The Good Wife on CBS - Page 23 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 17Likes

post #661 of 675 Old 03-31-2015, 12:44 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 247
For me it was one extremely rare episode I didn't like on many levels...

• It dumbed-down Alicia.
  • The Case of the Week felt old and tired - if not silly.
  • The infighting and resolution from the Case of the Week felt phooey.
  • Alicia's exit negotiations appeared to be way off track - would have proceeded much slower and been more amiable.

All of the characters lacked any real depth. Now as usual Eli and Marissa part's were small enough they stood above it all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #662 of 675 Old 03-31-2015, 01:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 202 Post(s)
Liked: 203
What's kind of dumb... is if a whole office of lawyers are routinely sending that many questionable emails around. I get that lawyers are people... but I would think at a law firm like that, you would learn very quickly not to put questionable things that might bite you into emails that could possibly be hacked. It's not like hacking is a new thing... and also, the fact that the higher-ups were doing just as sketchy things as the first-year lawyers... it's like none of them learned anything.

How many cases over the years did they win because they subpoenaed someone's emails OR had Kalinda hack them for a "smoking gun"? And then they are floating this kind of stuff?

Maybe it's realistic... maybe people in real life are truly that dumb... but wow... it's like the real-life case a few years back of a lawyer that got caught up in one of those Nigerian investment scams... I said that's a lawyer that nobody should ever hire again, if he falls for that.

IF these emails on the show ever went public, I don't see how a law firm could recover from that. Besides losing faith in the lawyers, many of their past cases might be overturned given some of the things revealed in their emails... so why would you risk being with them?

Also... weren't they hacked earlier this year? The locking down of files and they had to pay that ransom to get the files unlocked? They're not doing too well in the security dept.

Me do not have signature.
Where I am when I'm not here!
post #663 of 675 Old 04-06-2015, 06:55 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Last night's episode felt like "24". Endless fires that had to be instantly put out. So fast you didn't care about any of them... next week's previews look to be more of the same. My only moment of joy was the Governor's line "I think that went well." (or some such) to the interviewer as he was leaving. Often Peter doesn't come across as a Governor but in that moment he exuded power.
post #664 of 675 Old 04-06-2015, 03:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Liked: 195
I think we now have the reason for Kalinda exiting the show this season. I'm betting she goes on the lam rather than to jail. That is provided Bishop doesn't off her.

Also that guy is really a good investigator but it is not believable that someone didn't insist that he lose the kids and then return to the office by himself.
post #665 of 675 Old 04-06-2015, 07:32 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett Adams View Post
I think we now have the reason for Kalinda exiting the show this season. I'm betting she goes on the lam rather than to jail. That is provided Bishop doesn't off her.
I was thinking the same however I'd much prefer if those were ghosts and she got hit by a car, ran into her (ex?) husband, decided to run off with their gal pal or whatever. Let's not use one of these "setups" to dump her...
post #666 of 675 Old 04-07-2015, 01:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett Adams View Post

Also that guy is really a good investigator but it is not believable that someone didn't insist that he lose the kids and then return to the office by himself.
I always thought he is using his kids to disarm people. Like Kalinda is a flirt to get into places... this guy uses his kids to throw people off... they think he isn't paying attention because of his kids, but he smacks them in the face with knowledge they didn't think he had.
tomhunter8 likes this.

post #667 of 675 Old 04-07-2015, 02:18 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMe2 View Post
I always thought he is using his kids to disarm people. Like Kalinda is a flirt to get into places... this guy uses his kids to throw people off... they think he isn't paying attention because of his kids, but he smacks them in the face with knowledge they didn't think he had.
I agree. The show has been in a funk lately. Was it necessary to have a quarter of the show debating religious freedom vs. gay rights? What's the point rather than to make some political statement on an entertainment show. I am getting close to not watching anymore.
post #668 of 675 Old 04-09-2015, 05:39 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpillar View Post
I agree. The show has been in a funk lately. Was it necessary to have a quarter of the show debating religious freedom vs. gay rights? What's the point rather than to make some political statement on an entertainment show. I am getting close to not watching anymore.
My recollection may be off but I remember this show having numerous political statements both current and longstanding being argued in the courtroom.
Whitearrow likes this.
post #669 of 675 Old 04-09-2015, 10:07 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 40
I thought this episode was one of the best of the season., guess I am the only one.
post #670 of 675 Old 04-09-2015, 11:16 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 243
You're not the only one. I've been loving the show since they finished the Cary prison storyline.
post #671 of 675 Old 04-09-2015, 11:30 AM
AVS Special Member

I thought it was a good episode. I was just explaining the other investigator and his kids... I wasn't saying anything good or bad about the episode actually.

To my recollection they hit a lot of political notes over the years, either in court or around their offices. I didn't see anything new in that regard.

post #672 of 675 Old Yesterday, 07:44 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 243
I thought tonight's episode was excellent. On the political side, absolutely no one is safe from the corruption. On the law side, so many key characters in what appears to be no way out situations. It'll be interesting to see what they do to bail them out.
post #673 of 675 Old Today, 06:33 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Absolutely a fantastic episode. Politics are full of opportunistic rodents who flow with the party first mentality. The party even expects it as demonstrated here. And yes the dire situations facing many should be fun to watch unfolding in the coming episodes.
post #674 of 675 Old Today, 10:08 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Sensational episode,politics really is dirty. Alicias' daughter now knows about Will and that her mother lies.
post #675 of 675 Old Today, 07:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Yeah, a couple of cans of worms were opened up last night... some with likely to be messy cleanup too.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming