Forum Jump: 
 2Likes

post #631 of 703 Old 04-08-2014, 08:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 199
Me too, I like the switchup of nearly everything on the show.

But it's looking like the show is done for, based upon people who follow these things. Very unlikely to return.

Mourning the disappearing usage of the -ly suffix. Words being cut-off before they've had a chance to fully form, left incomplete, with their shoelaces untied and their zippers undone. If I quote your post (or post in your thread) without comment, please check your zipper.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 703 Old 04-09-2014, 05:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 111
At least The Mentalist has lasted longer than The Guardian, both of which are/were among my favorite shows and both starring Simon Baker.
post #633 of 703 Old 04-09-2014, 06:56 AM

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 79
If CBS cancels it, could/would another network pick it up?
post #634 of 703 Old 04-09-2014, 07:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 199 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Well it has enough episodes for syndication, will they even do the effort on renewing it?

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
post #635 of 703 Old 04-14-2014, 10:05 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 33
I find Simon Baker a very appealing actor and The Mentalist has been a fun show, with Jane's scams. However the last couple of weeks have been just plain silly. The art thief episode was so unbelievable, complete with a marching band. The last episode defies all logic, (with or without Q).

I don't think the writers are trying anymore. This must be the last season.
post #636 of 703 Old 04-15-2014, 11:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by John dhein View Post

If CBS cancels it, could/would another network pick it up?
No way.
post #637 of 703 Old 04-15-2014, 12:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 68
The trick was telegraphed pretty early with the computer geeks computer announcing the time. Made me pretty sure something in the plot would revolve around that. Taking the girls cell phone nailed it.

I would like to see the show renewed. I still think they're finding their way with the new characters.
post #638 of 703 Old 04-15-2014, 12:48 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 442 Post(s)
Liked: 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by David James View Post

The trick was telegraphed pretty early with the computer geeks computer announcing the time. Made me pretty sure something in the plot would revolve around that. Taking the girls cell phone nailed it.

I would like to see the show renewed. I still think they're finding their way with the new characters.
Yeah, that was the giveaway right there, from there on out I knew exactly what was happening, the writers "signaled" their intent just a bit too strongly, in fact, pretty much like a sledgehammer.
post #639 of 703 Old 04-15-2014, 03:59 PM
AVS Special Member

It was still nice to see it play out. A similar "trick" was played on an NCIS episode a few years ago.
Keenan likes this.
post #640 of 703 Old 04-16-2014, 09:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 137
I saw the Mission Impossible setup straight away. It was fun just the same....

Bobby 

post #641 of 703 Old 04-16-2014, 10:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 56
I'm just glad they dropped the "boss being a hardass" persona of Abbott that they portrayed at the end of the Red John storyline. I personally cannot stand shows that bring in bosses that do nothing but yell and have a problem with the way the show's protagonist does things. I couldn't stand the new Captain on Castle for this very reason, but luckily she has softened and is tolerable to watch now.
CruelInventions likes this.
post #642 of 703 Old 04-16-2014, 10:31 AM
AVS Special Member

I agree on both counts and agree that both shows are better for it. Even Gibbs on NCIS has a new softer side but is still a hardass when he needs to be.
post #643 of 703 Old 04-16-2014, 04:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan View Post

Quote:

Yeah, that was the giveaway right there, from there on out I knew exactly what was happening, the writers "signaled" their intent just a bit too strongly, in fact, pretty much like a sledgehammer.

As soon as John de Lancie said, this is my wife... I knew the whole plot and how it was going to play out. It was fun to watch though.
Keenan likes this.

Luke

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.-JOA
post #644 of 703 Old 04-16-2014, 06:10 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 169
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one enjoying the reboot of the show. I really like this lighter side.

As far as what others have said:
I agree the art heist episode was over the top, but it was fun.
I agree that this week's episode was predictable, but it was enjoyable watching it play out.
I agree that the new boss is a welcome relief to the usual hard-ass boss. I think watching him really getting into and liking the "Jane Way" of things is one of my favorite aspects of the show now.

And of course there is Cho. I can't think of another character on a current show that makes me laugh out loud as much as Cho does with a simple smirk or one word sarcastic response.
post #645 of 703 Old 04-16-2014, 09:14 PM

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 79
I, too, REALLY like this show, and wish it was on a different network. If it was it would have been renewed already.
post #646 of 703 Old 04-17-2014, 08:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Cho has been my favorite TV character for years.
post #647 of 703 Old 04-17-2014, 08:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomhunter8 View Post

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one enjoying the reboot of the show. I really like this lighter side.

As far as what others have said:
I agree the art heist episode was over the top, but it was fun.
I agree that this week's episode was predictable, but it was enjoyable watching it play out.
I agree that the new boss is a welcome relief to the usual hard-ass boss. I think watching him really getting into and liking the "Jane Way" of things is one of my favorite aspects of the show now.

