Breaking Bad on AMCHD - Page 133 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 3Likes

post #3961 of 4104 Old 10-16-2013, 04:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 37
oh i'm sure by the time better call saul premieres i will feel a certain allegiance to check it out. or at the very least come here and see what you guys are saying about it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3962 of 4104 Old 10-16-2013, 06:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 44
I can see the BCSAUL series having him interface with all sorts of unsavory underworld types. Will definitely check it out.

In space, no one can hear you scream . . .
post #3963 of 4104 Old 10-17-2013, 06:42 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 198
The maker of "Bathing Bad" bath salts has been served with a cease and desist order from Sony over the sale of their product:

http://www.abqjournal.com/283116/news/bathing-bad-bath-salts-in-trouble-with-sony.html
Quote:
“I had a talk with the director of consumer marketing at Sony … he was shaking me down for $250,000 to $1 million so they would bless the sale of a product that we don’t think they own the rights to,”
post #3964 of 4104 Old 10-17-2013, 08:58 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 18
Looks like we might see Walt and Jessie a few times!

Walt and Jesse to make cameos on ‘Better Call Saul’
post #3965 of 4104 Old 10-17-2013, 09:07 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

As much as I loved the Saul character on BB, I don't see the need for this spin-off. Why? That show is over. Our involvement with those people is over. If they make it a comedy, then it doesn't fit with the universe where the character originated. If it's a drama, then it doesn't work either because it can never come close to its antecedent to which it will constantly be compared. Like kitty above, I can't just muster any enthusiasm for this project.

C'mon AMC. Do something worthwhile instead. Bring back 'Rubicon'! (I can dream can't I?)

Yeah, I just can't see the new series even approaching Breaking Bad. Gut feeling and all. I'll give it a shot (we all will), but... you know.

And Rubicon was awesome. They ended it just when it was really getting awesome. frown.gif

Don't believe everything on the Interwebz! A duck's quack DOES echo!
post #3966 of 4104 Old 10-17-2013, 09:29 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsambuca View Post

Looks like we might see Walt and Jessie a few times!

Walt and Jesse to make cameos on ‘Better Call Saul’

I swear when I posted some speculation on that yesterday I had no idea that was the real plan .. however, it will boost ratings, we'll never know when they will appear .. it may be just pushing a shopping cart down a store isle .. but I'd guess a few other characters may pop in from time to time .. Mike, even Fring dishing out some Pollos ..

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

post #3967 of 4104 Old 10-17-2013, 09:32 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulpa View Post

Yeah, I just can't see the new series even approaching Breaking Bad. Gut feeling and all. I'll give it a shot (we all will), but... you know.

And Rubicon was awesome. They ended it just when it was really getting awesome. frown.gif

I'd go so far as to say there is no way it's going to come close to BB .. but with a huge built in audience that is interested in anything BB, it will, at least initially, get some traction ..

The link earlier indicated 75% of the show would be comedy .. and hopefully they keep it dark, which Gilligan is so good at

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

post #3968 of 4104 Old 10-17-2013, 10:33 AM

Liked: 28
I understand keeping expectations low for the spin-off: any comparison to one of (if not THE) best TV shows ever is a recipe for disappointment. That being said, I think it has a good chance of being a good show and think there's a little too much negativity about it. I always enjoyed Saul's character and he was really hilarious; I think it's easy to forget just how funny he could be given that his humor was largely missing in the darkness that overtook everything in the last season. Also, given VG's involvement in the writer's room, directing the 1st episode and bringing back most of the writers and crew, there is reason to hope for some good quality. BB was blessed w/ incredible acting throughout the series, but even the actors will admit it all started w/ the scripts they received.

