The Mentalist on CBS HD - Page 10 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #271 of 695 Old 02-25-2012, 09:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 59
I don't watch as close as I used to but was anyone else surprised by Stiles knowing Patrick didn't really kill Red John or Patrick "tricked" Red John into killing that other guy? I thought almost no one but the audience knew both those things.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 695 Old 02-26-2012, 12:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by David James View Post

I don't watch as close as I used to but was anyone else surprised by Stiles knowing Patrick didn't really kill Red John or Patrick "tricked" Red John into killing that other guy? I thought almost no one but the audience knew both those things.

Many of us suspect that cult leader Stiles is Red John or is very connected to Red John.
post #273 of 695 Old 02-27-2012, 08:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Maybe they could be buddies or close.. they both have the power to brainwash people..

Stiles has many brainwashed people following him while Red John only a few...

Robert Picardo is surely in CBS shows quite a bit, he was recently on Body of Proof, he ceritainly said hello to Jeri Ryan.. hehe..

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
post #274 of 695 Old 02-27-2012, 12:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentalist5.1 View Post

And they're shedding viewers. I find myself barely paying attention and watching out of habit. I wish they'd get back to the season 1 and 2 stuff that had me watching nearly the entire season in 1 sitting.

According to ZAP2IT, The Mentalist is rated 12 in primetime programs as of Feb 19th. If you are right and they are shedding viewers, it sure isn't showing in the numbers. Their overall audience has been quite stable.

Luke

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.-JOA
post #275 of 695 Old 02-27-2012, 07:42 PM
AVS Special Member

I still enjoy the show. It's still fun to watch Jane do his thing, Cho is great. The stories are good enough, so with those 3 elements, I'm still watching.
post #276 of 695 Old 03-01-2012, 02:14 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoon View Post

Many of us suspect that cult leader Stiles is Red John or is very connected to Red John.

I was convinced that Stiles as Red John was the only explanation that made sense. After all, his followers will do anything for him, including die.

However, now I think it's become too obvious. I think Stiles was intended to be Red John, but now it will turn out to be another senior member of the cult. I think that is why they introduced the Board of Directors (or whatever it's called) of senior members. Robert Picardo sure seems like a good bet.

The finale will lead everyone to believe that Stiles is Red John, then RJ will kill Stiles or Jane and Stiles will work a scam to expose RJ. Fade to black.
post #277 of 695 Old 03-01-2012, 12:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Well if Stiles is Red John, which I think is likely, he seems to be working on making Van Pelt his next CBI mole, and considering who his last one was, that's saying a lot about his confidence!

So, he owes Patrick one now. I wonder how he'll collect?

I also wonder who owns that building that they are using as their outdoor Visualize set? Do they like their nice building being used as a prop for an (evil?) brainwashing cult?

Is there any chance that the person Stiles was being accused of killing in this episode survived, and HE is Red John? Suposedly, HE started Visualize, and Stiles took over after his death. Isuppose not, if they found the body. It was a car accident.

Luke

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.-JOA
post #278 of 695 Old 03-02-2012, 07:38 AM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Church AV Guy View Post

Is there any chance that the person Stiles was being accused of killing in this episode survived, and HE is Red John? Suposedly, HE started Visualize, and Stiles took over after his death. Isuppose not, if they found the body. It was a car accident.

I don't recall. Did they say how his body was ID'd? Depending on the timing, they might be playing with RJ staging his own death.
post #279 of 695 Old 05-18-2012, 07:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Wow what a finale...

I kinda knew the girl was to no good, I mean you just told her that you are a con man, criminal and even that you killed somebody, she gets you out of jail and sleeps with you?

Not only that but she was smokin' hot.

I still want to know who's the FBI/CBI mole, isn't the FBI director lady?

post #280 of 695 Old 05-18-2012, 08:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post

Wow what a finale...

I kinda knew the girl was to no good, I mean you just told her that you are a con man, criminal and even that you killed somebody, she gets you out of jail and sleeps with you?

