post #121 of 217 Old 03-08-2011, 11:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post

Well, that was kind of meh.

For a finale I thought it was the weakest episode of the .5 batch. It didn't really peak well and the submarine should have been the high point but they didn't spend much time with it and it kind of appeared out of nowhere. The ep felt like a rushed National Collar: Submarine of Secrets.

They killed Andrew McCarthy who was one of the better adversaries and the ending was both silly and predictable.

Are we supposed to assume that Alex swapped out all the art in the warehouse and at Neal's place or is it some other shadowy figure to be revealed?

At least this episode finally ended the Kate arc and also the music box arc.

Season three starts in the Fall.

Agree completely, as soon as they popped off that plate and hopped in the sub........ that was it, seriously. Then i waited for something major to happen or at least a good cliffhanger but alas to no avail.

Having said that however i do throughly enjoy the show and will definitely keep the season pass on my TiVo <- Neil

Tommy: What's wrong with this one?
Turkish: Oh, nothing, Tommy. It's tiptop. It's just I'm not sure about the color.

DIY Professional Cables
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 217 Old 03-08-2011, 11:33 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 25
I figured it was Moz who switched things out. The smile at the end was worth the Meh part.
post #123 of 217 Old 03-14-2011, 06:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 353
I really dug the ending of the show. The smile on Neal's face was priceless. The pitch at the end for the start of the next season made the episode worthwhile for me.
post #124 of 217 Old 06-10-2011, 01:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 52
A very good opening to the new "season" this last Tuesday. I didn't suspect who had stolen the art, so that was a little bit of a surprise. If the show is going to continue, Caffery is going to have to sit on that art for a long time. He really hasn't turned honest, it's merely expedient for him to act honest for the time being.

Luke

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.-JOA
post #125 of 217 Old 06-10-2011, 04:39 PM

Agreed. But I'm sure it was significant that Peter now has the manifest from the U-boat and said that as soon as someone tries to fence anything, they've got him, meanwhile Mozzie says they'll need to sell something to finance the next escape attempt.

Personally, I thought that was a bit weak, as it's been established that Neal has other resources, and a huge stash of other stuff he could sell if it really came to that.
post #126 of 217 Old 06-11-2011, 03:02 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orbert View Post

Personally, I thought that was a bit weak, as it's been established that Neal has other resources, and a huge stash of other stuff he could sell if it really came to that.

I think last season it was mentioned that he had already run through all of that. It was in that one episode where peter is kidnapped and he had to use the ring that was on the statue.

You can never judge a show by its pilot episode or the half season following it.
post #127 of 217 Old 06-11-2011, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chestnu1 View Post

I think last season it was mentioned that he had already run through all of that. It was in that one episode where peter is kidnapped and he had to use the ring that was on the statue.

Yeah - why do I have the feeling that it is going to play out essentially the same with the art?
post #128 of 217 Old 06-13-2011, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chestnu1 View Post

Oops, I think you're right. I'd forgotten that.
post #129 of 217 Old 06-13-2011, 12:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Was this the third season for it?

In space, no one can hear you scream . . .
post #130 of 217 Old 06-17-2011, 12:19 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 355
What a strange point in the series to change the title sequence.

I like the visuals but the music sucks. Totally forgettable and without any impact. I really liked the short but strong guitar riff that it used to open with.

post #131 of 217 Old 06-17-2011, 08:33 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
What a strange point in the series to change the title sequence.

I like the visuals but the music sucks. Totally forgettable and without any impact. I really liked the short but strong guitar riff that it used to open with.
No kidding. That shocked me when they changed the title sequence. BTW, anyone know if the previous guitar riff music comes from something in particular (i.e., that I can find on iTunes or Amazon) or was just music created for the show title?
post #132 of 217 Old 06-17-2011, 05:37 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
new opening song is not good.
post #133 of 217 Old 06-17-2011, 06:06 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1812 View Post

No kidding. That shocked me when they changed the title sequence. BTW, anyone know if the previous guitar riff music comes from something in particular (i.e., that I can find on iTunes or Amazon) or was just music created for the show title?

On the USA forums one of the members has been replacing the audio with the existing music and the results are a lot better.

http://www.vollinnepumpe.de/jumper/Opener3.html

http://www.vollinnepumpe.de/jumper/Opener.html

I think the second works pretty well with the new titles. Apparently Jeff Eastin didn't make the change but he's acknowledged he's heard the generally disapproving feedback to the new music so hopefully it won't be around long.

