The Mentalist on CBS HD - Page 19 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #541 of 695 Old 11-19-2013, 07:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 51
All I know at this point is if they don't somehow explain how Red John knew the exact list of suspects, then I'm going to be pissed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 695 Old 11-19-2013, 08:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 84
The very first thing Lisbon should have done is gather everybody at the CBI office and check them ALL for the 3 dot tattoo, then continue on with the investigation.

I also think that Bertram is not RJ but a high ranked minion..

So who set the bomb in Jane's house? was it McAllister he's the only minion that died, perhaps he had the bomb on him.

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
post #543 of 695 Old 11-19-2013, 12:43 PM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post

The very first thing Lisbon should have done is gather everybody at the CBI office and check them ALL for the 3 dot tattoo, then continue on with the investigation.

I also think that Bertram is not RJ but a high ranked minion..

So who set the bomb in Jane's house? was it McAllister he's the only minion that died, perhaps he had the bomb on him.

No. 3 dots does NOT equal minion. 3 dots means Blake group. Not all minions are Blake and not all Blakes are minions.
post #544 of 695 Old 11-19-2013, 12:51 PM
Thread Ender

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by John dhein View Post

No. 3 dots does NOT equal minion. 3 dots means Blake group. Not all minions are Blake and not all Blakes are minions.

But still, anyone with three dots is not going to be very helpful in finding/capturing Bertram. They are all beholden to the "Group".

Don't ever make the MISTAKE of buying a Samsung TV..
They consider THIS
normal on a two month old set..
post #545 of 695 Old 11-19-2013, 01:40 PM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 68
My "answer" was more addressed to "the only minion that died" portion of the statement. .

And another thing, are any of you buying the foot being cleanly blown out of the sock and shoe?
post #546 of 695 Old 11-19-2013, 02:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Maybe the bomb was in the shoe or the ankle, or could have been UNDER THE COUCH? maybe RJ is PJ

post #547 of 695 Old 11-19-2013, 02:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by John dhein View Post

My "answer" was more addressed to "the only minion that died" portion of the statement. .

And another thing, are any of you buying the foot being cleanly blown out of the sock and shoe?
I noticed the "cleanly cut" bare foot and also wondered about the sock, shoe, and rest of the body. Also, didn't we see the flash of a shotgun blast before the bomb blast? Perhaps the bomb was set off by one of Bret Stiles' barefooted followers. smile.gif
post #548 of 695 Old 11-19-2013, 02:36 PM
AVS Special Member

I think Stiles was wearing sandals or something, that could explain the bare foot....
BoilerJim likes this.

post #549 of 695 Old 11-19-2013, 02:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Can someone place who Brett Partridge is/was in the context of past episodes? The name does not jog my memory even though I have seen all episodes.

"Without music, life would be a mistake." - Friedrich Nietzsche
post #550 of 695 Old 11-19-2013, 03:05 PM
Thread Ender

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Distorted View Post

Can someone place who Brett Partridge is/was in the context of past episodes? The name does not jog my memory even though I have seen all episodes.

Brett Partridge

Don't ever make the MISTAKE of buying a Samsung TV..
They consider THIS
normal on a two month old set..
post #551 of 695 Old 11-19-2013, 04:23 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 13
In the beginning of the series red john was a very creepy and twisted character. That all went out the window, however, when we started to meet his "followers" and minions. Always unclear on who would relish assisting a serial killer. It would have been much better IMO if he had remained a lone wolf.
post #552 of 695 Old 11-19-2013, 07:55 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccur View Post

In the beginning of the series red john was a very creepy and twisted character. That all went out the window, however, when we started to meet his "followers" and minions. Always unclear on who would relish assisting a serial killer. It would have been much better IMO if he had remained a lone wolf.

