AVS Forum banner

"Fringe" on Fox HD

462K views 6K replies 422 participants last post by  tonycsmoke 
#1 ·
Can't wait for this. Probably similar to "Lost". Storylines can get screwy sometimes

See less See more
#2 ·
I work for FOX...Seen several episodes...not that good.

#6 ·
Saw the female lead on either Letterman or Ferguson. Did anyone ever explain to J.J. that you have to save at least part of the budget to hire a good looking dame. This chick, at least on videotape, makes Gillian Anderson look like a sex goddess in comparison, and that's no easy trick to pull off.

Palladin

Chance favors the prepared mind

#9 ·
Isn't this series supposed to be new?

#10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleAl /forum/post/14593927

Anna Torv is fine, in that Gwenyth Paltrow, Poppy Montgomery kind of way. Granted, she's no Sarah Palin

So are you saying that Torv doesn't know how to kick ass and take names?

Oh Please! Based upon what I saw on Late night TV, Torv has about as much presence as a glass of skim milk. OTOH, Gwneth Paltrow can be smart-sexy by just reciting the dictionary.

Palladin

#12 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy /forum/post/14595293

And don't be talking' no smack about my gal Gillian Anderson. She's purdy.

Yeah, in a monotonic, wooden sort of way, I guess she is.
Just as I suspected, you're hanging out with The Lone Gunmen again, aren't you?

BTW, don't know whether its true or not, but I read an article in Variety recently indicating that JJ had Paul Winchell exhumed so he could be Torv's dialogue coach.

Palladin

#13 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palladin /forum/post/14595446

Yeah, in a monotonic, wooden sort of way, I guess she is.

Just like the Mona Lisa. She's purdy too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palladin /forum/post/0

Just as I suspected, you're hanging out with The Lone Gunmen again, aren't you?

Now that was a great show; loved those guys. Wonder if they had a cameo in the new X-Files flick?

#15 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby94928 /forum/post/14595598

And which one will she play, Jerry Mahoney or Knucklehead Smiff???????

Does it matter? Either way, they'll be reinterpreting the definition of a 'lap dance'.

Always grateful to see that this website has not been overrun by Gen-Xers!

Palladin

#16 ·
Count me among those who haven't already seen the pilot, and am looking forward to watching. I'm not doubting the rampant negativity I've seen on the web, but I do plan on watching and forming my on opinion on the show. Hey, if it's bad, than that's just one less show to bother with, but until I actually see it, I'm gonna trust JJ over the naysayers.

#17 ·
The problem is there have been multiple Pilot leaks that various naysayers have complained about. The preview I watched wasn't that bad although I was left a bit confused by the end with the development of the characters. I'll give this at least a few episodes and see how it goes. With the limited amount of new shows coming out this fall that peak my interest Its going to be a tough sell as this years new shows look like crap to me. Knight Rider has been ruined from what I saw with the movie aired a few months back, Life on Mars lost a bit of its vibe from the UK version and hopefully when Dollhouse airs Fox doesn't screw that one up too.

#21 ·
Hey, what's with the dig against Gillian Anderson?!
She was a hot little 5'2" firecracker in her peak Dana Scully years.

I have definitely been intrigued about this new show for its supernatural phenomenon/X-files-like hook. I don't think it is out of the realm of impossibility for the female lead to get much hotter later on, once they get her looks dialed-in. I remember Dana Scully was rather homely looking when she first appeared, as well...

#22 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwien /forum/post/14599254

Worst case of this was with Firefly. I LOVED that show.

Ahhh, Firefly was just okay and had a weirdo premise to begin with.

What was really scandalous was the way they blindsided a high concept quality entry like 'DRIVE', which was on the fast track to an Emmy until its ticket got prematurely pulled and was replaced with one of those stupid franchise-type shows' What the hell was Murdoch thinking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hanky /forum/post/14600083

Hey, what's with the dig against Gillian Anderson?!
She was a hot little 5'2" firecracker in her peak Dana Scully years.

Hmm, I thought Gillian was hot because of her cool veneer, but based on your description, I get the impression that your main criterion was how well she could be braced against a wall.

Quote:
[I remember Dana Scully was rather homely looking when she first appeared, as well...

I rest my case as stated above...

Palladin

#25 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYY860 /forum/post/14600778

People bashed this from the beginning. I thought it was fairly good. I wont watch the Pilot, well because I already saw it. Ill watch a few episodes and see how it goes. If it gets too far fetched I might not watch it, but im optimistic about the show.

Yup. Lots of shows start off slow and then get better as the season progresses.

#26 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palladin /forum/post/0

This chick, at least on videotape, makes Gillian Anderson look like a sex goddess in comparison, and that's no easy trick to pull off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hanky /forum/post/0

I remember Dana Scully was rather homely looking when she first appeared, as well...
Quote:
Originally Posted by vfxproducer /forum/post/14602031

Also at the end of the series, and the episodes in between.
I find this shocking, just shocking. That perfect skin, perfect bone structure, cute-as-a-button figure seductively hidden behind those perfectly tailored power suits - and this is what clinched it for me - that glorious mane of perfectly coiffed straight red hair, nary a strand out of place even as she was being spun into a giant cocoon or being violated by invasive alien probes. Oooh-la-la! No, my friends; a thousand times no. Dana Scully was a thinking man's sex symbol, no matter what head you may have been thinking with.

Hmmmm, in light of recent events, wonder if DD ever hit on that?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.