FOX HD live sports - Stutter or 24p effect - Page 14 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
First ... 12  13  14
HDTV Programming > FOX HD live sports - Stutter or 24p effect
Erik Tracy's Avatar Erik Tracy 03:18 PM 09-27-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by carl2680 View Post

Of course CBS will look better than FOX because it is 1080i with 18 mpbs bandwidth without subchannels. CBS HD blow away everyone else regarding picture quality and sound. Thank GOD the superbowl will be on CBS on FEB 2010.

Beg to differ....some of us are the victims of local affiliates and cable providers that either mismatch bit rates or have other subchannel bit thieves from affiliates where CBS equates to 'Crappy Blocky Sucky'.

mobgre's Avatar mobgre 05:07 PM 09-27-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by carl2680 View Post

Of course CBS will look better than FOX because it is 1080i with 18 mpbs bandwidth without subchannels. CBS HD blow away everyone else regarding picture quality and sound. Thank GOD the superbowl will be on CBS on FEB 2010.

My frickin CBS has one sub which breaks up and pixelate's from time to time. Still. CBS does look better than Abc or Espn.
aaammsdad's Avatar aaammsdad 09:45 AM 09-29-2009
No stuttering here in Tampa for Sunday's games. It appears to be fixed. Of course, NFL games on CBS, NBC and ESPN still look better than FOX.

BH - SA4250HD
poster's Avatar poster 04:33 AM 10-16-2009
I found this thread through a Google search. I just upgraded to a Panny V10 this week and ESPN HD is unwatchable. Stutters constantly. Anyone else seeing this issue with that channel at the current time? I am going to call Time Warner tonight after work.

Time Warner
Milwaukee, WI
Explorer 8300 HDC
1bolt's Avatar 1bolt 11:11 AM 11-01-2009
have stuttering on Fox too, I have Dish Network DVR, and a JVC ILA 56" HDTV it's only during Fox football coverage I think; but I honestly don't watch network TV much (except football)...

This started last week during the game, only on fox, no problem with CBS or NBC Sunday night or ESPN Monday night, and it's hapening this week as well only on Fox.
sivartk's Avatar sivartk 11:46 AM 11-01-2009
no issues here (Austin, TX) on Fox. Just the occasional freeze during a replay.

Using Dish Network DTVPal HD DVR with an over the air feed.
1bolt's Avatar 1bolt 12:31 PM 11-01-2009
I just switched from PCM to Dolby Digital and the stuttering went away. I'm betting this is some sort of intermittent sound sync issue, because PCM was fine up to last sunday about half way through the first Fox game.
Ken H's Avatar Ken H 02:56 PM 11-01-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bolt View Post

have stuttering on Fox too, I have Dish Network DVR, and a JVC ILA 56" HDTV it's only during Fox football coverage I think; but I honestly don't watch network TV much (except football)...

This started last week during the game, only on fox, no problem with CBS or NBC Sunday night or ESPN Monday night, and it's hapening this week as well only on Fox.

The stuttering discussed in this topic was video, not audio.
hdguru's Avatar hdguru 07:35 AM 11-02-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by sivartk View Post

no issues here (Austin, TX) on Fox. Just the occasional freeze during a replay.

Using Dish Network DTVPal HD DVR with an over the air feed.

Watched parts of the Dallas-Seattle game and most of the Minnesota-Green Bay game on a Toshiba 52", 120hz LCD, via Comcast...and I did not see any of the aforementioned flicker, frame drops, etc. I know what you're talking about, but the broadcasts were clean here (Houston).
oskrr1's Avatar oskrr1 11:50 AM 11-29-2009
Redskins Vikings game. Choppy FOX audio on both my DVRs. Channel is KTTV, Los Angeles, and i am using Dish Network. I have experienced this same problem on my girlfriends Charter Service when watching FOX. Makes it unwatchable. I called to complain, but i didn't expect any results. They said they would send a tech out...I told them not to bother, it wasn't a problem on my end. I figure the more i call and complain, the more likely someone will do something...I just don't really know to whom i should whine. Dish, fox, etc.
StudioTech's Avatar StudioTech 12:00 PM 11-29-2009
^ See the 2nd post above yours.
Spencer1813's Avatar Spencer1813 12:11 PM 11-29-2009
Anybody else have the garbled audio in this game between the Redskins and the Eagles? It was like the audio was shorting out every 2 to 4 seconds, followed by 1 second dropouts. This even happened during commercials. I had to mute the game. Audio was fine on the other channels.
Spencer1813's Avatar Spencer1813 12:16 PM 11-29-2009
Ah Ha, KTTV Los Angeles, and Dish Network here too. AVS to the rescue again.
maestro73's Avatar maestro73 04:25 PM 01-10-2010
Anyone seeing stuttering on the Packers/Cards game?

Wash DC WTTG-HD Comcast
sivartk's Avatar sivartk 05:20 PM 01-10-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by maestro73 View Post

Anyone seeing stuttering on the Packers/Cards game?

Wash DC WTTG-HD Comcast

None via OTA...however there were a couple of sound drops...and the typical replay freeze.
First ... 12  13  14

Up