Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 192 Old 07-26-2009, 05:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPanther95 View Post

The geniuses at WCNC Charlotte preempted the season finale for a local special.

If it is any consolation, last week's episode was better. I do not know if they edited the heck out of this week's episode because of the cancellation, or what, but it was disjointed. On top of that, it was most unsatisfying as it ended more like a season finale than a series finale. Too many loose ends as far as fates and decisions of characters. It was just as maddening as a preemption, imo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 192 Old 07-27-2009, 08:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
If anyone finds that the creators spoil how season 2 (and beyond) would have turned out, please post it here...I'd really like to see where they were going with the story...

By far one of the best shows of the Summer...I thoroughly enjoyed it

Josh
PSN: lax01
post #183 of 192 Old 07-27-2009, 09:10 PM

tk1234, I think the finale was meant to be a season finale rather than a series finale. I doubt they got a chance to re-work it once the show was canceled.

lax, it seems that season 1 ended where Silas goes mad and David has to flee for his life. Since the series loosely follows the story of the first kings of Israel, you could read the Old Testament 1 & 2 Samuel to see the story. David takes flight about midway through 1 Samuel. I assume season 2 would have picked up with Silas (Saul) pursuing David (2nd half of 1 Samuel) and David's eventual ascension to be king (2 Samuel).
post #184 of 192 Old 07-28-2009, 04:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 32
It definitely was shot and cut as a season finale, not series. Left a lot to be desired to see how they would have done the rest of the story.

I also had a big problem with how quickly David took Michelle back when she came to his apartment. She had bailed on him at his treason trial and left him to die. She shows up at his apartment and 30 seconds later all is forgiven. That was poorly written.
post #185 of 192 Old 07-28-2009, 06:50 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieva View Post

I also had a big problem with how quickly David took Michelle back when she came to his apartment. She had bailed on him at his treason trial and left him to die. She shows up at his apartment and 30 seconds later all is forgiven. That was poorly written.

I did not have a problem with that.

People in love do not act rationally. In his mind, I'm sure he made up whatever excuse was necessary to justify her behavior.

HDTV Recorder Comparison Chart | DTVPal DVR FAQ | New! TiVo Premiere (Series4) FAQ |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #186 of 192 Old 07-28-2009, 06:58 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk1234 View Post

If it is any consolation, last week's episode was better. I do not know if they edited the heck out of this week's episode because of the cancellation, or what, but it was disjointed. On top of that, it was most unsatisfying as it ended more like a season finale than a series finale. Too many loose ends as far as fates and decisions of characters. It was just as maddening as a preemption, imo.

I definitely agree.

My suspicions are that this was shot as a season finale, but they did many edits to try to make it a series finale, but they failed miserably because it didn't come off right.

Besides that I really liked this show (I didn't at first), and it's kind of interesting that it didn't work out. Maybe if it was done on cable (budget cuts though) or on a much better network it would have turn out ok. I always thought it should have been on Showtime or HBO. It seemed like the perfect fit for either of them.

Who knows? Maybe the general public just isn't interested in these types of shows anymore.
post #187 of 192 Old 07-28-2009, 07:20 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lax01 View Post

If anyone finds that the creators spoil how season 2 (and beyond) would have turned out, please post it here...I'd really like to see where they were going with the story...

By far one of the best shows of the Summer...I thoroughly enjoyed it

Your best bet would be to read the Old Testament books, 1 and 2 Kings and 1 and 2 Samuel. That should give you plenty of good material that the writers could have used. How they would have translated it into modern times would still be interesting, though.
post #188 of 192 Old 07-29-2009, 06:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjammin View Post

Your best bet would be to read the Old Testament books, 1 and 2 Kings and 1 and 2 Samuel. That should give you plenty of good material that the writers could have used. How they would have translated it into modern times would still be interesting, though.

Oh...that old fiction novel...

Josh
PSN: lax01
post #189 of 192 Old 08-13-2009, 06:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Michael Green the creator of the show wrote a good bye letter to the fans. Show is definitely over, no chance of it coming back. He basically says what we all knew, NBC never gave the show a chance.

http://boards.nbc.com/nbc/index.php?showtopic=827777
post #190 of 192 Old 08-13-2009, 08:01 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Liked: 491
jamieva -- Thanks for the link to Michael Green's letter to Kings' fans. Good stuff!

The only other show I can remember whose cancellation after just one season disappointed me as much as Kings' demise, was Joss Whedon's late lamented Firefly. I guess Kings' cancellation just goes to show that NBC's suits are as dumb as Fox's.

EDIT: Typo corrected.
post #191 of 192 Old 08-13-2009, 08:37 AM
AVS Special Member

And shows why NBC is in last place now. Almost every new drama they roll out gets canceled before it even makes the 2nd season. Where would NBC be without all the Law and Order shows?!
post #192 of 192 Old 08-19-2009, 01:40 PM
Advanced Member

I'm almost finished catching up with my recorded episodes of this, and wanted to add something to the IMDB entry.

I recognized the view from the courtroom, through the big glass window looking over Columbus Circle towards Central Park. The shooting location is "The Allen Room", a venue for "Jazz at Lincoln Center". This is in the fifth floor of Time Warner Center, at Broadway and 60th St, New York City, New York.

Can someone with an IMDB account go to the Kings shooting location page and request an update to add this shooting location? You click on the yellow "Update" button at the bottom, but you need an IMDB account, and I ain't gonna do dat.

Atlanta over-the-air digital TV reference table, now with Atlanta OTA FAQ:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page