The Mentalist on CBS HD - Page 26 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
First ... 24  25  26
HDTV Programming > The Mentalist on CBS HD
JediMastr's Avatar JediMastr 02:35 AM 02-24-2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccur View Post
Never bought Jane as a true romantic. For years, he played with people, and their emotions, as if they were toys. Then, wham, he chases Lisbon onto a plane and confesses his love! What?
The writers and producers gave the majority of the viewers what they wanted, even though it wasn't sold very well by the characters or the actors portraying them.
You have a point--Jane was a manipulator. The only reason I bought into his ability to have sincerely romantic feelings, is because we know he had them for his wife...as well as love for his daughter. It was like he was afraid to admit that he could feel that way again after they were killed. I think after so many years of mourning, and finally avenging them, the writers had to give him a happy ending.

After seeing some of the early episodes, it's pretty obvious that Lisbon had feelings for him...I thought she did a decent job of conveying that to the audience.

videobruce's Avatar videobruce 04:12 AM 02-24-2015
It was a half ass, rush to get it done, last minute, just to satisfy the viewers relationship. Butchered, just as it was with those two that left the show a one or two years ago.
Compare this series with Castle, Fringe and even the X Files and there is no comparison. The best that was achieved was room mates.
RTPVid 04:36 PM Yesterday
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccur View Post
Never bought Jane as a true romantic. For years, he played with people, and their emotions, as if they were toys. Then, wham, he chases Lisbon onto a plane and confesses his love! What?
The writers and producers gave the majority of the viewers what they wanted, even though it wasn't sold very well by the characters or the actors portraying them.
Wasn't what I wanted. As I stated above a few posts, the cutsy romance was more Jr Hi than adult, and I agree it did not fit the characters' histories. The actors did the best they could with it, but Jane never seemed to be genuine; more like a school boy in puppy love.
Phil17108's Avatar Phil17108 10:10 AM Today
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTPVid View Post
Wasn't what I wanted. As I stated above a few posts, the cutsy romance was more Jr Hi than adult, and I agree it did not fit the characters' histories. The actors did the best they could with it, but Jane never seemed to be genuine; more like a school boy in puppy love.
With you on this, a lot more chemistry starting 2 or 3 seasons earlier, like on Castle. Half the fun is trying to hide it from the rest. Real problem is that not even Beckett could get that dead fish Jane to sweat.
First ... 24  25  26

Up
Mobile  Desktop