post #3871 of 4109 Old 10-04-2013, 04:37 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by LL3HD View Post

"... Eliot and Gretchen always look over their shoulder."

It was made explicitly clear to us-- and to Eliot and Gretchen-- that regardless of what happens to Walt-- they will have to look over their shoulder.

But only if they don't give Jr. the money- that was the whole point.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3872 of 4109 Old 10-04-2013, 11:05 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 199
From the Albuquerque Journal:

RemyM, Djoel and Fastslappy like this.
post #3873 of 4109 Old 10-04-2013, 11:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimWinVA View Post

But only if they don't give Jr. the money- that was the whole point.

If Gretchen and Elliot watch the finale, they will see the hit men were fake and they can keep the money. biggrin.gif

RIP John, my best friend. Oct 17th 1966 - Nov 13th 2010

RIP Victor, my dad, June 26th 1927 - April 13th 2011
post #3874 of 4109 Old 10-04-2013, 11:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
In this ending, the Heisenberg legend dies when Walter White dies. The ending was good, but it could have been even better if they kept the legend alive by having Jesse and Walt leave the compound together. Walt dies shortly after and Jesse buries him somewhere in the desert. As far as everyone else is considered, Walter White killed a gang of drug rivals and disappeared.
post #3875 of 4109 Old 10-04-2013, 11:35 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 548
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidt1 View Post

In this ending, the Heisenberg legend dies when Walter White dies. The ending was good, but it could have been even better if they kept the legend alive by having Jesse and Walt leave the compound together. Walt dies shortly after and Jesse buries him somewhere in the desert. As far as everyone else is considered, Walter White killed a gang of drug rivals and disappeared.

Except that would not really be in Jesse's character. Sklyar, Flynn, and Holly would then have no closure. Jesse being a fundamentally decent guy, wouldn't do that to them. Not to mention the audience. We needed the story to have some finality.
post #3876 of 4109 Old 10-04-2013, 12:33 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 58
And you wouldn't have the ending where he admires his equipment just before dying. Remember, when he said to Skylar that he did it for himself and not his family. He was proud of the operation and his creation of the blue meth.

Don't believe everything on the Interwebz! A duck's quack DOES echo!
post #3877 of 4109 Old 10-04-2013, 12:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 87
RJ Mitte has been cast in a recurring role on ABC Family’s Switched at Birth...

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/10/04/breaking-bad-rj-mitte-switched-at-birth/
post #3878 of 4109 Old 10-04-2013, 01:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 752
post #3879 of 4109 Old 10-05-2013, 09:31 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 22
sh*t ... nothing to watch on TV now... except sh&t mixed with sh2t (ads)
post #3880 of 4109 Old 10-06-2013, 05:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulls View Post

sh*t ... nothing to watch on TV now... except sh&t mixed with sh2t (ads)

Have you tried Homeland? No ads and not sh&t. Bonus: Sunday nights.
post #3881 of 4109 Old 10-07-2013, 08:01 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 578
Over a period of two weeks, I re-watched every episode, saving the final two on the DVR for last .. I avoided all media in order to not be tipped off about the ending ..

Over that time, I saw details I never noticed the first time I watched .. over 5 years of shows, watched the week they came out, you can't really take it all in and fully understand just how good this show actually is .. I grew to like, question and despise Walt .. I watched Jesse essentially grow up .. Skylar transformed from a young wife to a bitter woman and a cast of characters that continually changed, yet were always, without a doubt, engaging ..

Last night, alone in my HT .. I finished it out ..

Throughout the series, Walt always wanted it his way .. Mike summed it up at one point by saying :

"We had a good thing, you stupid son of a bitch! We had Fring, we had a lab, we had everything we needed, and it all ran like clockwork! You could have shut your mouth, cooked, and made as much money as you ever needed! It was perfect! But no! You just had to blow it up! You, and your pride and your ego! You just had to be the man! If you’d known your place, we’d all be fine right now!"

