"Heroes" Season 4 on NBC - Page 27 - AVS Forum
First ... 25  26  27
HDTV Programming > "Heroes" Season 4 on NBC
slowbiscuit 10:25 AM 02-24-2014
Yep, there's no way there getting me back into this trainwreck again, especially since Kring is still running it.

archiguy's Avatar archiguy 10:31 AM 02-24-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbiscuit View Post

Yep, there's no way there getting me back into this trainwreck again, especially since Kring is still running it.

Yeah, that was the funniest part. The press release was pimping Kring's involvement like it was a good thing. tongue.gif

Maybe he's got some legal ownership thing going on and they had to include him in the revival.
zaphod7501's Avatar zaphod7501 11:39 AM 02-24-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

Yeah, that was the funniest part. The press release was pimping Kring's involvement like it was a good thing. tongue.gif

Maybe he's got some legal ownership thing going on and they had to include him in the revival.
Well, just to give Kring the benefit of the doubt, his original plan was for a fresh start each season with new "Heroes" and a new "quest".

Additionally, I think he said that every episode had to advance the plot and something had to actually happen during each show. Perhaps outside influences got in the way? Of course that could easily happen again.

I'll do my usual thing. Record - archive - wait to decide to watch.
tighr's Avatar tighr 12:34 PM 02-24-2014
Yeah, I'm also inclined to give Kring the benefit of the doubt. You gotta think NBC executives meddled in the show.
Wytchone's Avatar Wytchone 12:37 PM 02-24-2014
Don't forget the Writers strike. I blame that for the show going down.
Brian Conrad's Avatar Brian Conrad 12:42 PM 02-24-2014
I bought (at a huge discount) season 1 of "Heroes" on HD-DVD. It had Kring's commentary and NBC execs were allover the show issuing demands. Kinda like the same dumb stuff that ruined some of the Syfy shows like "give us more aliens" etc.
slowbiscuit 12:07 PM 02-25-2014
Don't really care if NBC meddled with Heroes or not, the buck stopped with Kring and he blew it - if he didn't like the new direction he could've left (other showrunners have). Same with Touch, for the most part.
VisionOn's Avatar VisionOn 12:12 PM 02-25-2014
Quote:

Don't really care if NBC meddled with Heroes or not, the buck stopped with Kring and he blew it

Hey now! He said he was sorry! http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20158840,00.html

And see, he promised to fix all the things that were wrong half way through season two.

So, that went well. biggrin.gif
Vlad Theimpaler's Avatar Vlad Theimpaler 12:44 PM 02-25-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post

Hey now! He said he was sorry! http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20158840,00.html

And see, he promised to fix all the things that were wrong half way through season two.

So, that went well. biggrin.gif

I dunno... seems like a pattern with Kring and the networks on which his shows air. Same thing happened with his show "Touch" on FOX between S1 and S2.

Between the mini-seasons for "Heroes" and FOX's "24", hate-watchers everywhere ought to be rejoicing biggrin.gif
vfxproducer's Avatar vfxproducer 11:28 AM 02-26-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad Theimpaler View Post

I dunno... seems like a pattern with Kring and the networks on which his shows air. Same thing happened with his show "Touch" on FOX between S1 and S2.

FOX (and probably Kiefer) screwed up 'Touch'. They didn't like Tim's format of changing characters and conflict each week ala 'Highway to Heaven', 'Touched by an Angel', 'Knight Rider', 'The A Team', etc. They decided they wanted a show that was more serialized, and more action and conspiracy oriented for Kiefer. Thus season 2 was a totally different (and worse) show. Then they realized that they just needed to bring back '24', which they could do after the movie plans fell through. So Touch got the axe and the new '24' mini series was announced.

I really liked the original format with helping different people and tying together all the loose threads every episode. The pilot, was some great television. Especially with Francis Lawrence's direction. I loved that it was so influenced by Kring's Conspiracy for Good. Season 2 of Touch just got cheap, generic, and boring, and it was all because of network and star interference. I can't tell you how many times that has ruined a perfectly good show. I see it all the time.
oink's Avatar oink 11:36 AM 02-26-2014
Quote:

Don't really care if NBC meddled with Heroes or not, the buck stopped with Kring and he blew it - if he didn't like the new direction he could've left (other showrunners have).
EXACTLY.
tighr's Avatar tighr 04:18 PM 02-26-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by vfxproducer View Post

They didn't like Tim's format of changing characters and conflict each week ala 'Highway to Heaven', 'Touched by an Angel', 'Knight Rider', 'The A Team', etc.

Geez, that description matches nearly every show ever. I could provide more examples, but it literally matches nearly every show ever.
First ... 25  26  27

Up
Mobile  Desktop