White Collar on USA HD - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 217 Old 08-15-2010, 02:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 59
I DVR and watch both on the night they air. Awesome combo. Thursday nights combo is just as good but do not mesh as well. I think Royal Pains might sync better with Psych rather than Burn Notice. That way I could maintain my Burn Notice adrenaline rush for a longer period.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 217 Old 08-16-2010, 06:10 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Seems as if the Kate storyline isn't dead yet. The introduction of the remains of the exploded plane can only lead in one direction.
post #93 of 217 Old 08-16-2010, 08:48 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I was able to catch the "flip-flop" marathon that was on yesterday so I'm finally all caught up for this week's show, I think. (I DVR the show every week...don't want to miss an episode!)

I'm really enjoying season 2. This is a great show. I love the dynamic between Neal and Peter...they "fit" well together.

DGK
post #94 of 217 Old 08-16-2010, 08:50 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccur View Post

Seems as if the Kate storyline isn't dead yet. The introduction of the remains of the exploded plane can only lead in one direction.

That and the "key" that fits into the top of the music box...it will be interesting to see where this goes next.

DGK
post #95 of 217 Old 08-18-2010, 12:11 PM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 65
I'd rather see Tiffany with her pregnancy weight than the goofy vertical stretch they are doing to try and make her look thinner.
post #96 of 217 Old 08-18-2010, 12:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 51
^ We can only hope that it's the goofy vertical stretch...
She must've been very, very pregnant when the season started filming. I was at least expecting the sit on couch and hide behind pillow maneuver, with the flowers in vase blocking body shots and the rarely used body double back to the camera with voice dub over tactic to carry them through the first half. No such luck.

Dazed and confused over high tech.

Sigh...Concrap. The Internet Overlord Cometh
They're not com-tastic!
post #97 of 217 Old 08-19-2010, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPanther95 View Post

I'd rather see Tiffany with her pregnancy weight than the goofy vertical stretch they are doing to try and make her look thinner.

Is it a stretch or are they just green screening her into scenes? I had no idea she was pregnant (don't really read up on all that stuff), but from the first episode it seemed as though the characters weren't even in the same scene together, just green screened together.

Now that you mention the pregnancy, perhaps they had her in one day to do all her parts to keep her schedule to a minimum. Record them all up front and then stitch them in as needed.

Anyway, that's just a nitpick.

Overall this show has been great. Season 1 was fun and Season 2 is carrying that momentum forward. This and Psych are two of my favorites.

I've recorded Covert but haven't gotten a chance to start watching them yet. Just not enough time presently.
post #98 of 217 Old 08-19-2010, 01:16 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
I'm a big fan of this show, particularly the dynamic between Neal/Peter and Neal/Mozzie. I can't say that I'm a huge fan of the new Sara character though. If the show wants to bring in a lady to pair off with Neal (which is what this looks like) I definitely prefer the interplay/relationship between Neal and Alex than I do to the one between Neal and Sara.
post #99 of 217 Old 08-19-2010, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac707 View Post

I'm a big fan of this show, particularly the dynamic between Neal/Peter and Neal/Mozzie. I can't say that I'm a huge fan of the new Sara character though. If the show wants to bring in a lady to pair off with Neal (which is what this looks like) I definitely prefer the interplay/relationship between Neal and Alex than I do to the one between Neal and Sara.

Ditto .. I like Sara but do not see any chemistry between her and Neal as I do between him and Alex !!
Also when is Elizabeth coming home so there are more Peter/Elizabeth scenes ? I miss them !
post #100 of 217 Old 08-22-2010, 10:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
I actually liked Sara a tad more. The relationship is more anatagonistic.

With Alex, the relationship suffers from the "OK, you're hawt fer each other -- just screw already!" factor. It's too much like Mal and Inara on Firefly, and it makes the UST more annoying than fun.

Good UST needs a boundary that both characters don't want to cross for good reasons. With Sara and Neal, that's a gimme: she'd like to remain employable. With Neal and Alex, it doesn't make sense because Neal's already shown his judgment per females sucks with whatever the dead GFs name was.
post #101 of 217 Old 08-26-2010, 08:10 AM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Another pro-Sara vote here.