I'm really looking forward to this. Just keeping that world alive will be nice- and there could be some really colorful characters- even if they never appeared in BB- that peopled Saul's world pre-WW. Given the quality of BB, there is good reason to expect quality here too from so many of the same people. And some storylines might relate to things we know happened later and be food for thought, as well as bring back fond memories. Personally, I will be eager to see anything VG is involved in from now on.
Djoel likes this.
post #3969 of 4104 Old 10-17-2013, 12:35 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Aaron Paul's Complete Script for the Breaking Bad Finale:

130930_breakingBadScript2.jpg.CROP.original-original.jpg

post #3970 of 4104 Old 10-18-2013, 05:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

I swear when I posted some speculation on that yesterday I had no idea that was the real plan .. however, it will boost ratings, we'll never know when they will appear .. it may be just pushing a shopping cart down a store isle .. but I'd guess a few other characters may pop in from time to time .. Mike, even Fring dishing out some Pollos ..

Could be like when Hitchcock always showed up in his movies, you never knew when or where. I probably watched his movies more intently because I didn't want to miss seeing him.

In space, no one can hear you scream . . .
post #3971 of 4104 Old 10-18-2013, 08:43 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimWinVA View Post

I always enjoyed Saul's character and he was really hilarious; I think it's easy to forget just how funny he could be given that his humor was largely missing in the darkness that overtook everything in the last season.

I liked his character, too, but what made it work was that he came in small doses. Now a whole show is being devoted to him. I guess I don't want the good memories of his character junked up.
kittycarole likes this.

Don't believe everything on the Interwebz! A duck's quack DOES echo!
post #3972 of 4104 Old 10-19-2013, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulpa View Post

I liked his character, too, but what made it work was that he came in small doses. Now a whole show is being devoted to him. I guess I don't want the good memories of his character junked up.

You mean it worked well in small doses, right? We don't really know if it can work w/ him as the main character. Unless you're sure you won't like that, in which case you can skip it. I for one am interested to see if it can work. Given the players involved (I'm thinking of the writers 1st and foremost- who imo were the backbone of BB, since great acting means little w/o the writing) I think there is reason to believe it will be good. Is it possible that this show could tarnish the BB image and Saul's character? If it's that bad, then I'll bail and it will be but a blip that won't have nearly the power to spoil all that excellence that preceded it. All imo, of course.
post #3973 of 4104 Old 10-20-2013, 05:59 AM
AVS Addicted Member

post #3974 of 4104 Old 10-20-2013, 06:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Article states that YouTube was going to stream the ceremony live but Sony and AMC determined it was featuring some copyrighted material...Boo Sony and AMC...mad.gif

post #3975 of 4104 Old 10-20-2013, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxman48 View Post

Article states that YouTube was going to stream the ceremony live but Sony and AMC determined it was featuring some copyrighted material...Boo Sony and AMC...mad.gif

Boo indeed. Not only disrespectful of the fans, but also not too smart I would think. Free publicity, right?
post #3976 of 4104 Old 10-20-2013, 09:35 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxman48 View Post

That would have been the decision of YouTube, not Sony or AMC. Can't blame them in the current legal climate, but yes it was a silly decision.
post #3977 of 4104 Old 10-21-2013, 03:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 33
I dunno how I feel about the fake funeral... lol...

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"
post #3978 of 4104 Old 10-22-2013, 08:12 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipfreak View Post

I dunno how I feel about the fake funeral... lol...

You're not the only one. A few very vocal locals got the grave site removed from the cemetery this week.

http://www.koat.com/news/new-mexico/albuquerque/breaking-bad-headstone-removed-from-cemetery/-/9153728/22552646/-/u2ieoz/-/index.html?absolute=true
post #3979 of 4104 Old 10-22-2013, 08:18 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post

You're not the only one. A few very vocal locals got the grave site removed from the cemetery this week.

http://www.koat.com/news/new-mexico/albuquerque/breaking-bad-headstone-removed-from-cemetery/-/9153728/22552646/-/u2ieoz/-/index.html?absolute=true

Raising money for a worthy cause seems to me to be, well, worthy .. I can understand the relatives of the deceased interned at the cemetery being put off by it, however, there are plenty of cemeteries that contain celebrity remains that are Tourist destinations .. OK, so Walt was not a real person but that's about the only difference .. I suppose Jim Morrison should be moved to an undisclosed location as well ..

post #3980 of 4104 Old 10-23-2013, 12:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 66
The Better Call Saul shirt got quite a lot of compliments, anyhow, one more shirt coming, should be here today.