But in the end, Walt went out on his terms and had it his way .. the guy I had grown to despise served up a large portion of redemption ..

The cast was brilliant, the writing was brilliant, there was not a throw away episode in the entire run, the depth of the show makes it a must have BD set ..

Thanks to all here on the thread for your insights, humor and info over the years ..

Lastly, I hope that someday another show comes along that can bring me in as deep as BB did .. but I doubt it ..
Djoel and 73shark like this.

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #3882 of 4109 Old 10-07-2013, 11:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

Over a period of two weeks, I re-watched every episode, saving the final two on the DVR for last .. I avoided all media in order to not be tipped off about the ending ..

Over that time, I saw details I never noticed the first time I watched .. over 5 years of shows, watched the week they came out, you can't really take it all in and fully understand just how good this show actually is .. I grew to like, question and despise Walt .. I watched Jesse essentially grow up .. Skylar transformed from a young wife to a bitter woman and a cast of characters that continually changed, yet were always, without a doubt, engaging ..

Last night, alone in my HT .. I finished it out ..

Throughout the series, Walt always wanted it his way .. Mike summed it up at one point by saying :

"We had a good thing, you stupid son of a bitch! We had Fring, we had a lab, we had everything we needed, and it all ran like clockwork! You could have shut your mouth, cooked, and made as much money as you ever needed! It was perfect! But no! You just had to blow it up! You, and your pride and your ego! You just had to be the man! If you’d known your place, we’d all be fine right now!"

But in the end, Walt went out on his terms and had it his way .. the guy I had grown to despise served up a large portion of redemption ..

The cast was brilliant, the writing was brilliant, there was not a throw away episode in the entire run, the depth of the show makes it a must have BD set ..

Thanks to all here on the thread for your insights, humor and info over the years ..

Lastly, I hope that someday another show comes along that can bring me in as deep as BB did .. but I doubt it ..

Well said.

I too have been re watching from the start thanks to Netflix, what blows me away is how fast Walt/ Heisenberg starts to appear..For instance, when Walt Jr is trying is jeans at some hip clothing store there are some kids that are bullying Jr. and Walt seem to be out of character from his family's point of view, Skylar couldn't believe what she was witnessing, Walt seem to be almost enjoying putting a hurt on the jerk.
Little things like that tells you early on that it's going to be a hell of a ride, awesome show that I'll be getting on Blu Ray.

Djoel
mgkdragn likes this.
post #3883 of 4109 Old 10-07-2013, 11:56 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djoel View Post

Well said.

I too have been re watching from the start thanks to Netflix, what blows me away is how fast Walt/ Heisenberg starts to appear..For instance, when Walt Jr is trying is jeans at some hip clothing store there are some kids that are bullying Jr. and Walt seem to be out of character from his family's point of view, Skylar couldn't believe what she was witnessing, Walt seem to be almost enjoying putting a hurt on the jerk.
Little things like that tells you early on that it's going to be a hell of a ride, awesome show that I'll be getting on Blu Ray.

Djoel

One of the many things that really stuck out for me was how quickly Walt could change .. one minute he'd be pissed and on the cell phone .. a second later he'd walk back to the dining room and act like a normal everyday guy without a care in the World ..

Jesse was truly a standout as well .. Cranston gets a lot of credit, and rightfully so, but Aaron Paul, when you look at some of the heartache and guilt scenes, just did an incredible job ..
Djoel likes this.

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #3884 of 4109 Old 10-07-2013, 01:03 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

there was not a throw away episode in the entire run,

The "Fly" episode was kind of weak. I get what they were going for, and I know they were having budget issues and had to shoot it on the cheap, but it was poorly executed. That was about the only really bad apple.

post #3885 of 4109 Old 10-07-2013, 01:06 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Well said Dragon.. Sunday night and No BB, and no more "coming later". What a cast and show...
post #3886 of 4109 Old 10-07-2013, 01:07 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

I too have been re watching from the start thanks to Netflix, what blows me away is how fast Walt/ Heisenberg starts to appear..y.