Haven't said this about any character since the Devil (Ray Wise) on Reaper, but I'd say that Mozzie is the best character on television right now.
post #102 of 217 Old 08-26-2010, 09:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 330
I'm not pro Neal having a permanent romance with anyone on the show. The perfect counterbalance between Peter/Elizabeth stable relationship is Neal seducing every woman in walking distance.

It was nice to see Joe Morten has the new big boss for the last episode.
post #103 of 217 Old 08-26-2010, 10:18 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPanther95 View Post

Another pro-Sara vote here.

Haven't said this about any character since the Devil (Ray Wise) on Reaper, but I'd say that Mozzie is the best character on television right now.

Totally agree about Mozzie.
post #104 of 217 Old 08-27-2010, 10:10 PM

Elizabeth's back, still sporting some baby weight, and I commented on that (her... um... chest looked larger than before) but my wife said "What are you talking about? She's still pregnant." Didn't look like it to me, but I figure she would know.

I agree about Neal not needing any steady female in his life. As spid said, it's a nice contrast to Peter's stable marriage. They hinted that Alex and Neal aren't just attracted to each other, but actually have a history. One episode, I forget the exact circumstances, but they were at Neal's place and had to get out of their clothes for some reason (yeah, I know, but whatever) and one of them said "Seems like old times."

The powers that be on this show must have a thing for brunettes. All the main females are brunette, we've had more than one blond turn out to be the perp, and the actress who plays Sara is normally blond but is brunette for the part of Sara. Coincidence?
post #105 of 217 Old 08-28-2010, 05:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orbert View Post

The powers that be on this show must have a thing for brunettes. All the main females are brunette, we've had more than one blond turn out to be the perp, and the actress who plays Sara is normally blond but is brunette for the part of Sara. Coincidence?

Another reason I love this show.
post #106 of 217 Old 09-08-2010, 01:56 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 335
Pretty slick finale even if I couldn't remember half of what they were talking about regarding the arc plot - Mentor? No idea. They really should give the arc plots at least one or two devoted episodes per season to make it stick but it's a common problem with USA shows.

Particularly liked the use of music this episode and the metal detector and Errol Flynn scenes were very cool. I replayed the gun toss a few times.

The ending was well done in that it had little build-up so it wasn't obviously signposted and the shooting was done in a abrupt and simple way which makes a change from the usual. Mozzie obviously won't die but I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next.

post #107 of 217 Old 01-27-2011, 09:37 PM
AVS Addicted Member

So as expected the Mozzie situation was resolved pretty nonchalantly, but the first episode was solid White Collar fun with a good con and the usual Burke/Caffrey rapport. Pity I couldn't remember who the insurance agent was.

This week was a great departure though. I enjoyed seeing the early Mozzie, Neal and Burke (especially the first meeting with Neal) and after seeing Kate in the blue dress I final appreciate what Neal sees in her. Yowza. They could give Burke a mustache but unfortunately they couldn't turn back Thiessen's baby weight. At least they didn't squeeze her face with some camera un-magic to make her younger. Mrs Suit did have a cool moment in the opening episode though. The looks on Burke and Caffrey's face as she spoke to the dude in the phone box was hilarious.

Andrew McCarthy was a good addition to the show too. I barely recognized him initially so I'm looking forward to seeing him again. Hopefully he'll get more screen time because right now I have less clue what the show arc is about than I do with Burn Notice and that's saying something.

The music box from the eighteenth century plays a musical algorithm that translates into a fractal design for a radio antenna to track down a ship lost in the 40's?

Really that entire aspect is starting to feel like a missing Rambaldi invention from Alias - except that it makes less sense.

post #108 of 217 Old 02-02-2011, 02:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 50
Did they ever explain what happened to the female FBI agent who was part of Peter's team? It's like she was there for a while, but then she just disappeared and was replaced by Naomi from Lost.
post #109 of 217 Old 02-02-2011, 03:11 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Imp View Post

Did they ever explain what happened to the female FBI agent who was part of Peter's team? It's like she was there for a while, but then she just disappeared and was replaced by Naomi from Lost.

