Bump the other thread too?
post #123 of 384 Old 03-22-2010, 09:09 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Wow. Great season opener.

Poor Eddie, starving for attention so much that he OD'd. It was 'funny' how he mentioned "I'm a pharmacist, I know how much to take without killing myself"

Nice to see Dr. Eleanor O'Hara, she's so pretty. Tall, Slender, and with brown hair

It was funny when Dr. Cooper stormed into Akalitus's office with complaints against Jackie. She pretended to write bad things, the note pad ended up saying "World's biggest ass hole"

Good show.
post #124 of 384 Old 03-23-2010, 07:21 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I liked the irony of having Jackie give the nurses a speech about not stealing drugs from the machine. Interesting start, although something seemed off for me, like too much happened in 30 minutes and they glossed over some scenes that needed more .. or something ..
post #125 of 384 Old 03-23-2010, 08:27 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 278 Post(s)
Liked: 551
Because of having both a mail order subscription with Netflix and an in store exchange subscription at a nearby Blockbuster store, I get so many BD movies to watch that I decided to cancel both Showtime and HBO. I will re-up when and if Dexter comes back but until then I'm better off without either premium channel. Still, I will miss Nurse Jackie and will be sure to rent the Season 2 BDs when they become available.
post #126 of 384 Old 03-23-2010, 08:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSperber View Post

Just a reminder...

Season opener happens Monday March 22, 10PM

I missed it. Checked the channel guide at 8PM (CDT), and saw it was a repeat. Didn't bother looking at the 9PM show, because I'm used to Showtime and HBO running their new episodes at 8, and then repeating them later in the evening. I guess they do it different on Mondays. I'll just watch on OnDemand like I did last year.

Art
post #127 of 384 Old 03-23-2010, 10:27 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does anyone know if this will be available as a Netflix Instant View? Like Starz's Spartacus series...
Thanks

Bill
post #128 of 384 Old 03-23-2010, 12:09 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 448 Post(s)
Liked: 442
I must have missed something because as I remember in the closing scene in the last episode Jackie was lying on the floor and appeared to have overdosed on a large amount of morphine.

This episode starts off with no reference to that, in fact, I thought the whole beach scene was a dream sequence until it became clear that it was not.

So what am I not getting? The use of the morphine was just another everyday occurrence for her?
post #129 of 384 Old 03-23-2010, 12:31 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 359 Post(s)
Liked: 255
She didn't "overdose", she simply stole the morphine and got high. It would take a good deal more than what she took to overdose her. I believe they partially dealt with the issue of missing drugs in this episode. While they never explicitly showed her using morphine before, it would be readily available on a daily basis so it's fair to assume she had.
post #130 of 384 Old 03-23-2010, 01:09 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 448 Post(s)
Liked: 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post

She didn't "overdose", she simply stole the morphine and got high. It would take a good deal more than what she took to overdose her. I believe they partially dealt with the issue of missing drugs in this episode. While they never explicitly showed her using morphine before, it would be readily available on a daily basis so it's fair to assume she had.

I guess it was just the sequence of events leading up to it that had me thinking it was something more than normal behavior for her, plus it made for a great season ending cliff-hanger, and in that respect I feel a bit cheated since it apparently wasn't anything of the sort.
post #131 of 384 Old 03-23-2010, 10:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young C View Post

It was funny when Dr. Cooper stormed into Akalitus's office with complaints against Jackie. She pretended to write bad things, the note pad ended up saying "World's biggest ass hole"

Damn that was hilarious. Anne Devere Smith is one of my favorite actresses so it's all good when she gets some decent screen time.
post #132 of 384 Old 03-25-2010, 04:52 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Copied from the Tara thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gruven42 View Post

Renewed for third season

SHOWTIME Gives Its Hit Dark Comedy Series NURSE JACKIE and UNITED STATES OF TARA Third Season Pick Ups

LOS ANGELES, CA March 25, 2010 - On the heels of their record ratings for their second season debuts, two of SHOWTIME'S critically and audience acclaimed original comedy series NURSE JACKIE and the Emmy® winning UNITED STATES OF TARA, have both been renewed for a third season. Both half-hour comedy series have received 12 episode orders and will go into production later in the year. The announcement was made today by Robert Greenblatt, President of Entertainment, Showtime Networks Inc.

