The Good Wife on CBS - Page 19 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #541 of 553 Old 09-23-2014, 06:33 PM
Advanced Member
 
jabbathespud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: SFBA
Posts: 863
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Anyone think the recording was obtained from when the NSA was capturing their calls?

Lenny Venito (formerly of The Neighbors) was Cary's favorite guard.
jabbathespud is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #542 of 553 Old 09-23-2014, 06:45 PM
Advanced Member
 
rsambuca's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 939
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabbathespud View Post
Lenny Venito (formerly of The Neighbors) was Cary's favorite guard.
Yeah, as soon as I saw him I thought "Hey, Marty Weaver moved from Jersey to Chicago and turned into an AHole!
rsambuca is offline  
post #543 of 553 Old 09-23-2014, 10:24 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Cal1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 2,573
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles R View Post
Hell, Bishop is the only person on the show who Alicia legitimately defers to at this point, and for good reason: He's dangerous.

I appreciate the writers letting Bishop have this much power and it feels rather scary. Heck I got scared once or two...
Mike Colter who play Bishop is just fantastic. His shifting from smooth and professional to smooth and menacing is terrific. His "splainig" to Kalinda about her not pursuing her investigation left no doubt about what the consequences would be if she did.
Cal1981 is offline  
post #544 of 553 Old 09-28-2014, 09:42 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Charles R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 10,049
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 192
Another fantastic opening. Just like last week I played back the 9 minutes or so before watching the rest. Alicia pondering as it began framed perfectly with Diane seeing the future as the episode ended. The in between showed the grey of reality.

| 
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
Charles R is offline  
post #545 of 553 Old 09-28-2014, 10:19 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Matt L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Flushing, MI
Posts: 4,901
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 74
My feeling is that with the rapid influx of new partners and senior staff Floreck Agos will not be what Alicia had in mind when she left and formed it. In the end she will run for state's attorney and possibly win walking away.
Matt L is offline  
post #546 of 553 Old 09-29-2014, 06:40 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Charles R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 10,049
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt L View Post
My feeling is that with the rapid influx of new partners and senior staff Floreck Agos will not be what Alicia had in mind when she left and formed it.
My take is Alicia is fine with the firm growing rapidly - she even favors it as shown by her actions to a large degree going around Cary. Rather Cary is the one who would much rather feel in charge and make his way in life... Alicia being older and has more important matters to resolve and whatever is best for the firm works. Didn't she even tell Cary such when he was in lockup... we have to look out for the firm. Where Cary is more from the point of view controlling the firm.

As far as running. My guess is no way. She would never want to be a politician. Heck her husband is a shining example of why she would never want to be in that position. And frankly I don't see her as having an overriding desire to right the world's wrongs. Just look at Bishop... she could have left him behind when they started the new firm.

| 
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
Charles R is offline  
post #547 of 553 Old 09-29-2014, 10:42 AM
Member
 
reds75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 194
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Great episode,but I wish the ratings were a little higher.
reds75 is offline  
post #548 of 553 Old 09-29-2014, 11:08 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Charles R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 10,049
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by reds75 View Post
Great episode,but I wish the ratings were a little higher.
You mean adding 2 million viewers over last season isn't good enough? The premiere was 21st with kids and 9th with everyone (including us old folks). Last night was up 2 million over the previous year as well... looks like "Madam Secretary" is helping quite a bit as its up 47% over the same time period last year.

| 
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
Charles R is offline  
post #549 of 553 Old 09-29-2014, 02:05 PM
AVS Special Member
 
HDMe2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Kittrell, NC
Posts: 5,203
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 119
Hard to tell with this show... and they have surprised us before with characters being killed off... but I have a feeling like Cary is on his way out of the show one way or the other.
WLGeter likes this.

