Warehouse 13 on Syfy - Page 17 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #481 of 696 Old 08-25-2011, 09:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Might be light and frothy now, but I'm wondering how dark they'll go when they finally get on to the arc with the FBI agent (and her bosses) who's clearly gone over to the dark side. What evil are they going to be up to?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #482 of 696 Old 08-25-2011, 10:54 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebkell View Post

What do you all think about the dual cases going on nearly every week, last night Myka and Pete on the old partner thing and Jinx and Claude on an unrelated quest.

I'm still on the fence, but I think I like it better when the whole crew is concentrating on a main case, I don't hate the dual case thing, but I think I like the whole crew involved and interacting. Just my thoughts.

I kinda like it. In the past, they usually had Pete and Myka out in the field, while Artie and Claudia dealt with some kind of thing back at the warehouse. Upgrading the network, fixing the security system, etc. We'd follow Pete and Myka for a while, then check on how things are going at the warehouse. So there were generally A and B plots going on. Now, we have an A team and a B team in the field, but it's basically the same thing. In fact, with the doorknob plot, it still ended up taking place mostly back at the warehouse anyway.
post #483 of 696 Old 08-29-2011, 09:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 38
Interesting episode. We learned...

1) Mrs. Frederic's first name (Irene)
2) Bad girl Sally Stukowsi's been faking her southern accent (she's from Connecticut)
3) Jinks got fired! Boo!
4) One of the regents (Kate Mulgrew channeling her Capt. Janeway character from Star Trek:Voyager) is Pete's mom.
post #484 of 696 Old 08-29-2011, 10:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Oh come on, this looks like one of the oldest plot devices. Jinks gets fired, gets recruited by the other side and works as a double agent.

Sad to say Kate is a little more than Kate plus 8...
post #485 of 696 Old 08-30-2011, 11:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by humdinger70 View Post

Interesting episode. We learned...

1) Mrs. Frederic's first name (Irene)
2) Bad girl Sally Stukowsi's been faking her southern accent (she's from Connecticut)
3) Jinks got fired! Boo!

I never really cared for Jinks at all, so this did not make me the leaast bit unhappy. Mrs. Frederic was way over the line when he pulled his gun on her, BUT, she was under a lot of pressure to save the "hostages" in the crumbling building. The time was crucial. I could see both points of view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by humdinger70 View Post

4) One of the regents (Kate Mulgrew channeling her Capt. Janeway character from Star Trek:Voyager) is Pete's mom.

At the end, I recognized the voice of the hidden mastermind behind the cabal, but I couldn't place it. Any ideas?

Also, they never said exactly what the cabal has against the warehouse regents and agents. I'd like to know what their issue is. Clearly they aren't above using artifacts for death and torture.

Luke

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.-JOA
post #486 of 696 Old 08-30-2011, 01:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 247
Jinks bugs me. With that said, I quite enjoyed last nights episode. Looking forward to seeing how this plays out. When they showed Kate at the end, I had a feeling her and Pete had a connection.

Growing Older But Not Up
post #487 of 696 Old 08-30-2011, 01:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt L View Post

Oh come on, this looks like one of the oldest plot devices. Jinks gets fired, gets recruited by the other side and works as a double agent.

Agreed... I thought that was where they were headed a couple of episodes back, since I figured he would tip to FBI-lady being dishonest... but the episodes played out differently.

Since they killed FBI girl, though... no one on the other side will be surprised if Jinx shows up and wants to join in because the last thing she said was that she thought she was winning him over.

I'm still sure that Jinx ends up being the key to everything by being a double-agent... they are just getting there differently than I originally thought.

Yeah baby!  It's Halloween!
post #488 of 696 Old 09-02-2011, 07:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 28
I finally watched this week's episode. Those of us who were complaining about the wackiness factor must have been happy with this intense, violent episode. I thought it was well done, but I actually enjoy the light, frothy episodes better. There are already enough TV shows that take themselves too seriously; it was nice to find one that could poke fun at nearly everything.

I never thought Jinks was a particularly interesting character. They tried to make him stand out by being gay and Buddhist, but his personality was very flat. They tried to round out the cast by making him Claudia's partner, but I thought she was well-paired with Artie, which leaves Jinks as an unnecessary 3rd wheel.