I agree 100%. Also the Blake Association totally dilutes the entire RJ arc.
post #553 of 695 Old 11-19-2013, 09:48 PM

Liked: 37
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarnacleBill View Post

I agree 100%. Also the Blake Association totally dilutes the entire RJ arc.

i hate to say, but i think i agree with the both of you.
post #554 of 695 Old 11-19-2013, 10:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:

I think you summed up my issues with the show quite nicely. I don't understand the minions either - one - perhaps two - but dozens? Hundreds? It makes no sense.
post #555 of 695 Old 11-20-2013, 07:38 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt L View Post

I think you summed up my issues with the show quite nicely. I don't understand the minions either - one - perhaps two - but dozens? Hundreds? It makes no sense.

Perhaps the writers tuned into The Following and decided to imitate.
post #556 of 695 Old 11-20-2013, 11:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 62
I'm interested to see how the Red John and Blake assoc. relationship plays out. Having a very large association of dirty cops is one thing, but with RJ being a deranged blood thirsty Red John "character", the two just don't mesh together for me.

I'd also like to see people's predictions before the episode rather then a the usual, I knew it and saw that coming a mile away afterwards wink.gif

Personally, I tend to not get to caught up in trying to figure stuff out (sure, maybe a little), because I find it distracts from my enjoyment as it plays out.
post #557 of 695 Old 11-20-2013, 12:49 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeJay1952 View Post

Perhaps the writers tuned into The Following and decided to imitate.

When they were interrogating the FBI guy, i got the impression that Blake Group members do not know of the Red John connection for the most part i believe many just follow instructions from above. if there isn't a clear distinction in the end then I'll join in with the boos. Any of them that helped kill witnesses probably suspected a connectiion, but didn't bolt as they are all beholding to the Group.
post #558 of 695 Old 11-20-2013, 02:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David James View Post

I'm interested to see how the Red John and Blake assoc. relationship plays out. Having a very large association of dirty cops is one thing, but with RJ being a deranged blood thirsty Red John "character", the two just don't mesh together for me.

I'd also like to see people's predictions before the episode rather then a the usual, I knew it and saw that coming a mile away afterwards wink.gif

Personally, I tend to not get to caught up in trying to figure stuff out (sure, maybe a little), because I find it distracts from my enjoyment as it plays out.
Kinda hard to make predictions before the show airs and I'm darn sure not going to sign on during the beginning or middle of a show to say I saw something coming even if I know I'm right. Now that WOULD be a distraction! Being an Internal Auditor most of my life, figuring things out is what I do and what I enjoy. And, you write your audit report following the audit, not before or during. smile.gif
post #559 of 695 Old 11-20-2013, 04:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerJim View Post

Kinda hard to make predictions before the show airs and I'm darn sure not going to sign on during the beginning or middle of a show to say I saw something coming even if I know I'm right.

Umm, I think that's the point! It IS harder to make predictions before the show airs. To come back after the episode(s) and say, "I knew it all along" is what he wants to put to the test, i.e., put in your prediction before the plot plays out.

If you figure something out in the middle of the episode, well, big whoop. tongue.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerJim View Post

Being an Internal Auditor most of my life, figuring things out is what I do and what I enjoy. And, you write your audit report following the audit, not before or during. smile.gif

Not a good comparison. Writing your report at the end (thereby revealing the story, figuring it out, etc.) is all being done by you. The conclusion of your audit hasn't revealed itself to you (as it does in a tv show) in addition to you figuring it out on your own.

Mourning the disappearing usage of the -ly suffix. Words being cut-off before they've had a chance to fully form, left incomplete, with their shoelaces untied and their zippers undone. If I quote your post (or post in your thread) without comment, please check your zipper.
post #560 of 695 Old 11-20-2013, 04:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruelInventions View Post

Umm, I think that's the point! It IS harder to make predictions before the show airs. To come back after the episode(s) and say, "I knew it all along" is what he wants to put to the test, i.e., put in your prediction before the plot plays out.

If you figure something out in the middle of the episode, well, big whoop. tongue.gif
Not a good comparison. Writing your report at the end (thereby revealing the story, figuring it out, etc.) is all being done by you. The conclusion of your audit hasn't revealed itself to you (as it does in a tv show) in addition to you figuring it out on your own.
OK.
post #561 of 695 Old 11-21-2013, 06:30 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Unless the answer just spontaneously pops into my head I try not to figure it out beforehand. That way I can just enjoy the ride.
post #562 of 695 Old 11-21-2013, 06:41 AM
AVS Special Member

I hate the fact that it may be some character that a lot of us don't even remember (Partridge).

