liked: 12
Top 10 Rejected Walter Lines:

#10: "This transducer... it is, I presume, some sort of audio-vibrato-physio-molecular transport device?"

#9: "I saw something like this when I served aboard the U.S.S. Eldridge."
post #654 of 6444 Old 12-02-2008, 09:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Great episode...didn't know it was the last one of 2008...good setup for the rest of the season...

Josh
PSN: lax01
post #655 of 6444 Old 12-02-2008, 09:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by lax01 View Post

Great episode...didn't know it was the last one of 2008...good setup for the rest of the season...

Yep, it was good. I'm finally about to get hooked. I can't believe I didn't recognize Dr. Jones the last time he was on the show, the last time I saw him, he had contracted the T-Virus and was chomping on somebody's neck. Where's Alice when you need her. Maybe these guys work for the Umbrella Corporation.
post #656 of 6444 Old 12-02-2008, 10:28 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Without giving it away to those who haven't seen the episode yet, it is interesting when Walter intends on inventing one thing and he comes up with something completely different.

So is every single amazing thing they're finding has Walter had a hand in? It certainly seems that way so far.

XBOX Live: Wagmman
PSN: Wagg
BFBC2: Wagman
Steam: Wag

My Second Life character looks and acts exactly like me except he can fly.
post #657 of 6444 Old 12-03-2008, 12:20 AM
AVS Club Gold

Olivia seemed to have much more life in her character this episode, not a lot, but certainly more than previously, maybe the writers finally caught on to the fact that her character was coming across as extremely dull.
post #658 of 6444 Old 12-03-2008, 06:50 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 14
The numbers of 'Lost' have found a new show.
post #659 of 6444 Old 12-03-2008, 11:24 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi View Post

Without giving it away to those who haven't seen the episode yet, it is interesting when Walter intends on inventing one thing and he comes up with something completely different.

So is every single amazing thing they're finding has Walter had a hand in? It certainly seems that way so far.

Seems like it....just an improved version of Walter's past experiments.

cheezz

After having witnessed the mugging of a snail by a fellow snail, the investigating officer asked the DMP-BD30 what happened to which the BD player replied "I don't remember...it happened so fast."
post #660 of 6444 Old 12-03-2008, 11:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Shaffer View Post

Top 10 Rejected Walter Lines:

#10: "This transducer... it is, I presume, some sort of audio-vibrato-physio-molecular transport device?"

#9: "I saw something like this when I served aboard the U.S.S. Eldridge."

walter is right up there as one of the more memorable characters in the current season of shows...besides Brooke Burke...

He's the man!

I Geez Zeus Me

My life is richer for not knowing what goes on on reality television
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page