There was an interview/article in the New Yorker a few weeks back with Cranston on making the character(s). While Gilligan saw the show as a good man going bad, Cranston saw it as a nobody becoming somebody. He based a lot of Walt's early mannerisms on his (Cranston's) father, who failed most things he tried in life, and was going through the motions of living as a defeated man. So many of Walt's early personality traits, like his little shuffle-walk, were taken from that, and discarded as the character grew in power and ego.
Djoel likes this.

post #3887 of 4109 Old 10-07-2013, 01:10 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulpa View Post

The "Fly" episode was kind of weak. I get what they were going for, and I know they were having budget issues and had to shoot it on the cheap, but it was poorly executed. That was about the only really bad apple.

I'll admit that was the weakest of the series, but in my marathon re-watch, I actually grew to like it much more .. obsession being the theme

I could get into the whole Seven Deadly Sins and How Breaking Bad Did It .. but I'll refrain for now .. wink.gif

Uncle Willie

post #3888 of 4109 Old 10-07-2013, 01:16 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

I'll admit that was the weakest of the series, but in my marathon re-watch, I actually grew to like it much more .. obsession being the theme

I get what it was about and all that, but in terms of the show overall, it was a definite misfire. It was like what should have been a b-plot elevated to an entire episode.

But it's just a quibble over an otherwise excellent show.

I had my misgivings with the plot (but not the emotional impact) of the final episode as well, but I already posted that.

post #3889 of 4109 Old 10-07-2013, 01:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Walt turned out to be a lot like Fring in that he could one moment be a gentleman and the next moment he could shoot someone in the head. I did suffer withdrawal symptoms last night when I got the DVR and there was no Breaking Bad episode to watch. eek.gif
Djoel likes this.

In space, no one can hear you scream . . .
post #3890 of 4109 Old 10-07-2013, 01:46 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 548
I really enjoyed the Fly episode. Thought it was a clever change of pace and, as was said, it was a metaphor for extreme obsession, one of Walt's defining characteristics. I don't know that I'd call it the show's weakest ep, but admittedly, I can't remember them all.
post #3891 of 4109 Old 10-07-2013, 02:05 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73shark View Post

Walt turned out to be a lot like Fring in that he could one moment be a gentleman and the next moment he could shoot someone in the head. I did suffer withdrawal symptoms last night when I got the DVR and there was no Breaking Bad episode to watch. eek.gif

I had no withdrawal because I finally finished it out .. tongue.gif .. but next Sunday will be sad .. maybe I'll just start a 3rd watch .. ?? wink.gif .. my wife already thinks I'm obsessed ..

At any rate, oddly enough, one of my favorite scenes was Walt and Skyler are having dinner .. just them ... Skyler is hitting the vino as she picks at her food .. they are sitting longways across the table from each other ..

Walt has just used Todd for the first time as his new assistant and the first cook is done ..

Walt jovially launches into something like "Well, I wanted to let you know that I got a new assistant and it looks like things are really going to work out with the new guy." ..

Like he just got home from the office .. and it was a normal, everyday discussion ..

Uncle Willie

post #3892 of 4109 Old 10-07-2013, 02:11 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

I really enjoyed the Fly episode. Thought it was a clever change of pace and, as was said, it was a metaphor for extreme obsession, one of Walt's defining characteristics.

+1
post #3893 of 4109 Old 10-07-2013, 02:35 PM
AVS Addicted Member

I'd like to propose a couple discussion points .. these are my own theories, I did not scab them off a Fan or Media website ..

Just wondering what you guys might have to say ..

1) Gus Fring was Gay

2) Skyler still loved Walt up until the end

Uncle Willie

post #3894 of 4109 Old 10-07-2013, 02:46 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Willie,

I thought both of those things were obvious.

