post #271 of 384 Old 05-22-2012, 09:51 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by PooperScooper View Post

^^^ Yup. The ending was good, too. Previews look very interesting.... Oh, and it was fun seeing Janice and Carmella together again.

larry

Yeah, I loved Aida Turturro as Jackie's very expensive divorce lawyer, "$750 an hour, no small talk!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 384 Old 05-26-2012, 12:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Finally caught up and saw the last two recent episodes. Both were great. This show has been easily at the top of the list for fav tv shows. lol

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"
post #273 of 384 Old 05-26-2012, 09:24 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipfreak View Post

Finally caught up and saw the last two recent episodes. Both were great. This show has been easily at the top of the list for fav tv shows. lol

Agreed. Nurse Jackie has never been better. Bobby Cannavale and his son, Jake, have been terrific editions to an already outstanding ensemble cast.
post #274 of 384 Old 05-31-2012, 11:01 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 162
TV Notes
Showtime Renews 'Nurse Jackie' for Fifth Season
By Erin Carlson, The Hollywood Reporter - May 31, 2012

Former Dexter showrunner Clyde Phillips is taking the helm at Showtime’s Nurse Jackie.

With a new showrunner firmly in place, the dramedy starring Edie Falco has been renewed for a fifth season. The Emmy-nominated Phillips replaced co-creators Linda Wallem and Liz Brixius, who exited the New York-based series this year. Production on the season 5 will begin in late 2012.

“Clyde brings a unique combination of skills in both comedy and drama, and he is a master at making entertaining and compelling television,” Showtime entertainment chief David Nevins said of the show’s new hire, who joins Falco, Richie Jackson and Caryn Mandabach as an EP.

The news comes as Jackie’s fourth season nears its end. The season premiere garnered more than 1.1 million viewers, up 30 percent from a year earlier. Thus far this season, the series has been averaging 2.8 million total weekly viewers when you factor in on-demand, Live+7 and replays.

Phillips, who also is a best-selling mystery novelist with a fourth book titled Unthinkable to be published in January by Amazon, is repped by CAA.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...hillips-331698
post #275 of 384 Old 06-01-2012, 09:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Nice although I'm concerned with where they will go next season.

post #276 of 384 Old 06-01-2012, 08:32 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Great news!

Thanks, dad
post #277 of 384 Old 06-03-2012, 06:34 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

wow!

Tonight's episode was crazy. Do you think those two staff members actually got fired?

Veep coming on in 30 minutes
post #278 of 384 Old 06-03-2012, 07:50 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 198
Apparently only 10 episodes this season?
post #279 of 384 Old 06-04-2012, 08:15 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Thought this week's Nurse Jackie episode should be in the conversation for being the show's all time best. While retaining its patented funny edge, it managed to be sweet and, yes, moving, too. Both Charlie's return to rehab and O'Hara's last minute decision to invite Coop to accompany her to her ultrasound exam were beautifully done. I also loved the interplay between Jackie and Zoey in the final scene. Little Zoey is wise beyond her years and Jackie has been equally wise to recognize that Zoey is truly her friend. Great stuff, television at its best!
post #280 of 384 Old 06-04-2012, 08:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I am excited that finally in this series we get a true villain. I think one of the parts this series was seriously lacking was a strong character that could go against jackie. Remember, Jackie pretty much is an anti-hero. For years, she had no one that could really match her toe to toe.

I really look forward to this new dynamic.

My DVD Collection
GO CHIEFS, WILDCATS, SUNS, DIAMONDBACKS, COYOTES, RATTLERS, AND LUMBERJACKS!
"Asking if an HDTV is too big, is like me asking you if the diamond on your wedding ring is too big." -- My dad's response to my mom's question about my 65" HDTV.
post #281 of 384 Old 06-04-2012, 09:22 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragedogg69 View Post

I am excited that finally in this series we get a true villain. I think one of the parts this series was seriously lacking was a strong character that could go against jackie. Remember, Jackie pretty much is an anti-hero. For years, she had no one that could really match her toe to toe.

I would have bet against Nurse Jackie being able to maintain its quality with a clean Jackie but I would have been wrong. The new dynamics made possible by Jackie's newfound sobriety have been delightful.

