The Good Wife on CBS - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #91 of 553 Old 03-29-2011, 05:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
i think tv guide states it has a good chance of returning,but nothing is certain yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 553 Old 03-29-2011, 07:09 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaydigi View Post

Is there truth that this show is on the bubble?

Last week it was the 9th highest rated show. However it wasn't in the Top 20 for 18 to 49.

| 
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
post #93 of 553 Old 03-30-2011, 07:52 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 18
hello all,

kalinda did do what we think, or did she. any comments. i thinks it's going to be a great twist!!!

June
"IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN, YOU PLAN TO FAIL"
post #94 of 553 Old 03-31-2011, 04:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Another great episode this week I love this show
post #95 of 553 Old 03-31-2011, 05:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 90
I like how they've increased Kalinda's screen time, very interesting character both on the show and from what I've read online about the actress.
post #96 of 553 Old 03-31-2011, 07:37 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 42
I think this is one of the best shows on TV. The producers of 'Body of Proof' should have learned from this series how to build a show around an actress that isn't trite and obvious.
post #97 of 553 Old 05-18-2011, 06:14 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Liked: 174
"The Good Wife" moves to Sundays at 9PM in the Fall: http://www.deadline.com/2011/05/cbs-...day-9-pm-slot/.

post #98 of 553 Old 05-18-2011, 06:29 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dad1153 View Post

"The Good Wife" moves to Sundays at 9PM in the Fall: http://www.deadline.com/2011/05/cbs-...day-9-pm-slot/.

I don't care when it airs just don't cancel it! This year's finale was terrific and setup the new season rather nicely.

| 
|
|
|
post #99 of 553 Old 05-18-2011, 08:59 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 29
A great season finale.. The scene with Kalinda and the Construction owner on the lift was classic....Her "what", and exasperated blow of her hair was teriffic. Is "Annie Frost" from Chase going to be a regular part of the cast??...She is one big girl, much taller than Kalinda, and of course girl/ girl scenes in bed = ratings...
post #100 of 553 Old 05-18-2011, 09:02 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Lucca View Post

Is "Annie Frost" from Chase going to be a regular part of the cast??...She is one big girl, much taller than Kalinda, and of course girl/ girl scenes in bed = ratings...

I hope so... she was only reason I watched Chase.

| 
|
|
|
post #101 of 553 Old 05-18-2011, 09:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 21
I got a kick out of that ending.

Interesting time/day change, up against Desperate Housewives.
post #102 of 553 Old 05-18-2011, 12:09 PM

Quote:

I find it odd that they moved it up against Sunday Night football on NBC, it will also be a struggle to start on time on the Sundays that CBS has a 4:00 game since they never end at 7:00, so that will effect the actual start time of the show, effectively messing up the DVR start time if you are watching football.
post #103 of 553 Old 05-18-2011, 02:50 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 22
hmmmm.... i wonder why there isn't more action on this thread. this is a really good show. it has pretty high ratings, doesn't it? anyway, i'm probably in the minority, but i don't like alicia getting together with will.
post #104 of 553 Old 05-18-2011, 04:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewpidity View Post
I find it odd that they moved it up against Sunday Night football on NBC, it will also be a struggle to start on time on the Sundays that CBS has a 4:00 game since they never end at 7:00, so that will effect the actual start time of the show, effectively messing up the DVR start time if you are watching football.
I absolutely hate that time slot IMO the worst time slot on TV! Cold Case used to air on the same slot and I had to pad the recording 1 extra hour because football ALWAYS!!! ran long. It was explained in the CC thread why they don't just add 1/2 hr to the schedule for football(which would allow a 80% chance of something in that slot to start on time) but I guess it had to do with ratings and basically the networks didn't care about people with DVRs missing the end. I liked CC but was glad to not have to deal with that time slot, now I'll have to again
post #105 of 553 Old 05-18-2011, 04:38 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grubadub View Post
it has pretty high ratings, doesn't it? anyway, i'm probably in the minority, but i don't like alicia getting together with will.
My guess is they won't be together long. Ratings wise...

CBS' drama block saw drastic improvements for their respective finale episodes. NCIS (18.1 million, 3.8), NCIS: Los Angeles (15.4 million, 3.2) and The Good Wife (12.4 million, 2.5) -- which the network revealed May 18 would be moved to Sunday nights this fall -- were all up double digits from their 2010 finales.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...gs-good-189822

| 
|
|
|
post #106 of 553 Old 05-18-2011, 08:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 75
I'm feeling quite ambivalent over the plot in the last couple of episodes. Sure, Alicia is angry, even very angry, but to do the 180 as she did, does not ring quite true to her character in my view. And, for some reason the closing scene made me a bit angry, I can only hope in the opener she'll have changed her mind and walked out.
post #107 of 553 Old 05-18-2011, 09:57 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt L View Post

I'm feeling quite ambivalent over the plot in the last couple of episodes. Sure, Alicia is angry, even very angry, but to do the 180 as she did, does not ring quite true to her character in my view. And, for some reason the closing scene made me a bit angry, I can only hope in the opener she'll have changed her mind and walked out.

As she said during the episode... it's been brewing for a long time (or some such) and I didn't see it as a 180. I think it hit her two ways... one her best friend and co-worker had sex with her husband bringing her embarrassment beyond belief and with the campaign over she felt less obligated to remain neutral. To my eyes she never resumed their marriage after the scandal (not counting the one time they...).

Also I think she feels more independent and self-assured now. Noticed how she took in the large corner office almost like she had grown into it and was ready. After two years of working being by herself probably doesn't seem as scary.

Regarding Will she was drunk and they both keep saying just one hour. I can't see them becoming a couple regardless of what happened behind those closed doors.

| 
|
|
|
post #108 of 553 Old 05-18-2011, 10:45 PM

Quote:

Looks Like I will be dropping the show. I never watch/dvr anything on CBS Sunday nights because of sports overruns and them insisting on a 4 hour Sunday night schedule. I certainly like the show but this one I will now wait until DVD time to watch it.
post #109 of 553 Old 05-18-2011, 11:14 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt L View Post

grubadub and MattL -

I 100% agree with you. And Matt, I totally agree with your above post. Alicia was totally out of character these last three episodes, to the point that I haven't even liked her. I, like yourself, was pretty angry over the last few minutes of the season finale. This doesn't even feel like the same show now. For one, yes, she was drunk...but why was it just her and Will celebrating their victory? Where was Diane? Did you notice the older man playing the piano, then winking at Alicia? That has to be something significant next season. Don't you worry, this little escapade will get out to the media and it will not look good at all for Alicia... They weren't even attempting to be discreet. The whole time they were holding hands and passionately kissing in the elevator, all I could keep my eye on was Alicia's wedding band, still on her ring finger. If she was completely done with Peter, that ring would not be there. If she wants to play around with Will then she needs to divorce Peter. As it stands now, Alicia is technically no better than Peter because she has committed the exact same wrong that Peter did. I read on TGW Facebook page of all the women saying "go get it Alicia! You deserve that! Getcha some!" makes me pretty baffled. Do people really believe now that two wrongs make a right? Alicia is (was) a respectable woman with high moral ground.... to have her suddenly cheat on her husband, separated or not, is a major flaw. It makes it unrealistic. I was angry because it would appear that Alicia is going to stoop down to Peter's level. I suppose that's our society nowadays, though. All people want to see is sex sex sex.... revenge....cheating.... but I'd think a woman would definitely not approve of her behavior, which is why it's a surprise to me that most of them support her decision. I find it funny that this is my favorite scripted show, yet my wife doesn't much like it! :-)

Anyway I hope when the new season starts she'll realize she's about to make a mistake and run out of the room. In any case, whether she is drunk or not, if she goes through with it, she will definitely regret her decision. Imagine how working with Will would be after that! LOL.

HD OTA From Houston, TX

KPRC 2 (NBC-HD)
KUHT 8 (PBS-HD)
KHOU 11 (CBS-HD)
KTRK 13 (ABC-HD)
KTXH 20 (MNTV-HD)
KRIV 26 (FOX-HD)
KIAH 39 (CW-HD)
post #110 of 553 Old 05-19-2011, 06:13 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithAR2002 View Post
Alicia is (was) a respectable woman with high moral ground.... to have her suddenly cheat on her husband, separated or not, is a major flaw. It makes it unrealistic.
Unrealistic? What do the stats say?...

Percentage of women who admit to committing infidelity in any relationship they've had: 54%
Percentage of men and women who admit to having an affair with a co-worker: 36%

http://www.infidelityfacts.com/infid...tatistics.html

Whether those stats are right or wrong I think the percentage is high enough it's far from unrealistic. Throw in the fact it's an old college sweetheart and the odds increases to 99%?

| 
|
|
|
post #111 of 553 Old 05-19-2011, 07:20 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithAR2002 View Post
grubadub and MattL -

