'Legend of the Seeker' - First run syndication in HD - Page 18 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #511 of 572 Old 05-06-2010, 06:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Oh, hell, ABC was already there when they canceled Invasion.

Josh - GamerTag: ShapeGSX PSN: ShapeGSX
'97 Eclipse GSX - 11.825@117.55mph in the 1/4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #512 of 572 Old 05-06-2010, 10:58 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by bicker1 View Post

And done with Fox after canceling Dollhouse. And done with NBC after canceling V (most likely). And done with CBS because they never provide any programming along these lines.

I didn't know that V was on NBC as well. I've been getting it from ABC.

"What do you say Beckett. Wanna have a baby?" - Castle to Det. Beckett
"How Long have I been gone?" Alexis after arriving home and seeing Castle and Beckett w/ the baby - Castle - 11/25/13
Mr. Video

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #513 of 572 Old 05-06-2010, 11:11 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
For folks with so many "reasons" to not watch any network, it's amazing that we keep finding ourselves back here year after year chatting about these shows.

Or maybe we're smarter than we're letting on -- that we realize that the networks aren't doing anything wrong, and instead we're just frustrated about the way reality works out for us.
post #514 of 572 Old 05-06-2010, 12:21 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I wonder if we should be excited by this:
http://sf-fandom.blogspot.com/2010/0...-page-for.html
post #515 of 572 Old 05-07-2010, 07:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:

For folks with so many "reasons" to not watch any network, it's amazing that we keep finding ourselves back here year after year chatting about these shows.

I haven't been in a thread pertaining to a Fox thread in years, and don't suspect I'll be in an ABC thread next year either.

Quote:

Or maybe we're smarter than we're letting on -- that we realize that the networks aren't doing anything wrong, and instead we're just frustrated about the way reality works out for us.

Obviously from a business sense, especially in the short term, they're doing what they have to do. But there's something to be said for building good will, especially over time. CBS bringing Jericho back for an extra half a season that gave the writers a chance to wrap up some loose ends was nice. Invasion ending on a huge cliff hanger and then just disappearing off the face of the planet was not, and with the likelihood that Flash Forward will do the same I'll be damned if I'm going to bother with another ABC show just to be left hanging.

Plus, going super cancel happy with these shows isn't always the best move. Many of history's top rated shows are shows that would have been canceled long before they ever got popular if they were released in today's cancel happy TV-land. If I recall, even Star Trek had poor ratings early on.

Starting up a new show is the most expensive part, and with as rarely as these things hit it seems odd to assume that the new show is going to do any better than the old one. There have been like 3 or 4 different shows started up in Jericho's old timeslot, all with expensive startup costs and all getting lower ratings than what Jericho was pulling when it was canceled the first time. I understand a show like Flash Forward getting canceled when it's finishing 6th in its timeslot, but it seems like anything that can't hold onto #1 for 5 years straight gets canned. Plus, they've probably known for quite a while that Flash Forward was going to get axed, but still haven't officially announced it yet and now they're done filming. They could have at least given them the heads up early enough to let them write in an ending rather than leaving us hanging, which I'm sure they will.

Sure, giving us an ending doesn't give them any extra money immediately, but good will goes a long ways in consumerism. Why is Amazon the biggest online retailer right now pulling in gobs and gobs of money? Because they've always sacrificed quick money to keep their customers happy. Why is Newegg doing so much better than zipzoomfly, e-wiz, meritline, et all? Because if you buy something on Newegg and the next day it drops in price, if you email them they'll usually credit you the difference even though price adjustments aren't one of their policies. Because 10 bucks here and 3 bucks there has built them enough good will to make it all back 10 times over.

Of course, I'm saying all this with someone who has pretty much no knowledge of the TV production business so take it for what it's worth. But in all avenues of consumerism, spite from your customers will eventually tear you down, even if it takes a long time.