Despite Dr. Cruz's harshness, I think he is a multifaceted guy who is hurting because of his son's addiction and having been hit with the twin shocks of learning that Jackie is an addict, too, and that she went through rehab with Cruz's son Charlie. I continue to hope and believe that Cruz will come to his senses and moderate some of his positions.

Cruz's decision to fire Akalitus was just plain dumb. He should have realized that Akalitus is the best manager on his staff and knows more about the hospital's internal operations than anyone still left there. It seem to me that Cruz couldn't have done anything else that would have hurt his organization as much.
post #282 of 384 Old 06-04-2012, 10:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 27
A very well done episode. Carnavale is a terrific character so far and, IMO, far from a clearly defined "bad guy/villain". In fact, he's the perfect (so far) counter-balance to Jackie that Gloria never was and never could be. I really thought he would back off a bit after Jackie helped his son, but he remained true to his character. The firing of Gloria in front of Jackie - done on purpose - really sent a message. I think it sets up all sorts of future plots and plans, though, unfortunately, the show is almost over.

Ray
"You cannot reason a person out of a position he did not reason himself into in the first place." -Jonathan Swift
post #283 of 384 Old 06-04-2012, 12:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

Cruz's decision to fire Akalitus was just plain dumb. He should have realized that Akalitus is the best manager on his staff and knows more about the hospital's internal operations than anyone still left there. It seem to me that Cruz couldn't have done anything else that would have hurt his organization as much.

Agreed but he felt that he needed to make a point to Jackie and the entire nursing staff, as ill-advised as that decision was. I hope that Gloria does come back. Anna Devere Smith is absolute bank in anything that she does and Gloria's increased visibility and sharp dialogue since she was demoted to the floor have been big pluses.
post #284 of 384 Old 06-08-2012, 09:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Lol, another great episode (finally saw last weeks). I agree with everyone this show has done well. Preview of this weeks look like even more fun! Best show on!

post #285 of 384 Old 06-17-2012, 06:28 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

wow!

What a fantastic episode. Dr. Cruz eek.gif

I got a little sad during the overdose part.

Edit: That was the season finale? eek.gif
Job well done, Showtime.
post #286 of 384 Old 06-17-2012, 09:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Yup, season finale. Quite well done, I hope Cruz was going into cardiac arrest at the end, most of the season I could tolerate him but the last few episodes he was out of control.
post #287 of 384 Old 06-18-2012, 01:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Great episode last week, still my out right number one show easily! Will watch the Finale soon!

post #288 of 384 Old 06-18-2012, 08:40 AM
AVS Addicted Member

I loved the Nurse Jackie season finale. The show does about the best job of any show on TV of gracefully jumping back and forth between outright hilarity and sadness. The scenes with Coop and O'Hara were delightful, Zoe was her usual funny charm girl self, and the scene of Charlie flat lining in the OR with his father desperately trying to restart his heart was gut wrenching. Even after 4 seasons, the show doesn't show its age at all.
post #289 of 384 Old 06-19-2012, 03:29 AM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
I wish this show was an hour. They've done a great job keeping all the cast involved, and adding new people. Great show!

larry

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. -- Thomas Alva Edison
post #290 of 384 Old 06-19-2012, 04:51 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Agreed, but the half hour format always leaves you wanting more and am really looking forward to next season.

I noticed some familiar names in the closing credits watching it on my DVR. I really hate how Sunday and Thursday are stacked with shows I watch(ed), but now easing a bit as the season finales are complete. Michael Buscemi, Steve's brother plays God. Great shot at the end Jackie looking up after an unbelievable day and the reveal of his chalk art on the roof. Forget she put him up there. Edie's sister, Ruth Falco works in the Art dept. Great show, great finale!
post #291 of 384 Old 06-19-2012, 07:13 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 39
I agree with the sentiment here; this really is a great show, one of my favorites. These are characters I enjoy spending time with; I like the fact that they, though flawed, are smart and competent at their jobs. I'm not a fan of shows (say, VEEP) where the characters are buffoons. I just find that depressing for some reason.
post #292 of 384 Old 06-19-2012, 07:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

I loved the Nurse Jackie season finale. The show does about the best job of any show on TV of gracefully jumping back and forth between outright hilarity and sadness. The scenes with Coop and O'Hara were delightful, Zoe was her usual funny charm girl self, and the scene of Charlie flat lining in the OR with his father desperately trying to restart his heart was gut wrenching. Even after 4 seasons, the show doesn't show its age at all.

You have to wonder whether it was difficult for Bobby and Jake Cannavale to shoot that scene. Hopefully art will never imitate life in this instance.
post #293 of 384 Old 06-19-2012, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOPA View Post

Agreed, but the half hour format always leaves you wanting more and am really looking forward to next season.
True. When it's a good episode (and the last for the season) you want more. 30 minutes is probably better. This season got better as it finished out.

larry

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. -- Thomas Alva Edison
post #294 of 384 Old 06-19-2012, 12:24 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PooperScooper View Post

True. When it's a good episode (and the last for the season) you want more. 30 minutes is probably better. This season got better as it finished out.
I agree that this season's episodes got better and better as the season progressed. Overall, I thought this season was the best one since the first; also think the 30 minutes per episode and 10 episode season worked to its benefit because the show's writers had to tell their stories economically.
post #295 of 384 Old 06-19-2012, 01:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal1981 View Post

You have to wonder whether it was difficult for Bobby and Jake Cannavale to shoot that scene. Hopefully art will never imitate life in this instance.

Just one small complaint from me. It better not,there was a lot of Hollywood in that episode. What I'm referring to is he's alone in the ER with Jackie watching him perform CPR on his kid! Whatever happend to megacode and reviving the kid?Jackie had just said she cared for his son and the Doctor did not! Why is it then that she's only observing? I know it's a show but that gives a bad impression to all involved in the health care field. They made him appear as an respiratory arrest and has a bag valve mask attached and was intubated.Where was the Narcan? That's why you continue suppying them with Oxygenated air thru the BVM it's their breathing that stops first due to the depressed respiratory drive and then cardiac arrest.It was made to appear the staff walked away well,it really wouldn't happen especially being a young man with donatable organs! Thank you rant over. I have enjoyed this season of Nurse Jackie it has finally got it's momenteum and steady audience.

"Music is my religion"
Jimi Hendrix

post #296 of 384 Old 06-20-2012, 02:28 AM
AVS Special Member

I have nothing, but praise for this show. I can't think of an episode that was bad ever since it started. I LOVED everything about the finale although... it seemed so short. frown.gif

Karma's a bitch eh Cruz... ?

post #297 of 384 Old 06-20-2012, 03:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

Quote:

I agree that this season's episodes got better and better as the season progressed. Overall, I thought this season was the best one since the first; also think the 30 minutes per episode and 10 episode season worked to its benefit because the show's writers had to tell their stories economically.
I didn't even realize it was a shorter season. smile.gif I just watched the shows when they show up on my Tivo.

larry

post #298 of 384 Old 06-20-2012, 06:33 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

I didn't even realize it was a shorter season. smile.gif I just watched the shows when they show up on my Tivo.
larry
I just watch Nurse Jackie as it shows up on my TiVo, too. The only reason I knew that this season's 10 episodes were fewer than the earlier' 12 episodes seasons was that I looked it up on IMDb before I drafted the post to which you replied..
post #299 of 384 Old 06-20-2012, 08:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp1080 View Post

Just one small complaint from me. It better not,there was a lot of Hollywood in that episode. What I'm referring to is he's alone in the ER with Jackie watching him perform CPR on his kid! Whatever happend to megacode and reviving the kid?Jackie had just said she cared for his son and the Doctor did not! Why is it then that she's only observing? I know it's a show but that gives a bad impression to all involved in the health care field. They made him appear as an respiratory arrest and has a bag valve mask attached and was intubated.Where was the Narcan? That's why you continue suppying them with Oxygenated air thru the BVM it's their breathing that stops first due to the depressed respiratory drive and then cardiac arrest.It was made to appear the staff walked away well,it really wouldn't happen especially being a young man with donatable organs! Thank you rant over. I have enjoyed this season of Nurse Jackie it has finally got it's momenteum and steady audience.

I do agree with that. In reality he would have been coded and an entire team would have surrounded him but, alas, this is television and sometimes dramatic effect trumps the real world. I know some doctors who have refused to watch House because they feel that it paints a completely false and, at times, dangerous picture of their profession.
post #300 of 384 Old 06-29-2012, 07:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp1080 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal1981 View Post

I thought the same. And not to mention that had to be one of the quickest births on record. wink.gif
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page