And of course there is Cho. I can't think of another character on a current show that makes me laugh out loud as much as Cho does with a simple smirk or one word sarcastic response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John dhein View Post

I, too, REALLY like this show, and wish it was on a different network. If it was it would have been renewed already.

Quote:

Cho has been my favorite TV character for years.
The Mentalist has been on my 'must see' list since the beginning. I think it got in trouble ratings-wise when they dragged out the Red John fiasco for an eternity. This season has been refreshing and very enjoyable.
post #648 of 703 Old 04-17-2014, 10:27 AM
AVS Special Member

I really liked Bradley Whitford as Red John. And that would have been a good way to end the storyline right there. But they didn't.

I particularly disliked the way they had the real Red John grovel for his life at the end. Didn't jive with my conception of the character whatsoever.

Mourning the disappearing usage of the -ly suffix. Words being cut-off before they've had a chance to fully form, left incomplete, with their shoelaces untied and their zippers undone. If I quote your post (or post in your thread) without comment, please check your zipper.
post #649 of 703 Old 04-17-2014, 06:11 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 169
One of my favorite characters and the one I truly hated to see go away was LaRoche. When he first appeared, he was scary as hell. Then they turned him into a great character with an excellent back story. Then they killed him. mad.gif
post #650 of 703 Old 04-17-2014, 06:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 135

I love this show but have resigned myself to the strong probability of it not being renewed.

post #651 of 703 Old 04-18-2014, 01:14 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 33
I've got a great girlfriend for Cho. How about Root from Person of Interest? Cho has interesting tastes in women.
post #652 of 703 Old 04-18-2014, 06:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarnacleBill View Post

I've got a great girlfriend for Cho. How about Root from Person of Interest? Cho has interesting tastes in women.
That would be a good match till she gets mad at him. wink.gif
post #653 of 703 Old 04-20-2014, 01:34 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett Adams View Post

I love this show but have resigned myself to the strong probability of it not being renewed.
My feeling as well. I don't think the reboot has been smooth. They substituted one white female with long hair for another without adding any personality. I assume with the reboot they were able to shed some high salaries, but the main players' pay has continued to increase over the years to the point CBS must wonder if it would be cost-effective to bring the show back.
videobruce likes this.
post #654 of 703 Old 04-21-2014, 10:36 AM
AVS Special Member

So is this the beginning of the end? if Lisbon leaves the show maybe over, still waiting her answer next episode... (but I really feel bad for Jane, I wanted a Jisbon ship)

post #655 of 703 Old 04-21-2014, 11:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccur View Post

My feeling as well. I don't think the reboot has been smooth. They substituted one white female with long hair for another without adding any personality.

I'm utterly fascinated by her mouth though. If you were to make a line drawing of a flamboyantly perfected pair of animated lips, she would be your lip model. Her mouth reminds me of the Joker; the hyper-shapely form, the upturned corners of the mouth...

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v80), default quality

post #656 of 703 Old 04-21-2014, 11:43 AM
AVS Special Member

About last night's episode.

I'm not sure I understood the motivation of the lawyer. So he was going to co-coerce his client (the golfer) into giving him more money because he knew of his client's accounting "irregularities" or was going to offer to help make those irregularities disappear, but for an additional financial cut?

There was a particular line of dialog in the explanation in the interrogation room which didn't make a whole lot of sense to me, which further added to my, "huh?", reaction. I can't recall what is was but it didn't seem to jive with what had been discussed. Maybe I'll have to re-watch that part.

post #657 of 703 Old 04-21-2014, 01:09 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 18
The last shows have been pretty elaborate plans, but it's been fun watching boss Abbott agree to play roles in the plans, a complete turnaround for him. But who can argue with success? Cho kills me. His staring at the I.T. guy after computerese gibberish was hilarious.

Yes, I preferred the old group a bit more, with eye-rolling Lisbon "allowing" Jane's whims. It's still enjoyable, though.

CBS has done this show few favors; shifting time slots until it floundered against Sunday Nite Football and others. If this is the end, I will definitely miss it.
post #658 of 703 Old 04-22-2014, 12:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post

So is this the beginning of the end? if Lisbon leaves the show maybe over, still waiting her answer next episode... (but I really feel bad for Jane, I wanted a Jisbon ship)

I don't think so. His affection for Theresa seems like there is a dark side to it, so I think there will be a Ward-like reveal before the end of the season, unless it will be the season ending cliff hanger, in which case, it had better be renewed. If the show continues, she will almost certainly have to be there.

You have to love the look on Jane's face when Abbott said he had all but been offered a bribe, and Jane jumped off the couch. He had SUCH a devious grin!

Luke

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.-JOA
post #659 of 703 Old 05-12-2014, 11:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Renewed for season 7. I'm assuming it will be the last but who knows.
post #660 of 703 Old 05-12-2014, 11:44 AM
AVS Special Member

So, maybe Lisbon will stay after all, that eye-lock they did in the couch, but she already said yes to the other guy, I'm still waiting for her to change her decision.

Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page