Doug
post #489 of 696 Old 09-06-2011, 10:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougotte View Post

...I never thought Jinks was a particularly interesting character. They tried to make him stand out by being gay and Buddhist, but his personality was very flat. They tried to round out the cast by making him Claudia's partner, but I thought she was well-paired with Artie, which leaves Jinks as an unnecessary 3rd wheel.

Doug

I agree with you completely on this. We'll see what happens next though. His whole usefulness might be as a fired warehouse agent with some axe to grind.

Did you notince in the opening credits, they show a very short scene with the warhouse agents looking at the warehouse from the office, and Jinx is not there with the others.

Luke

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.-JOA
post #490 of 696 Old 09-06-2011, 10:56 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 98
My prediction is that Jinx will be a part of the Warehouse team, not a disgruntled former employee. He just hasn't been upgraded to full status (or full employment) yet in the credits.

Joe Clark

post #491 of 696 Old 09-06-2011, 11:28 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Clark View Post

My prediction is that Jinx will be a part of the Warehouse team, not a disgruntled former employee. He just hasn't been upgraded to full status (or full employment) yet in the credits.

+1 - I enjoyed his character and thought he played well with Claudia also.

"I shall not commit the fashionable stupidity of regarding everything I cannot explain as a fraud." - C.G.Jung

post #492 of 696 Old 09-06-2011, 04:11 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltownsend View Post

+1 - I enjoyed his character and thought he played well with Claudia also.

Me too.
post #493 of 696 Old 09-06-2011, 04:32 PM

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Church AV Guy View Post

I agree with you completely on this. We'll see what happens next though. His whole usefulness might be as a fired warehouse agent with some axe to grind.

Did you notince in the opening credits, they show a very short scene with the warhouse agents looking at the warehouse from the office, and Jinx is not there with the others.

I don't think he was ever in the scene in front of the office, I had noticed that many weeks ago.
Also I don't think he is done, as a highly secret agency, I doubt they would just fire him and let him walk away. I predict he will either be back or somehow removed from society or possibly taken out.

Denon AVR-X4000, Panasonic TCP-55VT50, OPPO BDP-103, DirecTV HR44-700, Apple TV
Polk Audio RTi-A9, RTi-A7, RTi-A3, CSi-A6 & DSW PRO 660
post #494 of 696 Old 09-07-2011, 09:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk68 View Post
I don't think he was ever in the scene in front of the office, I had noticed that many weeks ago.
Also I don't think he is done, as a highly secret agency, I doubt they would just fire him and let him walk away. I predict he will either be back or somehow removed from society or possibly taken out.
Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that it was only that week that he was missing from that scene. The shot has been in the openeing all season, and Jinks has never been in it.

Luke

post #495 of 696 Old 09-07-2011, 03:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Church AV Guy View Post

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that it was only that week that he was missing from that scene. The shot has been in the openeing all season, and Jinks has never been in it.

To be fair... I believe he was in that scene in episode 1 of this season because Myka was not.

But every episode once Myka was back, then Jinx was not in that scene.

post #496 of 696 Old 09-07-2011, 04:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMe2 View Post

To be fair... I believe he was in that scene in episode 1 of this season because Myka was not.

But every episode once Myka was back, then Jinx was not in that scene.

If that's true, I stand corrected. I cannot remember specifically that far back, and it has been LONG deleted from the DVR. I suppose I shouldn't have used the word ""never".

Luke

post #497 of 696 Old 09-07-2011, 04:50 PM
AVS Special Member

I'm 99% positive he was never in the opening sequence (and certainly not in that first episode since he hadn't even been introduced as a character yet). I remember thinking "Oh, there's Myka, which means she's gonna come back full time" during one of those first episodes from the season.
post #498 of 696 Old 09-07-2011, 07:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugnax555 View Post

I'm 99% positive he was never in the opening sequence (and certainly not in that first episode since he hadn't even been introduced as a character yet). I remember thinking "Oh, there's Myka, which means she's gonna come back full time" during one of those first episodes from the season.

