post #1201 of 1958 Old 03-23-2012, 09:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyehill View Post

Majority was watching Fox apparently. Basketball got CBS a second place. Ratings for the NCAAs have been pretty bad, I think. That will happen when you block cinderellas from the tournament and when hardly any star players stay longer than a year.

Ah yes...forgot about the IDOL. Why hasn't the rest of the country? I had heard many preempted shows - not just CBS shows - were so delayed because of March Madness.

Money does not buy happiness. It can, however, buy you a giant boat that you can pull up alongside happiness. - David Lee Roth

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1202 of 1958 Old 03-23-2012, 09:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 50
This is my preemptive reaction to Community being picked up for a 4th season:

post #1203 of 1958 Old 03-23-2012, 01:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwebb1970 View Post

My guess is the majority of TVs were possibly tuned to NCAA b-ball? Still nice to hear last night's ep was NBC's biggest ratings getter....what little that may have been.

wow, with 2 eps of 30 rock and community, ratings this bad.

these are some of the best sitcoms on tv that no one watches.
i wonder how they would do if the aired on cbs?

neflixis our nemesis
post #1204 of 1958 Old 03-23-2012, 01:34 PM
AVS Special Member

I wonder if that entire episode they have planned with Annie and Abed in the Dreamatorium is Annie fighting Evil Abed.
post #1205 of 1958 Old 03-27-2012, 12:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Perfect ending:

Bagmunity
post #1206 of 1958 Old 03-27-2012, 05:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 30
There's an interesting interview w/ Gillian Jacobs at avclub.com.

Doug
post #1207 of 1958 Old 03-27-2012, 08:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. wally View Post

wow, with 2 eps of 30 rock and community, ratings this bad.

these are some of the best sitcoms on tv that no one watches.
i wonder how they would do if the aired on cbs with a laugh track?

fixed

Mits-WS55413;Denon-3803;ToshibaXA1 HD-DVD;Klipsch- RF35;Samsung-TS160;SVS PB12plus/2
XBL GT - se7entee7
post #1208 of 1958 Old 03-30-2012, 06:14 AM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 10
So... last night's episode. Got to say, I don't like the direction they are taking. The Subway thing was funny (especially the guy not being able to stand up after listening) but the Troy/Abed deterioration isn't funny, its kind of sad.

Someday maybe I'll actually WATCH my projector...
post #1209 of 1958 Old 03-30-2012, 07:17 AM
AVS Special Member

I thought it was a funny episode, but when you split up the funniest duo on the show it does affect the level of comedy. I didnt find any humor in the storyline of the vice-dean splitting them up, with the exception of the very end where it's revealed that he's in a band. I hope this little war of theirs brings them closer together and not further apart. I found the Jeff-Kim story to be incredibly obvious, and guessed immediately that the guy at the locker was Kim. I like the way Annie handled it though. Jeff and especially Shirley's reactions to Pierce's time-of-day and what-year-it-is gaffes were hilarious as was the part with the Subway guy finding out that the franchise went too far.
post #1210 of 1958 Old 03-30-2012, 07:30 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 423
I thought there were plenty of funny moments in this episode, they were just more restrained and smaller than some of the bigger jokes they usually do - like Save Garrett and Goodman in his romper suit. Even Chevy made me laugh with his blue ink mouth.

The intentional split of Abed and Troy is going to lead to the Blanket Pillow War of 2012 next week so I see that as a plus. Not to mention it's not an unusual direction for the show to take. There are frequently dark and somber angles that Community plays to.

post #1211 of 1958 Old 03-30-2012, 08:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 66
I thought the obvious solution to the blanket/pillow fort would be for Abed and Troy to apologize to each other and realize they are stronger when they work together, resulting in a joining of forces by connecting the two forts, jointly securing a Guinness Book record.

Thankfully, they didn't go that direction, because it was the obvious direction.

~Tighr: Not helping the situation since 1983

post #1212 of 1958 Old 03-30-2012, 09:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Again, my favorite part of the show is rewatching episodes and finding more to laugh at.

Loved:

- Annie's method of being able to stay in the sleep study program
- Not sure if I'm right, but was Pierce's time gaffes caused by drinking ink?
- Dean discovered the world record for blanket forts by chance while "Googling records for longest things".
- The Vice-deans band name is Kelvin and the Zeroes
- Jeff reacting indignantly to being accused of only being concerned about himself, Annie sneezes, someone in the background says "Gesundheit", Jeff says "What? I didn't sneeze."
-Jeff forgetting who Kim was again at the end of the episode
post #1213 of 1958 Old 03-30-2012, 09:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 35
From dad1153's Thursday Nielsen news over in the main sticky:

Elsewhere last night, NBC's "Community" is looking like a better shot for renewal. The show averaged a 1.7 at 8 p.m. last night, not a strong number but tying its second-best rating in six months against tough competition from "Bang" and "Idol."