I'm still going with one of two people as my "out there" prediction. It's either Patrick or Van Pelt. She did look a bit spooked when the FBI came in and was taking all their stuff.
post #563 of 695 Old 11-21-2013, 07:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
I always thought a good ending to this would be to expose Patrick Jane as Red John. Patrick now convinced that he has some sort of split personality gets driven to kill himself out of guilt for killing his family. He jumps off a cliff or something as the rest of the team watches helpless to stop him. At that point the real Red John begins laughing and the team turns to him with a look of WTF? The real Red John admits who he/she is and that his game is done now that Jane has killed himself needlessly thinking he was Red John. The team comes back to the office the next day to find Jane on his couch having fooled everyone regarding his suicide, saying he did it to flush out the real Red John. A perfect ending.
post #564 of 695 Old 11-21-2013, 11:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 175
LOL. Not bad. Not bad at all.

Mourning the disappearing usage of the -ly suffix. Words being cut-off before they've had a chance to fully form, left incomplete, with their shoelaces untied and their zippers undone. If I quote your post (or post in your thread) without comment, please check your zipper.
post #565 of 695 Old 11-22-2013, 07:04 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Scott View Post

I always thought a good ending to this would be to expose Patrick Jane as Red John. Patrick now convinced that he has some sort of split personality gets driven to kill himself out of guilt for killing his family. He jumps off a cliff or something as the rest of the team watches helpless to stop him. At that point the real Red John begins laughing and the team turns to him with a look of WTF? The real Red John admits who he/she is and that his game is done now that Jane has killed himself needlessly thinking he was Red John. The team comes back to the office the next day to find Jane on his couch having fooled everyone regarding his suicide, saying he did it to flush out the real Red John. A perfect ending.

Please send resume to CBS at once. We need you in the writers room!
post #566 of 695 Old 11-22-2013, 04:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 48
BIGGG Changes in the future for the series. Read at your own risk -

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2013/11/20/cbs-the-mentalist-red-john-feature/3651455/

"Without music, life would be a mistake." - Friedrich Nietzsche
post #567 of 695 Old 11-22-2013, 08:53 PM
AVS Special Member

I read and it might save the show.
post #568 of 695 Old 11-23-2013, 06:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distorted View Post

BIGGG Changes in the future for the series. Read at your own risk -

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2013/11/20/cbs-the-mentalist-red-john-feature/3651455/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt L View Post

I read and it might save the show.

I'm the exact opposite. The show will now be completely different and it will take away what made it popular to begin with. I'll keep watching to see if I'm wrong, but based on the sound of that, IMO this show is dead.

On a side note, why do all these shows feel the need to bring in a hard ass that yells at everyone the second they try to go off and take care of a problem unconventionally. That's what I see happening here.
post #569 of 695 Old 11-23-2013, 07:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Imp View Post

...it will take away what made it popular to begin with.
What is that and what analysis leads you to that conclusion. I hope it's not the end of Red John, as we've seen here, many have said they are tired of it and want it to just end. I wasn't necessarily tired of it but it needed to end as the show became very one dimensional.

They are clearly taking risks because many viewers can't seem to handle changes to shows. Personally, I love the idea. Whether it works or not will depend on the writing. Jane has been more obsessed with RJ this and last season and it's darkened the mood. It sounds like he'll lighten up a bit. Maybe he'll go back to flicking people on their nose again smile.gif.
post #570 of 695 Old 11-23-2013, 09:01 PM
AVS Special Member

I think the writers/producers saw it as nothing to loose. This is a bubble show and if it works fine, if not they tried something different and it failed. The ratings have been falling, in part due to CBS's stupid scheduling Sundays in the fall. I think both this show and The Good Wife would fare better on a weekday night as they did when they started, but I'm not in charge so who cares.
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page