post #361 of 695 Old 02-01-2013, 09:16 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post

IDK one of Red John's minions almost marries Van Pelt and also almost kills her... why on Earth will she follow him at all?

+1 Then again, she may be trying to infiltrate the cult as a revenge tactic of her own. I for one would like to see that, especially if she is doing it rogue. It would be really cool if Patrick gets cornered at some point and a vengeful Grace shows up and goes Raylan Givens on them all. Just sayin'. biggrin.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 695 Old 02-01-2013, 01:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 25
The " Farm Boy" that drew the red John face on the barn in the '80's could simply be a very early follower of Red John ..
Stiles or Cooper are currently the most likley suspects, & the agent trying to hire away Jane's boss could possibly be the "boy", & if so just another follower, not RJ himself ...
Whoever they decide Red John eventually is, they better explain how he has such hypnotic like control & power over all these otherwise various rational type people & high ups holding jobs ... FBI Agents, the guy Jane shot, the chick in jail, ect ....
And what secret is in the Fat guy's safe??
post #363 of 695 Old 02-01-2013, 01:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 87
I think that the smiley face from RJ is like a signature and can't faked it so I believe it was RJ who painted it on the barn after maybe his first kills..

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
post #364 of 695 Old 02-02-2013, 05:55 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 117
Quote:
Aside from Amanda Righetti being hot and nice to look at, her character really doesn't add much to the show.
I wish they never split her and Rigsby up. That worked and brought her to the foreground. Her character has been put on a back burner even before she was noticeably pregnant.

Abundant OTA television is what makes this country different from all others. Lets keep it this way.
The Internet is no place for streaming video.
post #365 of 695 Old 02-17-2013, 08:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 53
'That's how they catch a raccoon, you know that?' LOL best line in the whole show. I've missed Jane. Seems like the show hasn't been on in forever.
post #366 of 695 Old 03-11-2013, 04:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Well, I certainly saw the end of last night's show coming. I guess it couldn't have ended any other way, but this Red John BS is really getting tedious. Why would people "rather" be killed than give up his identity then wind up having him kill them?
post #367 of 695 Old 03-11-2013, 09:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Yeah, I'm fed up with Red john. At this point I really don't care and basically FF through Red john episodes. This show isn't well written enough to sustain the cat and mouse all these years, do the reveal and move on or end the show. Some shows get stronger as they age, this is not one of them.
post #368 of 695 Old 03-11-2013, 09:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt L View Post

Yeah, I'm fed up with Red john. At this point I really don't care and basically FF through Red john episodes. This show isn't well written enough to sustain the cat and mouse all these years, do the reveal and move on or end the show. Some shows get stronger as they age, this is not one of them.

I'd have to agree with that sentiment, I really liked the show when Cho and the whole crew were more involved, nowadays it seems no one is involved, at least I can't get involved, I just caught on to the show this summer and TNT was perfect, but this season has been a real drag and all the wit and charm of the show seems to have gone away completely.
post #369 of 695 Old 03-11-2013, 10:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebkell View Post

I'd have to agree with that sentiment, I really liked the show when Cho and the whole crew were more involved, nowadays it seems no one is involved, at least I can't get involved, I just caught on to the show this summer and TNT was perfect, but this season has been a real drag and all the wit and charm of the show seems to have gone away completely.
Especially now that Emmanuelle Chriqui's character is dead... hot, hot, hot (and did I mention HOT)!!!
post #370 of 695 Old 03-11-2013, 04:10 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Totally agree. They have never shown how RJ recruits, why someone would be sacrificial for him or why RJ allows Patrick to keep pursuit. Please, please oh please bring this arc to an end.
post #371 of 695 Old 03-11-2013, 05:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 48
My suggestion for the story runner would be to have Red John kill Lisbon and Jane then finish him off. Two drags on the show put to rest in one show. Then promote Cho into Lisbon's job and convince Jane to carry on solving crimes.
billybobg likes this.

"Without music, life would be a mistake." - Friedrich Nietzsche
post #372 of 695 Old 03-12-2013, 07:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 51
What would you all think of this scenario?

Jane is in fact Red John. Only problem is it's some type of split personality and he doesn't know it.

Of course that would mean the end of this show, but I've always believed they were saving the reveal for when they knew the show was going to end anyway.
post #373 of 695 Old 03-12-2013, 07:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Imp View Post

Jane is in fact Red John. Only problem is it's some type of split personality and he doesn't know it.

Of course that would mean the end of this show, but I've always believed they were saving the reveal for when they knew the show was going to end anyway.
How did he shake hands with himself?
post #374 of 695 Old 03-12-2013, 07:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerJim View Post

When he was prying that he wasn't really RJ? wink.gif

Bobby 

post #375 of 695 Old 03-12-2013, 08:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:

Quote:

It wouldn't surprise me if RJ has a bunch of followers that pretend to be him. Bradley Whitford's character quickly comes to mind.