Since returning from hiatus "Community" has had its three highest-rated episodes since September, and it was NBC's highest-rated show last night.

I think season 4 is going to happen. I certainly hope so.

Money does not buy happiness. It can, however, buy you a giant boat that you can pull up alongside happiness. - David Lee Roth

post #1214 of 1958 Old 03-30-2012, 09:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwebb1970 View Post

From dad1153's Thursday Nielsen news over in the main sticky:

Elsewhere last night, NBC's "Community" is looking like a better shot for renewal. The show averaged a 1.7 at 8 p.m. last night, not a strong number but tying its second-best rating in six months against tough competition from "Bang" and "Idol."

Since returning from hiatus "Community" has had its three highest-rated episodes since September, and it was NBC's highest-rated show last night.

I think season 4 is going to happen. I certainly hope so.

Doesn't Whitney pull 2.2s on Wednesday nights up against Idol and ABC's comedies? Let's pray the geniuses at NBC don't get the stupid idea of dumping Community and moving Whitney back to Thursday. Not sure what they plan to do with Thursdays next season though since they now have 5 comedies running that night consistently (Parks, Office, 30 Rock, Up All Night, Community). My hope is Up All Night moves back to Wednesday and is paired with Whitney after they inevitably dump that awful Chelsea show.
post #1215 of 1958 Old 03-30-2012, 12:39 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:

Again, my favorite part of the show is rewatching episodes and finding more to laugh at.

Loved:

- Annie's method of being able to stay in the sleep study program
- Not sure if I'm right, but was Pierce's time gaffes caused by drinking ink?
- Dean discovered the world record for blanket forts by chance while "Googling records for longest things".
- The Vice-deans band name is Kelvin and the Zeroes
- Jeff reacting indignantly to being accused of only being concerned about himself, Annie sneezes, someone in the background says "Gesundheit", Jeff says "What? I didn't sneeze."
-Jeff forgetting who Kim was again at the end of the episode

How could you leave out the Subway executive's reaction to Britta & Subway's sex? "It's two people in love ... ok that's not normal..." and of course him not being able to stand at the end due to his erection.

PS - Just like the KFC tie-in, I think they've done a great job of bringing in sponsors in a clever way, unlike, say Fringe, which has to make each episode a mini car commercial
post #1216 of 1958 Old 03-30-2012, 12:56 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

"Pop pop, Captain."

post #1217 of 1958 Old 03-30-2012, 12:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 14
"Britta - unfiltered" = clever
post #1218 of 1958 Old 03-30-2012, 01:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flambe View Post

How could you leave out the Subway executive's reaction to Britta & Subway's sex? "It's two people in love ... ok that's not normal..." and of course him not being able to stand at the end due to his erection.

Haha, I included that in my first message. The one you quoted were little things I picked up on after watching it a second time. Another one I missed initially was Subway telling Britta that kids should be forced to read 1984. That's hilarious.
post #1219 of 1958 Old 03-30-2012, 01:16 PM

Liked: 11
Yeah, I was hoping for more 1984 references.
post #1220 of 1958 Old 03-30-2012, 01:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:

Doesn't Whitney pull 2.2s on Wednesday nights up against Idol and ABC's comedies? Let's pray the geniuses at NBC don't get the stupid idea of dumping Community and moving Whitney back to Thursday. Not sure what they plan to do with Thursdays next season though since they now have 5 comedies running that night consistently (Parks, Office, 30 Rock, Up All Night, Community). My hope is Up All Night moves back to Wednesday and is paired with Whitney after they inevitably dump that awful Chelsea show.

agreed, but is the office coming back next season?

neflixis our nemesis
post #1221 of 1958 Old 03-30-2012, 02:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. wally View Post

agreed, but is the office coming back next season?

Yeah, with fewer original actors and a new showrunner according to entertainment weekly.
post #1222 of 1958 Old 03-30-2012, 10:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Haha, just noticed the reel-to-reel they are listening to Britta and Subway having sex has the word "transistorized" written on it!

~Tighr: Not helping the situation since 1983

post #1223 of 1958 Old 03-31-2012, 03:37 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 180
TV Notes
Chevy Chase In Feud With ‘Community’ Creator Dan Harmon
By Nellie Andreeva, Deadline.com - Mar. 31, 2012

Things are looking up for NBC’s perennial bubble series Community, which has been solid since returning from a long hiatus earlier this month, establishing itself as NBC’s second highest-rated comedy behind The Office. But behind the scenes, a rift between co-star Chevy Chase and creator/executive producer/showrunner Dan Harmon has escalated into an ugly war of words.

