Forum Jump: 

post #541 of 696 Old 12-07-2011, 11:45 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougotte View Post

That was fun. I had forgotten how much I enjoyed Warehouse 13. This one made good use of all the characters.

When does the next season start? It'll be interesting to see how they resolve last season's bombastic ending.

Doug

Indeed it was a good episode - agreed, it was great how they made use of all of the characters.

As for next season, guessing June-ish?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 696 Old 12-07-2011, 12:42 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJPC View Post

Indeed it was a good episode - agreed, it was great how they made use of all of the characters.

As for next season, guessing June-ish?

Probably June or July, although I wouldn't be surprised if they delayed WH13 and Eureka until September.

Joe Clark

post #543 of 696 Old 12-09-2011, 03:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 247
My DVR re-recorded the Christmas episode, this time with no audio problems. I forgot how much I enjoy this show. The cast is just great. The "A Christmas Story" leg lamp in the holiday aisle was fantastic.

Growing Older But Not Up
post #544 of 696 Old 12-11-2011, 06:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post

My DVR re-recorded the Christmas episode, this time with no audio problems. I forgot how much I enjoy this show. The cast is just great. The "A Christmas Story" leg lamp in the holiday aisle was fantastic.

"'Fra-jeely'. It must be from Italy!"

Doug
post #545 of 696 Old 01-13-2012, 03:40 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 158
TV Notes
Warehouse 13′s Fourth Season To Expand To 20 Episodes With 7-Episode Order
By Nellie Andreeva, Deadline.com - Jan. 13, 2012

EXCLUSIVE: I have learned that Syfy is finalizing a deal to pick up 7 additional episodes of its flagship series Warehouse 13, bringing the dramedy's total fourth season order to 20 episodes. Syfy renewed Warehouse 13 for a fourth season in August with a 13-episode order, the size of the show's first 3 seasons.

Warehouse 13, about two Secret Service Agents (Joanne Kelly, Eddie McClintock) working at a government warehouse for supernatural artifacts, remains Syfy's flagship scripted series, drawing some 2 million viewers in Live+Same Day during its most recent third season. Last summer, it was used to launch the cable network's newest drama, Alphas.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/01/ware...episode-order/
post #546 of 696 Old 01-14-2012, 12:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by dad1153 View Post

TV Notes
Warehouse 13′s Fourth Season To Expand To 20 Episodes With 7-Episode Order
By Nellie Andreeva, Deadline.com - Jan. 13, 2012

EXCLUSIVE: I have learned that Syfy is finalizing a deal to pick up 7 additional episodes of its flagship series Warehouse 13, bringing the dramedy's total fourth season order to 20 episodes. Syfy renewed Warehouse 13 for a fourth season in August with a 13-episode order, the size of the show's first 3 seasons.

Warehouse 13, about two Secret Service Agents (Joanne Kelly, Eddie McClintock) working at a government warehouse for supernatural artifacts, remains Syfy's flagship scripted series, drawing some 2 million viewers in Live+Same Day during its most recent third season. Last summer, it was used to launch the cable network's newest drama, Alphas.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/01/ware...episode-order/

Fantastic, that helps ease the Eureka pain a little bit.

How in the world did I miss this post, especially being posted in this thread and the HOTP thread.
post #547 of 696 Old 07-20-2012, 04:40 PM
AVS Special Member

I don't know about others, but if you are a Directv subscriber, check your todo list to make sure Warehouse 13 will be recorded this Monday. For some reason, the guide isn't listing Warehouse 13 as HD and therefore won't record it until the following Friday night. Just a heads up and it may be corrected before Monday, but I wouldn't bet on it.
tomhunter8 likes this.
post #548 of 696 Old 07-21-2012, 12:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebkell View Post

I don't know about others, but if you are a Directv subscriber, check your todo list to make sure Warehouse 13 will be recorded this Monday. For some reason, the guide isn't listing Warehouse 13 as HD and therefore won't record it until the following Friday night. Just a heads up and it may be corrected before Monday, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Yes it is set up to record on Friday WTF?