SHOWTIME is enormously proud of these two series starring two of the best actresses working today, said Greenblatt. Both are iconic shows for our brand and our thanks to the dedicated producers, cast, and crews who work so hard to make them so great. Edie Falco's portrayal of the fierce Jackie' is another extraordinary example of her range and brilliance, and recent Emmy® and Golden Globe® wins for Toni Collette in her tour de force role as a woman with multiple personalities put her in a class by herself. Strong women will continue to rule on this network for a long time to come.

post #133 of 384 Old 03-28-2010, 08:19 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 21
At an age when many wive's same age, or older husbands are dumping them for younger women....She has a loyal, much younger husband, kids that could pass as her grand kids, a former lover so desperate that he chances death in a mock suicide...just so she will talk to him! Not to mention the young doctor all torn to pieces because she won't go out with him!

Are those drugs she is addicted to? Or, some super-duper queen bee pheromones?

And Edie wondered why she was in the comedy catagory?
post #134 of 384 Old 03-30-2010, 09:09 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

This week's episode was grand. So many good moments.

How about O'Hara being on ecstasy? She could feel on me all night

GOD was hurt and taken into the hospital. Nice to the crazy back this season.

Coop twittering was funny.
post #135 of 384 Old 03-31-2010, 02:36 PM

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 323
Quote:

This week's episode was grand. So many good moments.

How about O'Hara being on ecstasy? She could feel on me all night

GOD was hurt and taken into the hospital. Nice to the crazy back this season.

Coop twittering was funny.

I thought so, too. Excellent episode.

larry

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. -- Thomas Alva Edison
post #136 of 384 Old 03-31-2010, 04:50 PM
AVS Addicted Member

I think this show may be hitting it's stride. This looks to be an excellent season with many well-developed characters and side stories.
post #137 of 384 Old 04-07-2010, 08:45 AM

Another excellent episode. It was over and it seemed like it just started! It was a few minutes shy of my 30 minute recording which has a minute or so of the normal "junk" at the beginning. So it looks like Thor really does have a fake eye in real life?

larry

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. -- Thomas Alva Edison
post #138 of 384 Old 04-07-2010, 12:29 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Interesting. I thought it was an in-set thing. I googled and came up with,
"A small thing that was not covered in this interview: Stephen Wallem also only has one real eye as his character, so the eyepiece that he took out in episode 2 was not a trick. He mentioned it in the advocate interview and on his twitter account. "

I agree. Coop getting into the "Top 25 doctors" was funny. Him and his "tweeting!" He even tweeted infront of Akalitus

Nice cover up by Jackie when the daughter's friend saw her snorting a line.

Interested in where this season takes us now that Eddie is a "Family friend"
post #139 of 384 Old 04-07-2010, 02:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:

Interested in where this season takes us now that Eddie is a "Family friend"

Nothing good can come out of Eddie worming his way into the house. So it should be interesting to see where the show goes with it next week.

post #140 of 384 Old 04-07-2010, 07:55 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by PooperScooper View Post

Another excellent episode.

As Stephen Colbert would say... "excellent, or BEST EVER"?

I was absolutely hysterical during multiple scenes this week. The whole dog-bit-his-face-off and his "testicles migrated out of fear" (like the old "predator self-defense" mechanism, as Coop described, back when there were saber-tooth tigers) arc was simply unbelievable. And then the subsequent argument between the urologist/surgeon and plastic surgeon about who gets to go first was brilliant... with Jackie eventually deciding that the mumbling victim had said "save my balls", so that was how it went.

And then when O'Hara passes Zoey in the hall, and asks her about her obvious plans for the evening, and the two of them have a pose-off with Zoey mimicking her precise stance, and then O'Hara asks "and I assume there will be people there?"... that whole scene and their dialog together was pure genius.

