Parks and Recreation on NBC HD - Page 19 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #541 of 669 Old 05-09-2012, 07:31 AM
AVS Special Member
 
edpowers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,327
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 23
It would be a huge surprise if P&R didn't get a full season order for next season. It's the 2nd highest rated sitcom on NBC after The Office, and the fourth highest rated non-reality show on the network. Of course, that's not saying much, but its all relative to the network. Unless NBC plans to devote 90% of its schedule to new series, P&R is a lock to get a full renewal.
edpowers is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #542 of 669 Old 05-09-2012, 08:51 AM
AVS Special Member
 
skyehill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 4,989
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by edpowers View Post

It would be a huge surprise if P&R didn't get a full season order for next season. It's the 2nd highest rated sitcom on NBC after The Office, and the fourth highest rated non-reality show on the network. Of course, that's not saying much, but its all relative to the network. Unless NBC plans to devote 90% of its schedule to new series, P&R is a lock to get a full renewal.

It's not a lock at all.
skyehill is offline  
post #543 of 669 Old 05-10-2012, 01:33 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Young C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,933
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Heads up, season finale is on tonight.

I agree with some of the posters, the campaigning subject has gotten old. I'm ready for the campaign to end. Start fresh next season

See y'all tonight!
Young C is offline  
post #544 of 669 Old 05-10-2012, 03:23 PM
AVS Special Member
 
mr. wally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: land of the pumas
Posts: 3,812
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young C View Post

Heads up, season finale is on tonight.

I agree with some of the posters, the campaigning subject has gotten old. I'm ready for the campaign to end. Start fresh next season

See y'all tonight!

damn, i thought we had one more show after this one.

neflixis our nemesis
mr. wally is online now  
post #545 of 669 Old 05-10-2012, 04:05 PM
AVS Special Member
 
mr. wally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: land of the pumas
Posts: 3,812
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyehill View Post

It's not a lock at all.

E is reporting no final decision on p & r from nbc yet. it may get full or shortened season and could be cancelled.

with all the marketing wizards at nbc, i figure they'll choose the option that does the most damage to the network.

30 rock confirmed for final shortened season and parenthood renewed.

neflixis our nemesis
mr. wally is online now  
post #546 of 669 Old 05-10-2012, 05:14 PM
AVS Special Member
 
skyehill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 4,989
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. wally View Post

E is reporting no final decision on p & r from nbc yet. it may get full or shortened season and could be cancelled.

with all the marketing wizards at nbc, i figure they'll choose the option that does the most damage to the network.

30 rock confirmed for final shortened season and parenthood renewed.

Community now confirmed for 13 episode (apparently final) season. I doubt Parks and Rec will get any different.
skyehill is offline  
post #547 of 669 Old 05-10-2012, 07:04 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Young C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,933
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Great episode.

I liked Andy and April's computer file subject. Ron and his "no change" lifestyle was funny. Ron, after 11 drinks, was different. His talk with Leslie in the executive chair. I laughed when he was describing the chair too. Ha

Good closure with the whole campaign subject. I like how they did a recount and ended with a positive attitude.

Everybody drunk at the end was classic. Tom and Ann!
Young C is offline  
post #548 of 669 Old 05-11-2012, 06:56 AM
Senior Member
 
RGoldberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Wellington, CO
Posts: 220
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I like the idea of Andy entering law enforcement. That has potential.
RGoldberg is offline  
post #549 of 669 Old 05-11-2012, 01:59 PM
AVS Special Member
 
skyehill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 4,989
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Good news, 22 episodes next season. Bad news - they renewed Whitney. NBC...LOL.
skyehill is offline  
post #550 of 669 Old 05-11-2012, 02:15 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jjeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Minneapolis MN
Posts: 9,814
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyehill View Post

Good news, 22 episodes next season. Bad news - they renewed Whitney. NBC...LOL.