XBL & PSN: Vcize

Hit me up on XBL if you're going to be playing
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
 or the

post #516 of 572 Old 05-07-2010, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeBaGeL View Post

Obviously from a business sense, especially in the short term, they're doing what they have to do. But there's something to be said for building good will, especially over time.

What, exactly? The reality is that American consumers, en masse, have poisoned the pool with their overriding Wal-Mart mentality, making "goodwill" devoid any value whatsoever.

Quote:

CBS bringing Jericho back for an extra half a season that gave the writers a chance to wrap up some loose ends was nice.

Yet if if you ask most fans of Jericho how they feel about CBS they're going to curse them to hell. No good deed goes unpunished.

Quote:

Plus, going super cancel happy with these shows isn't always the best move.

From the standpoint only of our personal preferences as viewers -- not from the standpoint of what's best for the businesses involved. That's the point, with regard to reasonable expectations. Reasonable folks wouldn't expect businesses to do things that aren't the best things for those businesses to do, even though those things are the best things from the standpoint of those folks' personal preferences.

Quote:

Many of history's top rated shows are shows that would have been canceled long before they ever got popular if they were released in today's cancel happy TV-land.

And most of those examples are from back before the American consumer fundamentally changed into a generally exploitative, anti-loyal agent in the market.

Quote:

If I recall, even Star Trek had poor ratings early on.

Star Trek was canceled because of poor ratings.

Quote:

Sure, giving us an ending doesn't give them any extra money immediately, but good will goes a long ways in consumerism.

Not anymore.

Quote:

Why is Amazon the biggest online retailer right now pulling in gobs and gobs of money?

Because they make it very easy to separate you from your money.
post #517 of 572 Old 05-07-2010, 02:45 PM
AVS Club Gold

Here is the latest LotS timing sheet.

Go up a few posts for the 219 timing sheet post and 219 KL images. There was a short scene that I missed that is now included. Ten new images. Just download the zip file again for all of the images.

LotS_220_timing.zip 13.5576171875k . file

"How Long have I been gone?" Alexis after arriving home and seeing Castle and Beckett w/ the baby - Castle - 11/25/13
Mr. Video

post #518 of 572 Old 05-08-2010, 10:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Lococco View Post

I wonder if we should be excited by this:
http://sf-fandom.blogspot.com/2010/0...-page-for.html

It can't hurt to let your voice be heard on saving this series.

The Mod Squad: New vs. Classic TV Series Opening
post #519 of 572 Old 05-08-2010, 07:18 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
there was a bit of excitement about that Facebook page because it was thought it was an official page put up by ABC to gauge viewer interest for a possible reversal of cancellation, but it was started by a fan.
post #520 of 572 Old 05-08-2010, 11:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Save our Seeker" Fan Driven Advertisement Campaign

Legend of the Seeker fans unite and organize a "Thank You/Please Reconsider and Save our Seeker" advertisement campaign in Variety magazine in an effort to have the quest continue with a third season.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
PR Log (Press Release) – May 03, 2010 – Legend of the Seeker fans worldwide unite and organize a "Thank You/Please Reconsider and Save our Seeker" advertisement campaign in Variety in an effort to have the series, or quest, as fans call it, continue with a third season. The series was declined for renewal on March 4, 2010 by the Tribune Company, the series' biggest syndication distributor in the US. At the time ABC had not decided on the future of the series and while no official statement has been released, as of April 26th, reports that the show had been canceled began coming in. Upon the reported news, the passion the fans have for Legend of the Seeker was met with fervor. The ad campaign was instantly organized and fans took to donating, resulting in raising the funds required - to place the ad - within three days.

The campaign has taken on a life of its own and has now increased in intensity and won't stop at raising money for the ad. The fans have been buying DVDs of the first season, buying the episodes on iTunes, pre-ordering the season two DVD, and have taken to Twitter, Facebook, Live Journal, blogging and all over the internet with the endeavor to not only save the series and get a third season, but to spread awareness of the series, as well. Having the show's cast and crew - Bridget Regan [lead actress who portrays the Mother Confessor, Kahlan Amnell], Mike Sussman [Writer and Co-Executive Producer], and Dayna Porter Chiplin [Bridget Regan's stunt double] - jump on board to support and help promote the efforts has given the devotees an even bigger fire than already expressed. A nearly impossible feat, as the fire is intense.