Make it 100%, I still have all of this years episodes on the DVR and rewatched the first episode and it was definitely Myka in the opening sequence of the first show and has been for the first three. I enjoyed rewatching ep 1 so much that I just kept watching and now I'm on the third one.
post #499 of 696 Old 09-08-2011, 03:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebkell View Post

Make it 100%, I still have all of this years episodes on the DVR and rewatched the first episode and it was definitely Myka in the opening sequence of the first show and has been for the first three. I enjoyed rewatching ep 1 so much that I just kept watching and now I'm on the third one.

I don't have it to re-watch... but I know I saw them do the opening-style sequence with Jinx in that first episode. Maybe they just didn't do it at the start? But I know they did it at some point...

post #500 of 696 Old 09-08-2011, 04:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMe2 View Post

I don't have it to re-watch... but I know I saw them do the opening-style sequence with Jinx in that first episode. Maybe they just didn't do it at the start? But I know they did it at some point...

I can't find it, there was hardly any opening sequence in the first episode. They had the previously stuff at the beginning, then they went to the Hendrix guitar and Jinxy catches them in the act, and Mrs Frederics(sp?) shows up and invites him to the WH, then we something like a quick 8 or 10 second music intro and right back to the story with Jinx and GPS finding the Warehouse, Claudia does her Prius commercial and at the 15 min mark we have another commercial, funny the breaks were very swift on the opening ep, like they were cramming a little more story in than usual.

But, I honestly can't find any kind of sequence with Jinxy in it.
post #501 of 696 Old 09-14-2011, 03:49 PM

Liked: 13
So now its bets on who will be the "main character" that won't be back/survive next week. I can't remember how the wording was. But this may be how they solve the secrecy issue when Jinxy was fired.

Only time will tell...

Denon AVR-X4000, Panasonic TCP-55VT50, OPPO BDP-103, DirecTV HR44-700, Apple TV
Polk Audio RTi-A9, RTi-A7, RTi-A3, CSi-A6 & DSW PRO 660
post #502 of 696 Old 09-14-2011, 05:18 PM
AVS Special Member

It's so obvious, though, that Jinx wasn't really fired... that Mrs Frederick signed him up for a covert op.. It doesn't work if people aren't mad at Mrs Frederick for firing Jinx.

IF he truly was fired... they would have showed that scene. All we saw was Jinx saying he was fired and asking Claudia to leave it... which seemed like him trying as best he could to keep her out of things.

Of course, they could still kill Jinx off by having him do something heroic to save Claudia or someone... but no way is he really fired. Not over that one thing.

Heck, I almost think the whole torture scene was staged by Mrs Frederick to sell that she was over the top and Jinx genuinely was contradicting her orders in front of the enemy so it would sell the firing later.

post #503 of 696 Old 09-14-2011, 07:33 PM
AVS Addicted Member

If I was a bettin' man, I'd wager that Aaron Ashmore will be in the credits and side by side with the rest of the W13 crew in that intro scene next year. The next few episodes will establish him firmly in the good guy role.

Joe Clark

post #504 of 696 Old 09-14-2011, 08:31 PM
AVS Special Member

I agree that Fredricks and Jinx have a double agent plan in place.
post #505 of 696 Old 09-15-2011, 11:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Alessandra Torresani from "Caprica" as a guest star playing Megan in case you recognized but couldn't place her.
post #506 of 696 Old 09-15-2011, 12:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Conrad View Post

Alessandra Torresani from "Caprica" as a guest star playing Megan in case you recognized but couldn't place her.

Thanks the blonde hair did not help but since I stopped with Caprica I forgot who she was.
post #507 of 696 Old 09-15-2011, 04:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Conrad View Post
I figured it out, but it wasn't instant. I instantly knew I should know her, but it took me a few scenes before I realized who she was.
post #508 of 696 Old 09-20-2011, 10:51 AM
AVS Special Member

I had a feeling they were going to do a jinxy double agent plot but after last night I am 100 percent sure. The episode was kind of lame though.
post #509 of 696 Old 09-20-2011, 01:06 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 14
Maybe Jinks will turn Claudia over to the dark side.
post #510 of 696 Old 09-20-2011, 01:17 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleAl View Post

Maybe Jinks will turn Claudia over to the dark side.

Do you mean lesbianism?

Joe Clark

Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page