post #1891 of 1909 Old 05-17-2016, 08:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruelInventions View Post
I was left confused by the ending. Watching I was like, "did they live thru their mutual gut-shootings to go on to have a blissful family life", or was it, "Poor Beckett & Castle, If only you two could have let go of LokSat, look at the fulfilling family life you both might have shared"?

So I guess it's the former.
You must have missed the "7 years later" tag.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1892 of 1909 Old 05-18-2016, 08:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 872 Post(s)
Liked: 473
Quote:
Originally Posted by milehighou View Post
I think the kid part was kind of silly and unrealistic. Neither one of them is young. To start pumping out kids at that age (especially 3 or 4 of them, I forget) is a bit far fetched.
Yes, that was thoroughly gag-worthy for me, so I chose to believe they're grandchildren - Alexis would be near 30 by then...

CC

Who knew "flammable" and "inflammable" mean the same thing???
post #1893 of 1909 Old 05-18-2016, 09:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Liked: 221
Now that the show is done, it will be interesting to see where the principal actors careers go. Fillion will not be idle for long but I'm not sure about Katic. I hope that Seamus Deaver and Jon Heurtas land gigs quickly. The boys were part of the backbone of this show. The magnificent Susan Sullivan will probably get guest shots like crazy and, hopefully, Molly Quinn ends up on another show. I also want to see a lot more of Toks Olagundoye who played Hayley. She's a good actress and very easy on the eyes.

post #1894 of 1909 Old 05-18-2016, 10:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 403 Post(s)
Liked: 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjonsnow View Post
You must have missed the "7 years later" tag.
Indeed I did then.
post #1895 of 1909 Old 05-18-2016, 02:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
What they should of done was cut out the scene when Castle and Beckett got shot in the apartment and showed how the rest of the cast fared 7 years later. At least we got a happy ending.
post #1896 of 1909 Old 05-19-2016, 01:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 622 Post(s)
Liked: 455
The "Seven years later" bit was obviously tacked on... I presume the original ending would have left it so that next year they either both survive miraculously and have to go after that one last guy OR they kill off Beckett and Castle goes it alone to find her killer.

But... as silly as that "7 years later" bit was... I swear... BOTH of those kids shown looked older than 7 years!

Consider... presumably they'd both need to heal a bit, especially Beckett before she could have a kid... so even if they just retired right there on the spot, healed and started with babies... the oldest those two kids should have been "7 years later" is probably 6 and 5... realistically, more like 5 and 4... but both of those kids looked to be older than 7, unless I missed something.

The Doctor... the Original, you might say!
Where I am when I'm not here!
post #1897 of 1909 Old 05-19-2016, 03:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 63
A) Did they survive the shooting & the "seven years later" meant they had a family with kids?

OR

B) Did the "seven years later" with kids scene mean Castle was sort of a regular guy all along with a family? And that Kate was his inspiration to write all stories/episodes about a fictitious rich & famous author (named Castle) and a fictitious detective (Kate).

My wife looked at another forum & most people there went with scenario A. Some went with scenario B. And a few thought the whole series was just a dream somehow from Castle.

I'd like to know what the writers were thinking when they wrote the ending.
post #1898 of 1909 Old 05-19-2016, 06:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 603 Post(s)
Liked: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike99 View Post
A) Did they survive the shooting & the "seven years later" meant they had a family with kids?

OR

B) Did the "seven years later" with kids scene mean Castle was sort of a regular guy all along with a family? And that Kate was his inspiration to write all stories/episodes about a fictitious rich & famous author (named Castle) and a fictitious detective (Kate).

My wife looked at another forum & most people there went with scenario A. Some went with scenario B. And a few thought the whole series was just a dream somehow from Castle.

Interesting interpretation, but I'd probably go with scenario A.
mrvideo likes this.
post #1899 of 1909 Old 05-20-2016, 05:55 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Arrow Critic's Notebook: 'Castle' Series Finale Strikes a Sour Note

At The Hollywood Reporter:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/fie...rikes-a-894699
post #1900 of 1909 Old 05-21-2016, 08:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 598 Post(s)
Liked: 313
Quote:

OR

I have no idea how option B is even a consideration. It is clearly A. "Seven years later" specifically implies that these are events that follow the preceding ones. There is absolutely zero evidence that option B is a possibility.

