'Southland' on TNT HD - Page 10 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #271 of 553 Old 02-09-2011, 01:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I like this show, graphic yes sometimes too much for me but it's a good show. Not for kids!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 553 Old 02-09-2011, 02:32 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by jag2006 View Post

I like this show, graphic yes sometimes too much for me but it's a good show. Not for kids!!

Haven't seen this week's episode yet but look forward to doing so. I think that Southland is by far the best police procedural on TV right now and one of the best shows of any kind. It is my college student grandson's favorite show, too. You are right, though, even with much of the profanity bleeped out, Southland is gritty and is certainly inappropriate for children.
post #273 of 553 Old 02-09-2011, 04:31 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I think it's clear who sent those pictures in...he needed money recently...even asked his old partner...and was surprisingly at the crime scene. Great episode.
post #274 of 553 Old 02-10-2011, 03:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by petesimac View Post

I think it's clear who sent those pictures in...he needed money recently...even asked his old partner...and was surprisingly at the crime scene. Great episode.

+1

I look forward to watching this show each week the same way I looked forward to LOST, Deadwood, Boardwalk Empire, etc...
post #275 of 553 Old 02-10-2011, 11:03 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Right now hands down favorite show on TV.
post #276 of 553 Old 02-10-2011, 12:26 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

I had forgotten that Clarke had asked Adams for a loan and she had refused. I don't want to believe Clarke would betray his old partner so profoundly but it sure likes he did.

This week's Southland was terrific. It was a dark reminder that the biggest victims of LA's celebrity obsessed tabloid journalists, and the reaction to them by elected officials, are often the celebrities themselves. I thought Sammy's learning that the baby his estranged wife is carrying is his after all was a gut shot. I really was expecting it to turn out the other way. I hope this doesn't mean we aren't going to get rid of Sammy's wife after all.
post #277 of 553 Old 02-10-2011, 01:24 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

This week's Southland was terrific

Agreed.

I'm glad that Sammy got good news. His new partner seemed to not care though.

I like that actor, Sammy's new partner.
post #278 of 553 Old 02-10-2011, 02:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I had forgotten that Clarke had asked Adams for a loan and she had refused. I don't want to believe Clarke would betray his old partner so profoundly but it sure likes he did.

This week's Southland was terrific. It was a dark reminder that the biggest victims of LA's celebrity obsessed tabloid journalists, and the reaction to them by elected officials, are often the celebrities themselves. I thought Sammy's learning that the baby his estranged wife is carrying is his after all was a gut shot. I really was expecting it to turn out the other way. I hope this doesn't mean we aren't going to get rid of Sammy's wife after all.

I forgot to mention the reappearance of Sammy's wife (apparently from the preview after the show ended). I thought the way they addressed Sammy's return was pretty raw and showed how he's not the same Sammy he was before. He's Angry Sammy now. He lost his partner, he lost his wife and now the kid is his. I think we got a glimpse at how dark his character is going to become...and I think Shawn Hatosy is playing the angle well. That scene when him and his new partner went BACK to the scene of the crime at the end of the show was AWESOME and INTENSE. Shall be interesting to see what Sammy's future holds on the streets...and after he clocks out.
post #279 of 553 Old 02-10-2011, 02:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 19
Quote:

I'll have to re-watch, but how did he get his hands on the photos? From her work computer? Anyway, makes the comment by the Latina partner more significant -- "I don't like you ... I don't know why. " (or something to that effect).
post #280 of 553 Old 02-10-2011, 02:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young C View Post

Agreed.

I'm glad that Sammy got good news. His new partner seemed to not care though.

I like that actor, Sammy's new partner.

Bokeem Woodbine---haven't seen him in awhile. He had a great part in "Dead Presidents".
post #281 of 553 Old 02-10-2011, 05:05 PM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce73 View Post

I'll have to re-watch, but how did he get his hands on the photos? From her work computer? Anyway, makes the comment by the Latina partner more significant -- "I don't like you ... I don't know why. " (or something to that effect).

Uh, he was at the crime scene and took his own photos. And If you recall, when they were in the office, her boss said they screened everyone already except her, but failed to mention Clarke at all.
post #282 of 553 Old 02-10-2011, 05:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdchrgrboy View Post

Uh, he was at the crime scene and took his own photos. And If you recall, when they were in the office, her boss said they screened everyone already except her, but failed to mention Clarke at all.

OK, missed that. I just remember her saying she had uploaded the photos to her computer. Thanks for clarifying.
post #283 of 553 Old 02-11-2011, 05:53 AM
Advanced Member

I don't recall him taking his own photos, pretty sure he didn't. I think he took them off Adams computer.
post #284 of 553 Old 02-11-2011, 08:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzbass View Post

I don't recall him taking his own photos, pretty sure he didn't. I think he took them off Adams computer.

Yep. Re- watched and he didn't take any photos, only Adams. Didn't think so.
post #285 of 553 Old 02-11-2011, 12:41 PM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce73 View Post
Yep. Re- watched and he didn't take any photos, only Adams. Didn't think so.
How do we know for sure? Did the camera follow his every move, stuff does happen off camera that we don't see. It's totally plausible that he took his own, esp when they check Adams and the photos don't match. He even said to her, they she will be found innocent. I stand behind he took his own until proven otherwise. Why was he there in the first place?
post #286 of 553 Old 02-11-2011, 01:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdchrgrboy
How do we know for sure? Did the camera follow his every move, stuff does happen off camera that we don't see. It's totally plausible that he took his own, esp when they check Adams and the photos don't match. He even said to her, they she will be found innocent. I stand behind he took his own until proven otherwise. Why was he there in the first place?
OK, you hang on to that.
post #287 of 553 Old 02-11-2011, 01:43 PM
Advanced Member

uh, yeah, he didn't take his own. it makes for a much more interesting plot line for him to take the photos from adams.
post #288 of 553 Old 02-11-2011, 07:21 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdchrgrboy View Post

You know, when you find yourself in a hole it's a good idea to stop digging.
post #289 of 553 Old 02-11-2011, 08:57 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

You know, when you find yourself in a hole it's a good idea to stop digging.

