The Office on NBC - Seasons 5 - 9 - Page 16 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2011, 06:33 AM
AVS Special Member
 
sirjonsnow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,550
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berk32 View Post


he doesn't remember any numbers.... speed dial....

Yeah, this is actually a very common thing now. I can remember the phone number I grew up with, but have no idea what number my parents have now, or what most of my friends or coworkers numbers are.
sirjonsnow is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-04-2011, 07:15 AM
Senior Member
 
Peter Punter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Artic
Posts: 200
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The office dynamic is much funnier with the absence of smartass Jim character around to mock everyone. More opportunities for the other characters to get lines. Loved Angela submitting a crude joke and not owning up to it.

What was Erin planning to do to Holly on that rooftop?
Peter Punter is offline  
Old 02-04-2011, 11:13 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
scowl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 10,549
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjonsnow View Post

Yeah, this is actually a very common thing now. I can remember the phone number I grew up with, but have no idea what number my parents have now, or what most of my friends or coworkers numbers are.

But I doubt Dunder-Mifflin-Sabre has changed their number in the 15-20 years he's worked there. It's probably on his business cards.

I like how Erin just doesn't like Holly for completely ridiculous reasons. Same thing with Kevin although he has some good reasons not to like her.

NOW: my post on AVS Forum.
NEXT: someone else's post on AVS Forum.
scowl is offline  
Old 02-04-2011, 11:28 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Berk32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: UWS NYC
Posts: 4,699
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by scowl View Post

But I doubt Dunder-Mifflin-Sabre has changed their number in the 15-20 years he's worked there. It's probably on his business cards.

I like how Erin just doesn't like Holly for completely ridiculous reasons. Same thing with Kevin although he has some good reasons not to like her.

Which were probably in his wallet
Berk32 is offline  
Old 02-04-2011, 12:22 PM
AVS Special Member
 
sirjonsnow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,550
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 95
Erin doesn't like Holly, but I think by that point she was convinced that Holly could find Michael, so she just kept following her.
sirjonsnow is offline  
Old 02-04-2011, 12:30 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
scowl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 10,549
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berk32 View Post

Which were probably in his wallet

I assume he had been handing out his business cards for several years and noticing the phone number printed on them.

Also, don't places have telephone books? You don't have to call 411 if you can read.

NOW: my post on AVS Forum.
NEXT: someone else's post on AVS Forum.
scowl is offline  
Old 02-04-2011, 01:13 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Berk32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: UWS NYC
Posts: 4,699
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by scowl View Post

I assume he had been handing out his business cards for several years and noticing the phone number printed on them.

Also, don't places have telephone books? You don't have to call 411 if you can read.

The gas station guy wasn't very willing to let Michael use his personal phone to start making multiple calls to figure out where to call.

And as for phone books? welcome to 2011....
Berk32 is offline  
Old 02-04-2011, 02:13 PM
AVS Special Member
 
MSmith83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 8,692
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjonsnow View Post

Erin doesn't like Holly, but I think by that point she was convinced that Holly could find Michael, so she just kept following her.

Yeah, and it was around that point when she seemed to understand why Michael likes her so much.
MSmith83 is offline  
Old 02-05-2011, 03:13 AM
Advanced Member
 
Mike_Stuewe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Avon, Ohio (Cleveland West Side)
Posts: 721
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by scowl View Post

I assume he had been handing out his business cards for several years and noticing the phone number printed on them.

Also, don't places have telephone books? You don't have to call 411 if you can read.

really? since when do people question the reality of the Office? he tried to call at the gas station and then gave up.
Mike_Stuewe is offline  
Old 02-05-2011, 07:26 AM
Senior Member
 
gruven42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Chi-burbs
Posts: 497
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by scowl View Post

I assume he had been handing out his business cards for several years and noticing the phone number printed on them.
Also, don't places have telephone books? You don't have to call 411 if you can read.