"Music is my religion"
Jimi Hendrix

post #549 of 696 Old 07-21-2012, 12:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 91
The new season debuts Monday not Friday if that helps. But then I think Syfy is moving it's target demographic to 17 to 24 as their shows are becoming increasingly adolescent and not as much fun or interesting for us older sci-fi buffs.
post #550 of 696 Old 07-21-2012, 01:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp1080 View Post

Yes it is set up to record on Friday WTF?

It's got something to do with not being listed as HD in the guide, Syfy is probably the worst at this(it's the only station I remember it happening on), I've had it happen several times before, Eureka, Warehouse 13, Sanctuary and a couple of others and it's always because the guide doesn't have it listed as HD.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Conrad View Post

The new season debuts Monday not Friday if that helps. But then I think Syfy is moving it's target demographic to 17 to 24 as their shows are becoming increasingly adolescent and not as much fun or interesting for us older sci-fi buffs.

Yep, it debuts Monday, that's why I made the post about the Directv DVR's not scheduling it correctly, nothing worse than settling in to watch one of your favorite shows and it didn't record. mad.gif
post #551 of 696 Old 07-22-2012, 08:09 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:

Yep, it debuts Monday, that's why I made the post about the Directv DVR's not scheduling it correctly, nothing worse than settling in to watch one of your favorite shows and it didn't record. mad.gif

That is so true. I am looking at your user name and picture and are you also a student at UNLV?

You can never judge a show by its pilot episode or the half season following it.
post #552 of 696 Old 07-22-2012, 08:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chestnu1 View Post

That is so true. I am looking at your user name and picture and are you also a student at UNLV?

No, just a fan from way back in the Tark the Shark era.
post #553 of 696 Old 07-22-2012, 11:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 247
I have my DirecTV DVR set to record both first runs and repeats of WH13. Just for peace of mind I scrolled out to Monday to make sure it's all set to record. What I found is all the repeats were set to record, but the new (first run) episode was not.confused.gif So I promptly rectified that. I would have been pretty miffed if I missed the season premiere.

Growing Older But Not Up
post #554 of 696 Old 07-22-2012, 06:31 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Looking forward to the season premiere of W13 tomorrow.
I see Brent Spiner (Data of STNG) is playing the villian - a reunion of sorts between him and the actor who plays "Artie" who was a guest star in an episode of Star Trek Next Generation, he played a rare items collector who collected Data!
post #555 of 696 Old 07-23-2012, 01:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Bump.
post #556 of 696 Old 07-24-2012, 02:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 38
Now Ed Schultz and Lester Holt can add this to their acting resumes. Of course, they'll get some snide remarks from their news colleagues about stooping low to do an 'acting' gig. biggrin.gif
post #557 of 696 Old 07-25-2012, 06:26 AM
AVS Special Member

I'm so happy this series is back. It's my guilty pleasure. Sure, the CGI looks cheesy, and the plots are silly, and they always manage to tie up the loose ends with a heartwarming ending. But, due to the charisma and enthusiasm of the cast, as well as the creativity of the writers, I always enjoy watching it. The season opener was a thrilling romp around the world. My only complaint - Claudia has grieved long enough. Let's see her spunk and humor again.

Doug
post #558 of 696 Old 07-25-2012, 10:33 AM

Liked: 10
Did anybody else notice the terrible audio on the center channel of the 5.1 mix for the season 4 premiere? I'm almost positive it was a post production problem because all of the promos and commercials sounded fine. I wonder who was sleeping on that one. It was almost unbearable to listen to in my opinion.
post #559 of 696 Old 07-25-2012, 10:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 26
Yes it was very tinny sounding.

I enjoyed the premier but felt some of the jokes really fell flat almost like they felt they needed a smart alec remark after each serious point. I understand that this show which I have followed since the pilot is supposed to be light hearted but the danger is over doing it and making it a complete farce.

Argee
post #560 of 696 Old 07-25-2012, 11:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 63
It wasn't that heartwarming, rembember Claudia left and probably will be the evil-doer that Artie "created" by using the astrolabe...

