post #301 of 309 Old 11-25-2009, 03:01 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berk32 View Post

I just checked - it wasn't her.

I wasn't 100% but it does look like her to me. I hadn't seen her in a while (I was thinking the person looks a little better, but nowadays with the wonders of science).

larry

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. -- Thomas Alva Edison
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #302 of 309 Old 11-25-2009, 10:21 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by PooperScooper View Post

... there was another quick cameo - this time Cameron Diaz - anybody else see her?

Absolutely 100% not her. Not even close. Not even remotely close. Just some random blonde "atmo girl" on the lot.

post #303 of 309 Old 11-29-2009, 07:51 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Does anyone know whether the first six seasons of Curb were shot on film, HD video, or standard def video? Amazon has a pretty decent deal for the first six seasons on DVD right now, and I was wondering if a Blu-ray release of those seasons was possible before I decide to buy.

post #304 of 309 Old 11-29-2009, 08:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzzin View Post

Does anyone know whether the first six seasons of Curb were shot on film, HD video, or standard def video? Amazon has a pretty decent deal for the first six seasons on DVD right now, and I was wondering if a Blu-ray release of those seasons was possible before I decide to buy.

Pretty sure it was video...pretty..pretty..pretty sure... and I would guess that it was not HD, since this year it is.

IFIRC Plus 8 Video was always listed as the equipment co. from day one.

Larry

I thought we were cool de la?
post #305 of 309 Old 11-29-2009, 08:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzzin View Post

Does anyone know whether the first six seasons of Curb were shot on film, HD video, or standard def video?

Yeah, what LL3HD said is correct ... they were all on SD video. Weird looking video at that, as it only had half the normal vertical resolution, creating some real jagged edges. The DVDs are as good as these are going to get.
post #306 of 309 Old 12-09-2009, 09:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Time Magazine recognizes "The Table Read" among the Top 10 TV Episodes of 2009.

http://www.time.com/time/specials/pa...944128,00.html

Larry

I thought we were cool de la?
post #307 of 309 Old 03-22-2010, 03:00 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
From TV Week
Quote:
The Half-Hour(ish) Sitcom 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' Becomes an Hour in Syndication NY Times

HBO's "Curb Your Enthusiasm" is making its way towards cable syndication in November on the TV Guide Channel, but the show brings along some peculiar baggage, the New York Times reports.

Creator Larry David said he was unwilling to make syndication cuts on "Curb," to make it fit the usual half-hour time slot. The show generally runs the 29-minutes on HBO and would need to be cut to 21-minutes of programming material. David said the cuts would take out good material.

So, a solution was found: TV Guide weill slot each episode for an hour (meaning no syndication cuts), but David has to fill the rest of the hour. He will produce a seven-to-10 minute panel discussions, hosted by "Curb's" Susie Essman, that will go along with each episode.

Panelists have not been named yet.

'Better Living Through Modern, Expensive, Electronic Devices'

post #308 of 309 Old 03-22-2010, 03:13 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I prefer the way they are doing it to having them cut out 25% of each episode just to have it fit in a 30 minute window.

Good solution.
post #309 of 309 Old 03-22-2010, 04:32 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 98
TV Guide Channel is a BAD SOLUTION for anything! Can't believe Larry would accept it... unless they're going to suppress their channel guide scroll during his show.

Half the screen is taken up by the Guide scroll! That's what this channel is! And the upper half is all advertisements!

I used to watch the Red Carpet shows on TVGC during award season (along with E! and ABC), just to get some variety. But the obstructive graphics were so awful that I have now opted out.

Even their version of "Fashion Police" the day after the award shows is insulting to viewers. Instead of having a 1-hour break in Guide scroll so that you could actually see the fashions being isolated and shown, again half the screen was completely obscured... FOR THE WHOLE HOUR... with Guide scroll. Literally half the screen of fashions and celebrities was "invisible" and blocked. Could not see people's feet or shoes or legs.

How can this be a reasonable outlet for "Curb"? What is he thinking they will do... suppress the Guide during his show?

And what about Susie's mouth? Are they going to bleep the profanity, which is much of the fun when it's coming from her?

Anyway, I have no desire to watch "Curb" watered down and edited in non-HD syndication, just as I had no desire to watch "Dexter" watered down for CBS and just as I do not watch "Sopranos" watered down for A&E. The un-watered original was the experience to have been had, and that's when I had it.
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page