After watching years of Michael, don't you think you're giving him too much credit here?
gruven42 is offline  
Old 02-05-2011, 01:01 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
scowl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 10,549
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berk32 View Post

And as for phone books? welcome to 2011....

Then could someone tell phone book companies to stop dumping their damn phone books on my front porch?

NOW: my post on AVS Forum.
NEXT: someone else's post on AVS Forum.
scowl is offline  
Old 02-05-2011, 01:03 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
scowl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 10,549
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by gruven42 View Post

After watching years of Michael, don't you think you're giving him too much credit here?

Yes I am. I'm surprised he didn't get hit by a car in this episode.

NOW: my post on AVS Forum.
NEXT: someone else's post on AVS Forum.
scowl is offline  
Old 02-05-2011, 01:16 PM
Advanced Member
 
MikeKlim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 26
I enjoyed Kelly and Ryan's opening with the divorce speech. Also LOL'd at Creed's picture in the Chinese restaurant.
MikeKlim is online now  
Old 02-05-2011, 01:26 PM
AVS Special Member
 
nikeykid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Oakland, CA
Posts: 1,614
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by scowl View Post

Then could someone tell phone book companies to stop dumping their damn phone books on my front porch?

move to my area!! http://articles.sfgate.com/2011-02-0...hone-companies
nikeykid is offline  
Old 02-05-2011, 02:00 PM
AVS Special Member
 
vfxproducer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,989
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjonsnow View Post

Yeah, this is actually a very common thing now. I can remember the phone number I grew up with, but have no idea what number my parents have now, or what most of my friends or coworkers numbers are.

I don't even know my home number or my wife's cell phone. If I loose speed dial, I'm lost.
vfxproducer is offline  
Old 02-15-2011, 09:01 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
scowl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 10,549
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Model/actress Cody Horn will be joining The Office.

Quote:


We're very excited to have found Cody, Lieberstein tells TVLine. We've been searching for a love interest for Creed for a long time. So just sit back and get ready to be disgusted.


NOW: my post on AVS Forum.
NEXT: someone else's post on AVS Forum.
scowl is offline  
Old 02-15-2011, 09:13 PM
Advanced Member
 
Demolition Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 595
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Anything that gives us more Creed is alright with me.

Demolition Man
Fan of New England/Boston & Minnesota teams!
Demolition Man is offline  
Old 02-16-2011, 07:59 AM
AVS Special Member
 
vpn75's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 1,616
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demolition Man View Post

Anything that gives us more Creed is alright with me.

I find Creed is best in small doses. Can't imagine any woman being attracted to him either

PSN/XBOX Live: Destro75
BattleNet Tag: BaronessMD#1680

Steam: vpnath

Gaming PC: i7 3770K OC 4.2Ghz, 16GB RAM, EVGA GTX 670 FTW Dual-SLI

vpn75 is online now  
Old 02-16-2011, 12:11 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
dad1153's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 37,211
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 358 Post(s)
Liked: 214
TV Notes
NBC to Air Six Office Reruns in a Row
By New York Magazine's 'Vulture' Staff - February 16th, 2011

In a "let's take a stroll down memory lane" preparation for Steve Carell's departure, on Thursday March 3, right after February sweeps have ended, NBC will preempt its regular three-hour comedy block for six episodes of The Office.

So instead of reruns of Community, Perfect Couples, Parks and Recreation, 30 Rock, and Outsourced, there will just be reruns of The Office. Look, MTV shouldn't be the only network that gets to bludgeon you with marathons, and if NBC doesn't do it before Carell leaves, they'll never have as good an excuse.

Click HERE to see which six episodes NBC will run back-to-back.

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment..._reruns_i.html
dad1153 is offline  
Old 02-16-2011, 12:23 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
dad1153's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 37,211
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 358 Post(s)
Liked: 214
TV Notes
Charlie Sheen Says He's Never Been 'Drunk,' 'High' on 'Men' Set
By Mark Cina, The Hollywood Reporter - February 16th, 2011

In another call to DirecTV's The Dan Patrick Show Wednesday, Charlie Sheen said he will definitely star on CBS' Two and a Half Men next year.