Accounts of the feud have leaked online, including on social news website Reddit. The chronology of the events, corroborated to me by multiple sources, involves Chase walking off the set of the show on the last day of shooting last month without filming one of his scenes, which reportedly was to close out the season finale. Then at the wrap party, Harmon got up and gave a “f*** you, Chevy” speech in front of Chase and his wife and daughter, and encouraged the crew to join him in saying “f*** you” to the actor. Chase left immediately and later left Harmon a profane-laden voice message, a portion of which found its way to the Web after Harmon played it in front of other people. Click here for audio. (Warning: foul language!) In the voice message, Chase addresses both his storming off the set, which he attributes to not getting the script beforehand, (some say it’s because he didn’t find the scene funny) and the wrap party incident.

People close to the matter told me they weren’t surprised by the feud, noting that Chase already had a reputation of being difficult before signing on for Community. (I hear it was NBC’s former boss Ben Silverman who championed Chase for the project and was instrumental in bringing him on board.) Word is Chase has stormed off the set of the NBC show in the middle of a scene a number of times and has also gotten into arguments with Community executive producers-directors Anthony and Joe Russo. There had been tension between Chase and Harmon, and with both of them described as “passionate” or “volatile,” depending who you talk to, a blowup was “inevitable,” one person said. Ironically, a recorded Chevy Chase phone call played a major role in another feud involving the Saturday Night Live alum, that with shock jock Howard Stern.

It is unclear at the moment what impact the falling-out between Harmon and Chase would have on Community and whether Chase would continue on the show. The producers’ attention right now is focused on securing a fourth-season renewal for the offbeat comedy, which appears more and more likely. The pickup is key to the syndication prospects of the series, which has an off-network deal with Comedy Central as well as a non-exclusive pact with Hulu. While he was the biggest name when Community launched, the series has made stars out of several of its little known supporting players, with Joel McHale firmly established as the show’s leading man. Still, Community has benefited Chase, boosting his sagging career with a role on a hip show.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/03/chev...or-dan-harmon/
post #1224 of 1958 Old 03-31-2012, 04:12 PM
AVS Special Member

That's unfortunate. I'm not a big fan of Chevy, but on the show in small doses he's actually not bad. The last episode they just aired was a really good Chevy episode. Hopefully they can work this out, as it's becoming more and more likely that a renewal is in the cards. Sounds like both men were being immature a-holes.

An interview with Chevy about not liking the show that he's on (appears to have been done pre-blowup and pre-voicemail).
post #1225 of 1958 Old 04-01-2012, 05:07 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Knowing the propensity that Dan Harmon has for elaborate jokes and knowing what day it is today ...

This could be a brilliant gag!

There is no evidence of this being reported before this weekend. The voice recording is actually funny and OTT too.

post #1226 of 1958 Old 04-01-2012, 06:03 AM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 10
Could be a joke. I won't really miss him if he goes though.

Someday maybe I'll actually WATCH my projector...
post #1227 of 1958 Old 04-01-2012, 07:18 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I doubt it's a joke as well. Chevy is one of those actors who has a notorious history of being difficult, at best. He was ripped apart in the SNL memoir, and he didn't do himself any favors by becoming a humorless jerk and walking off the set of Politically Incorrect when someone else had the audacity to make a joke about "Funny Farm" (the joke was funnier than anything from the movie itself).

And, of course, I've already mentioned how Chevy's character seems to get many story lines in which he doesn't have to interact with other main characters at all (Annie's move, Troys birthday, etc) which allows him to shoot on his own schedule.

Tension between Chevy and Harmon is certainly believable.

That being said, I really enjoy Pierce on the show, and contrary to a lot of the comments Ive seen, I liked him best when he was at his worst (D&D, and the hospital episodes particularly). I'd hate to see him written off.
post #1228 of 1958 Old 04-01-2012, 07:30 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vespaguy View Post

Tension between Chevy and Harmon is certainly believable.

Which would make the prank more effective.

post #1229 of 1958 Old 04-01-2012, 01:53 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post

Which would make the prank more effective.

Occam's razor says otherwise.
post #1230 of 1958 Old 04-01-2012, 02:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Given Chevy's history, I tend to think this is real. Seems like he thought he'd be the star of the show, but he's mostly an afterthought in the majority of episodes. Not sure if that's his doing or Dan's. Dan wrote the most recent episode and it was a great showcase for Chevy, though. I'd miss his character, but he's probably the least important cast member, and it sucks that I watch each episode looking for how many scenes other actors are on screen with him at the same time. I blame you guys for pointing that out.
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page