News of the fan driven campaign gained enough momentum in three days to show up on everyone's radar. A few entertainment press publications that have reported on the campaign efforts are The Examiner, TV Guide Magazine and Slice of SciFi. The fans have also received Tweets in support from actresses Felicia Day, Katrina Law, Erin L. Cummings, Lesley Ann Brandt, Vanessa Cater, Rileah Vanderbilt, actor Gabriel Mann, and writer/director/actor Sandeep Parikh, as well as Kristin Dos Santos [E!Online Watch with Kristin] and Damian Holbrook [TV Guide Senior Writer].

Please check the Save our Seeker website for more information on how you can help at: http://www.saveourseeker.com

Legend of the Seeker is based on "The Sword of Truth" books by Terry Goodkind, staring Craig Horner, Bridget Regan, Tabrett Bethell, Bruce Spence and Craig Parker; filmed against the backdrop of beautiful New Zealand.
post #521 of 572 Old 05-09-2010, 06:29 AM

Liked: 16
Quote:

Yes...u r right...many people complain & complain but keep watching. But many dont. I said...I m done with ABC. I was actually in FF but once I find out how ABC treated Defying Gravity...I simply deleted the timer of FF. I only watch Lost (final season). Then I m out of ABC for any shows. I havent watched any show on NBC & CBS. Fox has only 24 & house.

I m tired of investing my time to follow a show....just to found out that its been cancelled after 1 season. No Thanks.
post #522 of 572 Old 05-10-2010, 02:52 AM

So what are you going to do with your leisure time, instead? (Serious question.) I read a lot of books. I just picked up Mountains Beyond Mountains (the story of the founder of Partners in Health). I lead church group meetings in my home a couple of times a month. I play FarmVille. My wife and I plan to do another summer hiking our local reservoir reserve. What will you do, once you've found (arguably very sound) reasons for not watching any television any longer?

Perhaps this would be better as a different thread though.
post #523 of 572 Old 05-10-2010, 06:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Not picking up any new shows in their infancy is not the same as not watching television at all.

or the

post #524 of 572 Old 05-10-2010, 01:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 23
Quote:

So what are you going to do with your leisure time, instead? (Serious question.) I read a lot of books. I just picked up Mountains Beyond Mountains (the story of the founder of Partners in Health). I lead church group meetings in my home a couple of times a month. I play FarmVille. My wife and I plan to do another summer hiking our local reservoir reserve. What will you do, once you've found (arguably very sound) reasons for not watching any television any longer?

Perhaps this would be better as a different thread though.

You didn't ask me, but I'll stick my nose into this one anyway.

Personally, I've replaced most of my TV viewing with listening to audio podcasts.

I've always read a lot of books and listened to a lot of audio books, but listening to podcasts is new so that's what is actually replacing the TV time.

Since I'm more interested in Science and Technology rather than all the lawyer, doctor and police junk that dominates prime time TV, I'm finding tons of podcasts that are more interesting to me than the prime time TV shows I was watching.
post #525 of 572 Old 05-11-2010, 04:22 AM

Quote:

Not picking up any new shows in their infancy is not the same as not watching television at all.

