post #811 of 1364 Old 05-06-2010, 10:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAM4UK View Post

1. Only a great fool labels all people of any "category" (gender, ethnicity...) the same.
2. To be manipulative on "Survivor" does not reveal necessarily that one is so manipulative in daily life.
3. To not be manipulative on "Survivor" is to lose "Survivor." Parv is the survivingest Survivor of all time for a reason...

Although the word "necessarily" saves #2 above, you can definitely tell alot about a person by the way they act as they play the game.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #812 of 1364 Old 05-06-2010, 11:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viventis View Post

Although the word "necessarily" saves #2 above, you can definitely tell alot about a person by the way they act as they play the game.

I disagree.

JT was pretty much completely honest and didn't tell giant lies to anyone in his first season.

This season he said he knew that wouldn't work and told more than two people he was definitely going to take THEM to the final three (about 5 or 6 people, if I rememeber right).
post #813 of 1364 Old 05-06-2010, 12:26 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 18
The game of Survivor is not the game of life. It's a television game show. The winner gets a million dollars.

NOW: my post on AVS Forum.
NEXT: someone else's post on AVS Forum.
post #814 of 1364 Old 05-06-2010, 01:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 31
ugh!! -4

Look, we have been down this road before. We aren't seeing their dog acting on the planet scapus in the terron galaxy. WTF ever that means. Sure it is a tv show, but their personalities come out and we are seeing exactly who they are, regardless of what levels they stoop to, however manipulative they are and it doesn't mean they are bad or evil, they are they way they are.

Watch the exits interviews and other clips where they are one on one. Same people, same personalities.

I am not claiming to know every intimate detail about someone, but when you have some life experience and you have been in relationships, run a business like I do that deals with a clients and suppliers, etc. on a personal level, play team sports, have children...

The point is people are not that hard to read, really they aren't when you see how they talk, body posture, vocabulary, moods, abilities...and yes they are readable even on an edited and scripted tv show where they are "acting" some of the time, as in not being themselves. After so many days and under stress and duress from being out there, we are seeing EXACTLY who these people are. Early on, not so much, but as the show progresses, we see them as they are and what they are willing to do.

So in a "real life" situation where something similar happens and two are fighting over possession of something, I have no doubt that Amanda would have caved in and Danielle would have held her ground and not given in with regards to the clue, exactly as they did on the show.

Oh and by scripted I mean they do retakes where the survivors retell, re-"act" or are told to say something in a different way, or things get edited out of order to manipulate a different take or appearance on a scene, which are all known facts.
post #815 of 1364 Old 05-06-2010, 02:05 PM
AVS Special Member

oh, and how many of you that jumped on the bandwagon like Parv, and yes you know what I mean.... Be honest.
post #816 of 1364 Old 05-06-2010, 02:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scowl View Post

I am constantly amazed at how some people can watch a contestant in a reality television game show and act like they have complete intimate knowledge of everything about that person, even whether anyone in the world should marry them or not!

It's only television, Hugh. Television. You can read a 200 page biography about someone and still not know everything about them.

Your constant amazement should be redirected. Scowl, where did I say I have complete intimate knowledge of anyone? I never did. I made some comments about my observations of some that is all and in no way did I say or even imply what you are saying. Not knowing everything, doesn't mean you can't know anything. It is not all or nothing. At least not in the real world.
post #817 of 1364 Old 05-06-2010, 06:57 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Wow, that was crazy. Russell is insane. I have no idea if that was a good or bad strategic move, but it sure was entertaining.

In the middle of the episode I was thinking that Russell has no chance to win the jury votes, but maybe, playing it that way, just might have helped him some, should he get there.

I think he might have JT's vote for sure.

Love seeing Courtney's antics from the jury box.
post #818 of 1364 Old 05-06-2010, 08:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
Russell mailed it in. Sorry, he is cooked! Almost as stupid as JT's move! You leave another male in the game!?!?!
post #819 of 1364 Old 05-06-2010, 09:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Russell has officially pissed off everybody on the show now (except maybe Jerri) ... damn I love this season.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #820 of 1364 Old 05-06-2010, 10:24 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 21
It's amazing how stupid that Russell is about the juries.
This makes 2 million dollars that he won't take home from Survivor now.
post #821 of 1364 Old 05-06-2010, 11:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedrock View Post

It's amazing how stupid that Russell is about the juries.
This makes 2 million dollars that he won't take home from Survivor now.

According to him he doesn't care about the money.

