'Wipeout' on ABC HD - Page 8 - AVS Forum
First ... 6  7  8 9  10  ... Last
HDTV Programming > 'Wipeout' on ABC HD
Shedrock's Avatar Shedrock 03:29 PM 06-23-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi View Post

The new obstacle course is funny as hell, but I fail to see what the point is if they make it virtually impossible for anyone to successfully negotiate?

I wish they would have replaced the "Sucker Punch Wall" with this new obstacle, because they are so similar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac The Knife View Post

And the entry to the final wipeout zone is the most boring that I can recall.

It seemed to me like that obstacle was calibrated really bad - the contestants were landing almost in the pool from momentum alone.

Kib's Avatar Kib 08:03 PM 06-23-2010
Me loves 'fence slapper'

Impossible and unfair? Absolutely. Best Wipeouts, no question.
spyder696969's Avatar spyder696969 09:12 PM 06-23-2010
Roughly 80+% of the obstacles are absurdly unfair and nearly impossible to navigate without "wiping out."

That's what makes this show so damn good and aptly named!
Vipfreak's Avatar Vipfreak 10:18 PM 06-23-2010
This week they showed a clip of the big balls with movement (them going up and down) and I thought it would be in this episode, especially since they said "we've taken our obstacles to the next level". Maybe it's in the next few episodes.

Either way if they did make it moving, it will be even harder to get though the big balls and that's tough as it is already. lol

I can't believe these people don't get hurt in some way, but the make great Wipeouts!
filtor's Avatar filtor 10:31 AM 06-24-2010
Did anyone notice they didn't mention or show that black girl at all? I thought that was odd since she made it past the first level ... ?? Maybe she just wasn't interesting?

I really liked the episode and Jill was looking verrrrry nice. The "barely legal lawyer" jabs were hilarious.
MikeKlim's Avatar MikeKlim 10:56 AM 06-24-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by filtor View Post

The "barely legal lawyer" jabs were hilarious.

Agreed, they have some of the best one-liners. I wish Jim Henson would do another Talk Soup. There were so many times I had tears in my eyes from laughing when he was on that show.
jamieva's Avatar jamieva 12:28 PM 06-24-2010
John Henson....Jim Henson is the muppets guy
Mac The Knife's Avatar Mac The Knife 02:22 PM 06-24-2010
"Jim" Henson on JKL during the power outage.

MikeKlim's Avatar MikeKlim 05:30 PM 06-24-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieva View Post

Doh! LOL!
mesaboy's Avatar mesaboy 06:27 PM 06-24-2010
Quote:

I really liked the episode and Jill was looking verrrrry nice.

Not as nice as tonight. Thank you JW!
DaveFi's Avatar DaveFi 06:57 PM 06-24-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieva View Post

And very much deceased.
drocpsu's Avatar drocpsu 08:36 PM 06-24-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder696969 View Post

Roughly 80+% of the obstacles are absurdly unfair and nearly impossible to navigate without "wiping out."

That's what makes this show so damn good and aptly named!

After watching Tuesday's episode, I thought the same thing! Especially that wall/fence slapper thing. There's like no way to get past that without getting wiped out! Some of the new ones are just ridiculous....like Tuesday's final one where the contestants had to hit the little trampoline and get through the shapes in the big ring. Even if they were able to actually land inthe opening, you wouldnt be able to make it to the landing platform unless you rode it up to the top and jumped out (like one person did). The show is really funny, but I'm not as much a fan of the new wipeout zone either. If someone can get through it in ~3 minutes, then it's definitely not hard enough!!
Vipfreak's Avatar Vipfreak 08:38 PM 06-24-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy View Post

Not as nice as tonight. Thank you JW!

I saw there is one on tonight! I'm PST Is it really a new one!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!!??!!? Please say yes!!!!!
WaTaGuMp's Avatar WaTaGuMp 09:10 PM 06-24-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipfreak View Post

I saw there is one on tonight! I'm PST Is it really a new one!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!!??!!? Please say yes!!!!!

Yes its a new one, the big balls are moving. Oh Emm Gee Jill looks amazing.
Vipfreak's Avatar Vipfreak 09:20 PM 06-24-2010
:hyper ventilate: OMG OMFG!
WaTaGuMp's Avatar WaTaGuMp 09:40 PM 06-24-2010
Jill was doing some dancing. SCHWINGGGGGGGGGGGGGG.
mesaboy's Avatar mesaboy 10:41 PM 06-24-2010
I've gotta put Mercury on my list.
domino92024's Avatar domino92024 10:47 PM 06-24-2010
Corny sound effects + constant inane commentary = change the channel.
mesaboy's Avatar mesaboy 10:58 PM 06-24-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by domino92024 View Post

Corny sound effects + constant inane commentary = change the channel.

There's sound effects and commentary? Never noticed....
Vipfreak's Avatar Vipfreak 01:34 AM 06-25-2010
OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's not only on Tues but Thurs as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it's twice the ****ing Wipeouts during the week!!!!!!!!!! Mind boggled.

I'd like to send a hawt shout out to Jill! xD

LMAO!!! HAHAHAHAHAAHAHA @ the Door Knock!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Move over bigballs.

Edit
: LMAO!!! Oh Christ can't get enough of the Door Knock watching it over!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!!!!!
filtor's Avatar filtor 07:52 AM 06-25-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaTaGuMp View Post

Jill was doing some dancing. SCHWINGGGGGGGGGGGGGG.

Yes inDEED! She was looking extra adorable last night ... she should always wear the shortie shirts.
AlexM3456's Avatar AlexM3456 08:17 AM 06-25-2010
HI! Im new here and I love Wipeout, so I figured that I might as well comment on this one first! OK,Wipeout Is a great show and I thoroughly enjoy it! It is great summer fun and laughs. Wipeout is going to be on Thursdays for the next 3 weeks and then it will only go back to being on Tuesdays.
WaTaGuMp's Avatar WaTaGuMp 09:14 AM 06-25-2010
Quote:

Yes inDEED! She was looking extra adorable last night ... she should WEAR A BIKINI INSTEAD.

Fixed your quote.
filtor's Avatar filtor 11:34 AM 06-25-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaTaGuMp View Post

Fixed your quote.

I agree but think THIS would be too much to hope for ...

WOW!
spyder696969's Avatar spyder696969 11:46 AM 06-25-2010
Quote:

Yes inDEED! She was looking extra adorable last night ... she should always wear NOTHING.

Fixed WaTaGuMp's fix.
WaTaGuMp's Avatar WaTaGuMp 12:00 PM 06-25-2010
Quote:

I agree but think THIS would be too much to hope for ...

WOW!

I have that same picture,hawwwwwwwwwwwwwt.
WaTaGuMp's Avatar WaTaGuMp 12:02 PM 06-25-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder696969 View Post

Fixed WaTaGuMp's fix.

I wanted to keep the show PG.
Vipfreak's Avatar Vipfreak 12:17 PM 06-25-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexM3456 View Post

Wipeout is going to be on Thursdays for the next 3 weeks and then it will only go back to being on Tuesdays.

Wat!?!?!?!?!!??!!?!? Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AlexM3456's Avatar AlexM3456 12:21 PM 06-25-2010
You really like that show don't you? I have never seen such a loyal fan!
Vipfreak's Avatar Vipfreak 12:31 PM 06-25-2010
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol, actually to be honest I think this is the only show I've acted this crazy for. If they made the show just with the Door Knock to go along with Wipeout I'd be in heaven!!! I'd sooooooooooooooooooo love to work there and see all the contestants full runs. That would be an awesome dream job! Nevermind how much it pays.
First ... 6  7  8 9  10  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop