Nurse Jackie on SHO - Page 14 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 12Likes

post #391 of 399 Old 06-29-2015, 04:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 115
The show stayed true to what I heard long ago, there will be no happy ending. Jackie left a wide path of destruction in her wake. There was a bit of ambiguity at the end, is she dead or alive, at this point I hope it's dead, only so the rest of the characters can move on. Jackie had the ability to suck people in regardless of how much they didn't want to be. I thought about how I would end the show, and I could not come up with any good solutions. Jackie goes to Bellview and continues on the same path? She looses her license and falls into a deep depression? I don't know - I guess this was about the only ending that stayed true.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #392 of 399 Old 06-29-2015, 05:00 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 32
They did not cheap out. If you take the position that the whole show was from her point of view. It ended with the out of body death so to speak and fade to black because there is no heaven..

I don't believe she intended to kill her self but she was having a panic relapse moment when she realized everybody she know was leaving her.

Her family and husband left her.
Her new husband to be is going to jail for a year.
Her best friend (Eve Best walked away) from her.
Her second best friend (Meritt Weaver) said she wanted to move on from her.
Her job ended.

As a result its a start from fresh new sober world (We dont know for sure if she was popping pills or not).

Starting over is a very scary thing so she panic's and resorts to what she knows and grabs some unknown drugs.
Who knows what was in them and if they were tainted she did not care and just did them.

Addiction wins.
post #393 of 399 Old 06-30-2015, 05:13 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by asarose247 View Post
Oh! It was a COMEDY?
I see from the lack of excitement and posts here the that the final season has produced exactly what it and most of the run had deserved :
A COMPLETE WASTE of , whatever . . .

more interesting would to see the final episode viewing numbers for a very much un-ballyhoo-ed "series finale".

You mean they finally figured out what was the stinking up the place?

A story about "life" in a hospital that from the beginning was delivered DOA.

Now, THAT'S funny . . .

FWIW, the last season was excellent, despite a not-so-great ending. I never care about finales. There is no good way to end a show.

This isn't a comedy, but rather an excellent drama about addiction.

David M.
post #394 of 399 Old 06-30-2015, 05:15 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalusky View Post
They did not cheap out. If you take the position that the whole show was from her point of view. It ended with the out of body death so to speak and fade to black because there is no heaven..

I don't believe she intended to kill her self but she was having a panic relapse moment when she realized everybody she know was leaving her.

Her job ended.

As a result its a start from fresh new sober world (We dont know for sure if she was popping pills or not).

Starting over is a very scary thing so she panic's and resorts to what she knows and grabs some unknown drugs.
Who knows what was in them and if they were tainted she did not care and just did them.

Addiction wins.
At least someone else got this. Excellent post. Addicts need the people around them. They just don't want them to get too close.

David M.
post #395 of 399 Old 06-30-2015, 09:08 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:

Her job ended.

Addiction wins.
I agree. However, I interpreted that she didn't die, as her eyes opened at the end. She's still and addict and may have fooled everyone that she was clean, but she relasped yet again like a true addict. They didn't have to show her open her eyes if they wanted us to belive she had died.
post #396 of 399 Old 06-30-2015, 09:20 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdchrgrboy View Post
I agree. However, I interpreted that she didn't die, as her eyes opened at the end. She's still and addict and may have fooled everyone that she was clean, but she relasped yet again like a true addict. They didn't have to show her open her eyes if they wanted us to belive she had died.
It is up to interpretation. The showrunner has said its obvious. All I can say is my dads eyes were wide open after he died.
post #397 of 399 Old 06-30-2015, 09:31 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 37
I second the belief that she just overdoesed and did not die, life goes on. I also joyfully removed the show from my recorded show line-up.
post #398 of 399 Old 06-30-2015, 11:40 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
It is up to interpretation. The showrunner has said its obvious. All I can say is my dads eyes were wide open after he died.
Did your dad also speak? Jackie mumbled after her eyes opened. The article I read from the writer and Falco said she was alive
post #399 of 399 Old 06-30-2015, 12:03 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdchrgrboy View Post
Did your dad also speak? Jackie mumbled after her eyes opened. The article I read from the writer and Falco said she was alive
I saw my dad a little after the fact but I did see my mother in law at the moment of passing. I can tell you its not an instantaneous thing. She did continue to breathe after her heart stopped for a minute or so.
I don't think people die instantly, I think they slowly die from oxygen starvation.

They clearly did it in such a way that they could revive the show if they wanted and let her be gone if they wanted. One thing they did which leads me to feel she is gone is the out of body movement with the camera angle and then a fade to black.

Either way it is clear there is no happy ending.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page