Yeah baby!  It's Halloween!
HDMe2 is offline  
post #550 of 553 Old 09-29-2014, 04:50 PM
AVS Special Member
 
pbarach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Northeast Ohio
Posts: 2,538
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles R View Post
My take is Alicia is fine with the firm growing rapidly - she even favors it as shown by her actions to a large degree going around Cary. Rather Cary is the one who would much rather feel in charge and make his way in life... Alicia being older and has more important matters to resolve and whatever is best for the firm works. Didn't she even tell Cary such when he was in lockup... we have to look out for the firm. Where Cary is more from the point of view controlling the firm.

As far as running. My guess is no way. She would never want to be a politician. Heck her husband is a shining example of why she would never want to be in that position. And frankly I don't see her as having an overriding desire to right the world's wrongs. Just look at Bishop... she could have left him behind when they started the new firm.
I enjoy this show a lot, but I think it's funny when we start talking about the characters as if they were real people with desires and choices of their own. They are of course puppets of the writers, and the writers choose how these characters act. When the writers make choices that are arbitrary or completely surprising, then most of us step back from the fiction and only then try to figure out what the writers had in mind. We saw plenty of this happen when Josh Charles's character was killed off. I suppose you can analyze it in terms of the characters' motives, but the reason (as far as we've been told, anyway) was because the actor wanted to do something else with his career.

AT&T U-Verse Northeast Ohio

Denon x4000, Samsung LED TV, B&W 704 mains, two M&K subwoofers, Oppo 103, etc.
pbarach is offline  
post #551 of 553 Old 09-29-2014, 05:30 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Charles R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 10,049
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbarach View Post
I enjoy this show a lot, but I think it's funny when we start talking about the characters as if they were real people with desires and choices of their own. They are of course puppets of the writers, and the writers choose how these characters act. When the writers make choices that are arbitrary or completely surprising, then most of us step back from the fiction and only then try to figure out what the writers had in mind.
"The Good Wife" was honored as the 50th Best Written TV Series by the Writers Guild of America.

http://www.wga.org/content/default.aspx?id=4925

So I guess it's safe to say it's fairly well written and to me that means the characters stay true to themselves by and large. And after five years one certainly gets to know them to a large degree. I don't think they are any harder to understand than a real person you would spend 22 weeks a year with for five years. That is if the writing is good...

Of course the writers determine where the story arcs go but at the same time they shouldn't alter the characters in order to get there. If you take Will's death it had nothing to do with the character's motives rather it was simply life stepping in much like an auto accident or other life altering event. His death didn't break character.

The real people are the writers who express the desires and choices of the characters and if by now one couldn't make judgments about them after watching all these years I think they would be doing a very lousy job. In this case I think they aren't and I know Alicia quite well.

| 
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|

Last edited by Charles R; 09-29-2014 at 05:46 PM.
Charles R is offline  
post #552 of 553 Old Yesterday, 04:10 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Gary McCoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 1999
Location: San Jose, California, USA
Posts: 6,255
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 43
The latest subplot where the drug kingpin of all Chicago is snuffing out members of his street crew with the full knowledge and cooperation of his lawyers is totally over the line. His lawyers have certain knowledge of future murders and have done nothing to prevent these crimes. They themselves are now criminals. Alicia and all her in-crowd deserve nothing less than prison time - after they put away Bishop with their testimony.

Gary McCoy
The United States Constitution ©1791. All Rights Reserved.

Gary McCoy is offline  
post #553 of 553 Old Yesterday, 04:39 PM
AVS Special Member
 
pbarach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Northeast Ohio
Posts: 2,538
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary McCoy View Post
The latest subplot where the drug kingpin of all Chicago is snuffing out members of his street crew with the full knowledge and cooperation of his lawyers is totally over the line. His lawyers have certain knowledge of future murders and have done nothing to prevent these crimes. They themselves are now criminals. Alicia and all her in-crowd deserve nothing less than prison time - after they put away Bishop with their testimony.
I wouldn't keep watching if they went to prison. I already watched all of the seasons of Prison Break.


AT&T U-Verse Northeast Ohio

Denon x4000, Samsung LED TV, B&W 704 mains, two M&K subwoofers, Oppo 103, etc.
pbarach is offline  
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off