'Whale Wars' on Animal Planet HD - Page 22 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #631 of 1464 Old 01-06-2010, 03:33 PM
Moderator
 
CPanther95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 23,797
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaTaGuMp View Post

Any idea when that is?

Just "summer" at this point is all I know.

Always a chance that FOX Reality could feature them in an episode of "America's Dumbest Criminals" though - and that could be at any time.
CPanther95 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #632 of 1464 Old 01-06-2010, 04:33 PM
AVS Special Member
 
taz291819's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Huntsville, Al
Posts: 5,983
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpanther95 View Post

just "summer" at this point is all i know.

Always a chance that fox reality could feature them in an episode of "america's dumbest criminals" though - and that could be at any time.

lol

Currently testing 3D with Sammy DLP, shutter glasses, and HTPC
taz291819 is offline  
post #633 of 1464 Old 01-06-2010, 07:07 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Mr. Hanky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 6,070
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Wanderer View Post

South Park exposed these frauds for what they are!



Kudos to that! SP is pretty much on the bullseye with that one.

F'ing dawfeens!!!

I need your sweet love, Rosetta Stone girl!
Mr. Hanky is offline  
post #634 of 1464 Old 01-06-2010, 07:42 PM
AVS Special Member
 
taz291819's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Huntsville, Al
Posts: 5,983
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hanky View Post

Kudos to that! SP is pretty much on the bullseye with that one.

F'ing dawfeens!!!

Actually, the dolphins part of that episode is a little worrisome. Check out the film "The Cove". These guys aren't as bad as the SS'ers, though they believe Sea World is evil.

Currently testing 3D with Sammy DLP, shutter glasses, and HTPC
taz291819 is offline  
post #635 of 1464 Old 01-07-2010, 07:57 PM
Advanced Member
 
Lone Wanderer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 783
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
They sure know how to waste a million $ boat!
Lone Wanderer is offline  
post #636 of 1464 Old 01-07-2010, 08:01 PM
Senior Member
 
Mr Magic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 304
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Rammed Vessel Ady Gil Sinks

On January 8, 2010 at 17:20 (GMT) the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society vessel Bob Barker reported the last known position of another Sea Shepherd vessel, the Ady Gil, to the Australian Rescue Coordination Center (ARCC). This report was made because the Ady Gilwhich was originally going to be towed to a nearby baseis now sinking and could pose a navigation hazard for the next two to three hours.

During the final towing attempt, the ropes holding the Ady Gil in place behind the Bob Barker snappedseemingly the result of water accumulating in the vessel. Upon examination, the Ady Gil was found to be approximately 30% submerged, including the engine room and main fuel tanks.
Mr Magic is offline  
post #637 of 1464 Old 01-07-2010, 08:42 PM
 
Awesomeness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 303
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I can't believe Bob Barker gave those clowns $5,000,000.
Awesomeness is offline  
post #638 of 1464 Old 01-07-2010, 09:18 PM
AVS Special Member
 
WaTaGuMp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The OC
Posts: 1,577
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesomeness View Post

I can't believe Bob Barker gave those clowns $5,000,000.

I can, EVERY time after his Price is Right show he said help control the pet population have your pets spayed or neutered.

RIP John, my best friend. Oct 17th 1966 - Nov 13th 2010

RIP Victor, my dad, June 26th 1927 - April 13th 2011
WaTaGuMp is offline  
post #639 of 1464 Old 01-07-2010, 09:31 PM
 
Awesomeness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 303
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaTaGuMp View Post

I can, EVERY time after his Price is Right show he said help control the pet population have your pets spayed or neutered.

Bob Barker could have given 500 shelters $10,000 each for the same money he gave the Sea Shepherd.

Or if Barker likes sea life, Bob Barker could have put $5,000,000 towards an aquatic center. Heck, he probably could have raised another $5,000,000 towards something like that. It even could have been a whale sanctuary in Japan. They could have played Star Trek 4 non-stop. Maybe hire Lenord Nemoy to swim with the whales.

How much good does giving $5,000,000 to the Sea Shepherd do? Do they make a difference?
Awesomeness is offline  
post #640 of 1464 Old 01-07-2010, 09:41 PM
AVS Special Member
 
WaTaGuMp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The OC
Posts: 1,577
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesomeness View Post

Bob Barker could have given 500 shelters $10,000 each for the same money he gave the Sea Shepherd.

Or if Barker likes sea life, Bob Barker could have put $5,000,000 towards an aquatic center. Heck, he probably could have raised another $5,000,000 towards something like that. It even could have been a whale sanctuary in Japan. They could have played Star Trek 4 non-stop. Maybe hire Lenord Nemoy to swim with the whales.

How much good does giving $5,000,000 to the Sea Shepherd do? Do they make a difference?

Do they make a difference is a matter of opinion. They feel that if the whalers get half of their quota then that's making a difference. The Red Hot Chili Peppers have been a big contributor to their cause also.

RIP John, my best friend. Oct 17th 1966 - Nov 13th 2010

RIP Victor, my dad, June 26th 1927 - April 13th 2011
WaTaGuMp is offline  
post #641 of 1464 Old 01-08-2010, 05:48 AM
Moderator
 
CPanther95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 23,797
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Magic View Post

Rammed Vessel Ady Gil Sinks

On January 8, 2010 at 17:20 (GMT) the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society vessel Bob Barker reported the last known position of another Sea Shepherd vessel, the Ady Gil, to the Australian Rescue Coordination Center (ARCC). This report was made because the Ady Gilwhich was originally going to be towed to a nearby baseis now sinking and could pose a navigation hazard for the next two to three hours.

During the final towing attempt, the ropes holding the Ady Gil in place behind the Bob Barker snappedseemingly the result of water accumulating in the vessel. Upon examination, the Ady Gil was found to be approximately 30% submerged, including the engine room and main fuel tanks.


"Don't give up the ship Moonbeam, if it tips any further, all the water should pour out and it'll right itself"
CPanther95 is offline  
post #642 of 1464 Old 01-08-2010, 05:56 AM
 
Lodef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Northshore, MA
Posts: 3,177
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Some of you people need to get a clue. They have these expensive vessels because there are many, many people who support their cause and donate on a regular basis. Just because you would never do so, does not mean others won't as well.
Lodef is offline  
post #643 of 1464 Old 01-08-2010, 06:18 AM
 
Nowucmenowudont's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 361
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The only episode I care to watch is the one where they are tried and convicted for a death they have caused with their amateur antics.
Nowucmenowudont is offline  
post #644 of 1464 Old 01-08-2010, 06:20 AM
Moderator
 
CPanther95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 23,797
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodef View Post

Some of you people need to get a clue. They have these expensive vessels because there are many, many people who support their cause and donate on a regular basis. Just because you would never do so, does not mean others won't as well.

I don't see anyone denying that they are well funded. Many terrorist groups are flush with financial support, but the size of a group's bank account doesn't legitimize their actions.

What's comical is the fact that these idiots are able to attract so much financial support despite their incompetence. Makes you wonder if some of them are donating just so they can see them fail on a much grander scale - for their own amusement. If I had money to burn, I'd be tempted to donate some wacky stuff to Sea Shepherd just to see how much trouble they could get into - like maybe a submarine, or a blimp.
CPanther95 is offline  
post #645 of 1464 Old 01-08-2010, 06:53 AM
 
Awesomeness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 303
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowucmenowudont View Post

The only episode I care to watch is the one where they are tried and convicted for a death they have caused with their amateur antics.

I want to see Somalian pirates attack the Sea Shepherd.
Awesomeness is offline  
post #646 of 1464 Old 01-08-2010, 07:43 AM
AVS Special Member
 
taz291819's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Huntsville, Al
Posts: 5,983
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPanther95 View Post

I don't see anyone denying that they are well funded. Many terrorist groups are flush with financial support, but the size of a group's bank account doesn't legitimize their actions.

What's comical is the fact that these idiots are able to attract so much financial support despite their incompetence. Makes you wonder if some of them are donating just so they can see them fail on a much grander scale - for their own amusement. If I had money to burn, I'd be tempted to donate some wacky stuff to Sea Shepherd just to see how much trouble they could get into - like maybe a submarine, or a blimp.

A submarine, LOL, that's awesome! Those chuckle heads would probably end up running into a whale with it.

I can't believe their new stealth vessel didn't make it 1 season. Well, actually, I can.

Currently testing 3D with Sammy DLP, shutter glasses, and HTPC
taz291819 is offline  
post #647 of 1464 Old 01-08-2010, 08:00 AM
AVS Special Member
 
mx6bfast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Delray Beach, FL
Posts: 6,891
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPanther95 View Post

What's comical is the fact that these idiots are able to attract so much financial support despite their incompetence. Makes you wonder if some of them are donating just so they can see them fail on a much grander scale - for their own amusement. If I had money to burn, I'd be tempted to donate some wacky stuff to Sea Shepherd just to see how much trouble they could get into - like maybe a submarine, or a blimp.

You could start a movement to send them unused BUD's or E*/D* dishes so they can act like they have those sounds things that the jap's have.

HEY, you viewing dumbasses!

NOW!
NEW!
ALL NEW!

(insert name of show here)
NEXT!
8/9 PM ET
TUESDAY!
NEXT WEEK!
IN 2 WEEKS!



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
mx6bfast is offline  
post #648 of 1464 Old 01-08-2010, 08:26 AM
Moderator
 
CPanther95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 23,797
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 73
I wonder if this company makes flare guns?

CPanther95 is offline  
post #649 of 1464 Old 01-08-2010, 08:28 AM
AVS Special Member
 
WaTaGuMp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The OC
Posts: 1,577
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPanther95 View Post

I don't see anyone denying that they are well funded. Many terrorist groups are flush with financial support, but the size of a group's bank account doesn't legitimize their actions.

What's comical is the fact that these idiots are able to attract so much financial support despite their incompetence. Makes you wonder if some of them are donating just so they can see them fail on a much grander scale - for their own amusement. If I had money to burn, I'd be tempted to donate some wacky stuff to Sea Shepherd just to see how much trouble they could get into - like maybe a submarine, or a blimp.

I wouldn't give them 1 cent, I rather watch them fail at other peoples expense.

RIP John, my best friend. Oct 17th 1966 - Nov 13th 2010

RIP Victor, my dad, June 26th 1927 - April 13th 2011
WaTaGuMp is offline  
post #650 of 1464 Old 01-08-2010, 09:59 AM
 
Lodef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Northshore, MA
Posts: 3,177
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPanther95 View Post

I don't see anyone denying that they are well funded. Many terrorist groups are flush with financial support, but the size of a group's bank account doesn't legitimize their actions.

What's comical is the fact that these idiots are able to attract so much financial support despite their incompetence. Makes you wonder if some of them are donating just so they can see them fail on a much grander scale - for their own amusement. If I had money to burn, I'd be tempted to donate some wacky stuff to Sea Shepherd just to see how much trouble they could get into - like maybe a submarine, or a blimp.

Really panther, you think people just throw their money away and really do not believe in the cause they are donating too. That is a ridiculous statement!
Lodef is offline  
post #651 of 1464 Old 01-08-2010, 10:11 AM
 
Nowucmenowudont's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 361
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodef View Post

Really panther, you think people just throw their money away and really do not believe in the cause they are donating too. That is a ridiculous statement!

I reread his post five times and that was never said. I saw the words, "makes you wonder" and "some of them", but nothing more than that.

BTW...I'd personally separate the idea of donating to a group of amateurs with a boat and stink bombs from those folks actually fighting for a cause. These jokers are doing nothing more than putting themselves, their "opposition", and any possible rescue personnel in danger. Give the Super Troopers squad a boat and you would basically have the Sea Shepard crew.


Nowucmenowudont is offline  
post #652 of 1464 Old 01-08-2010, 10:31 AM
Moderator
 
CPanther95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 23,797
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodef View Post

Really panther, you think people just throw their money away and really do not believe in the cause they are donating too. That is a ridiculous statement!


Just about all terrorist groups have a radical devoted following willing to offer financing to support the cause.

I'm just saying, the entertainment value alone is enough incentive for someone wealthier than dirt to donate hoping to fully exploit their ineptitude. Unless they start to actually become effective and kill one of their targets - then it becomes much less funny.

I hope this show is the first of many docucomedies to follow.
CPanther95 is offline  
post #653 of 1464 Old 01-08-2010, 10:34 AM
 
Lodef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Northshore, MA
Posts: 3,177
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowucmenowudont View Post

I reread his post five times and that was never said. I saw the words, "makes you wonder" and "some of them", but nothing more than that.

BTW...I'd personally separate the idea of donating to a group of amateurs with a boat and stink bombs from those folks actually fighting for a cause. These jokers are doing nothing more than putting themselves, their "opposition", and any possible rescue personnel in danger. Give the Super Troopers squad a boat and you would basically have the Sea Shepard crew.