"Oh God, yeah! Because I have a two-year deal," he said. "I'm a man of my word."

The show has been on hiatus since last month when Sheen, 45, began treatment. He has expressed a desire to return to the set, but as THR previously reported, both CBS and Warner Bros. Television are hesitant to bring him back.

Sheen told Matthews he is "supremely grateful" for the support he has received from them.

"I don't want to say who, but you know, basically, Viacom showed up at my house and said 'Dude, it's getting really obvious and we're really worried about you," he said. "We don't give a rat's tooey about the show, we care about your health.' So, they came in and just man-to-man and said 'We have to shut it down.' (Viacom and CBS became separate companies years ago.)

He also squashed rumors that his relations are strained with show creator Chuck Lorre, who this week dedicated his vanity card to the actor. (Lorre said he was going to be "pissed" if the wild partying Sheen outlived him).

"This is a giant compliment," Sheen said. "Chuck offered an olive branch, this is how I interpreted it. He's going through all this stuff about what he does. This is about him personally. It doesn't get to me, it's not about me until the end. It's a reflection of how he feels, in comparison to how insane my life appears at times. So, I took it as a huge compliment. He basically wrote a brilliant little piece of literature and called me Superman ... We are fine!"

Sheen denied ever being "drunk" or "high" on set.

He admitted he has gone to work "having not slept much. Doing a network run-through and asking the director, Jamie, to move my mark a little bit so I could be next to a piece of furniture or a table so I wouldn't fall over. That is an expert move by a seasoned professional. I'm sorry, an amateur stays on his mark and then falls over during the run-through.

Before the hanging up, he even offered advice to troubled actress Lindsay Lohan, who has been in-and-out of rehab: "Just try to think things through a little bit before you do them."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...s-never-100301
dad1153 is offline  
Old 02-16-2011, 12:32 PM
AVS Special Member
 
WaldorfSalad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Nr. Boulder, CO
Posts: 4,657
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by dad1153 View Post

TV Notes
Charlie Sheen Says He's Never Been 'Drunk,' 'High' on 'Men' Set
By Mark Cina, The Hollywood Reporter - February 16th, 2011

In another call to DirecTV's The Dan Patrick Show Wednesday, Charlie Sheen said he will definitely star on CBS' Two and a Half Men next year.

"Oh God, yeah! Because I have a two-year deal," he said. "I'm a man of my word."

The show has been on hiatus since last month when Sheen, 45, began treatment. He has expressed a desire to return to the set, but as THR previously reported, both CBS and Warner Bros. Television are hesitant to bring him back.

Sheen told Matthews he is "supremely grateful" for the support he has received from them.

"I don't want to say who, but you know, basically, Viacom showed up at my house and said 'Dude, it's getting really obvious and we're really worried about you," he said. "We don't give a rat's tooey about the show, we care about your health.' So, they came in and just man-to-man and said 'We have to shut it down.' (Viacom and CBS became separate companies years ago.)

He also squashed rumors that his relations are strained with show creator Chuck Lorre, who this week dedicated his vanity card to the actor. (Lorre said he was going to be "pissed" if the wild partying Sheen outlived him).

"This is a giant compliment," Sheen said. "Chuck offered an olive branch, this is how I interpreted it. He's going through all this stuff about what he does. This is about him personally. It doesn't get to me, it's not about me until the end. It's a reflection of how he feels, in comparison to how insane my life appears at times. So, I took it as a huge compliment. He basically wrote a brilliant little piece of literature and called me Superman ... We are fine!"

Sheen denied ever being "drunk" or "high" on set.

He admitted he has gone to work "having not slept much. Doing a network run-through and asking the director, Jamie, to move my mark a little bit so I could be next to a piece of furniture or a table so I wouldn't fall over. That is an expert move by a seasoned professional. I'm sorry, an amateur stays on his mark and then falls over during the run-through.