Unless you're digging for gold in Alaska. As for Southland, I had thought that he took the pictures when no one was looking, but I suppose it's just as plausible for him to have gotten them off his former partner's computer; he does spend a lot of time at his desk these days
post #290 of 553 Old 02-14-2011, 06:37 AM

Liked: 11
I missed the last episode and have been watching TNT's site, but it isn't up yet. How long before TNT usually posts the episodes for online viewing?

Thanks,
Roger
post #291 of 553 Old 02-15-2011, 08:59 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzbass View Post

uh, yeah, he didn't take his own. it makes for a much more interesting plot line for him to take the photos from adams.

Reminds me of that Ojays song 'For the Love of Money' in this case $500,000
post #292 of 553 Old 02-15-2011, 09:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by GqMagic View Post

Reminds me of that Ojays song 'For the Love of Money' in this case $500,000

and the murder is eerily similar to the OJ case
post #293 of 553 Old 02-16-2011, 06:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Fantastic episode, some very powerfull and emotional scenes.

It took me a while to figure out where I knew the actor who played the guy shot in the head, then I finally figured it out, Lem on "Better off Ted".
post #294 of 553 Old 02-23-2011, 05:52 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

wowzors.

Last night's episode was something else.

John coming down without his drugs.
Sammy going crazy.
Nate's wife leaving out of state.

John not taking drugs was something else. He was a real jerk. The way he chewed out the CPS lady was not cool. I guess his point was well made at the very ending though.
I wonder if he'll relapse on the next episode. I think he needs to get that surgery and be done with it. The LEO company does not require a annual fitness test of some sorts? I could imagine that John would fail due to his back problems.

I'm glad Sammy got his act together at the end. I would think he needed more hard copy evidence that the guy killed Nate. All he had to go by was the first page of the lady's file. He was acting crazy though. lol.
It was interesting to see that "hardcore gangster" tear in his grave. It showed that real thugs do get emotional.

I personally liked Sammy and Nate's wife together. Like her son mentioned, she crys less when Sammy is around. I can see her point though, she thinks of Nate when staying in that house. Time to move on from the 'horror stories'. Maybe that's better off for Sammy, one less thing on his plate to worrie about. I doubt Sammy would go back to El Paso, Texas with her.

Oh, the drunk lady who lied in court. What a weirdo

2 more episodes before the end of the season.

Edit: Too bad we did not see Ben and Kayla (the black waitress) hookup. I thought she was pretty.
I wonder if we (the viewers) will get to see any more of that storyline. I want to see more of her. lol.
post #295 of 553 Old 02-24-2011, 04:04 AM
AVS Special Member

The Sammy/Nate storyline seemed to have some closure as far as letting go. Sammy let the gang banger go, though it appears he knows he was the killer..and he's going to let Nate's wife go...because it's the right thing to do.

Cooper's pursuit of the child molester was admirable...and I could tell for him it was personal--and the fact that another layer of his onion was peeled back when he told Ben that his father molested/killed his girlfriend. I knew his father killed someone...but don't remember it being said that it was HIS girlfriend. May be a reason for the path that Cooper's life has taken. And I told my wife that I thought the gray haired guy that Cooper was talking to in the park was the molester---I thought that Ted Danson...and the voice also sounded familiar--who was that actor?

Dewey and Chickie were able to see that Cooper was strung out...so was the prisoner with the squished nose in the back of the squad car. Can't wait to see how they handle the "bottom" for Cooper when he reaches it.

The coming attractions for next week seem to lead you to believe a certain newer cast member will be shot.
post #296 of 553 Old 02-24-2011, 04:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Another great episode and really hope this gets picked up again.
post #297 of 553 Old 03-02-2011, 09:53 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Great episode last night.

How about John and Ben? John was out of his mind!!
post #298 of 553 Old 03-02-2011, 10:20 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 16
That was one suspenseful shootout with the flipped-out assault-rifle dude, anticipated with their intro clip, plus the overheard pistol-range tip about two in the chest then one in the head. Almost topped her earlier at-home shotgun shootout. Guess, for a TV drama, we should overlook the SOP of calling in SWAT, with many of those trying to escape getting shot meanwhile. -- John
post #299 of 553 Old 03-02-2011, 10:31 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I agree. That was a great scene.
I feel bad for the real life shoot-outs like that. School, Government, etc. shootings. Horrible stuff.
post #300 of 553 Old 03-04-2011, 05:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Must say I didn't see that one coming...that Rodrigo would be Ochoa's son. When he popped into the hospital room at first I was thinking he was Ochoa's BF/squeeze. Now from the coming attractions it seems that he's going to come between the 2 of them.

Ben stepping up was a development. Chicky told him he should do it...and Dewey confronted Cooper last week. Should be interesting to see how they end the season WRT his addiction/pain.

Poor Sammy. This crazy woman puts a "find a friend" app on his phone. Oi. At least he didn't melt down. Maybe he's on the way back up mentally?

Southland definitely pulls off the shootouts real well. Between the bank robbery scene earlier this year and the shootout at Lydia's house last year...this show does intense gun scenes very well. Procedurally it seemed odd that they were the only 2 cops there for the whole scene/shootout but boy was that intense.
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page