The Mentalist on CBS HD - Page 24 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #691 of 695 Old 05-21-2014, 06:42 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 30
She realizes that Jane is really Red John and kills him at the end.
TeeJay1952 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #692 of 695 Old 05-21-2014, 09:52 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 18
This is kinda wierd for me. I have always seen Jane and Lisbon more a a brother sister relationship. I have never really seen them as romantic partners either. Admittedly, I haven't seen the entire last season yet.
post #693 of 695 Old 05-21-2014, 10:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Why does every show like this HAVE to couple the male and female lead? Why can't they just be excellent partners at work and leave it at that? Lisbon could simply feel she can accomplish more with Jane as a partner than without and stay for that reason. Bones there is chemistry, Castle there is chemistry, here there is none.
post #694 of 695 Old 05-22-2014, 04:25 AM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt L View Post

Why does every show like this HAVE to couple the male and female lead? Why can't they just be excellent partners at work and leave it at that? Lisbon could simply feel she can accomplish more with Jane as a partner than without and stay for that reason. Bones there is chemistry, Castle there is chemistry, here there is none.

I agree entirely. I have never noted much sexual tension from these 2. I think that the writers don't understand that not all work partners of opposite sex become couples. This whole aspect of the post red john segment of the show pretty much bores me, and I wish there were a way to drop it.
post #695 of 695 Old 05-23-2014, 01:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Quote:

I pad both The good Wife and The Mentalist by 1 1/2 hours each, and occasionally I've needed all of that time. CBS should just pull that stupid Amazing Race during the fall and things might get better.

No need to pad both, I just pad the Mentalist by 45 minutes, if the GW runs long it's ending will just be on the beginning of The Mentalist :) 30 minutes would cover 95% but you really need 45 to catch all overruns. I've been just padding The Mentalist for several years and have never missed it nor the GW. The problem with padding both is it occupies 2 tuners, doing it my way only takes up 1 tuner and since I already record something else on Sunday night I need the other tuner on my 2 tuner Tivo.

The downside is if the GW runs late you can't delete the Mentalist until you've watched the GW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John dhein View Post

Quote:

I agree entirely. I have never noted much sexual tension from these 2. I think that the writers don't understand that not all work partners of opposite sex become couples. This whole aspect of the post red john segment of the show pretty much bores me, and I wish there were a way to drop it.

I also agree, unlike Castle where I feel more sexual tension between the two leads I've also felt more a brother sister relationship between Lisbon and Jane. In fact while I'd consider both leads in Castle quite attractive(well as much as a guy can seem attractive to me) I haven't really felt that way about either Mentalist actors, not that they aren't great actors.

Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page