Warehouse 13 on Syfy - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 696 Old 08-23-2009, 07:07 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 508 Post(s)
Liked: 666
So it's a 13 episode season for for Season 1 of Warehouse 13?

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 696 Old 08-23-2009, 07:16 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 115
I read it was going to be 11. Did someone hear different?

Joe Clark

post #183 of 696 Old 08-23-2009, 07:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 60
yes, it's a 13 episode season, the two hour pilot counted as two episodes. It's always been 13 episodes as far as I know and it's been renewed for a 2nd season of 13 episodes. 12 or 13 is pretty much the norm for cable shows. The longer running more popular ones sometimes start adding more episodes per season.
post #184 of 696 Old 08-23-2009, 11:23 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 309 Post(s)
Liked: 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebkell View Post

yes, it's a 13 episode season, the two hour pilot counted as two episodes. It's always been 13 episodes as far as I know and it's been renewed for a 2nd season of 13 episodes. 12 or 13 is pretty much the norm for cable shows. The longer running more popular ones sometimes start adding more episodes per season.

But then they seem to split the season into two parts about 3-5 mos apart. To my recollection, Rescue Me is the only cablenet show that's running a straight through 22 ep season(April - September) and I'm pretty sure that's because they've been off the air for so long due to the strike.
post #185 of 696 Old 08-23-2009, 11:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan View Post

But then they seem to split the season into two parts about 3-5 mos apart. To my recollection, Rescue Me is the only cablenet show that's running a straight through 22 ep season(April - September) and I'm pretty sure that's because they've been off the air for so long due to the strike.

yeah, they tend to do that, I don't really mind that too much, as long as they bring the 2nd half back in a reasonable amount of time. They seem to be splitting things up randomly, The Closer will run 15 straight and then have a couple around Christmas, they seem to vary all over the place. SciFi seemed to run the Stargates and even BSG with 10/10 split seasons. I can live with that stuff as long as the shows come back in a reasonable time, but the Eureka split season was terrible, we're now in what they're calling 3.5, but the .5 part didn't start until what should have really been about when Season #4 would have normally begun.

If WH13 continues getting good ratings, I'm sure they'll start extending the order, I kind of like the Christmas/New Year special things, Psych and Monk and The Closer have done that before.
post #186 of 696 Old 08-25-2009, 09:07 PM
AVS Special Member

I think the show is still searching for it's stride, I thought we had hit the ground running when Claudia came on the scene, but the show seems like it's regressing or something. I always considered it a light fun romp, but they keep trying to put in darker aspects that don't seem like a good fit. I'll stick it out, but even the Myka and Pete interactions don't seem as good as they were in the earlier episodes.
post #187 of 696 Old 08-25-2009, 10:52 PM
AVS Addicted Member

They're definitely trying to find their stride, but I thought tonight's episode was a step in the right direction. For me, the dynamics among the characters had more energy than any previous ep. It was the first time I felt all the characters clicking at once.

The thing that didn't work for me was Pete's deception in the Vegas hotel room and her return to Warehouse 13. The way that ending unfolded didn't work. I still think, though, that the characters started to feel more real. The story telling probably isn't strong enough to raise this show to a very high level, but if they can make the emotional bonds stronger, I'll be able to enjoy it. They did a fairly good job of that tonight. I especially liked Myca's opening up to Artie about the level of trust and openness she needs from him. I think there were at least a couple of moments like that for all the main characters.

Joe Clark

post #188 of 696 Old 08-25-2009, 11:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Clark View Post

They're definitely trying to find their stride, but I thought tonight's episode was a step in the right direction. For me, the dynamics among the characters had more energy than any previous ep. It was the first time I felt all the characters clicking at once.

The thing that didn't work for me was Pete's deception in the Vegas hotel room and her return to Warehouse 13. The way that ending unfolded didn't work. I still think, though, that the characters started to feel more real. The story telling probably isn't strong enough to raise this show to a very high level, but if they can make the emotional bonds stronger, I'll be able to enjoy it. They did a fairly good job of that tonight. I especially liked Myca's opening up to Artie about the level of trust and openness she needs from him. I think there were at least a couple of moments like that for all the main characters.

I'll probably like it better when I watch it again. I usually do. One thing though, I think Myka is a babe.
post #189 of 696 Old 08-25-2009, 11:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 239 Post(s)
Liked: 402
Quote:

The thing that didn't work for me was Pete's deception in the Vegas hotel room and her return to Warehouse 13. The way that ending unfolded didn't work.

Yeah, the ending didn't quite gel. I did like the use of Jefferson Airplane's "White Rabbit" as the evil Myka/Alice entered the warehouse.

Quote:

One thing though, I think Myka is a babe.

Yes she is.

Growing Older But Not Up
post #190 of 696 Old 08-25-2009, 11:38 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

I'll probably like it better when I watch it again. I usually do. One thing though, I think Myka is a babe.

OK, so I had to check my email one last time before I go to bed and you remind me of that short black dress. How do you expect me to sleep now that my pulse is 120?

Joe Clark

post #191 of 696 Old 08-25-2009, 11:39 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post

I did like the use of Jefferson Airplane's "White Rabbit" as the evil Myka/Alice entered the warehouse.

Agreed. Best use of music to date.

Joe Clark

post #192 of 696 Old 08-25-2009, 11:47 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 356
Quote:

I always considered it a light fun romp, but they keep trying to put in darker aspects that don't seem like a good fit.

One of the problems I have with nearly all Sci-Fi programming is the main tough guys skew more to comedy than to professionalism. It happens in every show, from O'Neill in SG-1 all the way up to Lattimer in WH13.