RJ could have a different people impersonating him to throw others off his trail. Thus why Lorelei would think that RJ is someone else and would have seen Jane shaking hands with this imposter.

I know, it's a long shot, but it would be a hell of a twist.
post #376 of 695 Old 03-12-2013, 09:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

It wouldn't surprise me if RJ has a bunch of followers that pretend to be him. Bradley Whitford's character quickly comes to mind.

RJ could have a different people impersonating him to throw others off his trail. Thus why Lorelei would think that RJ is someone else and would have seen Jane shaking hands with this imposter.

Well, if Jane is Red John that would almost certainly pi** off a lot of Mentalist fans (me included) for having invested so much time in this series over the years.
post #377 of 695 Old 03-12-2013, 11:00 AM
Advanced Member

They had a scene in an episode (someone will fill in the blanks here) where RJ dressed in rain gear appeared with Jane tied to a chair. Unless we're talking a Fight Club type scenario, I don't see it happening. It was, IMO, one of the best episodes and sub arcs for the series.
post #378 of 695 Old 03-12-2013, 11:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:

Quote:

Well, if Jane is Red John that would almost certainly pi** off a lot of Mentalist fans (me included) for having invested so much time in this series over the years.

+1000!

If Jane is RJ, it would really upset a lot of the loyal show fans. They could make it virtually anybody else and it would be better than if they made it Jane. My money is still on the presumed dead original founder of Visualize, or maybe the current leader of that group. A distant third would be a member of the team, though none of them have shown the necessary charisma that RJ must have to instill such loyalty in his followers.

Luke

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.-JOA
post #379 of 695 Old 03-12-2013, 12:58 PM
AVS Special Member

i still have the same suspects:

- CBI director
- The homland security guy (well he's too young for RJ but could be a follower)
- Stiles
- Stiles second (Robert Picardo)
- The other poker players

post #380 of 695 Old 03-27-2013, 03:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Yay, it's been renewed for another season. Now we can drag out Red John even further. rolleyes.gif I do like the show, however.
post #381 of 695 Old 03-27-2013, 04:01 PM
Thread Ender

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:

... Now we can drag out Red John even further. rolleyes.gif

If they drag out the plot line much longer, we're gonna have to start calling it the Red Skeleton Show . . . biggrin.gif

Don't ever make the MISTAKE of buying a Samsung TV..
They consider THIS
normal on a two month old set..
post #382 of 695 Old 03-27-2013, 09:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 73
This is one sow I hoped would be canceled. I thought an early cancellation might induce them to wrap up this turgid mess with Red John once and for all.

There is no one compelling aspect to that portion of the plot, Once upon a time it was interesting but no more. I enjoy the show when it has zero to do with red john, that is the only reason I sort of watch.
post #383 of 695 Old 03-27-2013, 09:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

This is one sow I hoped would be canceled. I thought an early cancellation might induce them to wrap up this turgid mess with Red John once and for all.

There is no one compelling aspect to that portion of the plot, Once upon a time it was interesting but no more. I enjoy the show when it has zero to do with red john, that is the only reason I sort of watch.

I don't really care if they pursue Red John or not, the biggest problem to me is that they've practically forgotten the rest of the team, it's all Jane and Teresa, Cho was a great character and it was a lot better show when the whole crew was involved, it made Jane and Lisbon much more interesting characters too. Currently, the show is getting more boring by the week.
post #384 of 695 Old 03-28-2013, 06:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Should I scratch the Homeland guy from the list? he seems to be a RJ follower and not RJ himself, I just knew he was up to no good, maybe the clue that he's not RJ is that he asked the guy if he knew him and said no, unless RJ has followers that don't even know what he looks like.

post #385 of 695 Old 03-28-2013, 07:13 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 115
Or unless he changed his appearance.
post #386 of 695 Old 03-28-2013, 09:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Yeah, interesting point, it was a bit of a test "have I changed my face enough not to be recognized even by my own minionss? good!"

post #387 of 695 Old 03-28-2013, 10:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post

Should I scratch the Homeland guy from the list? he seems to be a RJ follower and not RJ himself, I just knew he was up to no good, maybe the clue that he's not RJ is that he asked the guy if he knew him and said no, unless RJ has followers that don't even know what he looks like.

I thought RJ always painted the face somewhere when he commits a murder. The Homeland Security did not do that, and isn't he too young to be RJ?

Luke

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.-JOA
post #388 of 695 Old 03-28-2013, 11:56 AM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Malcolm McDowell is Red John. Why does anyone think otherwise?
post #389 of 695 Old 03-28-2013, 12:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John dhein View Post

Malcolm McDowell is Red John. Why does anyone think otherwise?
He certainly is the leading candidate.
post #390 of 695 Old 03-28-2013, 12:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 25
How many episodes was it renewed for?

Also, there is a slight parralell to " The following" , where however, in that series the "Red John " character is known to us from the beginning ... Yet still has an almost unexplicable hold on lots of "followers" including Cops etc, & strings along his FBI Consultant "mentalist" ( Kevin Bacon) ... ...
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page