'Leverage' on TNT HD - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 07-16-2009, 12:51 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Liked: 555
I thought this episode was excellent. The patented snarky one liners continued to flow and the story was exciting. I am looking forward to more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2009, 07:33 PM
AVS Addicted Member

I started thinking about the first episode a little while ago and realized how much funny stuff there had been in it. Perhaps the funniest one liner of the episode was delivered, as usual, by Alec as he and the rest of the gang are sitting in a bar trying to talk Nathan into getting involved with them again. Alec says to Nathan, See what you did, you took the world's best criminals, hitter, hacker, grifter, thief, you took us and you broke us.

I also enjoyed the first scene in which Nathan, while being interviewed for a job at an insurance company, noticed from the body language of the rank and file employees that they were miserable and walked out before the guy who was interviewing him could offer him the job.
Old 07-17-2009, 12:50 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Can someone help me out, please? My DVR cut off the end of the Season 2 premiere, so I don't know what happened.

SPOILERS

Hardison had just told Nate that he'd bought the building, thus making Hardison Nate's landlord. Then it looked like someone cutting through a wall with a chainsaw, from the other side. That's where it stopped for me. What happened after that?

END SPOILERS

Help!

And thanks!
Old 07-17-2009, 02:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orbert View Post

Can someone help me out, please? My DVR cut off the end of the Season 2 premiere, so I don't know what happened.

SPOILERS

Hardison had just told Nate that he'd bought the building, thus making Hardison Nate's landlord. Then it looked like someone cutting through a wall with a chainsaw, from the other side. That's where it stopped for me. What happened after that?

END SPOILERS

Help!

And thanks!

Nothing...that was it...at least on my DVR.

I don't lurk as much as I used to and I NEVER listen. Comes from being old and cynical.

Old 07-17-2009, 02:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:

SPOILERS

Hardison had just told Nate that he'd bought the building, thus making Hardison Nate's landlord. Then it looked like someone cutting through a wall with a chainsaw, from the other side. That's where it stopped for me. What happened after that? I don't think there was another word spoken after where your recording cut off.

END SPOILERS

Help!

And thanks!

It was Elliot that had the chainsaw and he was doing renovations to the place. Hardison and Parker smiled real big and put their arms around Nate's shoulders and Elliot was grinning from ear to ear, chainsaw in hand and wearing safety goggles amidst a lot of dust where the section of wall fell into the room and then it faded to black.
Old 07-17-2009, 05:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 138
TNT has been running over a lot this season. I now pad my recordings a by 3 minutes.
Old 07-17-2009, 05:48 PM

Thanks!

Yeah, I adjusted mine to add 3 minutes (starting next week).

I guess the idea is that now that they own the building, they can turn the existing apartments (however many there are) into a nice office suite similar to what they had before, and it'll be the new Leverage headquarters, thus Elliot and his "remodeling".
Old 07-17-2009, 06:30 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

SPOILERS

END SPOILERS

FYI, your spoiler warnings were unnecessary. The rule is that unless a thread discussing a TV series is marked "No Spoilers," discussion of anything that happened in an episode or preview that has been shown first run is fair game. The rule can make things a little tough for posters who live in the Mountain or Pacific time zones but there it is.
Old 07-22-2009, 08:45 PM
AVS Special Member

I thought tonight's episode was a bit weak, last week wasn't too bad, but this week's episode just didn't seem as slick as last season's stuff. I hope it gets in gear, it was awesome last year, but so far this year seems a bit blah.
Old 07-24-2009, 01:59 PM

Agreed. The twist where the bad guy got wise to them was interesting, and it led to some speculation as to whether or not he was supposed to "figure it out" and that in turn was going to trap him, but no, he really did have them in a pinch. The twist with Elliot and the water was also kinda cool. I really believed that he'd been drugged, and was such a bad*ass that it didn't disable him but rather "took the safety off" as Sophie said. But when Tank ended up dead, that had to be part of the con. Even if the death was accidental, that's a bit too dark for the Leverage guys.

So a couple of twists, but the plot itself it wasn't good enough. The first half reminded me a lot of The Sting, with Nate as Henry Gondorf and Rucker as Doyle Lonnegan. The game is fixed, the mark is repeatedly insulted to the point where he doesn't see the sting coming, Nate played it as a drunk, and they even lifted Rucker's wallet just as Lonnegan's was in The Sting. The parallels were enough to make it derivative, but not enough to make it a true tribute to a classic.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:23 PM
AVS Addicted Member

I agree that Leverage has done a lot better than they managed in this week's show. I did laugh, though, when, after the Nebraska bad guy figured out their first scam, one of the gang said something about having just got beat by Barney Fife.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:09 PM
AVS Special Member

I thought tonight was pretty good, more Parker is always a good thing I'm not sure how well I like sober Nate though. This season still isn't as good as the first season, I wonder if they rushed this one to air a bit too quickly. I'm sure it will get back in gear, I miss HQ and their main nemesis, Sterling.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:07 PM
Advanced Member

Do they repeat episodes during the week? I missed it tonight.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teisco View Post

Do they repeat episodes during the week? I missed it tonight.

My guide is listing only one replay and it just ended. Same for next week, the original at 9:00 and the replay at 11:00 EDT.
Old 07-30-2009, 04:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I thought this episode was easily the the worst of the series' short run. Agree with above poster about it feeling rushed -- and don't like sober Nate either. So far this second season doesn't hold a candle to the first. It's as if the entire tone has changed. Not for the better.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sangs View Post

I thought this episode was easily the the worst of the series' short run. Agree with above poster about it feeling rushed -- and don't like sober Nate either. So far this second season doesn't hold a candle to the first. It's as if the entire tone has changed. Not for the better.

We disagree on it being the worst, I thought last week's was the worst of the series so far, I actually thought this might have been the best ep of the season. But, it does seem to have lost something this year. It's like they are just going through the paces. I'm still there every week and will continue to be there, but I hope it gets that spark it previously had.

It's like they planned out season #1 and didn't plan on a follow up for this year, or hopefully they just rushed Season #2 into production and they just hadn't really figured out where they were going from the end of Season#1.
Old 07-30-2009, 08:52 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebkell View Post

It's like they planned out season #1 and didn't plan on a follow up for this year, or hopefully they just rushed Season #2 into production and they just hadn't really figured out where they were going from the end of Season#1.

I agree that this season has lost a step from last year, so far at least. It seems unfocused, which very well might have been the result of poor planning. I still enjoy the show because it's a lot of fun to see horrible people get their just deserts at the hands of the gang. I enjoyed the interior shots of the old WPA United States Courthouse. Once I saw the bronze elevator doors and the varnished hallway doors leading to offices, I knew what it was.

The idea of having Eliot, who was as usual sporting several days' growth of beard and a ponytail, pose as a uniformed police officer was a bit more than I could take. Alec, though, looked every inch the cop and Parker looked more like a nurse than most nurses. Whether or not Leverage has lost a step, it's still a lot of fun.
Old 07-30-2009, 09:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

I agree that this season has lost a step from last year, so far at least. It seems unfocused, which very well might have been the result of poor planning. I still enjoy the show because it's a lot of fun to see horrible people get their just deserts at the hands of the gang. I enjoyed the interior shots of the old WPA United States Courthouse. Once I saw the bronze elevator doors and the varnished hallway doors leading to offices, I knew what it was.

The idea of having Eliot, who was as usual sporting several days' growth of beard and a ponytail, pose as a uniformed police officer was a bit more than I could take. Alec, though, looked every inch the cop and Parker looked more like a nurse than most nurses. Whether or not Leverage has lost a step, it's still a lot of fun.

Unfocused is the perfect adjective to describe this season. Well done g!
Old 07-30-2009, 09:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Bummer..

Hope it picks up

My mom works for Sony, and she brought home a copy of "Starhawk BETA"
I quickly slipped it into my trusty PS3, and started playing.

GOOZEX Game/Movie Exchange
Old 07-30-2009, 06:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

The idea of having Eliot, who was as usual sporting several days' growth of beard and a ponytail, pose as a uniformed police officer was a bit more than I could take...

That too annoyed me. One or two episodes back he was dressed as an executive, same thing, it goes beyond artistic license all the way to insulting your viewers.

In law enforcement undercover work it is normal to 'grunge' up an officer, but doesn't work the other way around.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:28 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 449 Post(s)
Liked: 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett Adams View Post

That too annoyed me. One or two episodes back he was dressed as an executive, same thing, it goes beyond artistic license all the way to insulting your viewers.

In law enforcement undercover work it is normal to 'grunge' up an officer, but doesn't work the other way around.

Not to mention the actor's hair looks ridiculous to begin with, and it seems to me, everything I've ever seen him in he's had this long hair thing going on.
Old 07-31-2009, 07:47 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan View Post

Not to mention the actor's hair looks ridiculous to begin with, and it seems to me, everything I've ever seen him in he's had this long hair thing going on.

Yeah, he is the weak link in this series. The only place he could be inconspicuous would be on skid row, or maybe in a biker bar.
Old 07-31-2009, 09:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan View Post

He used to be on Angel and was more of a junior executive type. He's buffed up considerably since then.

Phil Tomaskovic
Old 07-31-2009, 02:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 125
If we're nit-picking... the more egregious thing to me isn't his hair or beard... but that somehow they were able to commandeer an entire floor of a hospital without no one (except the eventual barney fife security guard) finding them... AND the FBI and albeit "fake" US Marshall just accepted the local police.

Heck, the real law enforcement never questioned them... it was the fake Marshall that discovered something was amiss.

Yeah baby!  It's Halloween!
Old 07-31-2009, 07:59 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by sangs View Post

Good cause it is the only one I have seen and I had my doubts I'd keep a season pass for it. Just about everything was hard to accept but the car keys above the visor more or less did me in.
Old 08-01-2009, 03:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles R View Post

Good cause it is the only one I have seen and I had my doubts I'd keep a season pass for it. Just about everything was hard to accept but the car keys above the visor more or less did me in.

Yeah, don't base your decision on that episode. In fact, if you can find a way, make sure to watch the first season before diving in at all. I must admit, if this season was my first experience with "Leverage," I'd probably have stopped watching by now. Unlike "Burn Notice" -- which just keeps getting better and better. I'm hoping this is just a small bump in the road.
Old 08-01-2009, 10:29 AM

I enjoy Leverage but although I do like the long hair on Eliot more times than not I think either Nate or Hardison should go undercover as the cop .
Any news on Christian Kane's CD album release ? I wish they had to do a job on the show where Eliot had to sing . Eliot is my favorite on the show and I love that while Eliot is the 'hitter' he has a very soft spoken voice which is sexy and mesmerizing !
Also is Maggie going to return as Nate's ex wife ? Her and Nate have amazing chemistry which I've never seen with him and Sophia at all .
Also Parker/Hardison is always great though at one time I was hoping Parker/Eliot might get together but now want somebody new for Eliot and no not Sophia who alot seem to think would be a great couple UGH !
Old 08-05-2009, 02:00 PM

This episode seem to be alot better picture quality.It was more sharp than most leverage shows,that tend to be very soft.Also is Sophie-Gina pregnant?
Old 08-05-2009, 04:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by meet View Post

Also is Sophie-Gina pregnant?

I noticed that as well. There was one particular scene near the end of the episode where it seemed to be very evident. Same in the last series, I thought she looked pregnant then also.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:43 PM
AVS Special Member

It seems to be getting a bit better each week, had the FBI agents back again this week. The ratings have been good enough, so surely we'll get a 3rd season and hopefully the writers will have enough time to develop some better scripts.

Prowling around on the web and Sohpie/Gina is pregnant. Not a lot about it, but a comment here and there and I think it's on a wiki page somewhere. Search Gina Bellman pregnant and you'll get several hits.