I agree with both your points, good news on the P&R front, I can't believe Whitney is still on the air, I gave up on it a long time ago.
On P&R I'm kind of glad the campaign is over, while not as bad as the pit of the first season, it did drag on longer than need be
jjeff is offline  
post #551 of 669 Old 05-11-2012, 02:18 PM
AVS Special Member
 
mr. wally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: land of the pumas
Posts: 3,812
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyehill View Post

Good news, 22 episodes next season. Bad news - they renewed Whitney. NBC...LOL.

unbelievable, nbc actually did the right thing with the funniest show on television.

very nice ep last night. should have been an hour long.

apparently some very good improv by the female campaign manager got
left in the edit room.

neflixis our nemesis
mr. wally is online now  
post #552 of 669 Old 05-11-2012, 02:20 PM
AVS Special Member
 
MSmith83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 8,619
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyehill View Post

Good news, 22 episodes next season. Bad news - they renewed Whitney. NBC...LOL.

Sometimes you have to take the good with the bad. Or in this case, take the really good with the really bad.
MSmith83 is offline  
post #553 of 669 Old 05-11-2012, 02:28 PM
AVS Special Member
 
mr. wally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: land of the pumas
Posts: 3,812
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSmith83 View Post

Sometimes you have to take the good with the bad. Or in this case, take the really good with the really bad.

all i can say is i will tolerate whitney airing as long as i get a full season of p & r!!!

neflixis our nemesis
mr. wally is online now  
post #554 of 669 Old 05-11-2012, 11:35 PM
Advanced Member
 
Demolition Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 595
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. wally View Post

apparently some very good improv by the female campaign manager got left in the edit room.

I hope that turns up on the DVD's deleted scenes.... oh cripe sakes Universal how about releasing the show on Blu-Ray. Its 2012. Get with the times.

Demolition Man
Fan of New England/Boston & Minnesota teams!
Demolition Man is offline  
post #555 of 669 Old 05-14-2012, 05:03 PM
AVS Special Member
 
mr. wally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: land of the pumas
Posts: 3,812
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 47
funniest bit to me was winterfell being listed as places april and andy could move to

neflixis our nemesis
mr. wally is online now  
post #556 of 669 Old 05-14-2012, 05:25 PM
AVS Special Member
 
vfxproducer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,934
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. wally View Post

all i can say is i will tolerate whitney airing as long as i get a full season of p & r!!!

I'm going to sit back and enjoy both of these fine shows.
vfxproducer is offline  
post #557 of 669 Old 05-16-2012, 05:52 AM
Advanced Member
 
wdkerbow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Pflugerville, TX
Posts: 727
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. wally View Post

funniest bit to me was winterfell being listed as places april and andy could move to

Agreed! That was awesome!

I also liked on the list: Bermuda, Bahama, Montego, Key Largo (Like that Beach Boys song)

-- David
wdkerbow is offline  
post #558 of 669 Old 05-16-2012, 01:09 PM
AVS Special Member
 
mr. wally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: land of the pumas
Posts: 3,812
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 47
i think this show has gained enough traction, at least with critics if not with the viewers, that this may be p & r's year to clean up at the emmys.

it certainly deserves best sitcom, female comedy lead, and male supporting comedy actor.

neflixis our nemesis
mr. wally is online now  
post #559 of 669 Old 09-20-2012, 08:34 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Young C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,933
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 73
New Season starts tonight!! biggrin.gif
Young C is offline  
post #560 of 669 Old 09-20-2012, 04:20 PM
Advanced Member
 
Demolition Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 595
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
That is LITERALLY amazing!

Demolition Man
Fan of New England/Boston & Minnesota teams!
Demolition Man is offline  
post #561 of 669 Old 09-21-2012, 11:43 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Young C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,933
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Ron's BBQ scene was funny and grotesque. It was hot to see April getting "down" in the museum. Must be nice tongue.gif
Young C is offline  
post #562 of 669 Old 09-22-2012, 08:08 AM
Moderator
 
CPanther95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 23,797
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Must have been in a bad mood last night. I struggled to find anything funny in either Parks or The Office.
CPanther95 is offline  
post #563 of 669 Old 09-22-2012, 01:59 PM
AVS Special Member
 
skyehill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 4,989
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 49
I wasn't blown away by the first episode. I'm tired of Tom - Anne. Hopefully this is the end of that. The BBQ stuff was kinda boring, but I enjoyed all the Washington DC parts, even though some of it was more dramatic than comedic. April humping Andy on the floor was great. It almost felt like they were trying too hard to make Ron be Ron. I did love the last bit where he drove away with the grille tied to his car.
skyehill is offline  
post #564 of 669 Old 09-24-2012, 10:46 AM
AVS Special Member
 
edpowers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,327
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 23

I am also tired of Tom - Ann.   

Similar to how I became tired of Chris - Ann, and Leslie - Ann,  Andy - Ann.   Is there a common denominator here?  

edpowers is offline  
post #565 of 669 Old 09-24-2012, 12:09 PM
AVS Special Member
 
skyehill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 4,989
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by edpowers View Post

I am also tired of Tom - Ann.   
Similar to how I became tired of Chris - Ann, and Leslie - Ann,  Andy - Ann.   Is there a common denominator here?  

Haha, I see it. Yet I love Andy - April, Ben - Leslie, Jean Rafeal - Tom, Ron - Meat.
skyehill is offline  
post #566 of 669 Old 09-24-2012, 01:51 PM
AVS Special Member
 
mr. wally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: land of the pumas
Posts: 3,812
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyehill View Post

I wasn't blown away by the first episode. I'm tired of Tom - Anne. Hopefully this is the end of that. The BBQ stuff was kinda boring, but I enjoyed all the Washington DC parts, even though some of it was more dramatic than comedic. April humping Andy on the floor was great. It almost felt like they were trying too hard to make Ron be Ron. I did love the last bit where he drove away with the grille tied to his car.

yeah part of me felt that way too, but i was laughing too hard to really care.

part of it i think is that ron wasn't really ron in a lot of last years eps dealing with the campaign.
he became kind of caring father figure which was something he hadn't been at all up till then

so yeah it was great seeing ron being ron again, and that scene where he drives of with the bbq smoking was killer.

neflixis our nemesis
mr. wally is online now  
post #567 of 669 Old 09-28-2012, 08:26 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Shaded Dogfood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Terminus and the Lake of Light
Posts: 4,839
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 34
I love this show, and consider its ensemble second to none, but I haven't liked this season's shows at all, other than little bits here and there.

CW Hinkle
Shaded Dogfood is offline  
post #568 of 669 Old 09-28-2012, 08:59 AM
AVS Special Member
 
MSmith83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 8,619
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 58
I really liked last night's show. Ben can be a most convincing douche. Leslie's whole battle against the restaurant association representative was funny, all highlighted by those ridiculously large drink sizes.

Oh, and 25 minutes to run 2 miles? Most should be able to walk that far in that amount of time. biggrin.gif
MSmith83 is offline  
post #569 of 669 Old 09-28-2012, 03:14 PM
AVS Special Member
 
mr. wally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: land of the pumas
Posts: 3,812
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSmith83 View Post

I really liked last night's show. Ben can be a most convincing douche. Leslie's whole battle against the restaurant association representative was funny, all highlighted by those ridiculously large drink sizes.
Oh, and 25 minutes to run 2 miles? Most should be able to walk that far in that amount of time. biggrin.gif

great ep last night. really captures what makes this show so special. ron was at his best
and april stole the show.

neflixis our nemesis
mr. wally is online now  
post #570 of 669 Old 09-28-2012, 05:49 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Young C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,933
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 73
I agree. Great episode last night.

The spoof about the NYC soda ban was good.
Young C is offline  
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off