Fair enough, but that's a fine approach -- just wait until shows are successful and then try to catch-up. No harm, no foul. Just don't expect shows to be renewed by networks based on your intention to buy the discs or watch reruns on USA network years later. You're essentially moving yourself into the second market. And the second market doesn't drive what is made. Indeed, Heroes does very well internationally, but NBC is still deciding whether to renew it or not because it does so poorly in first run. First run is simply so much more profitable that what does well in first run generally is the best option overall.
post #526 of 572 Old 05-11-2010, 04:53 AM
AVS Special Member

The sexiest lick ever put on film.

post #527 of 572 Old 05-11-2010, 05:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 185
This is one of the reasons this show is faltering, they do not follow the books and some times completely change what they have established in the show. For example, in the last episode Cara asked why they were afraid of the sisters of the dark because magic cannot hurt a mord sith and they stated the sisters were becoming more powerful. No, this is not in the book and flies in the face of what they established in the show. Mord sith are not affected by magic, period, not they are only affected if it is really strong. They need to stay consistent. Even if they are not following the books, at least stay consistent and build the mythology of what you have.

post #528 of 572 Old 05-14-2010, 06:00 PM
AVS Club Gold

Here it is, the next-to-last timing sheet for the season, if not the series.

LotS_221_timing.zip 13.732421875k . file

Mr. Video

post #529 of 572 Old 05-15-2010, 08:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 71
I'm gonna miss this show. I can't believe next week will more than likely be the last show of the series.
post #530 of 572 Old 05-16-2010, 01:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

This is one of the reasons this show is faltering, they do not follow the books and some times completely change what they have established in the show. For example, in the last episode Cara asked why they were afraid of the sisters of the dark because magic cannot hurt a mord sith and they stated the sisters were becoming more powerful. No, this is not in the book and flies in the face of what they established in the show. Mord sith are not affected by magic, period, not they are only affected if it is really strong. They need to stay consistent. Even if they are not following the books, at least stay consistent and build the mythology of what you have.

Worse than that is that Zed, who is clearly still more powerful than the Sisters of the Dark, is still useless against the Mordsith.

So yeah, that, along with Darken Raahl having to trick our merry band into bringing him back to life when he already had all the tools to do it himself, were both pretty mind boggling.

Still, small gripes in what was a good show that will be missed.

or the

post #531 of 572 Old 05-19-2010, 06:22 AM

Liked: 16
Well the last ep for this fantastic show is coming up this weekend.....Good bye...I will miss this show for sure....& now there will be 1 more stupid reality based snoozefest from next weekend.
post #532 of 572 Old 05-21-2010, 06:08 PM
AVS Club Gold

Sigh, here is the finale timing sheet. I was thinking of posting some images from the finale scene, but nope, I'll make you wait

LotS_222_timing.zip 13.66796875k . file

Mr. Video

post #533 of 572 Old 05-21-2010, 06:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 34
I saw one episode of this show and it made Farscape LOOK GOOD...

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"
post #534 of 572 Old 05-22-2010, 10:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 18
So, is it now time to push Bridget Regan as Wonder Woman in the next SuperHero movie ?

There he goes again... Good Ol' R. Reagan's favorite Troll line !
post #535 of 572 Old 05-22-2010, 02:07 PM

Y'know, as much as she's got the look, so far I haven't seen her project the attitude necessary for the part.
post #536 of 572 Old 05-22-2010, 10:54 PM
AVS Club Gold

Here are the final images of Katrina

There are 29 images. The zip file is 99,103,869 bytes and will take a while to download.

Mr. Video

post #537 of 572 Old 05-22-2010, 11:46 PM
AVS Special Member

I noticed both of the Spartacus gals appeared in the finale for Legend of the Seeker.
Looked like Bridget was channeling Xena in the fight on horseback scenes.
post #538 of 572 Old 05-23-2010, 04:13 AM

So in the end, a good way to end the series. It doesn't match the books of course but that would only matter to people who were expecting to see the books put up on screen verbatim.
post #539 of 572 Old 05-23-2010, 07:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvideo View Post

Here are the final images of Katrina

Is this of Katrina Law? I'm at work and... can't d/l **** apparently because it's that slow.

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"
post #540 of 572 Old 05-23-2010, 08:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipfreak View Post

Is this of Katrina Law? I'm at work and... can't d/l **** apparently because it's that slow.

I put them up on her Facebook page, you don't need to DL them now.
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page