Forum Jump: 
 2Likes
post #1981 of 1983 Old 03-23-2015, 05:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Looked fine on my TiVo. But yes, like with all streaming services it's very hard to just jump back a little.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1982 of 1983 Old 03-23-2015, 02:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemyM View Post
Looked fine on my TiVo. But yes, like with all streaming services it's very hard to just jump back a little.
I have no issues on my Roku with rewinding on Netflix, Amazon, HBO Go, or Showtime Anytime. FXNow isn't the greatest, either, but it's usable. But when I tried to do a quick rewind on Yahoo Screen, the entire screen went blank and I was given what I can only assume to be a progress bar, but no indication of what was happening or what it was doing. When I pushed play, I was in the middle of the next episode (the one I hadn't watched yet), and I had no way of getting back to my original scene. Finally I had to just close out of it entirely and relaunch Yahoo Screen, but when I did that it started auto-playing the first episode from the beginning. Not sure why it did that, no other Roku app autoplays simply by launching. I was also dealing with multiple crashes and screen freezes that could only be solved by hitting home and re-entering the video. The app ran so badly that I was unable to finish the second episode at all, and went to the Android app on my tablet, which also ran buggy. Yahoo Screen has a long way to go to be as user-friendly as Netflix and Youtube.

~Tighr: Not helping the situation since 1983

post #1983 of 1983 Unread Today, 12:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I too found the Yahoo Screen service basically unwatchable on my HTPC with FireFox. Pretty poor quality even with plenty of bandwidth available on my end -- and it was also very choppy. Sooooo - I had to find an "alternate source" and it was smooth "sailing" after that. I'll probably load them up on a spare puter and let them play in another room just so they get the hits for their audience metrics... maybe a few times as I'd hate for them to drop the show because folks can't watch it due to crappy player quality.

I enjoyed all three episodes so far and find the end vignettes to be a quirky yet funny alternative to Troy and Abed in the Morning endings of the good old days.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page