The Hodor Theater - Now with Atmos
Projector - Panasonic PT-AE8000U
LCR speakers - JTR Noesis 228 HT (3)
Surr./Back - Klipsch Pro Cinema KPT-8000M (4); Atmos In-ceiling - Niles DS8HD (4)
Subwoofers - Passive JTR Captivator Pro (2) - Powered by Crown XLS 5000.
Receiver - Yamaha Adventage A3050
post #1901 of 1909 Old 05-22-2016, 02:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChldsPlay View Post
I have no idea how option B is even a consideration. It is clearly A. "Seven years later" specifically implies that these are events that follow the preceding ones. There is absolutely zero evidence that option B is a possibility.
Sevens years later could mean it shows what the family looks like 7 years after Castle finished writing the stories. Also, Kate did have what looked like a gut shot & by most accounts people don't usually survive those. And Castle & Beckett reached for each others hands, not a phone, after they were shot. All their police friends went out to celebrate so I don't think any of them planned on stopping by the Castle residence. It's questionable how they were saved. You could presume they were somehow saved, but other people could presume they were not.
post #1902 of 1909 Old 05-22-2016, 04:43 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1224 Post(s)
Liked: 538
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimProuty View Post
I'm surprised how I can enjoy a series and critics like the above can be so negative.

I guess its easier to be a critic than a writer.
post #1903 of 1909 Old 05-22-2016, 08:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 598 Post(s)
Liked: 313
Quote:
Sevens years later could mean it shows what the family looks like 7 years after Castle finished writing the stories. Also, Kate did have what looked like a gut shot & by most accounts people don't usually survive those. And Castle & Beckett reached for each others hands, not a phone, after they were shot. All their police friends went out to celebrate so I don't think any of them planned on stopping by the Castle residence. It's questionable how they were saved. You could presume they were somehow saved, but other people could presume they were not.
Castle and Beckett are shot and then it says seven years later. It is explicitly telling you that what you are seeing is 7 years after the shooting incident. There is nothing in the show indicating that there was an imaginary wotld that was written. There is only one way to take the ending, and anything else is just making things up. There is zero ambiguity with this ending. They survived, they had kids. Period. It is sloppy, but it is what it is.

The Hodor Theater - Now with Atmos
Projector - Panasonic PT-AE8000U
LCR speakers - JTR Noesis 228 HT (3)
Surr./Back - Klipsch Pro Cinema KPT-8000M (4); Atmos In-ceiling - Niles DS8HD (4)
Subwoofers - Passive JTR Captivator Pro (2) - Powered by Crown XLS 5000.
Receiver - Yamaha Adventage A3050
post #1904 of 1909 Old 05-22-2016, 09:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimP View Post
I'm surprised how I can enjoy a series and critics like the above can be so negative.

I guess its easier to be a critic than a writer.
RayGuy likes this.
post #1905 of 1909 Old 05-22-2016, 05:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChldsPlay View Post
Castle and Beckett are shot and then it says seven years later. It is explicitly telling you that what you are seeing is 7 years after the shooting incident. There is nothing in the show indicating that there was an imaginary wotld that was written. There is only one way to take the ending, and anything else is just making things up. There is zero ambiguity with this ending. They survived, they had kids. Period. It is sloppy, but it is what it is.
All I can add is that some people on another forum disagree with you that Castle & Beckett survived.
post #1906 of 1909 Old 05-22-2016, 06:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 622 Post(s)
Liked: 455
A better reveal would be that it turned out that it was Castle's mother who wrote all the books, and imagined how her life would have been if she'd had a son like her fictional creations...

The Doctor... the Original, you might say!
Where I am when I'm not here!
post #1907 of 1909 Old 05-22-2016, 06:57 PM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMe2 View Post
A better reveal would be that it turned out that it was Castle's mother who wrote all the books, and imagined how her life would have been if she'd had a son like her fictional creations...
Good grief! This is turning into St Elsewhere!
HDMe2 likes this.
post #1908 of 1909 Old 05-22-2016, 07:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyfman View Post
Jeez-Louise it's a fictional story setting that's been cancelled so what's the point of all the back and forth did they live ? or die ? Who cares
The answer should be obvious.

If you've invested a fair amount of your viewing time to a show, it would be only natural to want to know how it ultimately resolved itself. And if you don't care because it's only "fictional" then why had you even bothered to watch the show at all?

Strange post.
post #1909 of 1909 Old 08-07-2016, 10:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Welp, finally caught up... I think this show ending was about the same as weeds. Sucks, but also glad it's over I suppose.

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page