I really enjoyed this week's episode apart from that. I'm a sucker for a treasure hunt and it was fun to watch Tim DeKay act like a kid and for the Mozzie and Mrs Suit to get involved.

The book disintegrating was a surprise too. Even if in the end it didn't turn out to be Neal making a massive screw-up.

post #134 of 217 Old 06-22-2011, 09:48 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked: 453
Watched last night's White Collar episode and enjoyed it. Jayne Atkinson was terrific as Helen, a driven investigative reporter and the meanest boss since Meryl Streep's Miranda Priestly in The Devil Wears Prada. I laughed out loud at the way Diana's fellow FBI agents, with the help of Elizabeth Burke, setup a fancy kid't birthday party at the last minute to allow Diana to fulfill her undercover role as Helen's abused assistant. I am also enjoying Neil's continuing relationship with the gorgeous insurance investigator, Sara.
post #135 of 217 Old 06-22-2011, 10:31 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Always good to see Jayne Atkinson from 24, remember she married Bill...Anyone else notice Tim Dekay chewing up each scene he is in, it looks to me like Matt is noticing. He needs to turn it down a notch, this has just started with this new batch of episodes. "Sara" looks great. What happened to the other woman in Neil's life at the last season ender??? It was tough to pick who was hotter, her or Sara. How about Diana's Doctor girl-friend...WOW!!! Pretty good summer show....
post #136 of 217 Old 06-24-2011, 11:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 353
It is nice they through in the Manchester accent as the actress was born there. I thought the episode was good, and I loved the mad scramble to get the birthday party done.
post #137 of 217 Old 07-15-2011, 03:58 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Have to give kudos to USA. They heard the feedback about the new titles, took an audience poll and the original guitar is coming back. Even Jeff Eastin voted for the old theme.
jeffeastin The old main title won. You will see it in next week's #WhiteCollar. The following week you'll see @SharifAtkins and Hilarie added to it.
I always thought it was odd that Sharif Atkins has never been included. He's been there since episode one and in the past few episodes he's been quite rightly getting more scenes.

post #138 of 217 Old 07-20-2011, 12:51 AM
AVS Addicted Member

"Send over the handsome one."

Old theme music is back. Show gets some slick new visual tricks. Cinematography was first class. Lena Headey gets added to the show, but sadly not as a regular.

Lots of good in this episode which was astonishingly undermined by the sheer stupidity of plugging a hacker's USB stick into the network of the FBI.

I really dislike any storylines involving hacking or computers. Not only are they usually pretty boring to watch (yay computer screens!) but almost every single example just demonstrates how the writers have no real idea about the world they are trying to show.

post #139 of 217 Old 07-20-2011, 10:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Mozzie: She;s here now.
Everyone: Yeah, we get that!

Luke

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.-JOA
post #140 of 217 Old 07-20-2011, 03:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Bagging Lena Headey - well done Mozzie!
post #141 of 217 Old 07-21-2011, 11:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:

"Send over the handsome one."

Old theme music is back. Show gets some slick new visual tricks. Cinematography was first class. Lena Headey gets added to the show, but sadly not as a regular.

Lots of good in this episode which was astonishingly undermined by the sheer stupidity of plugging a hacker's USB stick into the network of the FBI.

I really dislike any storylines involving hacking or computers. Not only are they usually pretty boring to watch (yay computer screens!) but almost every single example just demonstrates how the writers have no real idea about the world they are trying to show.

They said the USB stick had been scanned....

All in all, I really enjoy this show.

Peachtree City Golf Cart Rider
post #142 of 217 Old 07-21-2011, 08:44 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDonoughDawg View Post

They said the USB stick had been scanned....

I know and that was just another example of silly writing. They were dealing with one of the most proficient hackers in America, how can they scan for handwritten code? It's not as if it was in the virus definitions for that month. Then they didn't even run the file to check before passing it on!

Anyone with even the vaguest clue about computer protection would have plugged it in to a laptop that was isolated from the main network.

What makes this even more stupid is that the Cybercrimes division of the FBI warns people on it's Web site:
Carelessly downloading e-mail attachments can circumvent even the most vigilant anti-virus software. Never open an e-mail attachment from someone you don't know, and be wary of forwarded attachments from people you do know. They may have unwittingly advanced malicious code.

post #143 of 217 Old 07-22-2011, 08:34 AM

Quote:

I know and that was just another example of silly writing. They were dealing with one of the most proficient hackers in America, how can they scan for handwritten code? It's not as if it was in the virus definitions for that month. Then they didn't even run the file to check before passing it on!