I could go on and on. In what is turning out to be an amazing season, this particular episode should get a writing and acting award. It was absolutely remarkable. side-trips and side-arcs, character interactions, that funny story line about the top-25 doctors in NYC that was portrayed so well by everybody who contributed some witty tidbit, Jackie making up the fiction about the pin number which was one-digit off from Zoey's pin number...

I mean the writers for this particular show were totally inspired. Just something special. Hard to believe they got it all into one 28-minute episode. Cram-packed with zingers and gems. Even the little epilog with O'Hara and Akalitus out there sitting in front of the statue was uproarious. O'Hara just wouldn't let go of "where the F*** am I in that list of top-25?" thought... but first had to say "I don't think I've ever seen you eat"!

Zoey was simply terrific in this episode. I really really really like her character, and her body language and facial mannerisms and vocalizations (like the gasp she made when Jackie was discovering the empty scrotum and Zoey came over to look), her delivery of comic lines (like after Coop had described the testicle migration into the protection of the pelvis area, and regarding the term "migration" she first said "like birds", and when Coop described the reason for their migration she later added "they can do that??").

SIMPLY STUNNING! Best writing on a TV show I have seen since the Sopranos disappeared, and The Wire vanished. Certainly the top episode of this series to date, I think... though there were a NUMBER of genius story lines and side-arc character interactions last season (I loved the one with the two sisters, one a patient and the other a model... putting the move on Coop).
post #141 of 384 Old 04-08-2010, 05:08 AM

After the last few episodes, Zoey has become my favorite character.

larry

post #142 of 384 Old 04-14-2010, 05:31 AM

I'm starting to sound like a broken record - another excellent episode. The apple brought back some memories.

larry

post #143 of 384 Old 04-14-2010, 06:35 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Sweet.

I agree, great episode.

I was I got lucky with Dr. O'Hara. That was totally unexpected.
post #144 of 384 Old 04-20-2010, 06:48 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Who would have thought Dr. O'Hara was gay.

Jackie was nice, letting that illegal skip away free.

I don't see why Jackie "relapsed" and called Eddie to hang out. Maybe because she was mad at her husband from the previous night?
post #145 of 384 Old 05-04-2010, 12:47 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Wow. Epic episode last night. So many good scenes to talk about..

How about Jackie's verbal fight with her husband?
I agreed with her husband, more than I agreed with her. (Jackie's the one using drugs and sleeping around.)
post #146 of 384 Old 05-04-2010, 03:47 PM
AVS Addicted Member

They're all great episodes.

Zoey's character is taking some interesting turns.
post #147 of 384 Old 05-11-2010, 01:04 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I liked when Eddie brought his date to the bar while everybody (Jackie, O'Hara, and Kevin) was there. Talk about an awkward moment.
post #148 of 384 Old 05-19-2010, 06:47 AM

It will be interesting to see how Jackie's character ultimately ends up. This week she's taking money from her friend to most likely feed her drug habit and she threw the new male nurse (I forget his name) under the bus. Another very good episode.

I just noticed on IMDB that "God" is Steve Buscemi's brother. I have noticed while watching that Steve Buscemi has directed some episodes.

larry

post #149 of 384 Old 05-19-2010, 07:28 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Seems pretty evident that Jackie is headed for a train wreck at home. Pretty much every episode they give us something new to not like about her.
post #150 of 384 Old 05-19-2010, 07:56 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PooperScooper View Post

It will be interesting to see how Jackie's character ultimately ends up. This week she's taking money from her friend to most likely feed her drug habit and she threw the new male nurse (I forget his name) under the bus. Another very good episode.

I just noticed on IMDB that "God" is Steve Buscemi's brother. I have noticed while watching that Steve Buscemi has directed some episodes.

larry

His name is Sam, played by Arjun Gupta.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3231715/

Oh no, You really think she's going to spend the gift money on drugs? You could be right, if she uses the money for her daughter's education, Kevin will find out possibly.
Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page