They all play the comedy angle too hard and they never convince me they are actually supposed to be professional military or law enforcement. From the way they walk into a room, or conduct themselves at a scene Sci-Fi have always made those characters far too relaxed and casual to be convincing as pros.

That's not to say they can't be both hardened professionals and also funny because we've seen that on other shows like X-Files, Bones, Supernatural ... even Casey on Chuck (which is a show played for laughs) is far more convincing as NSA.

post #193 of 696 Old 08-25-2009, 11:53 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Yeah, I laughed my frakkin' head off when Bill Adama got drunk and threw up on himself. I just couldn't take that guy seriously.

(Sorry. Couldn't resist. There's always the exception that proves the rule. I pretty much agree with you.)

Joe Clark

post #194 of 696 Old 08-26-2009, 12:01 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 356
Quote:

Yeah, I laughed my frakkin' head off when Bill Adama got drunk and threw up on himself. I just couldn't take that guy seriously.

(Sorry. Couldn't resist. There's always the exception that proves the rule. I pretty much agree with you.)

I know what you mean, how can you take Adama seriously with a mustache like this?

Where's Geraldo?

post #195 of 696 Old 08-27-2009, 07:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Did she take the magic chip into the Mirror, ..... the one that didn't give her any advance warning of what was/would go down in the warehouse?
post #196 of 696 Old 09-01-2009, 07:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I really enjoyed tonight's episode and the Moby song was great!
Looks like next week's episode in the Warehouse might be a good one.
post #197 of 696 Old 09-01-2009, 08:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 73
I've been watching and it's an Ok show. But, to be honest, I would not watch it if there was anything else remotely interesting on.
post #198 of 696 Old 09-01-2009, 11:47 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Is anyone else as impressed with Joe Morton as I am? He can take an obviously minor role like the one in Warehouse 13 tonight and make it seem special. And there always seems to be such intelligence behind those expressive eyes and that wonderful voice - like he knows all sorts of things we regular folk won't ever figure out. There was some fairly good emotional content in tonight's episode, but Joe Morton, as always, stands apart from the rest.

Joe Clark

post #199 of 696 Old 09-02-2009, 02:17 AM

Liked: 11
Though back on Eureka, he's not alone. Colin Ferguson is very impressive in many of the same ways. He pulls off self-deprecating and compassionate like no other actor I know.
post #200 of 696 Old 09-02-2009, 06:45 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bicker1 View Post

Though back on Eureka, he's not alone. Colin Ferguson is very impressive in many of the same ways. He pulls off self-deprecating and compassionate like no other actor I know.

Ain't that the truth.

Colin Ferguson has one of the most unusual ways of delivering a line - in a soft, gentle voice that seems to have more impact the quieter he gets. You see most actors go the other way - going for a laugh with a loud-is-funny delivery, or for serious with an angry-is-dramatic tone. Instead of yelling, Ferguson can be funny by delivering a line when it almost seems he's inhaling, and touching when you have to look really close to see the subtle change in his eyes. It's unique.

Joe Clark

post #201 of 696 Old 09-02-2009, 10:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked: 720
Quote:

I think the show is still searching for it's stride, I thought we had hit the ground running when Claudia came on the scene, but the show seems like it's regressing or something. I always considered it a light fun romp, but they keep trying to put in darker aspects that don't seem like a good fit. I'll stick it out, but even the Myka and Pete interactions don't seem as good as they were in the earlier episodes.

The Mirror/Alice one was pretty good.
post #202 of 696 Old 09-02-2009, 05:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 76
I felt last night's episode was the weakest of the series. Claudia was written as a very smart person, and now the writers have decided to dumb her down 30-40 IQ points.
post #203 of 696 Old 09-02-2009, 05:56 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 26
Pretty soon they'll run out of Eureka actors to guest star and the show will have to stand on its own anyways.

XBOX Live: Wagmman
PSN: Wagg
BFBC2: Wagman
Steam: Wag

My Second Life character looks and acts exactly like me except he can fly.
post #204 of 696 Old 09-03-2009, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett Adams View Post

I felt last night's episode was the weakest of the series. Claudia was written as a very smart person, and now the writers have decided to dumb her down 30-40 IQ points.

But so much cuter!

post #205 of 696 Old 09-03-2009, 06:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by bicker1 View Post

But so much cuter!

No argument there! It did seem a little odd using her for some slapstick moments, but I thought it was fun to watch her.
post #206 of 696 Old 09-03-2009, 06:40 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Yeah, I like this version of Claudia. If "stupid is as stupid does" then sometimes my IQ is 6.

Joe Clark

post #207 of 696 Old 09-03-2009, 09:18 AM

No offense, but it's always a surprise to me that such an insipid, generic, unimaginative show does well (relatively speaking) on cable. But then again, maybe that's why.
post #208 of 696 Old 09-03-2009, 09:34 AM

No offense, but perhaps it is because enough folks disagree with your qualitative appraisals.
post #209 of 696 Old 09-03-2009, 10:09 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel Clemons View Post

No offense, but it's always a surprise to me that such an insipid, generic, unimaginative show does well (relatively speaking) on cable. But then again, maybe that's why.

Classic example of someone using "no offense" as a cover so they can go ahead and offend an entire fanbase with impunity. Stay classy Joel Clemons!

Perhaps if you find the show so unwatchable and are so bothered that it has a fanbase you'd be better served to take your clearly superior and unique intellect and imagination somewhere else where us peons won't offend you so.
post #210 of 696 Old 09-03-2009, 10:59 AM
AVS Addicted Member

My fault, guys. When I said my IQ was 6, he probably thought EVERYONE here was incapable of seeing his condescension for what it was. We probably won't see him again. Comments like that are what I call "drive by fruitings."

Joe Clark

Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page