RIP John, my best friend. Oct 17th 1966 - Nov 13th 2010

RIP Victor, my dad, June 26th 1927 - April 13th 2011
post #3981 of 4104 Old 10-23-2013, 12:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 248
Something about that picture looks weird. I guess they just get the guy to model the black shirt and then layover the graphics for whatever shirt they are selling.

Cool shirt though.
Djoel likes this.

Xbox Gamertag/PSN ID: RemoWilliams84

"I started out with nothing, and I still got most of it." -Seasick Steve

post #3982 of 4104 Old 10-23-2013, 03:06 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi View Post

This thread got no posts because there was already a long thread on Breaking Bad from last year. You need to do a search for it.

Been looking for this thread for a while now, still cant find anything... anyone else know where it went?

...lost...
post #3983 of 4104 Old 10-23-2013, 03:26 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattiekrome View Post

Been looking for this thread for a while now, still cant find anything... anyone else know where it went?

I thought the threads were merged .. ??
Mattiekrome likes this.

post #3984 of 4104 Old 10-23-2013, 03:42 PM

possibly so, I'm trying not to read due to spoiler content.

I've just discovered the convenience of Netflix, so I decided to watch BB with everything that I've heard about it. What an awesome show. Currently on Season 4 Ep. 1. I only read through the first page or two of this thread, i'll give it another shot. Thanks.

...lost...
post #3985 of 4104 Old 10-27-2013, 12:40 PM
AVS Addicted Member

post #3986 of 4104 Old 10-27-2013, 09:25 PM
AVS Special Member

http://cinephilearchive.tumblr.com/post/62644122536/brett-martin-was-generous-enough-to-provide-us

“Brett Martin was generous enough to provide us with some of the photographs he took inside the Breaking Bad writer’s room during the writing on Season 4, and while much of the season is clearly already mapped out in the cards, there are also several cards that don’t line up with what we actually saw transpire in season four. They were obviously ideas and thoughts the writers had about the direction of the season before everything was finalized, and I think it’s fascinating to see some of the paths not taken.” —Dustin Rowles, Inside the Breaking Bad Writers’ Room and a glimpse at storylines not pursued

The creative team behind Breaking Bad divulge how they created the stories for a show that was recently named one of the best written TV series of all time: The Writers’ Room Episode 1, Season 1. Here’s a viewing tip.

“Vince Gilligan, he’s the devil. He is smarter than you. He is luckier than you. Whatever you think is supposed to happen, I’m telling you, the exact reverse opposite of that is gonna happen. Vince isn’t afraid to write long action scenes. Often, a TV drama is mostly dialog. Speaking of dialog, the way Vince writes is considered in these days. Forget Calder Willingham, William Goldman, Quentin Tarantino or even Richard Price. If you want to be read, write it like Gilligan.”

These scripts are here because the only way to learn how to write a TV script is to read A LOT of other TV scripts, and there aren’t many places you can do that. (NOTE: For educational purposes only)

Breaking Bad 1x01 — The Pilot
Breaking Bad 3x01 — No Mas
Breaking Bad 3x03 — IFT
Breaking Bad 3x08 — I See You

HDPLEX
post #3987 of 4104 Old 10-29-2013, 08:40 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Here's a link to the epaper version of the Breaking Bad special section in today's paper:

http://epaper.abqjournal.com/Olive/ODE/AJSPECIALS/Default.aspx?href=SPE/2013/10/29&PageNo=1
post #3988 of 4104 Old 10-29-2013, 09:01 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked: 537
Boy, Albuquerque is sure trying to milk those last few seconds from their 15 minutes of BB fame, aren't they? tongue.gif
scowl likes this.
post #3989 of 4104 Old 10-29-2013, 10:19 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

Boy, Albuquerque is sure trying to milk those last few seconds from their 15 minutes of BB fame, aren't they? tongue.gif

Walter White Day .. ?? tongue.gif

post #3990 of 4104 Old 10-29-2013, 11:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 66
Its over when I say its over, " ITS OVER ".

RIP John, my best friend. Oct 17th 1966 - Nov 13th 2010

RIP Victor, my dad, June 26th 1927 - April 13th 2011
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page