AVS Forum banner

Breaking Bad on AMCHD

245K views 4K replies 269 participants last post by  WilliamR 
#1 ·
AMCHD was running a marathon tonight of the first season of Breaking Bad. The entire season was available in HD on Comcast on Demand. But on AMCHD tonight, the program was not shown in HD but was shown in SD letterbox that was stretched to eliminate the side columns. Aaargh. Unwatchable.

I don't know why AMCHD wouldn't show this award-winning show in HD since it has an HD transfer. And even if they couldn't show it in HD, they at least should have zoomed to preserve the OAR rather than stretching the letterbox.

Any ideas what's up here?

#3,455 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzzin  /t/1071904/breaking-bad-on-amchd/3440_20#post_23758087

On the topic of Breaking Bad song parodies, I saw this one the other day. Thought it was hilarious:

another very funny one... thx!

#3,456 ·
What a night for TV! You know how many viewers are going to be glued to the tube?

I would be watching Breaking Bad but I'm like 2 seasons behind. Dishnetwork cut AMC a year or two back and I never caught up from that point. Fantastic and tremendous show.. just never caught up for some odd reason

#3,460 ·
Ever since I watched the first season and saw bitter Walter lashing out at Gretchen (in a restaurant!) over Gray Matter thirty years after it happened, I was hoping and hoping that the show would circle back to the point in Walter's life when he felt everything in the world started conspiring against him. I'm so glad the show didn't take a simple straight storyline and have him just take revenge on the Nazis like almost everyone expected. Taking out Gretchen and Elliot (and that ugly yellow tie) would be Walter's ultimate goal in his miserable life.

#3,462 ·
Eliot and Gretch revived Heinsenberg with the talk about the sweet Walter White being gone. Those smug *******s made Walt determined again, cancer or no cancer.

BTW, they could have done this over at least 3 more episodes. AMC would only give Gilligan 16 episodes but now, I bet they wish they'd given more.

#3,464 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaTaGuMp  /t/1071904/breaking-bad-on-amchd/3450#post_23762010

I am now offering my card playing services, the price is 10k per hour plus expenses. PM me to sign up.

That was simply sad, simply sad...

I thought Lydia was going to piss off Todd, with the overly cautious behavior that's more attention grabbing than anything. You would think she learned something from Mike.

It was nice to see Carmen, I missed her

Djoel

#3,468 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitusTroy  /t/1071904/breaking-bad-on-amchd/3000#post_23715326

great to see Andrea and Brock again...looks like Brock recognized Walt as the guy who poisoned him...hopefully we get 1 final callback to Gray Matter Technologies (Elliot and Gretchen) as well before the end

Vince Gilligan was listening to me...great to see another Gray Matter scene with Gretchen and Elliott...I give Breaking Bad a lot of credit for pretty much wrapping up every single plot thread...they really have made it a point to reference and/or resolve literally every story point even going all the way back to Season 1...unlike other shows (LOST, Sopranos etc) which left dangling threads for the user to interpret on their own we are truly getting an 'ending' with Breaking Bad...can't ask for more then that

overall I did find this episode a bit of a step down but I think it's basically a setup for the series finale...one thing which was confusing was how much time passed in this episode from when Walt first arrives in New Hampshire to when he leaves...I thought it was 1 month being that the driver told him that he would be stopping by once a month but I'm thinking it had to be longer then that for Walt to grow that much hair

#3,469 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitusTroy  /t/1071904/breaking-bad-on-amchd/3450#post_23762277

Vince Gilligan was listening to me...great to see another Gray Matter scene with Gretchen and Elliott...I give Breaking Bad a lot of credit for pretty much wrapping up every single plot thread...they really have made it a point to reference and/or resolve literally every story point even going all the way back to Season 1...unlike other shows (LOST, Sopranos etc) which left dangling threads for the user to interpret on their own we are truly getting an 'ending' with Breaking Bad...can't ask for more then that

overall I did find this episode a bit of a step down but I think it's basically a setup for the series finale...one thing which was confusing was how much time passed in this episode from when Walt first arrives in New Hampshire to when he leaves...I thought it was 1 month being that the driver told him that he would be stopping by once a month but I'm thinking it had to be longer then that for Walt to grow that much hair

They discussed the timeline on Talking Bad and they estimated Walt was in New Hampshire for 3 or 4 months and that the episode ends a couple of days before his 52nd birthday. That just what they said on Talking Bad, but it's probably correct.