It took me only once to read his post and I understood it fine.
Lodef is offline  
post #654 of 1464 Old 01-08-2010, 10:45 AM
 
Nowucmenowudont's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 361
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodef View Post

It took me only once to read his post and I understood it fine.

Apparently not.
Nowucmenowudont is offline  
post #655 of 1464 Old 01-08-2010, 10:49 AM
Moderator
 
CPanther95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 23,797
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaTaGuMp View Post

I wouldn't give them 1 cent, I rather watch them fail at other peoples expense.

Are you honestly telling me that if you found a great deal on a couple parachutes on ebay, you wouldn't donate them to the Sea Shepherds just to see what they might do with them?

I know I would.
CPanther95 is offline  
post #656 of 1464 Old 01-08-2010, 11:33 AM
AVS Special Member
 
WaTaGuMp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The OC
Posts: 1,577
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPanther95 View Post

Are you honestly telling me that if you found a great deal on a couple parachutes on ebay, you wouldn't donate them to the Sea Shepherds just to see what they might do with them?

I know I would.

I rather give the whalers something to use on the Sea Shepherds.

RIP John, my best friend. Oct 17th 1966 - Nov 13th 2010

RIP Victor, my dad, June 26th 1927 - April 13th 2011
WaTaGuMp is offline  
post #657 of 1464 Old 01-08-2010, 11:40 AM
 
Nowucmenowudont's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 361
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
How ironic would it be if a whale attacked the Sea Shepherd or if some action taken by them resulted in the death of a whale? I'm hoping they cross the line at some point and get locked up.
Nowucmenowudont is offline  
post #658 of 1464 Old 01-08-2010, 11:49 AM
Moderator
 
CPanther95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 23,797
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaTaGuMp View Post

I rather give the whalers something to use on the Sea Shepherds.

If they were smart, they'd save the processing waste and send that through their hoses.

I guess they figured out that coating the Bat Boat with Kevlar doesn't make it impervious to shipping.
CPanther95 is offline  
post #659 of 1464 Old 01-08-2010, 11:52 AM
 
Lodef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Northshore, MA
Posts: 3,177
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPanther95 View Post

Just about all terrorist groups have a radical devoted following willing to offer financing to support the cause.

I'm just saying, the entertainment value alone is enough incentive for someone wealthier than dirt to donate hoping to fully exploit their ineptitude. Unless they start to actually become effective and kill one of their targets - then it becomes much less funny.

I hope this show is the first of many docucomedies to follow.

Panther why don't you and a few others here , just be honest with yourselves and face the fact that many people believe what they are doing is rightful in their minds and donate mostly on that basis alone. To think otherwise is just another way of you and others demeaning them because you do not agree with their cause or tactics they use. People can come to their own conclusions believe it or not and with the funding they receive, many apparently do to their benefit even though you hate to hear that could even be possible.
Lodef is offline  
post #660 of 1464 Old 01-08-2010, 12:05 PM
Moderator
 
CPanther95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 23,797
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodef View Post

Panther why don't you and a few others here , just be honest with yourselves and face the fact that many people believe what they are doing is rightful in their minds and donate mostly on that basis alone. To think otherwise is just another way of you and others demeaning them because you do not agree with their cause or tactics they use. People can come to their own conclusions believe it or not and with the funding they receive, many apparently do to their benefit even though you hate to hear that could even be possible.

How many times do I have to reword what I said for you to finally understand it. I never denied that there are radicals willing to donate to a terrorist group - or that they aren't fully dedicated to the cause for which they donate their money, time or life.

Just for your benefit:

I believe that the vast majority of, if not all, donors to the Sea Shepherd organization fully agree with the terrorist tactics that they employ. I also believe that they are donating their money under no duress and fully exercising their free will. I also believe that any terrorist group that can get exposure from releasing videos on the internet, or through a major cable network - will increase their fund-raising from being able to locate like minded individuals dedicate to the same cause.


Now I also reserve the right (should I ever obtain more money than I could possibly spend) to donate money, equipment, advise, or explosives to the Sea Shepherd organization - for entertainment purposes only. Should I do so, it is not to be interpreted as an endorsement of their terrorist activities. It would be simply to see what kind of shananigans they could get themselves into.
CPanther95 is offline  
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off