Brent Spiner was very "Lore-ish", he'll be back..

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
post #561 of 696 Old 07-25-2012, 12:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by invisible21 View Post

Did anybody else notice the terrible audio on the center channel of the 5.1 mix for the season 4 premiere? I'm almost positive it was a post production problem because all of the promos and commercials sounded fine. I wonder who was sleeping on that one. It was almost unbearable to listen to in my opinion.
Yes. I kept checking my settings to see if my 3 year old had pushed the wrong button on the remote or something. I had some sort of echo or delay going on. It seemed like the center channel was out of sync with the rest of the audio.
Glad the show is back, even though this first episode did nothing for me.
post #562 of 696 Old 07-25-2012, 05:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmichael2 View Post

Yes. I kept checking my settings to see if my 3 year old had pushed the wrong button on the remote or something. I had some sort of echo or delay going on. It seemed like the center channel was out of sync with the rest of the audio.
Glad the show is back, even though this first episode did nothing for me.

I don't have a 3yo any longer, but I too checked the AVR settings. The sound was horrible - tinny, and almost as if it wasn't truly 5.1, and they just expanded a stereo track using some kind of filters.

Doug
post #563 of 696 Old 07-25-2012, 06:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 86
I did cringe at Spiner's line... "you will create an evil of your own making"

I mean... what other kind of evil would you create but one of your own making?

Yeah baby!  It's Halloween!
post #564 of 696 Old 07-25-2012, 09:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 72
I in no way want a "dark, evil" Claudia. For me she is the bright spot in the show.
post #565 of 696 Old 07-26-2012, 05:55 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougotte View Post

I don't have a 3yo any longer, but I too checked the AVR settings. The sound was horrible - tinny, and almost as if it wasn't truly 5.1, and they just expanded a stereo track using some kind of filters.
Doug

I agree about the sound, really terrible. I even re-started my system thinking something had gone out of whack. Other programs sounded normal.

With the passing of Eureka, it is good to have this show back. The both seem to be written in a similar style, a little serious thrown in with a lot of fun and character driven. Looking forward to a great season.
post #566 of 696 Old 07-26-2012, 08:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt L View Post

I in no way want a "dark, evil" Claudia. For me she is the bright spot in the show.

The only positive thing about her being evil is that she'll dress "evil queenish" meaning more sexy.. :P

I thought wat Spiner character meant that "evil of your own doing", that there will be an Evil Artie clone or something, not Claudia going haywire..

post #567 of 696 Old 07-26-2012, 09:55 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMe2 View Post

Ditto. Obviously meant to be scary and ominous, but just came out stupid.
post #568 of 696 Old 07-26-2012, 10:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMe2 View Post

I think he was saying that there wasn't an ancient evil in that astrolabe that Artie would be releasing, but that an evil held in check within Artie himself would be created by its use. There is a big difference between creating an evil, and releasing one. And, he was dying at the time, and died just as, or seconds after, he said the line. Maybe the dying aren't the most articulate.rolleyes.gif

Luke

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.-JOA
post #569 of 696 Old 07-26-2012, 01:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post

The only positive thing about her being evil is that she'll dress "evil queenish" meaning more sexy.. :P
We can hope. Her face did look a bit different though. Like she has put on a few pounds durring the off season. I don't remember even one good look at her bod this ep. I do hope to see her in some black leather or spandex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post

I thought wat Spiner character meant that "evil of your own doing", that there will be an Evil Artie clone or something, not Claudia going haywire..

I felt like they were hinting that it would be Claudia. She went out of her way to emphasize that she would remember, even before we knew that there would be a time reversal thing. Then she was left behind, buried in the wall. The way Artie looked back but didn't say anything seemed to be telling to me
post #570 of 696 Old 07-27-2012, 06:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Well Pete was in a worst situation compared to Claudia, dead and all that...

Spiner's character also dead and now alive, maybe it's "evil" to prevent someone's death (we can add Mr.s Frederick to the list)

Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page