America's Got Talent Season 4 - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 98 Old 09-17-2009, 06:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 268
Great start to the show, with the exception of Kevin Skinner signing disco. They changed things quite a bit from last year with a lot more focus on entertainment. Last year they had the winner sing with plenty of time to talk about the experience. This year they left little time for either person to say anything, very similar to what happened a few years ago. A step back in that department.

I really liked Susan Boyle's cover of the Stones, Wild Horses. Shakira lip-synching when everyone else sang live was pathetic.

I'm in agreement that Kevin Skinner sang better earlier in the season and went downhill from there. I still think the judges were told to hype him and therefore influenced the voting public. I said all along he was the sentimental favorite - no job, crying, good guy, and country singer - so it wasn't out of the realm of possibilities that he won, but I was shocked.

We all questioned whether America would vote for opera 2 years running and that was answered, but I don't think she lost because of that. Last year Neal E. Boyd won over Eli Matson by less that ½ of 1%, so it wasn't like it was a landslide. And Neal, like Barbara, has an outstanding voice. Lets face it, opera isn't the most popular form of music in America, but people can and do appreciate talent and good singing when they hear and see it, and Barbara did finish second, so I can't complain. Disappointed, yes, but I'm happy for Kevin.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 98 Old 09-17-2009, 06:31 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Yah I did like the Top 10 routine, even though a couple of the singers didn't belong in that type of song. But was just plain weird was the Audition All-Stars routine. Why they bloody well agreed to come back and act a fool is beyond me? Ugh...I was cringing the whole time once they began the live portion...

I watched the first couple of stars do their thing, but whoever that She-Wolf lady was....she got fast forwarded as soon as she did "Ah-woooooo!". W...T...F....
post #93 of 98 Old 09-17-2009, 07:22 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Where is Kanye West when you need him?

I was torqued last year when the opera singer won. Now I'm torqued this year because the opera singer didn't win.
post #94 of 98 Old 09-17-2009, 09:22 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 35
OT: Raise your hand if you also think the Kanye bit was a scripted publicity stunt (that is working since everyone is talking about it).
post #95 of 98 Old 09-17-2009, 11:45 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 26
Who called it?

Regardless of who deserves to win we know at this point these types of shows are popularity contests and not talent shows at all. Pierce said it himself last week, Kevin was the most "identifiable" and "likeable" guy to an American public who was still in the bouts of a recession- he was bound to win.

That said, best wishes to him and the production company who builds a 70min Las Vegas show around him. This guy is no Terry Fator, but you never know.

In any event, yeah, Shakira sucks, but damn! Her soft-core moves had me thinking, "Is this live TV?" I'm surprised it got by the censors.

XBOX Live: Wagmman
PSN: Wagg
BFBC2: Wagman
Steam: Wag

My Second Life character looks and acts exactly like me except he can fly.
post #96 of 98 Old 09-17-2009, 12:07 PM

Liked: 10
The real winner was Susan Boyle. Her real, natural talent blew everyone else out of the building.
post #97 of 98 Old 09-17-2009, 03:35 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenMacG View Post

The real winner was Susan Boyle. Her real, natural talent blew everyone else out of the building.

If she was competing that would make sense. Also, don't forget she's had almost 2yrs real performance experience and musical training in front of a live audience.

XBOX Live: Wagmman
PSN: Wagg
BFBC2: Wagman
Steam: Wag

My Second Life character looks and acts exactly like me except he can fly.
post #98 of 98 Old 09-17-2009, 04:42 PM

Liked: 10
HI all from the UK. Yes Barbara Padilla should have won but I know how big country is in the states so has to be the reason Kenin Skinner won even though his voice was a bit weak. She would have won without doubt though had she been on Britain's Got Talent as opera / classical music is very very popular here, country is definatly not !

Re Susan Boyle she did very well and the send up she got at the start really was geat.She is far more popular in the US than the UK I'd say.

On a technical note can anyone please help out here. I know AGT is shown in HD so can anyone who did record in HD maybe via their pc etc send me the part in HD with Susan Boyle via MSN or something ? Is HD on NBC 720p or 1080i ?

If anyone can help I'd miuch appreciate this, you can email me direct at amstereofan@gmail.com
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page