Not only that but she was smokin' hot.

I still want to know who's the FBI/CBI mole, isn't the FBI director lady?

Yeah, I enjoyed the first ~20 minutes a lot. After that it was a more traditional Mentalist episode. Did anyone actually think RJ was in the limo? I figured no way.

I wonder about the FBI lady myself. Why was she so concerned about Rigsby's body? Maybe she knew Jane was "meeting" with RJ and was sniffing around looking for clues Jane had contacted CBI.

Then there is that new young boss guy. Quite a coincidence he wants to bring Jane back after Jane and Teresa met and Jane said no one should know .
post #281 of 695 Old 05-18-2012, 09:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Yeah maybe he knew Theresa met Jane, that's why he was asking her.. Theresa held her ground well...

Could both the CBI director and the FBI lady be RJs minions?

Man this guy is powerful, how he manages to have people do stuff for him like nothing.. very "Stiles" style, I'm still thinking it's him, the voice could easily be disguised, specially thru a walkie-talike/cell call

post #282 of 695 Old 05-18-2012, 09:09 AM
AVS Special Member

I had to do some serious suspension of reality when the entire CBI crew met Jane in Las Vegas. First that they would all just disappear from Sacramento without anyone noticing. Then, you'd think the all powerful and knowing RJ would be watching Jane closely prior to their meeting.
post #283 of 695 Old 05-18-2012, 09:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Excellent episode with lots of unanswered questions.
post #284 of 695 Old 05-18-2012, 10:04 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Awesome!

+1

"I shall not commit the fashionable stupidity of regarding everything I cannot explain as a fraud." - C.G.Jung

post #285 of 695 Old 05-18-2012, 11:20 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 10
It's going to take me a couple of days to decide how I felt about that. But I did like a couple of things very much, mostly the Jane/Lisbon scenes. I feel like last year's finale was also very good but then the first couple episodes of this season were a disappointment. Hoping that isn't the case come September.
post #286 of 695 Old 05-18-2012, 12:36 PM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 16
I'm not going to go on a ten post rant like I did last year, but while I liked the episode, sometimes it is too hard to suspend belief. For example, did anybody really, really believe Red John was in that car? The FBI arrests all the CBI agents because they "are not in the office"? I did like the "snip off two of his fingers; you choose which ones".

I agree it is time to move on from RED JOHN.

Mikey Mo
"Survived Charley, Frances & Ivan. But Jeanne got me."
Anxiously Awaiting 2014 Hurricane Season.
"OAR OR DIE"
They killed the SACD. Bring it back.

post #287 of 695 Old 05-18-2012, 12:41 PM
AVS Special Member

But after everything that happened, I hope the whole season 5 is hunting Red John down.. I don't think they got the writing material for that.. or think Dexter style, one big baddie the whole season culminating in capture/kill or big arse surprise.

post #288 of 695 Old 05-19-2012, 07:28 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 10
Writing would be the biggest problem if they attempted that, and also a lack of competent actors. Viewers would give up before they found a way to make it work.
post #289 of 695 Old 05-19-2012, 07:33 PM
Thread Ender

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Ok, we just watched this tonight. Neither my wife nor I could identify the dead guy in the limo. Should we have?

Don't ever make the MISTAKE of buying a Samsung TV..
They consider THIS
normal on a two month old set..
post #290 of 695 Old 05-19-2012, 09:53 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by WS65711 View Post

Ok, we just watched this tonight. Neither my wife nor I could identify the dead guy in the limo. Should we have?

While I didn't go back and check, my initial impression was that it was the latest head of CBI? Don't remember his name.
post #291 of 695 Old 05-19-2012, 10:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan View Post

While I didn't go back and check, my initial impression was that it was the latest head of CBI? Don't remember his name.

