The Office on NBC - Seasons 5 - 9 - Page 28 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #811 of 830 Old 05-16-2013, 08:25 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Excellent series finale episode. Very well done. We stopped watching the show a couple years ago but wanted to watch the finale. I'm glad we did. smile.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #812 of 830 Old 05-17-2013, 05:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 64
And it seems Steve charged by the word spoken, he said like 10 words the whole 75 mins..

It took 12 years to fire Kevin, Creed did nothing all those years also, no wonder they fired Toby also

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
post #813 of 830 Old 05-17-2013, 06:25 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Nice to see Joan Cusack. Seemed like she played another crazy roll just like her character in Shameless.
post #814 of 830 Old 05-17-2013, 07:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 76
I liked it. We missed the first 30 seconds so we didn't know how much time had elapsed. I'm not surprised Michael came back, but glad he did.

I thought they tied a nice little bow on the series. I think they did about as well as they could have. smile.gif
post #815 of 830 Old 05-17-2013, 07:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
where was Todd Packer? Holly ? Janet?

seriously, it was a nice sendoff. Two lines by Steve Carell, guess he was paid per word. I was expecting the series end with the company going out of business but it lives on.
post #816 of 830 Old 05-17-2013, 07:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Did Dwight say that he picked up even more business and was doing great, he could even afford a huge severance package for Jim and Pam

I bet Kevin and Toby got a nice check also.

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
post #817 of 830 Old 05-17-2013, 08:47 AM

Liked: 11
When Kevin did his 'well well well" speach, he said that was six wells, but he only did five. Then he asked how his counting was now.
post #818 of 830 Old 05-17-2013, 10:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 42
I can't believe I've watched the show from the beginning and never knew Creed was in The Grass Roots eek.gif

Nice send-off - while the show lost its way a bit after Michael left, it found it again and I've enjoyed the last few seasons almost as much as the first few.

Eve: I thought I was through getting involved with men who were trouble. Falling in love on a look. I can't look at you.

Mickey: You have perfection about you. Your eyes have music. Your heart's the best part of your body. And when you move, every man, woman and child is forced to watch.
post #819 of 830 Old 05-17-2013, 10:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnevar View Post

When Kevin did his 'well well well" speach, he said that was six wells, but he only did five. Then he asked how his counting was now.

Get it?

wink.gif
post #820 of 830 Old 05-17-2013, 10:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post

And it seems Steve charged by the word spoken, he said like 10 words the whole 75 mins..

Carrell's goodbyes and swan song were long ago. He appeared on the last show out of respect -- but he didn't want to be a major part of it. It was by his choice.
post #821 of 830 Old 05-17-2013, 11:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzen102 View Post

Carrell's goodbyes and swan song were long ago. He appeared on the last show out of respect -- but he didn't want to be a major part of it. It was by his choice.

And I think that was smart. The episode wasn't about him. I'm glad he was there and his "That's What She Said" line was hilarious, but they really handled his part perfectly smile.gif
post #822 of 830 Old 05-17-2013, 11:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Agreed.
post #823 of 830 Old 05-17-2013, 11:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthJersey View Post

where was Todd Packer? Holly ? Janet?

seriously, it was a nice sendoff. Two lines by Steve Carell, guess he was paid per word. I was expecting the series end with the company going out of business but it lives on.

Holly I am guessing stayed home with the kids (Michael was showing pictures to Pam to which she made the comment he needed 2 phones for all the pics with 2 plans he really loves the family plan).......Todd Packer Janet? well once they moved off no real need to close off thier story, Janet was working for a different comapny and they pretty much closed her line this season.....Packer wwas never serious enough IMO to need "closure" outside of his brief appearances....
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post

Did Dwight say that he picked up even more business and was doing great, he could even afford a huge severance package for Jim and Pam

I bet Kevin and Toby got a nice check also.

He said he "consolidated" (I think) the Scranton paper market and was doing better than ever.

I ahve to say I really enjoyed the final episode, was a very fitting end to the series and they did just about as well as they could have. I will for sure enjoy goign back and watching episodes to live the journey again....
post #824 of 830 Old 05-17-2013, 12:56 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by RolandOG View Post

Very satisfying ending for the series. Things tied up about as you might expect for Jim and Pam. Seeing all the clips from the early seasons (during the retrospective) has me ready to pop in the season one disk and start watching again.

I did this! haha, ended up watching the first 4 episodes of season 1 afterwards.
post #825 of 830 Old 05-17-2013, 09:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Recorded last night and just viewed.

Superb final ep.

Really outstanding writing.

Best close out show since mash, IMHO

Well done!!!

neflixis our nemesis
post #826 of 830 Old 05-17-2013, 11:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 165
I was hesitant to come find this ongoing thread, assuming their would be one for The Office here on AVS. Mainly because I tend to get bummed out reading how differently people react to shows than I do, particularly when everyone is complaining and I am not. biggrin.gif I figured I would find a bunch of people taking issue with the finale. But most everyone seems to be on the same page here. I agree, it was a fine way to go out.

I was a little indifferent for the first several minutes, perhaps with the weight of finality underwhelming me. But at some point the finale elevated for me and stayed there until the end. I loved the included observational aspects about life, the balance of the mundane with the profound. Like Jim talking about being stuck in a lousy job but how that same lousy job also gave him some of the best things in his life. And Andy talking about how for the best years of your life, you often don't realize it while you're in the middle of it. Wishing that somehow you could be aware while still living out those moments instead of only appreciating them much later on, upon reflection.

Even Creed provided an insightful touching little speech near the end. And then the absolutely perfect ending to that touching little observational speech. biggrin.gif

Mourning the disappearance of the -ly suffix. Words being cut-off before they've had a chance to fully form, left incomplete, with their shoelaces untied and their zippers undone. If I quote your post (or post in your thread) without comment, please check your zipper.
post #827 of 830 Old 05-17-2013, 11:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickTheGreat View Post

And I think that was smart. The episode wasn't about him.

Yes, well done. Hit just the right note on how much he was involved.

Mourning the disappearance of the -ly suffix. Words being cut-off before they've had a chance to fully form, left incomplete, with their shoelaces untied and their zippers undone. If I quote your post (or post in your thread) without comment, please check your zipper.
post #828 of 830 Old 05-18-2013, 04:30 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post

per my DVR there are 2 "episodes" 1 actual episode and antother "reuninon type" it will air from 8ET-~10:15 or so ET. Id probably add some time at the end jsut in case it goes long Hopefully someone will come by and give the specifics...
I wish I had read this earlier! Using WMC on Win 7 the guide stated 9 -10:15 so I set it to record. Then i replayed the final episode and recording stopped at 10 PM. Anyway I found the episode somewhat funny, but I get many more laughs out of Barney Miller reruns.

post #829 of 830 Old 05-22-2013, 10:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 48
The finale was probably handled about as well as it could have been given what preceded it. My problem is that the show eventually got to the point in its final season where I couldn't care less about the characters. There was no emotional attachment for me, and some of the stuff vainly tried to be so saccharine that it made my teeth hurt; I now need to see a dentist named Crentist.
post #830 of 830 Old 05-22-2013, 11:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josea View Post

I wish I had read this earlier! Using WMC on Win 7 the guide stated 9 -10:15 so I set it to record. Then i replayed the final episode and recording stopped at 10 PM. Anyway I found the episode somewhat funny, but I get many more laughs out of Barney Miller reruns.

I remember the final "Barney Miller" episode to be much more sad and having a lot less laughs than the final of "The Office".
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page