Archer on FX - Page 5 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #121 of 136 Old 11-07-2013, 10:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Here Comcast carries FXX in both HD and SD.

There seem to be many members of AVS Forum who assert categorically that they will not watch anything in SD no matter what.  While of course I prefer the HD version when it's available, and I'm glad to get it in HD as Slowbiscuit is with "Archer," there's nothing for which I'd choose skipping it over settling for SD.  If it came down to that, I must not want to see it very much and would be better off saving the time and skipping it even if it were available in HD.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 136 Old 11-08-2013, 05:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 266
My bad, I checked again and Comcast does carry FXX in HD here even though the getfxx.com website only lists the SD channel.

Whatever, just glad everything I want is in HD.
post #123 of 136 Old 11-08-2013, 02:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Same here: getfxx.com lists only the SD channel for FXX.
post #124 of 136 Old 01-13-2014, 12:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Just saw dad's latest posting. Forgot that tonight is the season premier.

I'm interested in the Chozen as well. The animated gay rapper show.
post #125 of 136 Old 01-15-2014, 09:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 68
It will be interesting to see where this season is headed. That was a neat touch to have an entire season's worth of zany material flash before Archer's imagination during the last couple of minutes.
post #126 of 136 Old 01-15-2014, 03:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSmith83 View Post

It will be interesting to see where this season is headed. That was a neat touch to have an entire season's worth of zany material flash before Archer's imagination during the last couple of minutes.

Interviews with Adam Reed indicate that the "trailer" was actually composed of completed shots from the first seven episodes of this season... so everything we saw will indeed happen. They're completely dispatching with ISIS, and instead following the characters (who, lets face it, are the real reason we watch) as they start a drug cartel.

He also joked in the interview that season 6 will probably be a prison break. He hasn't finished the final two episodes of this season, so it could end on any kind of cliffhanger at this point.
Drewdawg likes this.

~Tighr: Not helping the situation since 1983

post #127 of 136 Old 04-22-2014, 02:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 121
Just read on Yahoo that this entire season was an experiment so to speak and that next season, Archer and the gang will return to the world of ISIS spy games. Leads me to believe that this will end up as a dream sequence and everything will go back to normal.
post #128 of 136 Old 04-22-2014, 02:26 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 414 Post(s)
Liked: 701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Closet Geek View Post

Just read on Yahoo that this entire season was an experiment so to speak and that next season, Archer and the gang will return to the world of ISIS spy games. Leads me to believe that this will end up as a dream sequence and everything will go back to normal.

That's good news. I haven't even seen the last 2 or 3 episodes. Haven't felt compelled to as it's been such a poor season so far. Laughs are few and far between compared to earlier seasons when the show was about a spy agency's hijinks. This season was like trying to pound a square peg into a round hole.
post #129 of 136 Old 04-22-2014, 02:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

That's good news. I haven't even seen the last 2 or 3 episodes. Haven't felt compelled to as it's been such a poor season so far. Laughs are few and far between compared to earlier seasons when the show was about a spy agency's hijinks. This season was like trying to pound a square peg into a round hole.

I agree it wasn't quite as funny but still was interesting to me. That being said, I'm glad they're going back to putting the "square peg in the square hole."
post #130 of 136 Old 04-22-2014, 04:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Quote:

That might have come from an interview Adam Reed gave earlier before the start of this season. He claimed he's "over" the spy aspect, and that the show has largely become more about the characters than about ISIS, so he was looking for a challenge by changing venue. Next season might be something completely different, for example he suggested doing a season-long prisonbreak arc.

~Tighr: Not helping the situation since 1983

post #131 of 136 Old 04-22-2014, 05:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 68
I thought it was a bad season overall. The writing just seemed lazy and uninteresting, and the jokes were very bland and overused for the most part. It's nice for them to have tried something new, but it wasn't well executed.
post #132 of 136 Old 04-23-2014, 05:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 266
I'm glad this season is over and hope they go back to the old format, it just wasn't that funny. Neither the wife nor I cared about it much this year.
post #133 of 136 Old 04-23-2014, 04:59 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:

Closet, from the end of the last episode, I was under the strong impression that ISIS was getting back into the spy business, contracting with the CIA.. On the plane, Malory made Hawley an offer he couldn't refuse. So, no dream sequence needed.
post #134 of 136 Old 04-23-2014, 10:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 125
Yeah... they basically explained that ISIS never really was disbanded anyway... that it was all an agreed-upon setup to put her team in the middle of the drugs/money/weapons/coup deal... just that she neglected to tell anybody on the team what was going on except apparently Krieger.

Yeah baby!  It's Halloween!
post #135 of 136 Old 06-17-2014, 05:23 PM
Kib
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Am I the only one who can't help but think of "Archer" when I hear what's going on in Iraq?

Cyril: Hey, will I get to learn Karate?
Archer: Karate: the Dane Cook of martial arts? No. ISIS agents use Krav Maga. We got an ex-Mossad guy who comes in on Thursdays.
Cyril: Neato.
Archer: Yeah. Tuesdays he comes in for a really rigorous spin class.
post #136 of 136 Old 06-19-2014, 09:32 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
When I heard the news "... militants from the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIS) had hung black..."

I thought about Archer and wondered if their universe where the Soviets are still around could fit this in. Then again our ISIS (The International Secret Intelligence Service) would find a way to keep a perfectly good war going.
Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page