'Glee' on FOX HD - Page 49 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1441 of 2117 Old 02-09-2011, 09:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Finally I see what everyone else has been talking about with Santana. Maybe it's a change of makeup or something, but she seemed ungodly hot to me last night where before my reaction was always..."okay, nothing more" (though she was always a talented performer).

CW Hinkle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1442 of 2117 Old 02-09-2011, 10:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappy97 View Post

now that's a good glee episode: Great music, light-hearted, a sprinkle of serious drama (but not too much), and best of all, no karofsky.

+1

The above post is 100% medically accurate

31 Days of Horror:

post #1443 of 2117 Old 02-09-2011, 11:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaded Dogfood View Post

Finally I see what everyone else has been talking about with Santana. Maybe it's a change of makeup or something, but she seemed ungodly hot to me last night where before my reaction was always..."okay, nothing more" (though she was always a talented performer).

The thing I've noticed about Santana, and even Brittany and Quinn for that matter, is that whenever they have the cheerleader uniforms on, they ALWAYS have their hair pulled back into a tight ponytail. Any other outfit, and they let their hair down, and in my opinion, they are all much hotter with their hair down. I can only imagine how hot they might be with the hair down and in the cheerleader outfits! I like a lot of stuff about Glee, but I definitely think Santana is what keeps me watching.

Rocky
post #1444 of 2117 Old 02-09-2011, 05:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyF View Post

The thing I've noticed about Santana, and even Brittany and Quinn for that matter, is that whenever they have the cheerleader uniforms on, they ALWAYS have their hair pulled back into a tight ponytail. Any other outfit, and they let their hair down, and in my opinion, they are all much hotter with their hair down. I can only imagine how hot they might be with the hair down and in the cheerleader outfits! I like a lot of stuff about Glee, but I definitely think Santana is what keeps me watching.

Diana Agron and Heather Morris, without their Cheerio outfits and with their hair down look entirely different. Morris is much prettier this way and Agron is just beautiful. As for Naya Rivera in that candy stripe nurse outfit, quick where is the nearest hospital Just blazing hot.

One of the reasons that we thought that last night's show was so good was that it returned to the formula that made the first year so special. It was just about the kids, their emotions and relationships with some solid musical numbers thrown in. No guest stars, or loony Sueisms, just the kids and it worked. It also wasn't that big a departure from reality. I was the VP and then Prez of the Boosters of my daughter's competition high school marching band and I can tell you that playing musical chairs with their relationships was not uncommon among the beasties. It could lead to all sorts of angst and drama amongst the flock. Lotsa fun for our band directors
post #1445 of 2117 Old 02-10-2011, 08:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal1981 View Post
One of the reasons that we thought that last night's show was so good was that it returned to the formula that made the first year so special. It was just about the kids, their emotions and relationships with some solid musical numbers thrown in. No guest stars, or loony Sueisms, just the kids and it worked. It also wasn't that big a departure from reality.
Totally agreed. This was probably the best episode of the season. The scenes with Puck and the big girl were hilarious. The only thing that seemed kind of odd was the scene with Tina breaking down as she was singing. It was hard to tell if she was crying or getting sick, then they never explained why she got that way. You'd think there would be at least a mention of it to finish it up.
post #1446 of 2117 Old 02-10-2011, 09:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 125
just heard a commercial on the radio for the live show. Coming to Philly in June. Aww yeah!

Tour dates:

http://www.gleetour.com/

The above post is 100% medically accurate

31 Days of Horror:

post #1447 of 2117 Old 02-11-2011, 08:00 PM
AVS Special Member

The last 2 episodes have been some of the best of the season. Hope they keep it up! The warblers seem to get all the best musical numbers!
post #1448 of 2117 Old 02-15-2011, 05:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savageone79 View Post

I really doubt there will be a Justin Beiber ep.

wrong
post #1449 of 2117 Old 02-15-2011, 07:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Let me get this out of the way...I hate Justin Bieber. So tonights episode was not one I liked. The music wasn't anything special. Even the big anthem song by My Chemical Romance did nothing for me.