I 100% agree with you. And Matt, I totally agree with your above post. Alicia was totally out of character these last three episodes, to the point that I haven't even liked her. I, like yourself, was pretty angry over the last few minutes of the season finale. This doesn't even feel like the same show now. For one, yes, she was drunk...but why was it just her and Will celebrating their victory? Where was Diane? Did you notice the older man playing the piano, then winking at Alicia? That has to be something significant next season. Don't you worry, this little escapade will get out to the media and it will not look good at all for Alicia... They weren't even attempting to be discreet. The whole time they were holding hands and passionately kissing in the elevator, all I could keep my eye on was Alicia's wedding band, still on her ring finger. If she was completely done with Peter, that ring would not be there. If she wants to play around with Will then she needs to divorce Peter. As it stands now, Alicia is technically no better than Peter because she has committed the exact same wrong that Peter did. I read on TGW Facebook page of all the women saying "go get it Alicia! You deserve that! Getcha some!" makes me pretty baffled. Do people really believe now that two wrongs make a right? Alicia is (was) a respectable woman with high moral ground.... to have her suddenly cheat on her husband, separated or not, is a major flaw. It makes it unrealistic. I was angry because it would appear that Alicia is going to stoop down to Peter's level. I suppose that's our society nowadays, though. All people want to see is sex sex sex.... revenge....cheating.... but I'd think a woman would definitely not approve of her behavior, which is why it's a surprise to me that most of them support her decision. I find it funny that this is my favorite scripted show, yet my wife doesn't much like it! :-)

Anyway I hope when the new season starts she'll realize she's about to make a mistake and run out of the room. In any case, whether she is drunk or not, if she goes through with it, she will definitely regret her decision. Imagine how working with Will would be after that! LOL.

well put keith. if she wants to move on, get divorced and move on. she's been through the torture of being publicly cheated on and has held the high ground. that's virtuous and gives us a reason to pull for her and admire her. so it's disappointing to see her throw that away. but like some have said, hopefully she realizes this and doesn't go through with it.
post #112 of 553 Old 05-19-2011, 12:13 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Oh how I long for the Waltons. I guess virtue dosen't sell anymore.
post #113 of 553 Old 05-19-2011, 04:51 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 19
If she is in it to get back at Will, she should kiss and make up/out sleep with Kalinda. Then go back to Peter. Its irrational to be mad at Peter now, imo.
post #114 of 553 Old 05-19-2011, 05:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by GqMagic View Post

Its irrational to be mad at Peter now, imo.

Why?

Not defending infidelity... but look at it like this...

Peter cheated multiple times with multiple partners... and went to prison... and Alicia believed he had changed and was trying to learn to accept him and slowly move forward.

Then she finds out that the whole time he had kept yet another secret from her... Why would Peter have not come clean on everything so nothing could come back and bite him?

So... Alicia feels betrayed all over again, and to some extent thinks Peter and Kalinda might have even been mocking her stupidity for not knowing about them...

And now they are separated again... so if she does fall into something with Will... it's hard to blame her... she was kind of pushed into it... and at least she has some feelings for Will, unlike Peter who appears to have been just cheating because he could (or thought he could) get away with it.

That said... it isn't smart... given how it will look in the press... and how Peter can spin it to say "see, she was doing it too" even if it is just that one time at the end of all Peter's betrayals.

So it just isn't a smart thing to fall into for Alicia... given all the smarter ways she had been handling everything else... but she is human.

I also suspect that Kalinda would be helpful... as she genuinely likes Alicia, and does not like Peter... over all this time... so likely Kalinda ultimately helps Alicia out of this slip-up somehow.

I do hate the schedule change, though... This fit well with me on NCIS night... I hated Cold Case on Sundays because (as others have noted) it almost never came on at the scheduled time during NFL season... which made it hard to watch or DVR along with FOX shows I watch for the same reason.

I much prefer shows I like to not be on Sunday nights unless they are on a channel like TNT or USA or something where you can count on the time they will air being solid.

Yeah baby!  It's Halloween!
post #115 of 553 Old 05-19-2011, 05:30 PM

You guys consider that cheating? They are separated without the paper work being filed.
post #116 of 553 Old 05-19-2011, 06:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles R View Post

Throw in the fact it's an old college sweetheart and the odds increases to 99%?

Especially if they are Facebook friends
post #117 of 553 Old 05-20-2011, 02:17 PM
Advanced Member

Nice interview with the Kings: http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment...transcrip.html

This show is noticeably soft to me. Is TGW as sharp as other CBS shows for you?
post #118 of 553 Old 05-20-2011, 02:34 PM
AVS Special Member

TGW is just as sharp as other CBS programming, which is excellent in my market(no subs).
post #119 of 553 Old 05-20-2011, 03:19 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vfxproducer View Post

Especially if they are Facebook friends

Very true!

| 
|
|
|
post #120 of 553 Old 05-20-2011, 03:21 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notti View Post

This show is noticeably soft to me. Is TGW as sharp as other CBS shows for you?

I was comparing Boxee Box to my TiVo (recordings) and I noticed it looked a little soft (compared to some other shows).

| 
|
|
|
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page