post #1531 of 1550 Old 05-13-2014, 03:24 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt L View Post

I would have much preferred that what happened happened AFTER the wedding. Would have had more impact. You gotta guess Castle's father was behind it.

And just how would have that played out for suspense? With Beckett and Castle in the car together, it would not be the same. Of course, when the new season starts, we'll soon learn that no one was in the car, or that the body was not Castle.

While I don't want the short summer to be over, I do want the new season to start right away. biggrin.gif

"What do you say Beckett. Wanna have a baby?" - Castle to Det. Beckett
"How Long have I been gone?" Alexis after arriving home and seeing Castle and Beckett w/ the baby - Castle - 11/25/13
Mr. Video
My Geek Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1532 of 1550 Old 05-13-2014, 06:45 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvideo View Post

And just how would have that played out for suspense? With Beckett and Castle in the car together, it would not be the same. Of course, when the new season starts, we'll soon learn that no one was in the car, or that the body was not Castle.

While I don't want the short summer to be over, I do want the new season to start right away. biggrin.gif

+1
At one time I would want fall to come for the new football season but now it's to find out what happened when along came Jones of 50's pop music
post #1533 of 1550 Old 05-13-2014, 08:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 57
The voice over kinda ruins the suspense (although it's obvious anyway) when they say next season Castle and Beckett will be solving more crimes.
post #1534 of 1550 Old 05-13-2014, 08:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 48
My bet is that 3XK ran Castle off the road. After all, Rick did pump 2 or 3 slugs into him when he allegedly died.
post #1535 of 1550 Old 05-13-2014, 09:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 73
The way I'd plot it, after the wedding as they are getting ready to leave on their honeymoon, Castle runs out to get something, a last minute surprise for Beckett, and is abducted then. I think it would up the angst, looking for or loosing the new husband right after the happily ever after moment.
post #1536 of 1550 Old 05-14-2014, 06:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by David James View Post

The voice over kinda ruins the suspense (although it's obvious anyway) when they say next season Castle and Beckett will be solving more crimes.

Heh, yah.

OMG! Is Castle really dead? Would they kill off the title character? Oh no! What's going to happen!

"Castle and Beckett return this fall for more adventures on ABC."

Oh....

Not that any logical person would actually think Castle was in the car. And I can't possibly believe Beckett thinks that. But what will be interesting to see is WHO took him and how. Per how this show goes, it won't be a drawn out issue. See y'all again in late September!
post #1537 of 1550 Old 05-14-2014, 08:33 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpeacock22 View Post

Heh, yah.

OMG! Is Castle really dead? Would they kill off the title character? Oh no! What's going to happen!

Oh....

Not that any logical person would actually think Castle was in the car. And I can't possibly believe Beckett thinks that. But what will be interesting to see is WHO took him and how. Per how this show goes, it won't be a drawn out issue. See y'all again in late September!

Well, Beckett (the character) doesn't realize she is on a TV show, and they can't kill the title character. (Hopefully Stana does.)
CruelInventions likes this.
post #1538 of 1550 Old 05-14-2014, 08:35 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpeacock22 View Post

Heh, yah.

Oh....

The point of this show has never been that something portrayed on the show is actually what it seems. Castle's case is no different from all the times a case looked like time travelers, vampires, ghosts or bigfoot were committing the crimes. Obviously, what we've seen so far isn't the case. The key to every event on Castle is how they Scooby-Doo it into revealing what thing grounded in reality really happened.

That's why you tune in in the fall: to find out what really happened to Castle, not to find out if he's dead or not.
bpeacock22 likes this.
post #1539 of 1550 Old 05-14-2014, 08:38 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetworkTV View Post

The point of this show has never been that something portrayed on the show is actually what it seems. Castle's case is no different from all the times a case looked like time travelers, vampires, ghosts or bigfoot were committing the crimes. Obviously, what we've seen so far isn't the case. The key to every event on Castle is how they Scooby-Doo it into revealing what thing grounded in reality really happened.

That's why you tune in in the fall: to find out what really happened to Castle, not to find out if he's dead or not.

I agree. This is what makes this show fun to watch.
post #1540 of 1550 Old 05-14-2014, 10:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 35
Haha I like that. How they Scooby-Doo it. Perfect.
post #1541 of 1550 Old 05-14-2014, 10:28 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetworkTV View Post

ok, now i know why i like this show cool.gif
post #1542 of 1550 Old 05-18-2014, 12:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Almost forgot it was nice to see Scottie Thompson.

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"
post #1543 of 1550 Old 05-18-2014, 04:11 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 176
Boy, did my wife not like the season cliffhanger.

You know, she might be right. We all know they can't kill off Castle unless it was the end of series episode. End of season, who are they kidding.?

With all the difficulty they had getting Kate the divorce, it would have been nice if they would have had the wedding.

Nobody has that much bad luck.

Samsung 64F8500, Panasonic 65VT50, Oppo 95, Tivo Roamio for OTA, Dish VIP722, Marantz AV8801 preamp, Rotel Amps, Atlantic Tech 8200 speakers, Seaton Submersive HP, Calman 5, Chromapure, Accupel DVG-5000, i1Display3pro, i1pro2, eecolor colorbox.
post #1544 of 1550 Old 05-18-2014, 05:59 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 102
The cliffhanger would of been ok if 10 seconds later the announcement didn't tell the viewer about Castle & Becket tracking down criminals (or similar) next season. mad.gif
Really runs the effect with the final shot of Becket in tears, then being told they both will be back (even though we all know he will be).

Abundant OTA television is what makes this country different from all others. Lets keep it this way.
The Internet is no place for streaming video.
post #1545 of 1550 Old 05-18-2014, 08:42 AM
Advanced Member

Maybe Castle is taken by some sort of spy operation. He was out promoting his new Storm novel and a graphic Storm novel. With that great imagination of his he may have hit on a real operation and they want to know how.
I was surprised at the statement that they will be back next year, guess they may not think that the programs audience may not be able to figure it out. No Castle no show.cool.gif
post #1546 of 1550 Old 05-18-2014, 04:44 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
More than likely it has to be something to do with Castle's Dad. Just my guess.
post #1547 of 1550 Old 05-19-2014, 08:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I realize that there is a TV rule that you must end every season/midseason with a cliffhanger, but I would have just preferred them to end the season (or even the show alltogether) with the two of them getting married and heading off happily on their honeymoon.
post #1548 of 1550 Old 05-20-2014, 07:44 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_Wadsworth View Post

I realize that there is a TV rule that you must end every season/midseason with a cliffhanger, but I would have just preferred them to end the season (or even the show altogether) with the two of them getting married and heading off happily on their honeymoon.

Don't say that, they are some of if not the best actors on TV. Stana Katic gets more out of a few eye movements and looks then most get out of 10 page of dialog. Nathan Fillion is just as good, the rest are also very good at that.

Of the buddy shows, I count 4 at this time, its the best. On Bones the show stayed good after the marriage, NCIS sort of hit a speed bum when there buddies split, NCIS,LA has one that does dance around it, and after 6 years Jane finally kisses Lisbon to take that show in a new direction.

& for the cliffhangers, when I was a kid one of they funnies hit records was called Along Came Jones, and we can't forges the Mounty named Dudly Do-Right on Saturday mornings.

If it works don't fixit
post #1549 of 1550 Old 05-22-2014, 05:48 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Am I the only one that noticed the smirk that Bracken had on his face while being driven away in the squad car? I think that Bracken or his cabal had something to do with the ending. As highly rated as this show has become, the writers probably plan on continuing this story arc. It, and Castle's father have both been quality story threads to keep longtime viewers entertained. As someone who has watched from the first episode I think the writers have always been able to tell a tale full of intrigue and twists. Just a theory though. I personally think that this is one of the best shows around and am looking forward to the next season.
post #1550 of 1550 Old 05-23-2014, 01:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by volfan dhp View Post

Am I the only one that noticed the smirk that Bracken had on his face while being driven away in the squad car?
Maybe. Not sure I've ever seen Jack Coleman WITHOUT a smirk.
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page