RIP John, my best friend. Oct 17th 1966 - Nov 13th 2010

RIP Victor, my dad, June 26th 1927 - April 13th 2011
post #822 of 1364 Old 05-07-2010, 01:48 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Well, I admit I usually don't watch Survivor, but I saw part of it today, and It was actually GOOD. I saw about 6 or 7 minutes of it during the long commercial breaks they have on Mexican TV, and it seemed to be the real thing this time. CBS was actually showing Survivor the way I imagine they show it in other Countries. They were actually showing people surviving. WHAT NEXT ARE THEY GOING TO SHOW, THE GUY WHO EATS RATS EATING A RAT! If they are then, I might just have to start watching. They weren't showing people playing little kid games with weird bicycles and stuff like that!!
post #823 of 1364 Old 05-07-2010, 04:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 179
I told you Candance made an idiot move. She would of gotten a LOT farther then this if she stuck with the heroes. She deserves it.

I can't believe Ruppert survived two tribal councils. Wow. This season rocks.

post #824 of 1364 Old 05-07-2010, 06:02 AM
AVS Special Member

I wonder if the "you'll be next" threat from Russell during the day or the "Danielle" mouthed during the TC was what made Jerri flip.

...and what about Sandra re-hiding the "idol"?
post #825 of 1364 Old 05-07-2010, 06:04 AM

Liked: 10
Looks like PARV's time is limited now and I can't wait to see her get bounced! Then I pray I never have to see her on this show ever again.

As far as Russell, he'll never win, he makes too many enemies along the way, but damn I love his spitefulness. He is the best thing to ever happen to the show. Dump the vanilla players like PARV and get more mean spirits like Russell.
post #826 of 1364 Old 05-07-2010, 06:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 13
though they hate him, if Ruppert and Colby want to last a few most votes, they'll side with Russell. I see Russell and Pavarti going out in the next two votes, and from there the final vote is up in the air
post #827 of 1364 Old 05-07-2010, 06:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Do we know if the final TC is two or three players?
post #828 of 1364 Old 05-07-2010, 06:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Russell sure keeps this game interesting. The big mistake was not fighting to save Candace. He had her in his back pocket and he just let them vote her off. That made him realize that Parv and Danielle were running the show. Weak Jedi mind tricks don't work on good players like Parv and Danielle. He should have known that Parv and Danielle would talk to each other ... they are way too tight to just believe Russell. Once he got caught in that lie, he should have taken out Parv instead of Danielle, since she's a stronger player. Now it pretty much comes down to Jerri. Does she stick with Russell or flip and go with Parv and Sandra?

Its amazing that Russell was able to convince Jerri to vote off Danielle. If he can somehow manage to make it to the finals with Jerri, I think he has a legit shot at winning. Its a major long shot, but look at the Jury. Jerri made all of the same votes as Russell. Russell could potentially make a good case for why he's the mastermind. I think many on that jury would have a major problem voting for either of them, and that can only help Russell's argument.
post #829 of 1364 Old 05-07-2010, 06:31 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by edpowers View Post

Does she stick with Russell or flip and go with Parv and Sandra?

I didn't watch the votes at the very end. Did Sandra vote Rupert or Danielle?

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the villains stick together next 2 weeks and get rid of Rupert and Colby now. Even though they all might think Parvarti and Russell should go, they know if they let Rupert or Colby to the end, they can't win. Sandra might just beat any of the villains left in the finals. She has no reason to change course now.
post #830 of 1364 Old 05-07-2010, 06:31 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 248 Post(s)
Liked: 621
Sandra now lays low, goes whichever way the wind blows to stay alive then whips out the Idol when she feels threatened and thus makes it to final Tribal. Unless, of course, that Idol sniffing bloodhound Russell finds it. She better keep an eye on that baby..

As much as Russell raises my blood pressure, it has been an excellent season. His Svengali like ability to manhandle, threaten and lie and get away with it is almost supernatural. If he were a comic book villian, what would his name be..??

Almost sad to see it coming to a close.

Uncle Willie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #831 of 1364 Old 05-07-2010, 06:33 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexluthor View Post

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the villains stick together next 2 weeks and get rid of Rupert and Colby now.

I believe the finale is Sunday the 16th as well as the reunion.

Uncle Willie

: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #832 of 1364 Old 05-07-2010, 06:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 32
The finale typically is when they get down to the final 3 or 4.
post #833 of 1364 Old 05-07-2010, 06:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexluthor View Post

I didn't watch the votes at the very end. Did Sandra vote Rupert or Danielle?