No they didn't and last night when Naomi was on the catwalk I couldn't help thinking that Natalie Morales would have looked much better. They wasted her when she was on White Collar.

post #110 of 217 Old 02-25-2011, 10:35 PM
AVS Addicted Member

I guess there's only two of us watching this season!

I'm still enjoying this immensely and this week was no exception. The show can still throw in some clever tricks and neat ideas and I really liked the ring on the statue and the jailbreak over the phone with the ring pull.

Mozzie seems to be getting more time this season too. Even Jones got some action this week.

post #111 of 217 Old 02-25-2011, 10:41 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked: 322
Make it three, I think this has been an excellent season so far, maybe best ever in fact.
post #112 of 217 Old 02-26-2011, 01:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 330
I watched the breakout episode last night, and I liked the cat and mouse between Neal and Keller. The show is smart enough to reuse some of their more dynamic guest stars which is a credit to the creative staff.
post #113 of 217 Old 02-27-2011, 08:13 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Season 3 has been more action packed, and much better.
post #114 of 217 Old 02-27-2011, 08:29 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 405
I'm still on board with White Collar, too, guys. I have been enjoying it immensely since it returned from hiatus. I think there is wonderful chemistry between Neal and Peter and I enjoy Peter's wife, Elizabeth, and Neal's friend, Mozzie, too. The only down note to the show to me is the distracting tattoo on the shoulder of Marsha Thomason, who plays Special Agent Diana Barrigan, but that's just me. She is adequate otherwise, I think.
post #115 of 217 Old 02-27-2011, 08:57 AM

iir the show is only in the second season.

ran

setton sansui lo-d kensonic esprit nikko concept aurex a&d optonica otto
I love my dead av brands!
post #116 of 217 Old 02-27-2011, 12:53 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

The only down note to the show to me is the distracting tattoo on the shoulder of Marsha Thomason, who plays Special Agent Diana Barrigan, but that's just me.

No, I don't think it is.

Every time I see that tattoo it starts me questioning the dress code at the FBI. I thought all tattoos had to be discreet and not visible.

post #117 of 217 Old 02-27-2011, 03:43 PM
DDD

Liked: 14
Why do actors even get very visible tats in the first place? Wouldn't it limit their opportunities for certain roles? Acting gigs are very scarce to get in the first place. I guess it wouldn't matter in their restaurant jobs though!
post #118 of 217 Old 02-27-2011, 04:33 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDD View Post
Why do actors even get very visible tats in the first place? Wouldn't it limit their opportunities for certain roles? Acting gigs are very scarce to get in the first place. I guess it wouldn't matter in their restaurant jobs though!
Have you seen Megan Fox? Here ridiculous assortment of tattoo's doesn't stop her getting roles even when the makeup artists have to spend hours covering them up. Which makes it even more ridiculous to hire her in the first place, because she really is just a pretty face.

At least someone like Danny Trejo didn't have aspirations to be an actor, so his tattoos are the results of his life and they fit in with the roles he plays.

There's no reason why they couldn't make Naomi from Lost wear a long sleeve shirt on White Collar when she's not undercover. Just to conform to the FBI dress code.

post #119 of 217 Old 02-27-2011, 11:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 73
She's had that tat since her Las Vegas days, you can see it there. Personally I hate them and think it's stupid for an actor to do that to themselves. I remember Allissia Milano and Holly Marie Combs on Charmed where all tatted up as is Alex O'Loughlin of Hawaii 50, he didn't used to be.
post #120 of 217 Old 03-08-2011, 10:33 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Well, that was kind of meh.

For a finale I thought it was the weakest episode of the .5 batch. It didn't really peak well and the submarine should have been the high point but they didn't spend much time with it and it kind of appeared out of nowhere. The ep felt like a rushed National Collar: Submarine of Secrets.

They killed Andrew McCarthy who was one of the better adversaries and the ending was both silly and predictable.

Are we supposed to assume that Alex swapped out all the art in the warehouse and at Neal's place or is it some other shadowy figure to be revealed?

At least this episode finally ended the Kate arc and also the music box arc.

Season three starts in the Fall.

Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page