My wife and I immediately identified the body as that of the inconsequential CBI director, and good move by the producers. That character/actor was drag on the show. Now, if only they would kill off Lisben and get some chemistry from Jane's counter point. What a dud that actress is.

"Without music, life would be a mistake." - Friedrich Nietzsche
post #292 of 695 Old 05-20-2012, 01:04 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distorted View Post

My wife and I immediately identified the body as that of the inconsequential CBI director, and good move by the producers. That character/actor was drag on the show. Now, if only they would kill off Lisben and get some chemistry from Jane's counter point. What a dud that actress is.

I agree that the Lisben actress is only adequate as are most of the other recurring players. Jane is excellent while Cho is great. But no big deal for me.

Mikey Mo
"OAR OR DIE"

post #293 of 695 Old 05-21-2012, 09:45 AM
RJO

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Time to move on from Red John. Hard to understand how so many intelligent people will do anything for RJ including giving up their lives so he can play games with Patrick Jane. I have grown tired of that plot line.
post #294 of 695 Old 05-21-2012, 11:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Well it's gonna be 2-3 episodes trying to get information from the girl, then she'll later suicide or get killed by the CBI mole, or even RJ himself.

post #295 of 695 Old 05-22-2012, 10:40 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by WS65711 View Post

We had DVR'd it and had to match shirt and tie to be certain.
post #296 of 695 Old 05-22-2012, 10:43 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJO View Post

Time to move on from Red John. Hard to understand how so many intelligent people will do anything for RJ including giving up their lives so he can play games with Patrick Jane. I have grown tired of that plot line.

Actually have to agree with this. The relentless loyalty of RJ followers has grown a bit old with me. Now we have an FBI mole to weed out as well as waiting for the follower in the clink to get hit. Most irritating is that we waited all year for this arc to come back and got very little pay off.
post #297 of 695 Old 05-22-2012, 07:00 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybobg View Post

Actually have to agree with this. The relentless loyalty of RJ followers has grown a bit old with me. Now we have an FBI mole to weed out as well as waiting for the follower in the clink to get hit. Most irritating is that we waited all year for this arc to come back and got very little pay off.

Your post is "spot on". The girl will die somehow.

Mikey Mo
"OAR OR DIE"

post #298 of 695 Old 05-22-2012, 07:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 168
My theory: God and the Devil had a baby and named it Red John.

I'd give up everything just to follow him right this second, the dudes mad powerful & charismatic. I just KNOW he could bring my life untold joy and true meaning.

I'd be very disappointed if it's the cult leader guy that some have surmised (Malcolm McDowell -sp?). With all the build-up of the seeming omnipotence of Red John, while I guess it would make sense on some level, it wouldn't be very satisfying for me. I suppose no one could be at this point. Way to go Mentalist showrunners, you've nearly guaranteed an inevitably disappointing series wrap-up to come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybobg View Post

We had DVR'd it and had to match shirt and tie to be certain.

Very surprised some here were left unsure about this. It was obviously the young CBI director.

PS: I like the Lisben character and by extension, the actress who plays her. Very much. Perhaps I would feel differently had I another version with which to compare..

Mourning the disappearance of the -ly suffix. Words being cut-off before they've had a chance to fully form, left incomplete, with their shoelaces untied and their zippers undone. If I quote your post (or post in your thread) without comment, please check your zipper.
post #299 of 695 Old 05-22-2012, 07:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey mo View Post

Your post is "spot on". The girl will die somehow.

In spiritual ecstasy, no doubt.

Mourning the disappearance of the -ly suffix. Words being cut-off before they've had a chance to fully form, left incomplete, with their shoelaces untied and their zippers undone. If I quote your post (or post in your thread) without comment, please check your zipper.
post #300 of 695 Old 05-22-2012, 10:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
I thought the episode was disappointing. Jane did all that planning for what? To not have a clue what he would do at the end? Did he really think RJ would just come out and meet him? You'd think with the extremes Jane went to he'd have a more thought out plan.
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page