Also, everybody dressing like Rachel is not good. It's not a sexy look. Everybody needs to dress like Santana or Brittany. I loved the comment by Brittany about not understanding how to read a calendar.
post #1450 of 2117 Old 02-15-2011, 08:42 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
[quote]http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethe...hemselves.html

Quote:

Brad Falchuk says some people have jumped the gun on the planned Justin Bieber episode of "Glee."

And he should know.

As an executive producer and creator of the hugely popular Tuesday FOX show -- along with Ryan Murphy and Ian Brennan -- Falchuk was in from the start on talks about incorporating the teen star's music into an upcoming episode.

"It was so crazy over the weekend," Falchuk tells Zap2it. "We're not doing a Bieber tribute episode. It was never the idea to do a Bieber tribute episode. We went in and broke this story about Sam's (Chord Overstreet) relationship with Quinn (Dianna Agron). He's trying to juice that up and impress her, and he decides to sing to her ... because that's what people do on 'Glee.'

"In his way of seeing the world, and his hair, Sam decides to do a Bieber song ... and that's really the extent of it. A lot of the other guys are sort of impressed by that, so they want to get involved. And that's it.

So they lied to us or does two songs not make a themed ep???
post #1451 of 2117 Old 02-15-2011, 10:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 73
I actually like this weeks episode after disliking the last few weeks. I think in part it was due to a whiny Kurt free zone. Music was OK, nothing special but I like Sue's interaction this week, at least she was not shooting a cherio out of a canon.
post #1452 of 2117 Old 02-15-2011, 10:54 PM
AVS Special Member

i was wondering when we'd hear about aural intensity again, sue is the perfect coach!
post #1453 of 2117 Old 02-16-2011, 05:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 174
Excellent episode (other then the Beiber lame music). Puck was cracking me up, way to funny.

post #1454 of 2117 Old 02-16-2011, 06:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 367
I thought this week episode was not as strong as last weeks. The music was not that great. I actually liked the Bieber stuff, but everything else was kind of meh. It is a real shame they don't do more trio songs. I can understand not doing the big group numbers every week, but a little more harmonies would be interesting.
post #1455 of 2117 Old 02-16-2011, 07:29 AM
AVS Special Member

We enjoyed the show last night and as closet "Rent Heads" loved Rachel and Mercede's Diva showdown. One thing that's puzzling is why the kids kept saying that Aural Intensity "cleaned our clocks" at regionals last year. They did no such thing and were not nearly as good as New Directions (which they knew when they heard them over the speaker in the ready room). ND got jobbed by Judges Groban and Newton-John specifically. I would have thought that Shuster would have dissuaded his charges from that notion.

On the hormonal side, Agron and Rivera looked particulary yummy last night and Morris wasn't too shabby as well.
post #1456 of 2117 Old 02-16-2011, 11:11 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 464
Quote:

We enjoyed the show last night and as closet "Rent Heads" loved Rachel and Mercede's Diva showdown.

On the hormonal side, Agron and Rivera looked particulary yummy last night and Morris wasn't too shabby as well.

I loved the Diva-thon, too. The song from Rent was great and those incredibly talented, big voiced girls knocked it out of the park. That's what Glee's all about.

I agree that the pretty girls looked particularly pretty last night. I confess, though that Puck's obsession with the morbidly obese girl, Lauren Zizes, has struck me as more creepy than funny.
post #1457 of 2117 Old 02-16-2011, 01:00 PM
AVS Special Member

2 songs don't make it a Justin Beiber episode!
post #1458 of 2117 Old 02-16-2011, 01:01 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

I agree that the pretty girls looked particularly pretty last night. I confess, though that Puck's obsession with the morbidly obese girl, Lauren Zizes, has struck me as more creepy than funny.

It is creepy, but no more creepy than Tiger Woods. Like Woods, Puck is shown to be able to get anything he wants in terms of women. But this one woman shuns him and rejects him. That makes him want her more.

What we've seen from Tiger Woods (in cheating on his spouse and then recently being extremely jealous over his ex-wife's new relationship), is that while he seemingly can get everything and anything he wants, what he wants badly is what he can't have. That's what turns him on, and for Puck it's the same thing.

That makes some sense to me, especially in the Glee fantasy world where the notion can be exaggerated.