Anyone with even the vaguest clue about computer protection would have plugged it in to a laptop that was isolated from the main network.

What makes this even more stupid is that the Cybercrimes division of the FBI warns people on it's Web site:
Carelessly downloading e-mail attachments can circumvent even the most vigilant anti-virus software. Never open an e-mail attachment from someone you don't know, and be wary of forwarded attachments from people you do know. They may have unwittingly advanced malicious code.

Exactly. Pull the wireless radios from the laptop, don't plug it in - its nice and isolated from the rest of the network, nothing bad can happen.
post #144 of 217 Old 07-23-2011, 06:53 PM
AVS Club Gold

So I'm trying to figure out how Neil is going to get out of this situation. It's obvious Mozzie isn't going to. He has no desire to live a more normal life. Are we ultimately going to see a Neil vs. Mozzie con throw down?

Someday maybe I'll actually WATCH my projector...
post #145 of 217 Old 07-27-2011, 11:16 AM
AVS Club Gold

Slowly but surely Neil is coming to the light side. Darth Mozzie looks like he isn't ever going to give up that life.

Someday maybe I'll actually WATCH my projector...
post #146 of 217 Old 08-10-2011, 08:05 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Probably my favorite finale of the show. Lots of things happening from the slick AT-4 caper, Neal pulling off some fancy moves along the way with his ever-cool hat, ridiculously fun (but very fake) base jumping, Beau Bridges, Neal playing Peter and Peter trying to catch out Neal, beautiful opening cinematography and plenty of moments that had all the partnerships up in the air.

Mostly though I enjoyed this finale because the arc was simple! After the stupidly oblique and nonsensical arcs that have run through the past seasons (Peter's ring, the music box secret code, the fractal antenna ...) this year was easy to follow with an outcome that actually meant something. Neal has treasure. Peter wants treasure. Mozzie wants to leave. Simple.

And great cliffhanger too. Once again shaking up the bromance for next season and putting Mozzie's return in actual doubt.

post #147 of 217 Old 08-11-2011, 12:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 120
Quote:
And great cliffhanger too. Once again shaking up the bromance for next season and putting Mozzie's return in actual doubt.
Nah ... Mozzie has a thing for "Mrs. Suit." The kidnapping will turn him back to the light side.
post #148 of 217 Old 08-11-2011, 01:33 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Mrs. Suit is hot.
post #149 of 217 Old 08-11-2011, 06:56 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked: 453
Quote:

Probably my favorite finale of the show. Lots of things happening from the slick AT-4 caper, Neal pulling off some fancy moves along the way with his ever-cool hat, ridiculously fun (but very fake) base jumping, Beau Bridges, Neal playing Peter and Peter trying to catch out Neal, beautiful opening cinematography and plenty of moments that had all the partnerships up in the air.

Mostly though I enjoyed this finale because the arc was simple! After the stupidly oblique and nonsensical arcs that have run through the past seasons (Peter's ring, the music box secret code, the fractal antenna ...) this year was easy to follow with an outcome that actually meant something. Neal has treasure. Peter wants treasure. Mozzie wants to leave. Simple.

I agree that the White Collar season finale was great television. I watched it with my college student grandson and we both loved it. Neil's insouciant parachute jump from the penthouse to the street was high camp at its best. The boy is cool!

I was glad to see the little woman again who Neil had conned into thinking he was an Interpol agent in an earlier episode. She is very appealing, as is just about everybody else on the show for that matter. Come to think of it, though, the ruthless and homicidal Keller isn't very appealing at all.

It was fun to see Beau Bridges show up as an FBI agent and art theft expert who is Peter's old mentor. I have always admired Bridges' work and wondered why he didn't end up being a bigger star.

OFF TOPIC NOTE: What happened to the AVS server yesterday? I wasn't able to reach it between about 10:30 AM and 10:00 PM. Only this morning was I able to connect again.
post #150 of 217 Old 08-11-2011, 07:14 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

I was glad to see the little woman again who Neil had conned into thinking he was an Interpol agent in an earlier episode. She is very appealing, as is just about everybody else on the show for that matter.

She's grown up since I last saw her.

Power outage at the server HQ damaged the AVS hardware yesterday. That's why the site was down.

Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page