Before the hanging up, he even offered advice to troubled actress Lindsay Lohan, who has been in-and-out of rehab: "Just try to think things through a little bit before you do them."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...s-never-100301

He looked noticeably bad on the recent two "Ponzi scheme" episodes!
WaldorfSalad is offline  
Old 02-16-2011, 08:51 PM
Advanced Member
 
Demolition Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 595
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Why is news on Charlie Sheen being posted here?

Demolition Man
Fan of New England/Boston & Minnesota teams!
Demolition Man is offline  
Old 02-16-2011, 11:46 PM
Member
 
Take Two's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demolition Man View Post

Why is news on Charlie Sheen being posted here?

It's like this.
Businessmen work in offices....
Some businessmen carry briefcases....
Charlie Sheen carries a very "special" briefcase.
It's simply a matter of connecting the "lines".
Take Two is online now  
Old 02-16-2011, 11:51 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
DaveFi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Natick MA
Posts: 17,184
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Take Two View Post

It's like this.
Businessmen work in offices....
Some businessmen carry briefcases....
Charlie Sheen carries a very "special" briefcase.
It's simply a matter of connecting the "lines".

I have no idea what you're talking about.

In any event, it's too bad Steve Carell is leaving early this season. The show just won't be the same without him.

XBOX Live: Wagmman
PSN: Wagg
BFBC2: Wagman
Steam: Wag

My Second Life character looks and acts exactly like me except he can fly.
DaveFi is offline  
Old 02-16-2011, 11:59 PM
Member
 
Take Two's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi View Post

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Google "Charlie Sheen briefcase", and it should be clear.

(I'm guessing that Dad1153 accidentally placed that post in here, instead of the Two an a Half Men thread.)
Take Two is online now  
Old 02-17-2011, 07:23 AM
AVS Special Member
 
rolltide1017's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Montgomery, AL
Posts: 2,999
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by scowl View Post

Then could someone tell phone book companies to stop dumping their damn phone books on my front porch?

You can tell them yourself: http://www.yellowpagesoptout.com/

PSN ID: RollTide1017
rolltide1017 is offline  
Old 02-17-2011, 09:46 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
scowl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 10,549
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltide1017 View Post

You can tell them yourself: http://www.yellowpagesoptout.com/

Thank you!!!

NOW: my post on AVS Forum.
NEXT: someone else's post on AVS Forum.
scowl is offline  
Old 02-18-2011, 10:35 AM
Senior Member
 
drocpsu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 280
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi View Post

I have no idea what you're talking about.

In any event, it's too bad Steve Carell is leaving early this season. The show just won't be the same without him.

It won't be the same, but I feel like the early transition is necessary to try to keep a more seamless changeover to "new management". Coming back next season with major cast changes would make it feel like almost a different show.

So did anyone watch last night's episode? I thought Threat Level Midnight was hilarious.
drocpsu is offline  
Old 02-18-2011, 05:26 PM
Advanced Member
 
Demolition Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 595
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
It feels like they are starting to put some good closure to the Michael Scott character with last night's episode. Obviously some of the characters have changed since we got introduced to Threat Level Midnight back in season 2. I actually found it funnier that Dwight ended up being a robot butler instead of being the villain. I also loved the number of cameos in the episode especially the Rashida Jones one which I did not expect.

The last few episodes of The Office have really been great. I'm going to be sad to see Steve leave but interested in seeing where the series goes without him.

Demolition Man
Fan of New England/Boston & Minnesota teams!
Demolition Man is offline  
Old 02-18-2011, 08:47 PM
AVS Special Member
 
MSmith83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 8,692
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by drocpsu View Post

So did anyone watch last night's episode? I thought Threat Level Midnight was hilarious.

I want a sequel.

The enormous plot holes and Hollywood clichés were hilarious, as was the emphasis on Toby's death.
MSmith83 is offline  
 
Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off