What didn't make sense was in the opening segment when bully Sue was storming down the aisle and shoved Lauren's books out of her hands. Lauren is shown to be the toughest female in the school (student, teacher or otherwise, and tougher than most males). No way does she just let Sue slap her books out of her hand. When I saw Sue go towards Lauren, I was expecting a shove from Lauren that would send Sue flying, and then Sue would simply get up and continue bullying other kids.
post #1459 of 2117 Old 02-16-2011, 02:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeykid View Post

i was wondering when we'd hear about aural intensity again, sue is the perfect coach!

I know better than to question the "reality" of this show, but as soon as she said that, I wondered how they made it to regionals without a director. How is it they need one in the middle of the competition year?
post #1460 of 2117 Old 02-16-2011, 02:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappy97 View Post

So they lied to us or does two songs not make a themed ep???

Two songs does not make a themed ep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpeacock22 View Post

I know better than to question the "reality" of this show, but as soon as she said that, I wondered how they made it to regionals without a director. How is it they need one in the middle of the competition year?

There are plenty of potential reasons. Teacher gets sick or has an accident. Teacher has to suddenly relocate because of a spouse. Teacher is fired for some reason.

Quote:

One thing that's puzzling is why the kids kept saying that Aural Intensity "cleaned our clocks" at regionals last year. They did no such thing and were not nearly as good as New Directions (which they knew when they heard them over the speaker in the ready room). ND got jobbed by Judges Groban and Newton-John specifically. I would have thought that Shuster would have dissuaded his charges from that notion.

Well, they did beat them, for whatever reason. And from Mr. Shue's perspective, why not make sure the kids are as motivated as possible?
post #1461 of 2117 Old 02-17-2011, 07:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike4HDTV View Post

Also, everybody dressing like Rachel is not good. It's not a sexy look.

I guess that depends on each person. I liked it myself.
post #1462 of 2117 Old 02-17-2011, 01:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRM4 View Post

Bonus points for everything being the same except for "Raindeer" vs. "Carousel Horses." Raindeer are *soooo* uncool.
post #1463 of 2117 Old 02-18-2011, 08:01 AM
JHL
Advanced Member

Did Sue Sylvester really say "Come Now Michelle", when talking to Rachel in the hallway?
post #1464 of 2117 Old 02-18-2011, 10:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRM4 View Post

Agreed. Naughty schoolgirl is the stuff of fantasy for many
post #1465 of 2117 Old 02-18-2011, 11:00 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHL View Post

Did Sue Sylvester really say "Come Now Michelle", when talking to Rachel in the hallway?

Thats what we thought too. We replayed it and it sounded like Sue was pronouncing it Ray-shell, with a french accent but it could've went either way. That would have been cool had she said Michelle and they left it in.
post #1466 of 2117 Old 02-18-2011, 08:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
I thought the same, Michelle.
post #1467 of 2117 Old 02-19-2011, 06:49 AM

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Probably not likely unless she calls her by her last name when they aren't in character. I'd think if it was a slip of the tongue she'd have said "Lea".
post #1468 of 2117 Old 02-19-2011, 03:41 PM

The closed caption showed:
Oh, come, now, "Ra-chelle,"
it doesn't humble me too much
post #1469 of 2117 Old 02-19-2011, 07:15 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPanther95 View Post

Probably not likely unless she calls her by her last name when they aren't in character. I'd think if it was a slip of the tongue she'd have said "Lea".

Michele is actually her middle name anyway, but yeah I agree I doubt they'd call her that.
post #1470 of 2117 Old 02-20-2011, 12:05 PM
AVS Special Member

I was cruising through Glee clips on YouTube and came across a subscriber channel with nothing but acapella versions of most of the show's songs for both seasons. I'm not sure how these are accomplished technically. Either the tracks are stripped of the background instrumentals and, somehow they are de-autotuned or they are bootlegs of actual recording sound booth sessions but if you want to really gauge the quality of the kid's voices, listen to a bunch of them. They are fascinating and hearing the great Kristen Cheoweth and Idina Menzel sing "cold turkey" is amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/user/GleeAcapellaChannel#p/
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page