Why does Fox NFL look so bad in HD? - Page 4 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 6Likes

Old 08-23-2015, 07:48 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by dm145 View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by lionsfan54

Time and time again I notice that NFL on Fox looks like crap. It's so bad that sometimes the only way you can tell it's HD is that it's wide screen.

Compared to ABC/ESPN or CBS (the best NFL signal IMHO) it looks soft and crappy.

I've seen this problem OTA, cable, and dish.

I know NBC compresses to add that weather channel, but Fox?

NFL:
FOX-HD via Cablevison NJ is sub par HD
CBS-HD is stellar
NBC-HD falls between the two
ESPN-HD a little better than NBC-HD
Old post but since I live in NJ currently I thought I would put my 2 cents in. I've had Fios and Optimum which is Cablevision and Fox is by far the worst.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2015, 07:51 AM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I should add that I have a place down in Durham NC and Fox looks terrible on TWC too.
Old 08-23-2015, 07:59 AM

Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Liked: 98
I'm on Dish Network. I noticed the first Seahawks first preseason game (vs Broncos) on local Fox channel looked pretty good. Then in the second preseason game (at Kansas City), locally also on Fox but nationally on NFL network, had tons of noise artifacts and looked inferior to the previous week's game. It was so bad I spent a few minutes messing with TV settings, sharpness to 0, MPEG noise on/off, digital clean view all to no avail. It was just an ugly game feed of Dish... There seems to be some inconsistency week to week or location to location.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

taboola here