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the villains stick together next 2 weeks and get rid of Rupert and Colby now. Even though they all might think Parvarti and Russell should go, they know if they let Rupert or Colby to the end, they can't win. Sandra might just beat any of the villains left in the finals. She has no reason to change course now.

That is a definite possibility. Based on the previews, it looked like Russell's move on Danielle totally destroyed the Villains alliance. Than again, the previews can be very misleading. I guess this thing could a million different ways since Russell is still in the game. Who would have guessed that he would take out Danielle this week? He's the ultimate loose cannon!
post #834 of 1364 Old 05-07-2010, 07:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Russell proved his point (mess with the bull; get the horns).
But Russell also cooked his own goose. If he ever had any shot at winning a Final TC vote, he has it no more.

A.L.a.E.o.t.U.S., as proven 3/21 - never forget.
Defend liberty.
Knowledge isn't Truth; it's just mindless agreement.
post #835 of 1364 Old 05-07-2010, 07:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Best season so far, by far.
The one person I would have considered least likely to have any chance to win is now the person whose winning might least surprise me.
Any guesses?
Yes, it's

A.L.a.E.o.t.U.S., as proven 3/21 - never forget.
Defend liberty.
Knowledge isn't Truth; it's just mindless agreement.
post #836 of 1364 Old 05-07-2010, 07:51 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAM4UK View Post

Best season so far, by far.
The one person I would have considered least likely to have any chance to win is now the person whose winning might least surprise me.
Any guesses?
Yes, it's

I'm in for Sandra

Uncle Willie

post #837 of 1364 Old 05-07-2010, 07:59 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooder View Post

Dump the vanilla players like PARV and get more mean spirits like Russell.

Love her or hate her, I would never call her "a vanilla player". She plays the game hard!

Barry
post #838 of 1364 Old 05-07-2010, 08:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
By merge time, everyone should be thinking who they want to take to the finals, i.e. who can they beat in a jury vote.

Parvati, IMHO, only has a shot of winning (again) against Russell. I don't think she beats anyone else because everyone will play the "Former winner" card and she won't get any votes, but people dislike Russell so much she could get another win against him.

Likewise, Russell, IMHO, only has a shot of winning versus Parvati. There is a segment of Survivor juries over the years that votes for who should win, but there is also a segment that votes for who they like and who didn't screw them over. Russell vs. anyone else but Parvati? He's gonna lose. With Parvati his shot lies in the fact that she is dis-liked as well and he can play the former winner card.

Thus to me it makes no sense that these two don't want each other in the finals.

And at the same token, if you are not Russell or Parvati, you should want to get to the finals against one of them, probably Parvati to be safe. For example, if you are Rupert and get to a final, you probably win anyways, but it's risky against Colby, or even Sandra. No risk vs. Parvati.
post #839 of 1364 Old 05-07-2010, 08:11 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappy97 View Post

Parvati, IMHO, only has a shot of winning (again) against Russell. I don't think she beats anyone else because everyone will play the "Former winner" card and she won't get any votes, but people dislike Russell so much she could get another win against him.

So Parvati is the only contestant left that has actually won a season..??

Uncle Willie

post #840 of 1364 Old 05-07-2010, 08:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappy97 View Post

By merge time, everyone should be thinking who they want to take to the finals, i.e. who can they beat in a jury vote.

Likewise, Russell, IMHO, only has a shot of winning versus Parvati. There is a segment of Survivor juries over the years that votes for who should win, but there is also a segment that votes for who they like and who didn't screw them over. Russell vs. anyone else but Parvati? He's gonna lose. With Parvati his shot lies in the fact that she is dis-liked as well and he can play the former winner card.

Thus to me it makes no sense that these two don't want each other in the finals.

I tend to agree, but what about Jerri? It seems like most of the jury isn't super fond of Jerri. She also had a hand in voting off every single person in the jury. Its a long shot, but maybe Russell would have a shot against her if they made it to the finals together. She's not very well liked, and Russell could make a strong argument that she was simply his pawn. It didn't work with the idiots last year, but it may be more convincing to people like JT, Courtney and Amanda. Err wait, scratch that ... JT was in Jerri's position when he won his season, so maybe that won't work.

Sandra seems to be in a pretty good position right now. She is sneaky good at just blowing in the wind and going with the flow. Do any of the other players even suspect her of having the idol?
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page