The whole Gus-Gale thing gave that away, and Skyler put up with much more than any unloving spouse would have.
post #3895 of 4109 Old 10-07-2013, 02:48 PM

Liked: 37
Quote:

I'd like to propose a couple discussion points .. these are my own theories, I did not scab them off a Fan or Media website ..

Just wondering what you guys might have to say ..

1) Gus Fring was Gay

2) Skyler still loved Walt up until the end

on your first point, i'd say whether he was or wasn't didn't come into play in any of his actions.

on your second, i'd say she did indeed still love walt until the end. i believe that is why she allowed him to see the baby one last time.
post #3896 of 4109 Old 10-07-2013, 02:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 69
I couldn't even watch the whole episode of the Fly the second time around.

RIP John, my best friend. Oct 17th 1966 - Nov 13th 2010

RIP Victor, my dad, June 26th 1927 - April 13th 2011
post #3897 of 4109 Old 10-07-2013, 02:58 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John dhein View Post

Willie,

The whole Gus-Gale thing gave that away, and Skyler put up with much more than any unloving spouse would have.

I guess my thought on Gus just never crossed my mind until a few days ago .. but I bring it back even farther to when Fring and his partner first proposed a deal with Don Eladio and Hector Salamanca shot the partner in the head ..

Which reminds me of Steven Bauer as the Don .. who was also Tony Montanas right hand man, Manny .. and then appeared on the TV when Walt and Flynn were watching Scarface ..

Uncle Willie

post #3898 of 4109 Old 10-07-2013, 03:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 158
Quote:

I had no withdrawal because I finally finished it out .. tongue.gif .. but next Sunday will be sad .. maybe I'll just start a 3rd watch .. ?? wink.gif .. my wife already thinks I'm obsessed ..

At any rate, oddly enough, one of my favorite scenes was Walt and Skyler are having dinner .. just them ... Skyler is hitting the vino as she picks at her food .. they are sitting longways across the table from each other ..

Walt has just used Todd for the first time as his new assistant and the first cook is done ..

Walt jovially launches into something like "Well, I wanted to let you know that I got a new assistant and it looks like things are really going to work out with the new guy."..

Like he just got home from the office .. and it was a normal, everyday discussion ..

biggrin.gif Isn't that the one she picks up and simply gets up and tosses her plate in the sink, and leaves him talking by him self !?!

There was so much humor in this show,I'm sure others drams would love the right formula, and execution to do it the BB way, but would have failed.

Well I'm waiting on Walking Dead next week as I believe it's a well writen show as well, with lots of tense moments just can't really invest in some of those folks in there, they might just get eaten.

Djoel
post #3899 of 4109 Old 10-07-2013, 03:06 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John dhein View Post

Willie,

On Skyler .. up untl the last scene with her at the apartment table smoking a cigarette .. she says something to Walt like "If I hear you say you did it for the family one more time .. " .. Walt admits he did it because he liked it .. Skyler has this almost half smile on her face, like that was the one thing she had been just aching to hear ..

Prior, Skyler tells Walt she's just waiting for the cancer to kill him ..

Uncle Willie

post #3900 of 4109 Old 10-07-2013, 03:10 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

biggrin.gif Isn't that the one she picks up and simply gets up and tosses her plate in the sink, and leaves him talking by him self !?!

There was so much humor in this show,I'm sure others drams would love the right formula, and execution to do it the BB way, but would have failed.

Well I'm waiting on Walking Dead next week as I believe it's a well writen show as well, with lots of tense moments just can't really invest in some of those folks in there, they might just get eaten.

Djoel

Yeah, I don't think she even says a word ..

You know, there was a lot of Skyler bashing in the thread at one time, but, myself, I really did come to appreciate her part ..

Looking forward to WD myself, but it's not gonna fully fill the BB hole ..

Uncle Willie

Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page