Forum Jump: 

post #121 of 131 Old 02-08-2010, 10:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Wellman View Post

To GregAnnapolis, did Fios ever get CSN-W+ on your system? According to the CSN-W site, CSN-W+ is now currently available on your Ann Arundel County Fios system on channel 334, but AFAIK there is no CSN-W+ HD channel yet. Hopefully they got that problem solved. With that said, in contrast to MLB EI, MLB isn't flexible when it comes to waiving blackouts on games that aren't televised in your area. And on MLB EI, and if you live in an area far away and the game is only on an OTA station and the area you live in doesn't show that game on your local OTA station, you're out of luck. (Example: San Luis Obispo is considered Angels and Dodgers territory, and periodically the Dodgers are on KCAL and the Angels are on KCOP. Neither KCAL or KCOP serve San Luis Obispo and no tv station in San Luis Obispo carries the games from either station. So if you try to use MLB EI in that situation you're SOL.) At least with NHL CI, if you're outside the DMA of the local team/50 mile radius, you'd be able to get the game on NHL CI. While the rules between MLB EI and NHL CI are similar, NHL is more leniant IMHO than MLB with respect to their out-of-market packages showing opposing team feeds.

Yes, they added CSN-W+ last week, but of course there are no more Caps games scheduled for that channel this season. There is no CSN-W+ HD this season; I think there was some chatter about it existing in time for next season, but I haven't heard anything firm. Everything you said about MLB and NHL sounds about accurate.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 131 Old 02-09-2010, 05:37 PM

Just had Comcast install a CableCard in my new Tivo today, and have not yet disconnected the old Tivo from DirecTV. I am now watching the Sabres-Bruins game on Center Ice simultaneously on both, for a direct comparison. Even though both transmissions are SD, the DirecTV picture is much better. Hope I didn't make the wrong decision.

I wanted to see the Caps game in HD which is not available on the old satellite Tivo, and just couldn't bear to give up Tivo for the new DTV box.
post #123 of 131 Old 02-09-2010, 07:53 PM
AVS Special Member

All terrestrial providers get an already-encoded mux of Center Ice from INDEMAND, so it looks pretty lousy everywhere. DirecTV has their own deal to get the games directly from the RSNs, so they will probably look better than the SD Center Ice broadcasts on cable.
post #124 of 131 Old 03-03-2010, 05:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Looks like CI is doing a free preview this week. Between that and all the extra games Versus is picking up, there's almost as much hockey on now as there was during the Olympics .
post #125 of 131 Old 03-04-2010, 06:07 AM

I did notice during the preview that there is now a second HD channel for Center Ice.
post #126 of 131 Old 03-04-2010, 06:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by coyoteaz View Post

Looks like CI is doing a free preview this week. Between that and all the extra games Versus is picking up, there's almost as much hockey on now as there was during the Olympics .

For some reason we've been getting CI free all season! Almost never have to miss a Sabres game. (Now if they would only get their offense untracked again...)
post #127 of 131 Old 03-05-2010, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyhrdmet View Post

I did notice during the preview that there is now a second HD channel for Center Ice.

There sure is; I posted about it back in January.

Quick question for you, what provider are you on that carries GAMEHD2? As of 3/5/10, Verizon FiOS does *NOT* carry it, so I'm on the lookout for any providers that do carry it.
post #128 of 131 Old 03-05-2010, 09:21 PM

I missed your post from January. I have Comcast in NJ, which does NOT carry any of the Sports inDemand HD channels. I only saw it on the on screen listings. Comcast put out a new HD lineup last fall in the mid atlantic region, and only one or two systems get GAME HD and TEAM HD.
post #129 of 131 Old 03-06-2010, 08:53 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregAnnapolis View Post

There sure is; I posted about it back in January.

Quick question for you, what provider are you on that carries GAMEHD2? As of 3/5/10, Verizon FiOS does *NOT* carry it, so I'm on the lookout for any providers that do carry it.

In the Seattle area, Comcast carries GAME-HD2, along with GAME-HD and TEAM-HD. We are one of the Xfinity-upgraded areas.
post #130 of 131 Old 03-24-2010, 05:25 PM

MSG's Isles-Rangers is available in HD tonight on DirecTV...
post #131 of 131 Old 03-25-2010, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRChisolm View Post

MSG's Isles-Rangers is available in HD tonight on DirecTV...

I saw it was on their schedule to be in HD, was it actually on? If so, does that mean the MSG war is over? Or at least for DirecTV?
Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page