#3,470 ·
Thought this ep was even better than Ozymadias. Can't wait for the FeLiNa.

Truly put an exclamation point on the futility of all of Walt White's empire building. Saul did the exposition of why the money is of no help to the family. He gave Walt the best advice. Walt could not even hear the logic. Sitting in the cabin with a barrel of money that bought almost nothing, completely cut off from the world. Really glad that was shown. Flynn's reaction to his father's call was perfect. And then Heisenberg brought back to life/action by Grey Matter interview.

#3,471 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero  /t/1071904/breaking-bad-on-amchd/3450#post_23762316

Thought this ep was even better than Ozymadias. Can't wait for the FeLiNa.

Huh, I'd heard the title of the final episode before, but I never put together that the name was an amalgam of element symbols. I wonder if that means anything or if it's just the show putting symbols for chemical elements anywhere they can (like the credits).

Man, Jesse just cannot catch a break. He really should have thought out a better escape plan. He knew Andrea and Brock's life was at risk if he tried any funny stuff, so he shouldn't have made a move until he was a little more sure of it's success.

Sad to see that Walt's work will ultimately all be for nothing. I don't see him trucking that giant barrel of money back to ABQ with him, and even if he did, it sounds clear that his family wants none of it. And up until those last few minutes, I was sure the M60 and/or ricin was gonna be for Jack and his crew, but now
. Will he actually go after the Schwarz's with that thing? That would be brutal. But I did hate them diminishing Walt's work for the company just to save face and keep the stock up.

#3,472 ·
I had read this elsewhere. The title is an anagram for "finale" and element-wise lines up with iron, lithium and salt. Others have said: iron for blood, lithium for meth and salt for tears. Seems reasonable and not really a spoiler, just some very clever titling by VG and/or his crew. Not sure how woodworking fits in. It is also a reference to a Marty Robbins' song about doomed fugitives:

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2013/08/05/breaking_bad_final_episode_titled_felina_what_is_felina.html

#3,474 ·
Todd is really sick......

I was actually hoping Jesse would make it out...

Walter White and his old life - "its over".

Heisenberg is a beat-down shell of a man on the verge of insanity.....

I wonder if any of the principle cast will survive...

#3,477 ·
Very good episode, maybe not as good as last week, but come on. Pretty much every BB episode is better than anything else on TV.

Robert Forster, a brilliant casting, [Put it on the list], reminded me of his role in Jackie Brown .I too hope he works with Saul

Why does Saul; have to bail out??? The DEA has his body-guard, but why is Saul backed up???

That scene with Todd at Jesse's gf house, wow, then with Skyler. Jesse Plemons, from FNL, is some actor. He should be in demand going forward...

Walt leaves the phone off the hook in the Bar. About had enough, come and get me??? Until he sees Charlie Rose....[Those condescending Bast***s]. Welcome back Heisenberg.....

Gotta re-watch it.

Why was the Beard from the Comic Book show on Talking Bad??? At least he was lucid.... Cheap shameless plug for the other show

#3,478 ·
I think Walt with use the M60 on both the Schwartz and the Nazis, the first should be also a hard task, he has to pass thru their bodyguards first and the Nazis could be the ones surprised by the attack.

It's kind of odd that Walt has full set of hair but his Chemo treatment is still ongoing..

#3,479 ·
The theme music in the last scene was brilliant!

Exactly what had occurred to me. Finally some sort of melody.

I really expected a lot more about the European connection. I wonder if it was deemed politically incorrect to pursue that plot line.