'NCIS: Los Angeles' on CBS HD - Page 5 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 9Likes

post #121 of 141 Old 01-19-2017, 03:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 929 Post(s)
Liked: 529
Very sorry to hear this. NCISLA isn't always great but it's one of the handful of broadcast shows I'm still watching. I thought he and the writers did a good job with growing and evolving the Granger role into a valuable asset...

CC

Who knew "flammable" and "inflammable" mean the same thing???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 141 Old 01-19-2017, 03:52 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked: 119
So sad he hasn't been looking well all season I truly thought he was older.

"well you know what doctor I'm going to go home take two aspirins and call you a b****"
post #123 of 141 Old 01-19-2017, 04:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomo657 View Post
So sad he hasn't been looking well all season I truly thought he was older.
He looked bad but since he was still working I assumed whatever he had must be treatable...

CC

post #124 of 141 Old 01-20-2017, 10:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 299 Post(s)
Liked: 266
I wondered if his looking bad was part of the plot, now I guess not. Initially when they brought his character in I didn't see the need or like the character, but he grew on me. Sorry for the loss to his family and his TV family. Too young.
Vipfreak likes this.
post #125 of 141 Old 01-20-2017, 10:33 PM

Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked: 107
I've always liked Miguel Ferrer. I liked him in Crossing Jordan. But, when his character first appeared on NCIS-LA, I didn't like the character at all (the character, not the actor). But, over time, the writers did a good job of rounding out his character and he became an integral part of the cast. His back story with Hetty was complex and interesting. He will be missed... both the character and especially the actor. Sad, very sad. My prayers for the family.
post #126 of 141 Old 01-21-2017, 05:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 83
RIP Miguel.

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"
post #127 of 141 Old 01-21-2017, 09:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 371 Post(s)
Liked: 177
So they apparently wrote his illness into the recent episodes. RIP

In space, no one can hear you scream . . .
post #128 of 141 Old 01-21-2017, 11:15 AM

Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 88
I remember back a few shows when I really first noticed how frail looking he had become and "Heady" asking him if the Agent Orange from Nam was acting up again. So that told me he was really sick and wasn't aware of his Cancer till he had passed.

Guess we know how the surgery will turn out now,I imagine the writers knew how ill he was and how things were progressing so had a way for him to exit the show with class and dignity. Granted getting shanked in the back isn't a hero's death but it is a way to close out his role.

Jerry
post #129 of 141 Old 01-22-2017, 11:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 687 Post(s)
Liked: 486
Last season (or maybe the one before) he wasn't looking good.. and they worked in that story about him being poisoned... I figured back then he was going through something in real life and was getting treatment. But this season he was looking worse again... and it looked like they were setting up to integrate something more permanent... and then the shock ending of the last episode kind of had me figuring he was being written off the show due to poor health.

I haven't seen everything he was ever in... but I always liked him... even when he was the bad guy. He was good at what he did, which is probably about the best thing you can say to an actor... like Grainger... IF you hated him when he first came on NCIS, that was because he sold the role... he was supposed to be an unlikeable ass that you thought might be there to screw everyone over... and then over time they peeled back the onion to reveal more, and each time Ferrer got to be a little more likeable, but keeping the snark.

He will be missed on this show. He will be missed in general... but he will specifically be missed on this show. He added a lot.
post #130 of 141 Old 02-04-2017, 10:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Caught up with last weeks episode. Ugh... #facepalm

I'm assuming that was the finale as I don't see a new episode any time soon?

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"
post #131 of 141 Old 02-05-2017, 10:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 299 Post(s)
Liked: 266
No, just a break. I'm still enjoying the show, even if it get a bit too much at times.
post #132 of 141 Old 02-23-2017, 03:29 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Finally watched this past Sunday's episode on the DVR. It was tough to watch the scenes with Miguel Ferrer. However, as a huge JAG fan, I actually jumped from the chair when John M. Jackson appeared on screen, then yelped when it was confirmed he was playing AJ Chegwidden! Hetty's question to him at the end of the episode got me excited for the possibility he'll be a recurring or regular cast member. Always got a kick out of the character and he was a hoot in this episode.
cyfman likes this.
post #133 of 141 Old 02-23-2017, 06:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1812 View Post
Finally watched this past Sunday's episode on the DVR. It was tough to watch the scenes with Miguel Ferrer. However, as a huge JAG fan, I actually jumped from the chair when John M. Jackson appeared on screen, then yelped when it was confirmed he was playing AJ Chegwidden! Hetty's question to him at the end of the episode got me excited for the possibility he'll be a recurring or regular cast member. Always got a kick out of the character and he was a hoot in this episode.
Had to wonder when he asked Hetty "am I dead?" if he knew he would be by the air date. I was surprised they left the line in.

I thought the way Deeks took out the crazy guy was pretty good, though a bit disappointing that his demise was too easy...

CC

post #134 of 141 Old 02-23-2017, 06:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Yeah... that was an awkward episode to watch... knowing Ferrer had already passed, and realizing he was acting the part of a very sick man while actually being sick... it just felt weird. That one scene where Nell came in to investigate after the failed assassination attempt... the look on her face almost looked too real, like real life sadness was leaking into the character's sadness in that moment.
post #135 of 141 Old 02-23-2017, 08:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 883 Post(s)
Liked: 894
What bothered me about the hospital scene is he was supposed to be under heavy guard and the assassin got in way too easy. Plus the one guard didn't on how things were going by looking through the window.
post #136 of 141 Old 02-24-2017, 03:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett Adams View Post
What bothered me about the hospital scene is he was supposed to be under heavy guard and the assassin got in way too easy. Plus the one guard didn't on how things were going by looking through the window.
Hetty made a comment about his protection so I think wer're supposed to believe Hetty and Grainger set it up to catch the assassin to trace Kensi?
HDMe2 likes this.

CC

post #137 of 141 Old 02-24-2017, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1812 View Post
Well, Bud has already made an appearance in one of the NCIS shows (forget which one... and I've quit watching the mothership show after all the preaching, which was made worse by poor writing and misfit casting... ).

Anyway, can Harm and Mac be too far behind?

I do hope the Chegwidden character remains. I like both the character and the actor.

The hospital scene was tough to watch...
cyfman likes this.
post #138 of 141 Old Yesterday, 02:07 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc_in_oh View Post
Hetty made a comment about his protection so I think wer're supposed to believe Hetty and Grainger set it up to catch the assassin to trace Kensi?
That was my thought as well, especially since Grainger had a handgun so readily available to him to shoot at the assassin.
post #139 of 141 Old Yesterday, 09:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 370
It was so freaky when Granger asks Hetty "am I dead?" Miguel knew he was headed in that direction, for real, and I just can't get my head around putting the phrase in the script or him saying it.

Bobby 

post #140 of 141 Old Yesterday, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby94928 View Post
It was so freaky when Granger asks Hetty "am I dead?" Miguel knew he was headed in that direction, for real, and I just can't get my head around putting the phrase in the script or him saying it.
Perhaps it was an ad-lib they decided to leave in.
post #141 of 141 Old Today, 01:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby94928 View Post
Yeah, that seemed really weird to me too... I'm hoping it was a self-deprecating choice my Ferrer. It seems like the kind of thing (based on how he has been in various movies) he might suggest as an ad-lib. It also is in-character for Granger... but IF I were a writer, no way I would write that dialog for that episode.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming