'The Vampire Diaries' on The CW HD - Page 8 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #211 of 214 Old 05-24-2016, 11:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 505 Post(s)
Liked: 482
Season seven has wrapped....
It's disheartening how this show went from fresh and interesting to just "filler" over the last couple of seasons.
It literally seems like the writers have run out of new/interesting story lines and are just coming up with stuff to keep the franchise running for another $eason.

Next season will be the last season as planned- let's hope they can give us a season long arc that will keep us interested.

“You cannot play God and then wash your hands of the things you created.”
Commander Bill Adama
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 214 Old 06-04-2016, 02:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1472 Post(s)
Liked: 1179
I was actually rather surprised with the way season seven ended: I was sure that they were going to make Bonnie the villain for season eight so that they would have a reason to kill her in the series finale and thus bring Elena back. Now that she's not evil anymore, I suppose Enzo has to kill her in the final episode. Either way, this show has been dragging for a long time, and it should have ended quite some time ago.
post #213 of 214 Old 06-05-2016, 05:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 505 Post(s)
Liked: 482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
.....this show has been dragging for a long time, and it should have ended quite some time ago.
Agreed.
Pretty much as soon as the gang went to college, the downhill slide began.

“You cannot play God and then wash your hands of the things you created.”
Commander Bill Adama
post #214 of 214 Old 06-05-2016, 01:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1472 Post(s)
Liked: 1179
I think it started before that. The introduction of the original vampires pretty much hosed the show going forward, as they were never able to come up with bad guys who could top those of season 2. Silas was a huge disappointment, and and the whole "everybody's a doppelganger!" phase was dreadful. I agree that the college transition was disappointing, but perhaps my biggest gripe has been the constant annoyance of all the vampires eating sandwiches in the later seasons. We already established that vampires get no enjoyment from ingesting anything except blood, but for some strange reason all of them like eating lunch now, which just drives me nuts. (It's even worse than every vampire on the planet somehow having a daylight ring now, because it's too much trouble to film at night, or something.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page